Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think the only question is whether 2.8 livestream will have Sumeru content like how they did some early reveals of Inazuma concept art etc. but based on that track record it seems a solid expectation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I am so, so loving excited for the music.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Tae posted:

Why wouldn't they drip market? It's always been the last week of the current patch.

Well for example they might have something else planned, like dropping some more flashy character reveal trailers peppered throughout the month, and not want to "spoil" them with a simple still image ahead of time. It's a big milestone, after all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Well for example they might have something else planned, like dropping some more flashy character reveal trailers peppered throughout the month, and not want to "spoil" them with a simple still image ahead of time. It's a big milestone, after all.

Inazuma was drip marketed with just images. I don't think anything will change especially with their workflow having to catch up from the Covid delay.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Tae posted:

Inazuma was drip marketed with just images. I don't think anything will change especially with their workflow having to catch up from the Covid delay.

Maybe I am being hopeful. But I was reminiscing about the start of Inazuma to now and I do think they're getting better and better. Raiden Quest Pt2 was a high point for me, and Itto is a pleasure every time he's on screen. And the cutscene at the end of the recent Fantastic Compass questline is noticeably better choreographed and more dynamic than the 2.0 ones... even Booba Sword. Even the web events are less tedious, I actually sort of enjoyed Yelan's.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There were rumors that the main writer left after zhongli quest 2, and the game was catching up to get a new workflow going for the writing to come back from that (I think this rumor came with some very dead-on details that were true outside of dates). That might explain why Inazuma up until raiden part 2 was the turning point because directing voiced content is much different than the non-voiced ones.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Dirty Confession: I ended up whaling on the weapon banner a little because I had some extra funds this month. I got both featured weapons in the continuing trend of my luck being bullshit. So Xiao and Yelan looking real nice.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I've had some terrible 50/50s lately (Qiqi/Keq), so it was really nice to last minute Yelan at 77 pulls with 2 pulls left :toot: :toot:

Didnt want to set myself up for failure so no prefarming of the annoying worm, but, uh, even at 60 that burst sure is doing work.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
For this specific animation cancel, Xiao works with Yelan but NOT Xingqiu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ8pUzZ4vIg

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

would love to know what the reasoning is for those two bursts to not work exactly the same way (when triggered by a normal attack)

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
It looks like one is triggering on the start of the attack (Yelan) while the other is triggering at the end (Xingqiu). As to why that's a difference I have no idea.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the unhelpful answer is they're different because they made them differently, especially an old character like XQ may not have the most elegant mechanical implementation. because Yelan's projectiles also behave differently from XQ in terms of how well they track enemies, i consider this more like they share the same trigger but their differing properties can have effects like this.

thinking back to the post that explained Ayaka's CA mechanic, i guess it wouldn't surprise me if XQ is slower because it has to like apply an invisible object to the enemy that the swords then spawn and fly to.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 21, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's because swords and bows are different weapons hth

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I would wild guess that Yelan's triggers off of the actual input for the NA, and Xingqiu's triggers off something else, maybe an event that fires when normal attacks finish executing? No idea why they would do it that way. Could be something as simple as different people programming the kits.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The four highest selling banners for this game all happened in the last 8 months. It is so hugely popular it's kind of unreal.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I would wild guess that Yelan's triggers off of the actual input for the NA, and Xingqiu's triggers off something else, maybe an event that fires when normal attacks finish executing? No idea why they would do it that way. Could be something as simple as different people programming the kits.

It's definitely not when the attack finishes. If you put XQ together with a claymore character like Diluc this is super obvious since the claymore animations are so long.
But the first attack in Xiao's normal attack string consists of 2 separarate hits, so maybe it only triggers when the second hit begins? IDK, someone would have to check if XQ works for jump-canceling single-hit normal attacks on other characters.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

No Wave posted:

The four highest selling banners for this game all happened in the last 8 months. It is so hugely popular it's kind of unreal.

Yelan was a targeted attack on me specifically. She absolutely was the tipping card to get me to start playing this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

Yelan was a targeted attack on me specifically. She absolutely was the tipping card to get me to start playing this.

It's always fun when something has a character that's just good to look at. People love to do fanart of the characters in real world clothes or wearing something that would fit in with Arknights or Metal Gear Solid or something already.

Or even just random uniforms. 'Draw Ganyu working in an office. Draw Zhongli as a chef. Draw Razor as a lion tamer.' Etc etc

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I suppose they wanted to clean up the code but not back port that new code to the XQ burst because if it breaks an edge case in a negative way then they have to give out apologems and hotfix it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

RareAcumen posted:

It's always fun when something has a character that's just good to look at. People love to do fanart of the characters in real world clothes or wearing something that would fit in with Arknights or Metal Gear Solid or something already.

