Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Drone_Fragger posted:

Just lol at people getting precious over which coins are shitcoins or not.

As you all should be well aware all crypto currencies are shitcoins.

even boxturretcoin? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i hope frederator sends them a C&D

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I'm assuming his agent(s) were sure to take their payments in USD.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Trevor Lawrence at least had a productive rookie season under a good coach playing for a respected well run team, The Jacksonville Jaguars

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Isentropy posted:

Trevor Lawrence at least had a productive rookie season under a good coach playing for a respected well run team, The Jacksonville Jaguars
not all rookie qbs are fortunate enough to start their careers playing in The House That Bortles Built

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jaguars continue to pioneer new ways to lose in the nfl, now losing both on and off the field

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

fuctifino posted:

derek smart pm'd me earlier to say that dave mata, the crypto scammer bloke who's being prosecuted by the SEC, had joined beamable as director of operations 4 months ago.

beamable's ceo jon radoff saw the thread on derek's wall, and knew nothing about the prosecution. dave had failed to mention it to him for some reason. lol

dave no longer works at beamable

Haha this should be posted in the schad thread

hell i'll do it if you don't want to

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Shageletic posted:

:justpost:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Shageletic posted:

yeah, feel free to cross post the 2 gbs posts to the schad thread if you want. i've been giggling about this all day.

dave posted this an hour ago

https://twitter.com/DaveMata/status/1539327694768177152

i guess he won't be bothered by work convos for a while, eh?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

i hope everyone involved in this dies

i mean they will eventually, but i mean soon

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

PotatoJudge posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeBurgersburg/status/1537862987784015872

if this guy is right these DeFi companies are looping collateral, using $1 to buy $4 of bitcoin from Lender A, that $4 to buy $16 from B and so on. buying on margin with margin on top of margin. and when they get behind they roll it over into a new loan like buying a new car by trading in your car whose loan is underwater and packing the two loans together into one. it works until someone finally needs to be paid back in real money and then BOOM

the very important trick is to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever call another exchange's loan with fiat, ever

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

the amount that they put into crypto in the first place is the most surprising, :wtc: is wrong with people

.. oh hey it was deleted but I had that poo poo cached:

quote:

Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann)
Trevor Lawrence had almost 70% of his entire rookie contract paid out in crypto?

What kind of insane financial advisor allowed him to do this?! Does he not have a fiduciary handling his money? He's down 15 million in a year!
Retweets

Twitter•Today at 2:06 PM

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 21, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

so long as criminals keep bringing in sufficient fiat income for everyone's payroll, no exchange ought to need to go for another's neck

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

more like ughnimals

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/kevincollier/status/1539321901474004993?s=20&t=yd9BeZ2-NwqJMFG7nTRmag

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
can something be a metaphor for itself?

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

lol I was just walking through times sq this afternoon and saw several vans with apes and other nft poo poo painted all over them, I guess that’s what that was about

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

all my doggs, snooped

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don’t even think the real snoop is terribly expensive, he’ll shill pretty much anything

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Doop Snogg

bort
Mar 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

can something be a metaphor for itself?
the bitcoin collapsed, itself a collapsing bitcoin

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fuckin waminals ooominals, man

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

I don’t even think the real snoop is terribly expensive, he’ll shill pretty much anything

he's shilling a food delivery service in ontario right now.

they won't actually say it's because you're too high to go out and you have the munchies, despite weed being legal here, but it's heavily implied.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bort posted:

the bitcoin collapsed, itself a collapsing bitcoin

shaka, when the walls fell, but the falling wall is literally shaka

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

right-clicked dupe snogg in avatar

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
lol

https://twitter.com/harper/status/1539254508441714689?s=20&t=MJ5bnbBR-PXYvUh5wxbKOg

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh god, i hope that's true

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
who the gently caress scans a publicly posted QR code

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fuctifino posted:

derek smart pm'd me earlier to say that dave mata, the crypto scammer bloke who's being prosecuted by the SEC, had joined beamable as director of operations 4 months ago.

beamable's ceo jon radoff saw the thread on derek's wall, and knew nothing about the prosecution. dave had failed to mention it to him for some reason. lol

dave no longer works at beamable

Thank you for your service, Mr. Derek Smart o7

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I... must... resist.... scanning QR code....

NOOOOOOOOOO My APES!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

who the gently caress scans a publicly posted QR code

People who own crypto obv.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
at least some of the people getting pantsed in crypto markets must have been alive when mouse-over was an internet necessity??

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Poop Slogg.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

People who own crypto obv.

seriously, the market self selects for the dumbest most credulous motherfuckers on the planet.

it's a 419 scam writ large

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Shumagorath posted:

who the gently caress scans a QR code

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

i scan at codes at restaurants because they don’t give menus out anymore.

edit oh gently caress lol that would be perfect for a crypto meetup. just change all the we codes at the tables to steal their poo poo.

so easy too.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

changing the qr codes at a restaurant in general seems like a pretty easy thing to pull... :ninja:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

keep in mind, the target has to be dumb enough to accept that the qr code for the menu is opening their wallet app and requesting to transfer tokens

so basically guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

infernal machines posted:

keep in mind, the target has to be dumb enough to accept that the qr code for the menu is opening their wallet app and requesting to transfer tokens

so basically guaranteed

" Oh weird this outback steak house menu wants to open my wallet.... well I do want my bloomin onion so lets do it"

post hole digger posted:

changing the qr codes at a restaurant in general seems like a pretty easy thing to pull... :ninja:

Hell you don't even have to change it. Just get some stickers made up and put them next to the real one. You'll get suckers that way for sure.