Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Would be cool if Mistwalker made games on proper consoles again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Yeah I know it won't happen but i would love it if Fantasian was on actual gaming devices instead of Apple touch screen garbage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you can play iOS games with the Xbox series x controller

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I don't have any Apple devices

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yikesaroo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fantasian was the first game I wanted to play when I got my iPad but it’s only part of the Apple Arcade and I can’t actually buy it so I’m just not gonna play it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Yeah I know it won't happen but i would love it if Fantasian was on actual gaming devices instead of Apple touch screen garbage

Stuff on Apple Arcade has come to other platforms. Exclusives like World's End Club (from the Nonary Games/Danganronpa folks) and Shinsekai: Into the Depths (by many Resident Evil/Lost Planet veterans at Capcom) ended up elsewhere, and smaller licensed and indie games have done so too.

Fantasian launched on Arcade about a year ago, but you wouldn't know it if you go to the Arcade tab on the Apple store because the interface is so terrible and they don't highlight their own exclusives very well. Fantasian is nowhere to be found on the front page.

Yu Suzuki's Space Harrier "spiritual remake" is coming there this week and will hopefully also find a non-Apple home.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Got my Elite 2 controller today. This thing is awesome. Love that swapping out components is super easy. The thing feels like a weapon and looks like a stealth fighter. Going to use it for lots of Hell Let Loose, Insurgency, Rocket League, and Elden Ring.

Oh and that Star Wars Squadrons game. Something about its controls rubbed me the wrong way and I never really got into it.

Very much looking forward to it making me a pro gamer.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I really don't get the hate for Far Cry 5, I played it though a few times and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I really don't get the hate for Far Cry 5, I played it though a few times and enjoyed the hell out of it.

:stare:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
ubisofts should be played somewhere between 0 and 1 times, and then promptly discarded like a used kleenex. if you wanna replay it you can just pull a fresh one when they release it in 1-2 years

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

ErrEff posted:

Stuff on Apple Arcade has come to other platforms. Exclusives like World's End Club (from the Nonary Games/Danganronpa folks) and Shinsekai: Into the Depths (by many Resident Evil/Lost Planet veterans at Capcom) ended up elsewhere, and smaller licensed and indie games have done so too.

Fantasian launched on Arcade about a year ago, but you wouldn't know it if you go to the Arcade tab on the Apple store because the interface is so terrible and they don't highlight their own exclusives very well. Fantasian is nowhere to be found on the front page.

Yu Suzuki's Space Harrier "spiritual remake" is coming there this week and will hopefully also find a non-Apple home.

Yeah, I remember being disappointed about Exit the Gungeon being exclusive but it came to Steam and Xbox and there's another game by Capybara that looks great and I think it's called Grindstone? That's coming to Steam shortly.

Also XCOM2 is on sale and I've always been interested but think I heard a lot of complaints about the console version being busted or crashing/losing saves? Looks good and Phoenix Point seems like it turned out to be a disaster so I'm curious about it still. Is it worth grabbing on Xbox or more of a PC game where people can get all the mods for it?

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 21, 2022

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Are there any non-core controllers that aren't elite or scuf worth a drat?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Are there any non-core controllers that aren't elite or scuf worth a drat?

8bitdo makes good wired controllers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

Got my Elite 2 controller today. This thing is awesome. Love that swapping out components is super easy. The thing feels like a weapon and looks like a stealth fighter. Going to use it for lots of Hell Let Loose, Insurgency, Rocket League, and Elden Ring.

Oh and that Star Wars Squadrons game. Something about its controls rubbed me the wrong way and I never really got into it.

Very much looking forward to it making me a pro gamer.

Its not just you, the controls are dumb as hell. Throttle should not control the turning ability of a spaceship, it makes zero sense why you turn faster at exactly 50% throttle

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Real hurthling! posted:

Its not just you, the controls are dumb as hell. Throttle should not control the turning ability of a spaceship, it makes zero sense why you turn faster at exactly 50% throttle

Glad it's not just me who can't get the hang of the controls. Chorus is a great arcade flight game and is easy to control and pick up. Is there any Squadrons control scheme or settings that make it more playable for old men like me?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I played squadrons a little bit but it was just constant turning and got bored with that.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Glad it's not just me who can't get the hang of the controls. Chorus is a great arcade flight game and is easy to control and pick up. Is there any Squadrons control scheme or settings that make it more playable for old men like me?

I think there are only 3 options. I chose the option that puts throttle on right stick, something I've been doing since Battlefield 3

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Serious question, why?

I ask this as someone who enjoyed the shooting and general open world poo poo in the game but absolutely hated the story and the game forcing me into main plot sections because I was having too much fun doing my own thing.

Once was more than enough.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’m gonna give that poster a pass and assume they meant to type Metal Gear Solid 5.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just read about how the game would kidnap you at random and there was nothing you could do about it and thought that sounded stupid and annoying and was glad I didn't bother continuing after an hour or so on a free weekend.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

priznat posted:

I just read about how the game would kidnap you at random and there was nothing you could do about it and thought that sounded stupid and annoying and was glad I didn't bother continuing after an hour or so on a free weekend.

It's the single worst part of the game. It's literally punishment for doing too well. Oh did you clear out a certain number of outposts? Welp, better send the unkillable squad of dudes to kidnap you and force you into a dumb timed escape sequence that you have to to multiple times and that's not including if you just don't do it fast enough, because if you don't clear it fast enough, right back to start of the stupid escape sequence!

The game was great fun except that dumb bullshit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You would not, its got real significant issues.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Fall Guys is kinda fun lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

joylessdivision posted:

It's the single worst part of the game. It's literally punishment for doing too well. Oh did you clear out a certain number of outposts? Welp, better send the unkillable squad of dudes to kidnap you and force you into a dumb timed escape sequence that you have to to multiple times and that's not including if you just don't do it fast enough, because if you don't clear it fast enough, right back to start of the stupid escape sequence!

The game was great fun except that dumb bullshit.

why the gently caress would anyone design a game like this, especially an ostensibly open world one

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

American McGay posted:

it is

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Barudak posted:

You would not, its got real significant issues.

Really? Reviews were super positive and the gameplay vids I watched looked okay. The whole dioramas instead of graphics thing is really neat, too.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

If you want to play a diorama game, Procession to Calvary is on gamepass

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

American McGay posted:

more like FAIL guys!

Blue Raider posted:

If you want to play a diorama game, Procession to Calvary is on gamepass
more like a DIARRHEA game!

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Are there two Stuxes now?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i haven't played either of them, i'm sure they're great. FOR JERKS!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Are there two Stuxes now?

Stuxe holds a special place in my heart. I got my first ban because of him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

American McGay posted:

On the store the reviews are mostly negative, but whether positive or negative they are almost all very horny. I don't know what to think about this game.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

1glitch0 posted:

On the store the reviews are mostly negative, but whether positive or negative they are almost all very horny. I don't know what to think about this game.

How can you be horny for Fall Guys?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
They are six feet tall

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lammasu posted:

How can you be horny for Fall Guys?

I dunno if they're horny for Fall Guys specifically or just like taking about sucking dicks and vaginas a lot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Guess the first thing I'm doing on my series x is replaying DQ11, already beat the OG version on steam and I played through the beginning to check out 2D mode and I can't put it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sniper elite 5 question: playing on normal, hiding from enemy alert for 20 mins and they wont stop searching. Wtf

I played v2 and 4 and this never happened