Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ok, hear me out.

Kraven the Hunter, Pet Detective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Is that actually true, though? How many people saw Morbius because they were like “oh yeah, that guy is a b-list Spider-Man villain, I definitely want to see a movie starring him!”

I am willing to put a lot of money (less than Sony though) that it's more than would have if he wasn't.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Is that actually true, though? How many people saw Morbius because they were like “oh yeah, that guy is a b-list Spider-Man villain, I definitely want to see a movie starring him!”

probably a bad example since nobody saw morbius period

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

I am willing to put a lot of money (less than Sony though) that it's more than would have if he wasn't.

I mean, on the one hand I can definitely see what you’re saying, on the other just based on the only group of people who liked the movie (ladies horny for Jared Leto) I think a generic vampire film starring JL would have done better and Sony just has terminal franchise-brain like most studios these days.

In any case, Sony is clearly not dissuaded from their absurd strategy, so I’m booking my tickets now for summer 2028’s biggest blockbuster, Turner D. Century: A Marvel Character In The Strictest Technical SenseTM

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 21, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You could probably do Kraven hunting Venom pretty easily, you wouldn't have to change too much from his Comics version

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dude's gonna be hunting big game hunters like they did with Ruby Rose in that XXX sequel.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sound like someone read Secret Six, saw Catman, and said "does Spiderman have a character we can turn this into?", because that is pretty much Catman's whole jam.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sony basically spent all their marketing budget going "Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel" when talking about Morbius.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

muscles like this! posted:

Sony basically spent all their marketing budget going "Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel" when talking about Morbius.

They did that too for the ps4 Spider-Man game which was titled Marvel's Spider-Man as opposed to Johnson & Johnson's Spider-Man

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

B-list is extremely generous.

The best Spider-Man villans are C-list or lower.

Okay, Kingpin probably ranks up at a low A on the general threat meter and he time-shares that guy with Daredevil but still, "dude in a weird suit knocking over the local bodega or risking blowing up the block to prove themselves right" is the sweet spot. Keep it intimate.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Before No Way Home was a thing, I was thinking that the logical direction for the third Spider-Man movie would have been Kraven and Scorpion being the main villains. In fact, wasn't it said somewhere that something similar to that was what they were initially looking at before the multiverse stuff was presented?

Anyway, for those of you worried that this doesn't sound very much like Kraven, just remember that this is a comic book movie AND a Sony movie, so it's 100% guaranteed that the villain will just be an evil version of the main character. So you'll get a more accurate Kraven in the movie, but they'll just be called... Dave, or something.

Or it'll literally be Kraven too and they're like part of the same family or something.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Calaveron posted:

They did that too for the ps4 Spider-Man game which was titled Marvel's Spider-Man as opposed to Johnson & Johnson's Spider-Man

Although that was more Marvel putting their stamp on it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: f,b

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

Although that was more Marvel putting their stamp on it.
Yeah that's a Marvel/Disney licensing requirement.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

There are an embarrassing number of people out there who will watch any drat comic movie because... superheroes?

Of course...

Yeah, that and the truly bizarre marketing/trailers which featured Vulture (when it turned out he was in it for like a minute) and that poster of Spider-Man made people think that somehow this was gonna end up being a much bigger deal (didn't hurt that it came out fairly close to No Way Home, which was a big multiverse deal).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

According to the director of Morbius those Spider-Man posters in the trailer/promotional material was added by Sony without his knowledge.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

According to the director of Morbius those Spider-Man posters in the trailer/promotional material was added by Sony without his knowledge.

lmao

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How is Sony so cartoonishly bad at this?

Into The Spider-Verse becomes more of an inexplicable miracle with each passing year.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Vintersorg posted:

Don't forget the trailer that got uploaded with only grunts and stuff. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs
This trailer is indeed the best part of that aborted Dark Universe, it is still immensely memorable and everything from the birds splattering the cockpit through the part where Tom Cruise starts screaming like mad still cracks me up.

Ugh!

Aaaah!

UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Finally got to see Dr Strange and the Mountains of Madness. I didn't realize it was going to have such a close tie-in, but the opening scene of Dr Strange follows directly from the last few minutes of Morbius. I have no idea how you'd be expected to make any sense out of it if you hadn't seen Morbius beforehand.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Phenotype posted:

Finally got to see Dr Strange and the Mountains of Madness. I didn't realize it was going to have such a close tie-in, but the opening scene of Dr Strange follows directly from the last few minutes of Morbius. I have no idea how you'd be expected to make any sense out of it if you hadn't seen Morbius beforehand.

