Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I think that tweet is applicable to any old rear end wrestler who ever appeared on a lovely podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

get their rear end, hanger

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

I think he is talking about Booker T.

beggar posted:

Think he is talking about Booker, for saying Adam Colebaby needs to get on the juice big time (paraphrasing)

Oh lol. I always forget Booker does audio shows.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1539242950319824898

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat it's weird as hell seeing MinSu smiling and laughing and it's not because he's about to kill someone

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

drat it's weird as hell seeing MinSu smiling and laughing and it's not because he's about to kill someone

He's a lot more chill these days

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

MinSu only activates murder mode when he's in his tracksuit or his trunks. Otherwise he's a wholesome uncle that loves One Piece and Ayumi Nakamura.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

He also loves Emi so he'll likely be on his best behavior around her. MiSu seems like a pretty chill guy in general outside the ring.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Adam Page is a good man.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

as always the best part was the follow-up

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1539223513793429505

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

beggar posted:

Think he is talking about Booker, for saying Adam Colebaby needs to get on the juice big time (paraphrasing)

Chris Benoit killed his family.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

0konner posted:

Clockwise from 12 this is Vinny, Bryan, Craig, and Granny in 1992
lmfao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Chris Benoit killed his family.

Looked jacked as hell though

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dacap posted:

Yeah, they clearly have talent and I think they have a good grasp on their character which is great this early, they just really need some good training and mentoring for the ring work to catch up to their imagination. I think they could be putting on some really exciting matches in a few years.
I like kidd bandit's vibe, they are v. good at marketing themselves which is a great way to get your foot in the door, but I do worry about someone so green inviting as many eyeballs as they have who are then obligated to heap perhaps excessive criticism upon them, even if criticism is mandatory at this point in their careers. but i assume they understand what it means to take this path to get better as quickly as possible

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's a real common problem on WWE poo poo and thankfully doesn't happen so much in AEW, but Hangman is one of the few AEW guys whose on-screen characters should be more like their IRL personalities. I would be loving RIDE OR DIE for Hangman and rioting in the streets right now because he lost the title, if he was doing stuff like this on TV.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

CombineThresher posted:

He also loves Emi so he'll likely be on his best behavior around her. MiSu seems like a pretty chill guy in general outside the ring.

Outside the arena is probably more like it, because just outside the ring, there's plenty young lions to kill, and no matter how old he gets (if he even ages at all any more), he can't pass up that chance to beat them up.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's a real common problem on WWE poo poo and thankfully doesn't happen so much in AEW, but Hangman is one of the few AEW guys whose on-screen characters should be more like their IRL personalities. I would be loving RIDE OR DIE for Hangman and rioting in the streets right now because he lost the title, if he was doing stuff like this on TV.

It would be pretty dumb for wrestlers in any company to cut promos talking trash about unrelated podcasters who hurt their feelings. It would only drag down the promotion and give the podcasters free advertising

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am going to be honest, but I am pretty sure tweeting cool and irreverent stuff does not, in any way, translate into stuff you can easily and concisely do on television. Like there is zero overlap, they are almost opposing artforms.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i would cheer the wrestler who grabbed the mic and lower case ranted about boomers being old and out of touch etc. without having a specific target. i cheered Cody's final promo also. i just like cheering. except for heels.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

karmicknight posted:

I am going to be honest, but I am pretty sure tweeting cool and irreverent stuff does not, in any way, translate into stuff you can easily and concisely do on television. Like there is zero overlap, they are almost opposing artforms.

I'm not saying he should be reading his tweets on TV or anything, but it would be nice if this kind of personality had come through more during Hangman's run as champ. But maybe the world in general would not be open to Hangman cutting leftist promos and telling boomers to jump in a ditch. Maybe one day.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

To me his promos with Punk are a way to bring that attitude to the screen.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i would cheer the wrestler who grabbed the mic and lower case ranted about boomers being old and out of touch etc. without having a specific target. i cheered Cody's final promo also. i just like cheering. except for heels.

Nah wrestlers should be portrayed as things like ‘cool’ and ‘bad rear end’ and ‘tough’, leave the sardonic millennial stuff on twitter.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Sandman McMahon posted:

Nah wrestlers should be portrayed as things like ‘cool’ and ‘bad rear end’ and ‘tough’, leave the sardonic millennial stuff on twitter.

should i... boo them instead? I've been practicing my booing in case i ever need it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think adam page could pull being more of his twitter self as a wrestle character but hangman adam page has had a fairly deliberate arc across the entire run of aew tv so far and idk if doing that more than he's done already would help it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hangman: uhh so cm punk just challenged me to a title match? Yikes. Normal world.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

more sincerely, i don't see a disconnect between TV Hangman and Mr Twitter Fingers. he started projecting more and more aggression on television, but still showed self doubt after most interactions, which blends cleanly into mumblecore Twitter posts that are closer to his pre-champ personality. many people I've met are the opposite, but they never win big gold belts.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
didnt hangman call dan lambert a walking facebook post or something

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

more sincerely, i don't see a disconnect between TV Hangman and Mr Twitter Fingers. he started projecting more and more aggression on television, but still showed self doubt after most interactions, which blends cleanly into mumblecore Twitter posts that are closer to his pre-champ personality. many people I've met are the opposite, but they never win big gold belts.

He's also mentioned old guys getting a TV payday or something when talking about the judges being there for the Danielson rematch. Some of this stuff does come out sometimes on TV, but more as a character trait and not his entire character.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thought the Hangman/Punk stuff was really sloppily done. Page is a good fiery promo but they never really attempted to portray why he was angry at Punk, just that he was. Felt like a story with half of it surgically removed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Could it have been because Punk wasn't going to turn heel (if at all) until after the match, so Hangman didn't have anything to hold onto with Punk for his grievances?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Thought the Hangman/Punk stuff was really sloppily done. Page is a good fiery promo but they never really attempted to portray why he was angry at Punk, just that he was. Felt like a story with half of it surgically removed.

It felt obvious to me but they did leave it unspoken. Hangman saw Punk as a threat and thought the whole "I'm just here to win matches and help the boys" was see through bullshit. They did kind of land the ending odd since Punk winning the match doesn't really answer if Hangman was right or not and I think the injury is going to change a lot of what they originally planned when Punk comes back.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
look, I'm going to skip to the punchline I thought of and just say, they surgically removed something from the feud, the heel!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1539051501435363330?s=21&t=af3ju3S59bg7VOz2tBPOCQ

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

karmicknight posted:

look, I'm going to skip to the punchline I thought of and just say, they surgically removed something from the feud, the heel!

Lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

the whole "I'm just here to win matches and help the boys" was see through bullshit

Hangman was right

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Good to get confirmation that grace’s thighs are individually larger than a whole toddler.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I still believe MY champion CM Punk was here to help the boys.

Bolt Yaride
Oct 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Coaaab posted:

I like kidd bandit's vibe, they are v. good at marketing themselves which is a great way to get your foot in the door, but I do worry about someone so green inviting as many eyeballs as they have who are then obligated to heap perhaps excessive criticism upon them, even if criticism is mandatory at this point in their careers. but i assume they understand what it means to take this path to get better as quickly as possible

Agree

They're good at marketing but really awful in ring. Can't see them lasting, which says more about how awful the industry is

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I think they'll get there, they seem to have good mentor figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I still believe MY champion CM Punk was here to help the boys.

yeah… help them become unemployed!!!!