Or even just random uniforms. 'Draw Ganyu working in an office. Draw Zhongli as a chef. Draw Razor as a lion tamer.' Etc etc

Since I love Fire Emblem the most bizarre iteration of that I've seen is people drawing Lucina in a Hooter's uniform.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

No Wave posted:

Is there an updated graphical chart that includes yelan

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MotU posted:

Is there an updated graphical chart that includes yelan
There's the interactive one here:

https://www.genshinlab.com/genshin-impact-revenue-chart/

Press the pause button and scroll right.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

very kind banner gave me Shinobu in <20 rolls, but i am stupid and condensed all my resin when i need to farm the snake boss

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
After all of that, I got Gorou on my 6th pull. :getin: I'll play around with Noelle/Gorou/MC/Yelan for a while, I guess.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

dogsicle posted:

very kind banner gave me Shinobu in <20 rolls, but i am stupid and condensed all my resin when i need to farm the snake boss

Well, I'm sure someone needs talent books or something for the day, assuming you already bought the teapot resin. That and a fragile would give you three snakes, which is better than nothing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Nearing soft pity and no Shinobu. Guess I'll have to wait until her rerun, which is hopefully not as long as it took Sara. At least I got Gorou to C4, so he's officially usable for me.

Also, got my first Sac Sword after 20 months of playing lol.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Maybe I am being hopeful. But I was reminiscing about the start of Inazuma to now and I do think they're getting better and better. Raiden Quest Pt2 was a high point for me, and Itto is a pleasure every time he's on screen. And the cutscene at the end of the recent Fantastic Compass questline is noticeably better choreographed and more dynamic than the 2.0 ones... even Booba Sword. Even the web events are less tedious, I actually sort of enjoyed Yelan's.

I think that the main thing that has improved is the open world areas. I've liked the large variety throughout Inazuma (plus the whole thing with islands having their own quest chains), and the Chasm is probably the single coolest zone in the game so far. Most fun I've had doing exploration in this game by far, and it helped that it was actually relevant to the main plot more than pretty much the entire Inazuma chapter (which just amounted to foiling another Fatui plot).

Less enthusiastic about the main story. I like the sorta "intermission" chapters with Dainsleif, but not the actual country stories post-Mondstadt (Venti is unquestionably the best Archon, and Mondstadt benefited from that).

The character quests are generally good and seem to have just been consistent in quality throughout the game's run.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Well, I'm sure someone needs talent books or something for the day, assuming you already bought the teapot resin. That and a fragile would give you three snakes, which is better than nothing.

i "had to" use my teapot fragile yesterday after i condensed my resin without doing the weekly bosses, noticing a trend 🤔

unsure if i will ever get the habit back of saving normal fragiles

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Kuki Shinobu’s skill seems to generate ~2-3 electro particles over its duration from some very cursory testing. Seems like it’s chance based like Zhongli’s pillars, etc.

I do like that the field follows you. Besides the split stats she seems mostly usable as an electro healer and reactor. I guess we will wait for Dendro to see what happens with Electro in the meta.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dang got shinobi, gorou, and 5 starglitter xinyan all in a single 10 roll. not bad. back to having all the 4*

Kale
May 14, 2010

I liked how they paced the events this patch. I didn't feel nearly as crunched as I thought I would catching up on the Chasm stuff and despite a very busy schedule the last month and having to move I still managed to finish the flagship event with 5 days to spare and have plenty of time to finish the drum along event and maybe try to get some better scores for bragging rights. New event which also seems chasm based starts tomorrow apparently and now I'm in a position to probably just start it right away. I'm starting to think this evil mud stuff is going to tie into Sumeru's story arc somehow and that these have been a lead-in too it.

No Wave posted:

3 of those happened in the last within the last 3 patches as well going back to 2.5. Should stipulate though it's for what we have concrete data for which is mainly China IOS. No idea how the numbers all add up when you factor in Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia and the rest of the world where gacha isn't so popular but somehow it factors in along with your Roblox's, Candy Crush Saga's and main stream social media apps here and there.

That's also why I'm finding this "Genshin is dying you guys whooooooooooooooooooa geez!" stuff that keeps popping on youtube cause of the algorithm and bad content creators so dumb. Like if you want to talk financially, clearly not yet. Itto will probably be lackluster by Genshin standards since he was never all that popular in China to begin with, but also because he comes at kind of a bad time when the long awaited Kazuha rerun is coming up and Sumeru is so close and people likely want to see what's in store. There's apparently a character that looks like Su from Honkai, an Egyptian looking woman that looks like Cleopatra from Honkai, a Hydro claymore dancer woman, an unnamed apparently busty elf looking character that uses a bow, Collei from the Honkai manga that came out before the game was released, Cyno who was in the story concept trailer and of course the Dendro archon that have been leaked which all seem like they could hit up a cross-section and cover a wide ground of whale tastes.

Also if you want to talk content wise I guess it's what you consider the main content. Mihoyo says it's it's characters and story and I tend to agree, most of the events tie into the story and characters somehow with this game. Still the odd filler event though like the Leyline Overflow or Leben's Box, but even last time he dropped a bit of lore about Sumeru so they very rarely have an event that doesn't serve some purpose to the story or lore of the game no matter how small. If it's harder content and end game, yeah I would also tend to agree that's pretty lackluster, but this isn't a new concept that gets hammered a lot in the Western fandom of the game and I'm able to enjoy this game as a casual player just fine in-between the other games I play while I wait and see what they do with future updates. I will be a little puzzled if they don't at least increase the Adventure Rank cap and add a new world level with Sumeru though. I know some people don't want that here but I still want a reason to grow my characters after I've had some at level 90 for months and it shouldn't just be the enemy MOBS that have the privilege of being level 91 plus like they are in areas such as Enkanomiya and The Chasm. I kind of want to see the High Danger warning in this game again at some point.

