Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
through the magic of an office wide DMS, it's pretty gratifying to see my boss blame his own delays and incompetence on the fact that I'm leaving at the end of the month for things I had not even the slightest involvement with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

c youtube music s: Flying Microtonal Banana

nu~clear~ fu~sio~on~

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

pulling for you bro

Appreciated, friend. Belated congrats on your NewJob++

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kenny Logins posted:

pulling for you bro

gross :cheeky:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Video Nasty posted:

Appreciated, friend. Belated congrats on your NewJob++
if i can do it you can too!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

if i can do it you can too!

kenny logout.. very nice! hope you find slightly happier times at the next gig

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Tired of looking at bad screen
Can't wait to go home and look at good screen
Bad screen is just a different user account on good screen

No I don't have a separate room that I can use as an office, I live in New York

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

i heard it a lot in chicago and its def a contender but a mormon with a boston accent would still sound soused

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can get another table and another machine, at least

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
eh not really, and you gotta have a separate room with a closing door that can confine the at-work vibes to get any mental benefit

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

dioxazine posted:

kenny logout.. very nice! hope you find slightly happier times at the next gig
ty. it would be difficult for me not to. last job was toxic af. super small biz tyrant hours who up

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Sapozhnik posted:

eh not really, and you gotta have a separate room with a closing door that can confine the at-work vibes to get any mental benefit

The trick is pants OFF before booting up good screen

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Armitag3 posted:

The trick is pants OFF before booting up good screen

buddy, i've been pants off all day

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i put jeans on or sometimes shorts because most shorts slip n slide on the chair fabric

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sapozhnik posted:

i have my work laptop on a table to the left of my main pc, turning 90° to good screen works well enough for me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cjs accomplishing nothing of value; feeling both morose about that & guilty about being paid for it

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 21, 2022

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cjs : work had a social event for people at hq so I took the day off

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Ciaphas posted:

cjs accomplishing nothing of value; feeling both morose about that & guilty about being paid for it

me too (though not the pay part, that's still "being fixed")

cjs: i have had to manually replace our expired ssl certificate in no less than six unique places and i can't wait to find number seven

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump_fn posted:

i heard it a lot in chicago and its def a contender but a mormon with a boston accent would still sound soused

another fuckin glass of milk, kid

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

sat on my new glasses

the day needed a lovely little capstone, y'know? i was almost feeling better, can't be having with that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

emotional regulation? me? pah, don't make me laugh

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I have brilliant emotional regulation.

Have ever since I realized my career, the health of my teeth, and proper control over half my face were gone forever, and that from now on a good day was one where I was able to take a poo poo without pain.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Zamujasa posted:

cjs: i have had to manually replace our expired ssl certificate in no less than six unique places and i can't wait to find number seven

wtf how have they not figured that out and why are you still working there? people not getting paid should be a “we’ll get it fixed by EOD” not a “eh we’ll get to it eventually”

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

HamAdams posted:

wtf how have they not figured that out and why are you still working there? people not getting paid should be a “we’ll get it fixed by EOD” not a “eh we’ll get to it eventually”

being paid is the basis of being anywhere at all. is it not illegal to not be paid a certain amount of days after the designated date?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
just walk out and stop coming to work

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

STOP WORKING FOR FREE IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!!!!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
two days from juneteenth too lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Zamujasa posted:

why are you working for free
like is it a nonprofit providing dying children with life-saving treatments? if not i really dont see why anyone would work for no pay

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

two days from juneteenth too lol

the slaves were emancipated but not the lowly computer janitor :911:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

cls: big wildfire in my backyard hope it doesnt interrupt being on the computer.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

cls: big wildfire in my backyard hope it doesnt interrupt being on the computer.

computer interruptions are the worst

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

computer interruptions are the worst

you'll change your tune right quicck when you're on bad screen

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

cjs: lol i am way too optimistic about future me when it comes to estimating time, gotta stop doing that

in related news, i spent all day formatting graphs in excel to use in a ppt lol. i hope no one ever looks at this spreadsheet because there's lots of dumb fake inputs so that I can format the graphs to look correct

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

post hole digger posted:

the slaves were emancipated but not the lowly computer janitor :911:

computer programming really is modern day slavery. when you think about it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Zamujasa posted:

you hosed up

dioxazine posted:

being paid is the basis of being anywhere at all. is it not illegal to not be paid a certain amount of days after the designated date?

yes

PokeJoe posted:

STOP WORKING FOR FREE IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!!!!

im dead serious OP if you need $100 to cover the light bill i will venmo as long as you stop working here IMMEDIATELY

stop fixing their dumpster fires for free

you are in a company that is fragging out

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

we loungin

https://youtu.be/tAOcOpzPbAk

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
good catte. get that hand

The Fool