There is no way you are not lying to me right now

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Jamesman posted:

Before No Way Home was a thing, I was thinking that the logical direction for the third Spider-Man movie would have been Kraven and Scorpion being the main villains. In fact, wasn't it said somewhere that something similar to that was what they were initially looking at before the multiverse stuff was presented?

Anyway, for those of you worried that this doesn't sound very much like Kraven, just remember that this is a comic book movie AND a Sony movie, so it's 100% guaranteed that the villain will just be an evil version of the main character. So you'll get a more accurate Kraven in the movie, but they'll just be called... Dave, or something.

Or it'll literally be Kraven too and they're like part of the same family or something.

I think a long while ago they said the villain was the Chameleon, which would sorta make sense a little since I think they're related, but more recently it's been stated that the villain is the Foreigner, the kind of villain that makes you wonder exactly how many letters there are to precede -list. He used to be married to Silver Sable, and he can hypnotize you for 10 seconds if you look in his eyes. Or he can hypnotize you if you look in his eyes for 10 seconds, I forget.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 22, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh god atj is so loving boring in every role he’s in,poo poo casting.

Every time I read his name, I think of Anya Taylor-Joy and get disappointed. Give her the role instead.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
He made Young John Lennon boring like how the gently caress?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Okay, but that’s like… a completely different character. Why even have him be Kraven at that point?

But surely this time they’ve learned their lesson, right?

Oh right, these are the Humblebragging Spider-Man Does Tough Mudder people. Never mind :)

I distinctly recall Kraven going through an arc where he went to Africa and underwent some ritual and became one with nature, and this being his characterization in the animated series.

Though there's a very real chance I'm mixing him with Cat Man

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jamesman posted:

Kraven has a weird enough extended family that you could make the antagonist be another Kraven who is super into bloodsport and it would make sense.

Or you could find literally one of a dozen super rich Spider-man villains who wants to hunt endangered animals/dinosaurs/ The Most Dangerous Game of Them All! and that puts him at odds with Kraven.

There are no end of potential good ideas. And I fully believe that Sony will somehow pick some mega-dumb wrong idea.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

theironjef posted:

I think a long while ago they said the villain was the Chameleon, which would sorta make sense a little since I think they're related, but more recently it's been stated that the villain is the Foreigner, the kind of villain that makes you wonder exactly how many letters there are to precede -list. He used to be married to Silver Sable, and he can hypnotize you for 10 seconds if you look in his eyes. Or he can hypnotize you if you look in his eyes for 10 seconds, I forget.
Who the hell is the Foreigner

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

theironjef posted:

Sounds almost like you would get double vision. A villain that is truly cold as ice, but luckily Peter is hot blooded.

Juke Box Hero. *Insert Some other Foreigner songs here*

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

This is your reminder that when the Beyonders finally showed up in Jonathan Hickmans Avengers run they looked like swole version of the Moonites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Which just made these forums spend a week making jokes about how they had the powers of 70's Supergroup Foriegner.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

There is no way you are not lying to me right now

Of course they are, since it starts with the premise that someone actually watched Morbius

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bruceski posted:

The best Spider-Man villans are C-list or lower.

Okay, Kingpin probably ranks up at a low A on the general threat meter and he time-shares that guy with Daredevil but still, "dude in a weird suit knocking over the local bodega or risking blowing up the block to prove themselves right" is the sweet spot. Keep it intimate.

I won't be satisfied until there is a movie-verse Thumper.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Here's the entire Morbius film in 10 seconds with appropriate sound effects. Now you can tell people you've seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JaYGn8Fvg

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
quote =/= edit

Samovar posted:

I won't be satisfied until there is a movie-verse Thumper.

Looks like Frog Man is in She-Hulk so anything is possible.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

probably a bad example since nobody saw morbius period

Hey I'll get around to it, OK? They just need to re-release in theatres a few more times and I'm sure I'll be able to fit it into my schedule.

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
Just rewatched Multiverse of Madness and I don't know about you guys but I thought it was okay in theaters but way more fun on a second watch.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Endless Mike posted:

Of course they are, since it starts with the premise that someone actually watched Morbius

Nope, the entire sequence with America Chavez and the alternate Dr. Strange began in the closing fifteen minutes of Morbius. That's where they officially introduce America Chavez into the MCU.

Prove me wrong.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This is a Sony shill trying to get you to watch morbius don't do it

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
A tumbleweed blows through the forums as folks wait for someone to stand up to the madman's challenge of "Watch 15 minutes of Morbius"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Look, all we need is someone who watched Morbius to show up and say if it's true.

...Bueller?
...Bueller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
My uncle works for Sony and I got to see Morbius in one of their theaters for free like 2 months before it came out and it was the coolest movie ever you guys.