I guess that's my closing thoughts on the Inazuma arc. I don't think this game was quite this popular a year ago at this time, especially in Japan, but maybe in China as well where there's murmurings of how it's become kind of a national game that can be talked about in the same breath as Honor of Kings or Game for Peace. You really get a sense for it in one video I saw with a class of college students egging on their lecturer to pull for Hu Tao in the middle of class and the sheer fervor and intensity of their cheers and antics. It's possibly lost a bit of steam in America with all the weird drama that goes on around the game in English speaking communities but perhaps not as much as some seem to insist.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 22, 2022

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Itto showed up 30 rolls after my last 5* (didn't really want him, just wanted Gorou and Shinobu who I also got!) and that's my third consecutive coinflip win

Also got a Lost Prayer from the standard banner 6 rolls after my last 5* a couple weeks back

I should probably go buy a lottery ticket

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

Since I love Fire Emblem the most bizarre iteration of that I've seen is people drawing Lucina in a Hooter's uniform.

It's a weird crossover but I think that might be a longtail effect of that Sonic x Hooters promotion thing from like 2019 or something.

RareAcumen posted:

I think I'm at 70 pity? (80) Diluc C1 (Finally lost one again!) Noelle C8 (10) Rust (20) Barbara C8 Stringless (30) Barbara C9 (40) Yelan c0 Yanfei C6 Stringless R2

I was totally expecting there to be a patch update that I had to download, forgot that it was just the second part of the same patch so not at all. I'm finally able to do wishes again, I'm so happy!

(10) Gorou C3 Bennet C8 (20) Chongyun C5 Xinqiu C9 (30) Kuki Shinobu C0 (!!!) (40) Rainslasher :geno: (50) Chongyun C6 Gorou C4 (60) Itto C1 Rainslasher :swoon: (70) Gorou C5 (80) Itto C2 Gorou C6

:stare: Uh, what the gently caress does this mean for my pity counter now then?

Also I hope that these birthday messages follow Yoimiya's lead and show you the specialty dish and the base one that they made it from, that's really helpful. Also they should give you a dozen crystal cores too.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 22, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Means "eventually enjoy your standard 5* you don't want."

Would be nice if you could conveniently see specialty dishes without having to check a wiki, or hope you have a specialy and one of the regular dishes in your inventory (because it's at least kind enough to put those together)

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

It's a weird crossover but I think that might be a longtail effect of that Sonic x Hooters promotion thing from like 2019 or something.

I was totally expecting there to be a patch update that I had to download, forgot that it was just the second part of the same patch so not at all. I'm finally able to do wishes again, I'm so happy!

(10) Gorou C3 Bennet C8 (20) Chongyun C5 Xinqiu C9 (30) Kuki Shinobu C0 (!!!) (40) Rainslasher :geno: (50) Chongyun C6 Gorou C4 (60) Itto C1 Rainslasher :swoon: (70) Gorou C6 (80) Itto C2 Gorou C6

:stare: Uh, what the gently caress does this mean for my pity counter now then?

Also I hope that these birthday messages follow Yoimiya's lead and show you the specialty dish and the base one that they made it from, that's really helpful. Also they should give you a dozen crystal cores too.

Just sets you back at the 50/50 for your next 5 Star.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I only pulled 3 times and got the Kuki.

Neat.

Well, time to wait for the next banner.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
It's surprising Akaya 2 kept making money despite the patch delay and banner pause

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I finally went through the trouble of building up Xiangling.

I see what all the hoopla is about now, even though her artifacts are just kind of average. Her burst was hitting for 19200 with every hit and lasts a really long time.

edit: Wait, it actually does significantly more when it triggers vaporize (like 29k); apparently my first test didn't last long enough to be very representative. Jesus, that might be the fastest I've ever cleared the Emblem of Severed Fate domain. I think it may also snapshot from when I used it in Bennet's burst field. Also fully recharges very easily with my current team and ER% (around 200% on her)

Yeah, this is pretty bonkers. For some reason I had always doubted that she was quite as ridiculous as people said and was merely "really good," but no, she's basically like Bennett as one of the starting 4* blades that they apparently made absurdly strong by mistake

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 22, 2022

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
The Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqiu trio are absurdly good for 4 stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Was randomly walking around Liyue and going towards the adventure guild to turn in my dailies this morning since Liyue Harbor was closest to where I was and stumbled on Zhongli at the restaurant and randomly got some fancy fan and a lore dump about Azhdaha and the aftermath of the Chasm Event. Was not expecting that at all, especially since I have to leave for work in like 10 minutes. For the first time ever I was figuring the characters were talking to much and hoped they would wrap it up. :lol: