Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Am about to get on board a bus from Wood Green to Warren Street :ohdear:

Goodbye. Your part of the union now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol, the loving cheek
https://twitter.com/KayBurley/status/1539166310227116034

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Tfl taking a page out of the Dennis hopper in Speed playbook, anyone gets on or off the bus and they press the big button to take us back to the 70s

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean you stay humble, not me.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Haha yeah it was definitely him getting flustered. He was the one all flustered!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

and another thing, i'm not flustered. please put on twitter it was the other guy who got flustered

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Wow, what a ratio. A completely unnecessary extra self own on top of an already monumentally stupid interview.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChristinaMcMc/status/1539235051853987840

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tuggy Tug and his gang of street onanists, guilty of buming several commercial properties during the riots.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Clearly one from the Johan Hari school of journalism

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozi4UgfUlcI

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tuggy Tug is the one in the middle.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Not sure which is worse tbh:

https://twitter.com/mildanalyst/status/1538535808050798594?t=fkzugOsGTGtiN7Q_cjmIyw&s=19

Or

https://twitter.com/BNNBreaking/status/1539265778595565568?t=ec0Wtd-I6p1gSNHcOwzCOw&s=19

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

All watched over by Muskchines of loving race war

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Honestly its easier for my brain to believe Caroline Aherne faked her death and is now doing a Tony Clifton thing than accept that's a real human being.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Our education system is failing middle class white women who enter into the workforce not knowing basic facts like "it takes a village to raise a child" and "a person becomes a person through other people" and "if there's no food for kids, they get hungry."

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

$44b for Twitter, if this doesn't prove that guy has too much money then nothing will.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Another good bit of strike commentary from a rather unlikely source - wouldn't expect a passionate defence of the labour movement from someone I remember on the Disney Channel, and on Jeremy Vine's show as well.

https://twitter.com/jemmaforte/status/1539218052604108805?t=AYp6JhM4aIIWoG33y8jCwA&s=19

Really stark difference between facts and "common sense"

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's mad that Tories are out there on TV and radio openly selling the message that everyone in Britain needs to accept getting poorer and Labour are nowhere.

How can they not manage to oppose a government telling the electorate that life is just going to get worse and they will do nothing about it.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

peanut- posted:

It's mad that Tories are out there on TV and radio openly selling the message that everyone in Britain needs to accept getting poorer and Labour are nowhere.

How can they not manage to oppose a government telling the electorate that life is just going to get worse and they will do nothing about it.

To be fair, it's not like they would be allowed on TV if they had a pro strike attitude. Which is half the problem.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

peanut- posted:

Unfortunately, see also the period 2016-present. The common responses to the idea that Brexit would make everyone poorer was either denial or that it yes it will, and that is a good thing because we've [you've] had it too easy for too long. Proper fashy "suffering is good" stuff.

But yes, it is mad. There's a new story going round today that a Brexity Bonus may be the lifting of pay and bonus caps in the financial sector...literally adjacent to the rail strike story and talk of pay restraint to curb inflation.

They virtually spelling out in black and white "More money for us: gently caress You" and yet Labour are doing nothing with it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BalloonFish posted:

Another good bit of strike commentary from a rather unlikely source - wouldn't expect a passionate defence of the labour movement from someone I remember on the Disney Channel, and on Jeremy Vine's show as well.

https://twitter.com/jemmaforte/status/1539218052604108805?t=AYp6JhM4aIIWoG33y8jCwA&s=19

Hearing a normal, rational human being trying to talk through sense into some rando screeching 'Summer of discontent!' over and over gave me an actual headache.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jedit posted:

Quite a few people have already pointed out that it's not actually legal for a 17 year old to work in a bar.

Just a very quick well actually - they could be a glass collector or work in the kitchen. There are lots of risk assessments to fill out

Source: have employed under 18s in bar

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Skarsnik posted:

Just a very quick well actually - they could be a glass collector or work in the kitchen. There are lots of risk assessments to fill out

Source: have employed under 18s in bar

You can also sell alcohol under the approval of the licence holder or bar manager from 16.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Red Oktober posted:

You can also sell alcohol under the approval of the licence holder or bar manager from 16.

