Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Motherfucker tried to bribe someone with signed MAGA hats?!?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Xiahou Dun posted:

Never underestimate the delusional power of narcististic idiot

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Never heard this yell-y Trump before!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dr. Faustus posted:

Never heard this yell-y Trump before!

Motherfucker yelled all the time.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I meant the phone call bits, at least three of them were new to me. Don't be disingenuous, please.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Extremely good and also a big lol that these people recorded Trump asking for crimes.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

even funnier: there's absolutely no way Trump would actually sign them himself

SamDabbers posted:

Extremely good and also a big lol that these people recorded Trump asking for crimes.

Tbf he would often just openly tweet them, he was never particularly stealthy about it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dr. Faustus posted:

I meant the phone call bits, at least three of them were new to me. Don't be disingenuous, please.

I wasn't trying to be. I misunderstood your context.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

"Evidence of USB ports" - Rudy, a man who has no idea how technology works.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Xiahou Dun posted:

I laughed so hard at that audio clip. Literally demanding election workers' homes be searched for "any signs of USB ports"

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I wasn't trying to be. I misunderstood your context.
Coo, coo, you're good man. My attorney called and I just now am seeing the swearing in of Ms. Moss I am behind y'all.

Ok gently caress me Ms. Moss' testimony about wanting to be the person who helped out really resonates with me and I am not loving crying, you are.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 21, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
A hypothetical Trump deposition and why it would be a waste of time:

"Mr. Trump on Day X did the US Attorney General tell you that your Georgia election claim was false? Remember you are under oath."

"I can't recall"

*shows evidence that he was indeed told*

"Mr. Trump on Day X did the Assistant US Attorney General tell you that your Georgia election claim was false? Remember you are under oath."

"I can't recall"

"Mr. Trump on Day X did the US Attorney for Georgia tell you that your Georgia election claim was false? Remember you are under oath."

"I can't recall"

"Mr. Trump on Day X did the Georgia Secretary of State tell you that your Georgia election claim was false? Remember you are under oath."

"I can't recall"

"Mr. Trump on Day X did you then go on television and assert those claims after you were told they were false"

"I can't recall"

*shows evidence that he did*

Fox News, "Can you believe how they browbeat the president with false allegations? They should all be in prison!!!"

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Xiahou Dun posted:

Presidential Cybersecurity Expert

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Lady Ruby owns

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

This poor woman and her mother. :(

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Not that it’s okay for elected officials and their families to be threatened, but seeing ordinary folks like Ruby and her mother talk about the effects it’s had on their lives makes my loving skin crawl.

loving Trump himself named her eighteen times on that call.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I am experiencing feelings over this testimony that are very very strong and were I to give voice to my thoughts I would have to be banned from posting again. Suffice to say, then.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Papercut posted:

I laughed so hard at that audio clip. Literally demanding election workers' homes be searched for "any signs of USB ports"

Cactrot posted:

Presidential Cybersecurity Expert

Checked for ports. Not USB drives, but USB ports. Like if you flip up their pinkies, little sockets open up where you can charge your phone.

It's really minor in the scheme of the crimes and it's really just him being an old man with a brain made of soup, but he literally asked that we check if election workers are loving cyborgs. He's worried about rigger droids.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I really, really want to hear Cipollone testify, I hope they can make that happen.

The White House Counsel saying, "Yes, I told Trump that was illegal before, during and after he did it" would be pretty epic.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Xiahou Dun posted:

It was a a ginger mint. Whatever the gently caress that is. But Rudy can tell from his years as a prosecutor that it was really a USB drive with an election virus on it and that this young woman and her mother were ring leaders of massive fraud. In any other bullshit case like this, they'd say it was crack. Hell, if anything, I bet those ladies were ready to loving go home and probably pissed when the magic fraudulent ballot "suitcase" showed up because it meant they had to keep working. For what I'm SURE is a very very high inflation causing wage.

I laughed out loud at that "USB port" thing also. Hell, I'm a criminal probably 20x over by that measure. There's evidence if USB ports all over my loving house and several drives laying around in various junk drawers just waiting for directives from Lord Soros to unleash and clandestinely hand to an underpaid poll worker. You think that Rudy has evidence of AV or component cables and VHS equipment in his house? Someone needs to look into that.

Also, I wanna say that even if that Bowers dude is a Republican and thinks the constitution has something to with Jesus, that guy seemed all right and I'd go as far as to say he pretty much owned.

Another thing that gets me is how "surprised" Trump's teams acted that absentee and mail in ballots were counted late in a lot of states and overwhelmingly favored and voted for democrats after they spent an entire year telling their voters not to use mail ins or absentee ballots and show up on election day instead. There's also the bullshit where they pretend that all of these ballots just showed up out of nowhere like a miracle that proves a Fix when, in many states, it was GOP legislation that made it to where none of them could be counted before election day so poll workers were overwhelmed.

I'm starting to think that Republicans don't always argue in good faith.

Also, "The gang who couldn't shoot straight" got a chuckle out of me.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

It was a a ginger mint. Whatever the gently caress that is.

I’m no Willy Wonka, but I’m gonna guess it’s a mint candy that is ginger-flavored.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Retrowave Joe posted:

I’m no Willy Wonka, but I’m gonna guess it’s a mint candy that is ginger-flavored.

Yeah it’s just a ginger flavored hard candy, my dad pops them all the time

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Jesus loving christ.

A gingermint.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

lol Trump and Rudy deserve to rot in jail forever

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Donahue in person on Thursday. That will be good.

And Kinsinger gets to run a session, cool.

