Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I never played fall guys when it came out so I'm keen to try out a stupid multiplayer game until I abandon it when the queue times are longer than I want (instantaneous)

Got some bad news for you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Fail guys

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's ok there are plenty of games on the wintendo switch. I haven't even bought Kirby yet.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm decently sure they could run replays of peoples runs as opponents on fall guys if they need to fill lobbies. you'd never know as a player

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

imagining someone using rewind in a game like sonic and loling

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Playing the entirely of sonic2 in reverse

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they already added infinite lives and let you replay special stages if you mess up, what's left that you could possibly need save states for. there are checkpoints everywhere in these games

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tato posted:

Glad I read a review of the Sonic Origins collection and learned it has no save states, rewind, or half the qualify of life features one would expect out of the most basic old game collections these days. Lame.

i dont need those things

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Augus posted:

they already added infinite lives and let you replay special stages if you mess up, what's left that you could possibly need save states for. there are checkpoints everywhere in these games

Those things sound like they would fix all the problems I have re: me being utterly terrible at Sonic 2, so I am hype!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

Save states for people who are emotionally attached to those specific rings, and don't want to lose them when getting hit.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

404notfound posted:

Hell yeah, Shadowrun is up. Been waiting for this release to replay them

After looking at some reviews, the console ports overall seem to be quite buggy :smith: Probably just gonna play this on Xbox Game Pass for a while to see if I run into any problems, since $40 is a bit steep for a potentially buggy experience of games I've already played before

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hrist posted:

Save states for people who are emotionally attached to those specific rings, and don't want to lose them when getting hit.

that was my comfort ring

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
my comfort ring is one displayed by a man also wearing a ring of his own

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ohhhhh comfort ring

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Sudden Javelin posted:

my comfort ring is one displayed by a man also wearing a ring of his own

Also my favorite. Has been for years.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bought TMNT and Neon White on Friday, played TMNT for about an hour first but haven't gone back bc Neon White fuckin whips, so addictive

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1538629749089751040?s=20&t=64rBZFDE7Q7zkr0ba-Fl2A

This price happens maybe once a year at Costco, buy up to $300 eshop credit for $240!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

bought TMNT and Neon White on Friday, played TMNT for about an hour first but haven't gone back bc Neon White fuckin whips, so addictive

How's the gryo aiming on that?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Are there any SP games on Switch with gacha mechanics?

I think XB2 does, right? I'm not really interested in a game with 100 hours of tutorials.

there's, uh, the danganronpa summer camp game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Inzombiac posted:

I mean like a gacha system within the game using game currency. Not anything that takes real money in addition to buying the game.

I'd love an action RPG that is semi-randomized each time you play based on your pulls.

What I really want is Genshin Impact but no premium currency.

Hades isn't really gacha but it does have the "you get different powers each playthrough" thing going on so that most runs play differently.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Playing the entirely of sonic2 in reverse

You can! They added a mirror mode.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
How's everyone liking neon white? It looks really cool and unique, but I'm worried that either it's going to get frustrating or that the environments are going to be too samey.

That said I'm very very tempted to pick it up tonight. Looks like it gets a full 60 FPS on switch too :biglips:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Uh oh from some googling apparently it has dating sim elements and really bad dialogue? :/

Hopefully stuff that can be easily ignored

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

KingSlime posted:

How's everyone liking neon white? It looks really cool and unique, but I'm worried that either it's going to get frustrating or that the environments are going to be too samey.

That said I'm very very tempted to pick it up tonight. Looks like it gets a full 60 FPS on switch too :biglips:

The movement feels really good and the levels so far are short and sweet so messing up a run doesn't feel disastrous and makes you want to go again. Really enjoying it. The anime trappings are unfortunate to say the least.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

KingSlime posted:

I've been playing on PC but I can't shut up about it. It's so much fun. I haven't found it frustrating because the levels aren't hard to beat. The challenge is getting a platinum time and finding the hidden present in each level. That might get a little frustrating if you're not the sort of person who can just leave it and try again later.

There are a fair bit of visual novel style story elements in the hub world and some people think the characters are annoying. I don't really get that myself but you can fast forward through all that if you want.

cohsae posted:

The anime trappings are unfortunate to say the least.

Mind elaborating? I didn't really have any strong opinions on the story parts so I'm a little blindsided by some people having really strong reactions against it. Did watching lots of Adult Swim back in college desensitize me to generic anime nonsense or something?

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 22, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can literally mash through every dialogue prompt in like 3 seconds. Lol at caring about it one way or the other. Game is hype as hell.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Hmm what about keyboard versus controller? It's hard to beat portability but I wonder if there's a huge performance benefit to having mouse aiming

Either way, I'll probably grab it on switch

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cohsae posted:

The anime trappings are unfortunate to say the least.

dumbass

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Hmm what about keyboard versus controller? It's hard to beat portability but I wonder if there's a huge performance benefit to having mouse aiming

It's more about traversal than 360 noscope shooting so a controller should be sufficient.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

KingSlime posted:

The gyro definitely helps

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh sweet, it has gyro? Hell yeah

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

cohsae posted:

The movement feels really good and the levels so far are short and sweet so messing up a run doesn't feel disastrous and makes you want to go again. Really enjoying it. The anime trappings are unfortunate to say the least.

It's not 2008 anymore, people like anime

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://mobile.twitter.com/moi_rai_/status/1539310061650059265?s=20&t=ZezhMxXS0a5XKRGGxzGjRA

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like this game, cool. Pokemon-like Metroidvania

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Anime is lame but i can't help but read 'the anime trappings are unfortunate' in the dumbest sounding voice my brain can imagine

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spellman posted:

I like this game, cool. Pokemon-like Metroidvania

Wow that looks really fun and cute

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i love anime

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I love anime and I don't like the dialogue in Neon White. I recommend watching some videos of the early game and making your own judgment. You can skip through it, but there are a lot of cutscenes to skip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I used to ve one of those embarrassing ‘anime is for nerds’ people. but now they’re on the same level as people who’d say ‘rap is crap’ or w/e to me.