Aye though realistically that only works in supermarkets, a bar would be difficult. Its every transaction IIRC not a blanket thing so it'd get pretty tiresome

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gentlegoons, and children of all ages, I present to you the wonderful evening's entertainment I had. I regret not photographing the initial stages of this because I didn't realise what was happening.

You hate to sea it.

Also bonus pictures of the very low tide.

The cliff audibly lost some bits twice while I was taking these so it's a slightly unsettling place to go but also crawling with sea snails if you're hungry. Also very noisy gull colony up there.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 21, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rektcar

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao

I genuinely don't know how you can own a car and a boat and not know what happens to the sand underneath a heavy object in surf. You can literally see the effect around every large rock on the beach.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I've definitely fallen over before because the sand got sucked out from under my foots

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I've probably told this one before, but the last driving lesson I had before my test years back we were driving along a two/three lane city road when a BMW SUV towing a 20 foot boat on a trailer pulled ahead, indicated to merge, and apparently forgot they were pulling a loving boat. I had nowhere to go without endangering myself/other road users so it ended up whacking into the side of the car and destroying the wing mirror. SUV driver obviously didn't realize and just carried on driving off, fortunately nobody hurt and the instructor got all the details and sorted the insurance bit, but it meant that I had to do the test in a completely different car to the one I learned in, petrol instead of diesel, different controls.

I still managed to pass but it was an instructional lesson in how clueless some people can be while in possession of a giant boat and car. I'm not even sure why they were driving in the city with it, probably a very stupid reason.

'Forgot that my car doesn't belong in the water' is entirely par for the course for that type of person.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Lol she didn't even ask him why, he just answered her repeatedly asking what the picket line would do while she informed him that she was actually older than she looked.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Guavanaut posted:

I've probably told this one before, but the last driving lesson I had before my test years back we were driving along a two/three lane city road when a BMW SUV towing a 20 foot boat on a trailer pulled ahead, indicated to merge, and apparently forgot they were pulling a loving boat. I had nowhere to go without endangering myself/other road users so it ended up whacking into the side of the car and destroying the wing mirror. SUV driver obviously didn't realize and just carried on driving off, fortunately nobody hurt and the instructor got all the details and sorted the insurance bit, but it meant that I had to do the test in a completely different car to the one I learned in, petrol instead of diesel, different controls.

I still managed to pass but it was an instructional lesson in how clueless some people can be while in possession of a giant boat and car. I'm not even sure why they were driving in the city with it, probably a very stupid reason.

'Forgot that my car doesn't belong in the water' is entirely par for the course for that type of person.

Sailing boat or powerboat? It might actually have been his right of way.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/elon-musk-daughter-name-change-b2105590.html

Elon musk's trans-daughter from his first marriage wishes to change her name away from Musk and sever all ties with him.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/elon-musk-daughter-name-change-b2105590.html

Elon musk's trans-daughter from his first marriage wishes to change her name away from Musk and sever all ties with him.

Very sad and difficult for all involved I'm sure, but I'm not sure it's of huge bearing on UK politics.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

The oval office who is about to buy twitter is likely to be as relevant to uk politics as murdoch

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Amazing

https://twitter.com/unitedswers/status/1539289769095602176

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BalloonFish posted:

*clearing throat for two minutes*

Lizzie Cunty

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

bessantj posted:

$44b for Twitter, if this doesn't prove that guy has too much money then nothing will.

If its typical for this kind of deal it wont be his money hes using to buy it. Rich people dont need to spend their own money to buy things, they just take out a loan with the thing they are planning to buy as collateral.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sorry, have I fallen through a time portal? Didn't this happen weeks ago, hence causing me to read many, many updates on how he's been trying to wriggle out of the purchase since then with increasingly desperate claims about the number of bots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Despite weeks of the consent manufacturing machine running full time:

https://twitter.com/SavantaComRes/status/1539277133352259584