I am still really hosed up by the Moss' testimony. Lady Ruby will hopefully live to see her name exalted. Hopefully right now she is already feeling that.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Oxyclean posted:

lol Trump and Rudy deserve to rot in jail forever

Ginger mints are their own punishment

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Well, I don't know what a ginger mint is, so I apologize and have never heard of one, but whatever it is I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain GB's worth of voter fraud data. That would taste horrible for one thing.

Dr. Faustus posted:

And Kinsinger gets to run a session, cool.

Jesus Christ. I read this as Kissinger for a second and almost had a heart attack.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Well, I don't know what a ginger mint is, so I apologize and have never heard of one, but whatever it is I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain GB's worth of voter fraud data. That would taste horrible for one thing.

Well there you have it. They ate the evidence, flavoring it with ginger and mint. Its code, you see.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oracle posted:

Well there you have it. They ate the evidence, flavoring it with ginger and mint. Its code, you see.

I have a lot of research to do apparently

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Worst part is those poor women now have freshly-painted targets on their backs, and that's assuming Trump can keep his lovely comments about their testimony to himself.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Merrill Grinch posted:

Worst part is those poor women now have freshly-painted targets on their backs, and that's assuming Trump can keep his lovely comments about their testimony to himself.

Narrator: "He didn't"

These are women and women of color at that, talking about his crimes

This is like bigotry heroin to him; his evil dying brain won't be able to resist

He's going to Truth at some point today, especially because his favorite pun test guy Schiff questioned them

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

BiggerBoat posted:

Jesus Christ. I read this as Kissinger for a second and almost had a heart attack.

I was doomscrolling the thread and read this as "Kissinger had a heart attack"...

Speaking of recordings of crimes -- will these hearings result in jailtime for anyone or should I just peace out before I give my self the heart attack?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I was doomscrolling the thread and read this as "Kissinger had a heart attack"...

Speaking of recordings of crimes -- will these hearings result in jailtime for anyone or should I just peace out before I give my self the heart attack?

i mean there will be at least trials and big shitshows at least. its very clear they are forcing garland to actually do something and building his case and laying it our for him so he can just do stuff. i am not doomy about this. the house sure, but not this.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

For sure the latter, unless you are Henry Kissenger.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Another thing that gets me is how "surprised" Trump's teams acted that absentee and mail in ballots were counted late in a lot of states and overwhelmingly favored and voted for democrats after they spent an entire year telling their voters not to use mail ins or absentee ballots and show up on election day instead. There's also the bullshit where they pretend that all of these ballots just showed up out of nowhere like a miracle that proves a Fix when, in many states, it was GOP legislation that made it to where none of them could be counted before election day so poll workers were overwhelmed.

I'm starting to think that Republicans don't always argue in good faith.

Steppian and company from hearing day 2 pretty much put to rest any idea that the Red Mirage or Blue Wave was any kind of unexpected thing that they hadn't been told about or know in detail the mechanics of and the why of it.

Personally, I think Trump experienced a Blue Wave in 2016 and since he knew it was going to happen again in 2020 but even more so started negging it mid summer, if not earlier, to intentionally give him running room for his fraud claims.

I'd bet money that if you could get his 2016 team to testify they'd tell you about how Trump understood it all too well.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Murgos posted:

Steppian and company from hearing day 2 pretty much put to rest any idea that the Red Mirage or Blue Wave was any kind of unexpected thing that they hadn't been told about or know in detail the mechanics of and the why of it.

Personally, I think Trump experienced a Blue Wave in 2016 and since he knew it was going to happen again in 2020 but even more so started negging it mid summer, if not earlier, to intentionally give him running room for his fraud claims.

I'd bet money that if you could get his 2016 team to testify they'd tell you about how Trump understood it all too well.

i partly think he legit would have Nixon/Reagan/LBJ type massive win because he is a narcissistic weirdo.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol lincoln project was dumb as hell but the key part there is that only 93% of republicans voted for trump. If he hadn't alienated so many he would've won.

Also the actual numbers of his support are obfuscated by the amount of people who ceased identifying as republicans between 2016 and 2020 (who were largely offset by the newly activated voters). Likely these would be among the 10% of independents as well as the ~10% of lean-conservatives that biden picked up in 2020 compared to 2016 (Trump lost ~4% of lean-Rs in 2016 to 14% of lean-Rs in 2020)

as an aside, lol at that david sirota article, dude would like the world to know that he is not mad
93% is not low, that's literally the amount Regan got in 1984. Lol.

From RopeCenter:

Regan 1980 - 85%
Regan 1984 - 93%
Bush 1988 - 92%
Bush 1992 - 72%
Dole 1996 - 81%
Bush 2000 - 91%
Bush 2004 - 93%
McCain 2008 - 90%
Romney 2012 - 93%

Trump's support is at the high end.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 21, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Automata 10 Pack posted:

From RopeCenter:

Regan 1980 - 85%
Regan 1984 - 93%
Bush 1988 - 92%
Bush 1992 - 72%
Dole 1996 - 81%
Bush 2000 - 91%
Bush 2004 - 93%
McCain 2008 - 90%
Romney 2012 - 93%

So that's within normal modern Republican voting margins. 93% is the same Republican of support Regan got in 1984. Lol.

That 93% voted Romney and 93% voted Trump 2020 and they both lost significantly, where 93% used to be a slam dunk just tells you that the Republican party is shrinking.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
You got trump's # off, he had ~85% of conservatives in 2020

by contrast clinton picked up 7% of conservatives in 2016

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

You got trump's # off, he had ~85% of conservatives in 2020

This tells you that 24% of the country doesn't have a loving clue if they are liberal or conservative.