Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I know several diabetics, type i and ii across a few age groups, and anyone who had a pump has gone (in some cases back) to injections.

depends on your lifestyle i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm the only one not diabetic in my direct family. Mother and a brother are type 1, other brother and father are type 2. My mother's side, something like 1/3 of the family is type 1. They (type 1s) have all been using pumps since like, 2013. The side I take more from is the type 2 side, so I just really need fo avoid getting fat.

I'm also the only one that smokes weed of the five of us.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ok so what kind of edibles would you want someone to make you

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Banana bread.

Owns.

DJOprahSpinfrey
Dec 18, 2018

Wah Wah Wee Wah

bagmonkey posted:

Did u get high today

Sadly no, I am currently out, but am awaiting confirmation on the green eagle having landed at my guy's place lol

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Colorado is still 8g/day. Except now METRC tracks all purchases so if you hit one shop, the next will be able to see it and won't sell to you.

This changed when the medical limit went from 40g to 8g a day on Jan 1.

thanks so much that would have been a bummer to find out the hard way

Vashro
May 12, 2004

looking like MI is less strict about transaction limits

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vashro posted:

looking like MI is less strict about transaction limits

Do you mean the individual purchase limits? Cuz I've watched people buy 50+ Platinum Vape carts in multiple transactions before lol

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I do and that is great news

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Re: my mini bong, I was in a pub beer garden waiting for food. People can smoke cigarettes and cigars there, and also create huge clouds with e-vapes. Nobody there was offended, including the staff. So why the gently caress are some of you? lol

Likening medicating with cannabis with injecting insulin is ridiculous and laughable tbh. I didn't affect anyone, and I didn't upset anyone - except maybe some edgy random people on the internet. For the record, I was in the same beer garden yesterday, and as there were too many people there, I decided to wait until I got to the park. I don't inflict my exhaled vapour on anyone.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

Yeah look Im all for normalisation of cannabis use but I draw the line at 'carting a literal beaker bong to the pub to honk down a wax salad'

I was at a heavy psychedelic rock festival at a local bar on the weekend and there wasnt a single person not honking on a vape of some description and the bar staff/security couldnt give a hot gently caress about it. again, its illegal (decriminalised in my state but still) in Aus still. but a bong would definitely have been a problem.

if I saw you doing that in a pub I would think you're being a bit of a wanker. if you were using a discreet vape I would probably come and have a chat about our shared interest.

Diabetes for example - you dont see people shooting insulin in the beer garden. they go do it in the bathroom.

I was the guy who, before recreational was a thing in Michigan, would regularly smoke his one hitter outside of the bar. I would ask any of the smokers I was hanging with if they minded or if they wanted any, and would just go about my business. I also had to deal with a bunch of bar owners and staff who would get extremely uptight about letting someone who did The Marijuana into their establishment. That would usually result in me laughing at them and asking to close my tab while I loudly told all my friends about the dude who's serving a deadly, addictive substance lecturing me about a plant. Did I make some scenes? Sure! But should other people just mind their own fuckin business if it's not hurting them? Yes!

Idk man, smoking the rig INSIDE the beer garden goes against my PERSONAL beliefs of not smoking around others. That part is a douche move and I can't be convinced otherwise. But I also appreciate anyone willing to push boundaries, especially if you are a part of a pretty select, privileged class like "medical marijuana-approved white guys"

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DJOprahSpinfrey posted:

Sadly no, I am currently out, but am awaiting confirmation on the green eagle having landed at my guy's place lol

does your guy have a good selection of strains or what? I haven't bought black market is YEARS

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Laserface posted:

I was at a heavy psychedelic rock festival at a local bar on the weekend and there wasnt a single person not honking on a vape of some description and the bar staff/security couldnt give a hot gently caress about it. again, its illegal (decriminalised in my state but still) in Aus still. but a bong would definitely have been a problem.

if everyone's already smoking weed in public, in the pub, etc, who is the show for? this is just brown paper bag legalization.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bagmonkey posted:

Idk man, smoking vaping the rig INSIDE outisde, in the beer garden goes against my PERSONAL beliefs of not smoking vaping around others (even nobody was near). That part is a douche move and I can't be convinced otherwise (even though I've completely misrepresented the situation )

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

vape carts in black markets are full of gross poo poo and it's hilariously stupid that drug policy has everyone huffing that poo poo instead of real weed to achieve brown paper bag status around our dumb drug policies and cultural hangups

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I just openly smoke big stinky joints but I'm a 6ft tall bald white dude.

I'm doing my part!

The wiidzard can smoke wherever brits can smoke cigarettes, which I'm assuming includes beer gardens.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 21, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

lol calm the gently caress down dude, you were inside the area defined as a "beer garden" and not everyone wants other people smoking OR vaping around them. Be fuckin' respectful of others when you're pushing the limit dude, it's not that hard.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There was a big stinky ashtray right next to me full of cigarette butts, and the two nearest people to me were puffing away on cigarettes.

I don't think you understand UK beer gardens, especially Wetherspoons ones.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

There was a big stinky ashtray right next to me full of cigarette butts, and the two nearest people to me were puffing away on cigarettes.

Yeah, and I don't really want to because tobacco use is gross, especially directly in the vicinity of people who don't smoke :shrug: Just because the UK does it doesn't mean it's not complete loving garbage

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

bagmonkey posted:

Yeah, and I don't really want to because tobacco use is gross, especially directly in the vicinity of people who don't smoke :shrug: Just because the UK does it doesn't mean it's not complete loving garbage

Good thing your whims don't determine legislation in foreign nations then!

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
I've been in pub gardens where people openly smoke joints, but even there using a rig that looks like a chemistry set is going to cause you problems eventually and isn't going to have the activist effect you think it is. Just use a normal discreet pax-like vape like everyone else!

Anyway, the bigger problem here is that you were in a wetherspoons!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Good thing your whims don't determine legislation in foreign nations then!

Which part about you mad about Sam

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

fuctifino posted:

Sounds like my kinda place, but I smoke 1.5 packs a day of nonfilter (or rip the filters off 100s).

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I just openly smoke big stinky joints but I'm a 6ft tall bald white dude.

I'm doing my part!

I do this too, but after military service and damage to my back, I am now but a 5'10" manlet (I was 6'1" when I enlisted) who smokes the stinky poo poo everywhere. Not bald either, I haven't cut one hair since labor day 2016. poo poo's crazy, like Cthulhu is living on my head. Growing it all now so when I start balding I can at least remember my lovely long locks.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 21, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
CRUSTY MINGE laid the stones for the path that we all blaze down today

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

I have checked with my sources and I did not, in fact, understand how dire Wetherspoons is. It's like a rural dive bar but sounds more depressing. Sorry about that my friend, it sounds like you were probably classing the joint up. I stand corrected.

DJOprahSpinfrey
Dec 18, 2018

Wah Wah Wee Wah

bagmonkey posted:

does your guy have a good selection of strains or what? I haven't bought black market is YEARS

Nah, he gets from the local black market distro person, I'm not high enough on the chain. Just the usual brick weed, but it gets the job done

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bagmonkey posted:

CRUSTY MINGE laid the stones for the path that we all blaze down today

I can't blaze all day, I have to help a friend wire his solar poo poo up.

I can probably smoke a joint before we do the wire pull though.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DJOprahSpinfrey posted:

Nah, he gets from the local black market distro person, I'm not high enough on the chain. Just the usual brick weed, but it gets the job done

Where are you at if you don't mind me asking? You would be surprised to know I still run into brick weed in MI from time to time!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I can't blaze all day, I have to help a friend wire his solar poo poo up.

I can probably smoke a joint before we do the wire pull though.

I'll blaze some of Colorado's finest for you today my friend.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bagmonkey posted:

Where are you at if you don't mind me asking? You would be surprised to know I still run into brick weed in MI from time to time!

my last brick weed connects dried up when I manufactured pharma at a plant that did controlled substances for 5 years and I had to quit doing anything, there's some times where I wish I could buy like 1/4oz of decent mid-grade brick and roll joints all day for old time's sake.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dude hasn't called yet so I'm going to hit the dab rig anyhow. I'm just labor today.

DJOprahSpinfrey
Dec 18, 2018

Wah Wah Wee Wah

bagmonkey posted:

STRANGER DANGER! lol I'm in TN

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dude's running errands around town, gently caress it, I'm getting baked. He can transport my rear end back and forth today.

DJOprahSpinfrey posted:

STRANGER DANGER! lol I'm in TN

I'm so sorry.

I've lived all over that state (Nashville, Murfreesboro, Ft Campbell, Memphis). I strongly recommend just getting out, but I understand if you can't/won't. I booked it for Colorado in '16.

I do not miss paying those prices, or dealing with the anxiety of trying to smoke a one hitter in public. There's a laundry list of poo poo I do not miss about that place.

And they let Mississippi get ahead of them on weed. MS just passed a fairly meh medical law, but they loving passed one. Meanwhile a half oz is a felony in TN (any concentrate too). In MS, that's a fine like a ticket (if you're white). I mean, gently caress the south in general, but especially gently caress Tennessee.

I wish it didn't suck so much, but Tennessee is trump country, nothing progressive is getting done there.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Furious George posted:

I've been in pub gardens where people openly smoke joints, but even there using a rig that looks like a chemistry set is going to cause you problems eventually and isn't going to have the activist effect you think it is. Just use a normal discreet pax-like vape like everyone else!

A small number of very dense hits has a much more medicinal effect for me than trying to milk the same cannabis through an electric vape. I have a Solo2, and it just didn't do much compared to the dynavap, which is why it's been sat in a drawer for the best part of a year.

quote:

Anyway, the bigger problem here is that you were in a wetherspoons!

100% agreed, but sadly it's the only wheelchair accessible place in town with a garden...

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh you're a chair user? i take it entirely back then. please smoke your wizard orb bong wherever and whenever you like if it improves your qol at all.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Walrus posted:

oh you're a chair user? i take it entirely back then. please smoke your wizard orb bong wherever and whenever you like if it improves your qol at all.

A chair user with hosed up covid lungs (hence the strong desire and need for water cooling). And yeah, weed helps in so many ways. I'm prescribed it for chronic pain, but it also helps amazingly with nausea and boosting appetite - hence why I was taking a rip before my cheese and tomato panini arrived. And it worked... I ate the whole thing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

lol calm the gently caress down dude, you were inside the area defined as a "beer garden" and not everyone wants other people smoking OR vaping around them. Be fuckin' respectful of others when you're pushing the limit dude, it's not that hard.

Lmao you're legit loving insane.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lmao you're legit loving insane.

:shrug: That's the law here and no one seems to mind, even the smokers, sorry you cannot ask better of yourself or those around you

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

fuctifino posted:

A small number of very dense hits has a much more medicinal effect for me than trying to milk the same cannabis through an electric vape. I have a Solo2, and it just didn't do much compared to the dynavap, which is why it's been sat in a drawer for the best part of a year.

Yeah I get that, it sucks when you're mainly just inhaling hot air. I find it very much dependant on the weed though, some just doesn't vape as well in that type of vape.

I actually just invested in a similar orb to yours for cooler dynavap hits as i'm still finding it a bit on the harsh side, but it's definitely for home use ;) Also got the lower temp cap.

gently caress giving Tim Wetherspoon any money though, anywhere but there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

bagmonkey posted:

Which part about you mad about Sam

This is the weed thread, no mad allowed.

I'm just pointing out that other countries have different laws (and cultural norms!).

Cigarette smoke is nasty though, I grew up in a cloud of second hand smoke.