Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/344509927633993/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

lol 600 bux for that.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
If it had a clean title and was closer I'd buy it. The seat, tank, and exhaust are worth at least twice that, and as a whole it would make a fun project bike. Hawks are rare and awesome.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
I mean even with the sprayed… everything, likely not having a title, and who knows what else, it’s in town and lots of posters here do plenty of tire pumping for the Hawk so I’m tempted. Forks and a radiator aren’t that expensive.

Making it look like a NICE Hawk, though, 🤷🏼‍♂️

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LimaBiker posted:

lol 600 bux for that.

If its got a clear title, its worth it

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If its got a clear title, its worth it

Bad news!

Fuckin’ Facebook marketplace, ask a couple specific questions and get the “yes it’s available” response. But nah, no title, sat for three years. Like I know the average midwestern home could return some beer cans and afford this though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well, parts bike it is then! Someone with a Hawk, snap it up for spares

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Someone in Seattle should buy this bike https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/d/seattle-classic-hawk-nt650/7495818075.html

A closer look reveals they may be a nazi

GriszledMelkaba fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 13, 2022

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

$1488 OBO

gently caress that guy, lowball him and rip the stickers off in front of him

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Flag bomb him

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Someone in Seattle should buy this bike https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/d/seattle-classic-hawk-nt650/7495818075.html

A closer look reveals they may be a nazi

please rescue

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Are these historically as cool as goldwings? Or a different kind of cool?

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

they get passed over. not really the target of cafe racer folks cause its not an inline four.

not the target of goldwing fans cause its not a boxter engine

they’re a weird no mans land. look up videos of them running. they have an odd sounding engine because of the v twin engine.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

V twins sound AMAZING.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yummycheese posted:

they get passed over. not really the target of cafe racer folks cause its not an inline four.

they’re a weird no mans land. look up videos of them running. they have an odd sounding engine because of the v twin engine.

Dont let the *wing name fool you, they arent really related at all. The Silverwing is more of a factory cruiser, vs the goldwing being a factory touring bike.

You will however occasionally see Silverwings with full fairings on them, which makes them more goldwing-like.

All this being said, I like them, and the transverse V-twin is interesting and cool

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Honda missed out on having other grades of -wing with longitudinal motors

A Bronzewing with a thumper

A Platinumwing with a 6 that looks like an asterisk

An Iridiumwing with the world's tiniest radial

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Russian Bear posted:

Are these historically as cool as goldwings? Or a different kind of cool?

These are one of the only Honda bikes I would call genuinely bad. The ride like garbage and are awful to work on.

Steakandchips posted:

V twins sound AMAZING.

Not all of them.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Slavvy posted:

These are one of the only Honda bikes I would call genuinely bad.

But can they be made worse, you ask?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

yummycheese posted:

This is the main point, the silverwing (rebadged and tarted-up CX500, sometimes CX650) is a very high CoG bike and only two cylinders. Completely different motor characteristics and ride than a Goldwing with the flat four/six.

IMO Honda had the motor, knew they weren't going to move it forward, and was trying to make their money back on it so they released it in different (unsuccessful) forms. They're also known for stator issues with is a motor-out job.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Toe Rag posted:

But can they be made worse, you ask?

This is your typical CX circa 2022, it's bad however I give it points for having a full size front fender and two mirrors. It looks like it gets ridden regularly. My bar for "custom" bike owners is very very low.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorson posted:

IMO Honda had the motor, knew they weren't going to move it forward, and was trying to make their money back on it so they released it in different (unsuccessful) forms. They're also known for stator issues with is a motor-out job.
So is the water pump!

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
a steal (notice missing vin plate) at 2500, this crashed SV650s

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-sv650/30983645

screenshots for when the ad goes down

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The routing of the left side brake line and whatever wire that is (aftermarket speedo pickup maybe?) is making my skin itchy.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

opengl128 posted:

The routing of the left side brake line and whatever wire that is (aftermarket speedo pickup maybe?) is making my skin itchy.

I've only just washed enough blood out of my eyes to make this post, the images loaded very fast and I wasn't prepared the first time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Some “nice customisation” there buddy

It’s like the unholy spawn of a drz and sv

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s like the unholy spawn of a drz and sv

This is like when my 12yo self found out they were making an ALIENS VERSUS PREDATOR MOVIE and I thought there's no way you could combine two such wonderful things in a way that sucks and then avp actually came out and it looked roughly like that bike

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

echomadman posted:

a steal (notice missing vin plate) at 2500, this crashed SV650s

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-sv650/30983645

screenshots for when the ad goes down

it looks like hammered poo poo

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yes surely that is the reason it has a salvage title

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

opengl128 posted:

Lol I want to see more pics because I can just start picking out the broken and hosed up parts already

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Lol I want to see more pics because I can just start picking out the broken and hosed up parts already

https://imgur.com/a/QQdEFdr

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Reduced rake means quicker turn-in at the track! :eng101:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

opengl128 posted:

This would be a good parts bike for the 2 or 3 people on the planet looking for a replacement motor for their EX650. I'd offer $300.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorson posted:

This would be a good parts bike for the 2 or 3 people on the planet looking for a replacement motor for their EX650.

:lol:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

What is the preferred engine layout for a bar stool? Also this thing is from the future apparently.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Wheelie bar working overtime on that thing, my god.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I see that wheelie bar and have fond dreams of a redneck with a case of Kirkland light falling rear end over tea kettle off the back the first time he sat on it before a light bulb went off and he scribbled on his hospital napkin a design that included the wheelie bar.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

A response I received on my ad today. Sir, this is a $3,200 motorcycle.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gonna regret this: what is wax diamonds a euphemism for?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Meth I'm thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's a weed product. THC concentrate.