Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Jabor posted:

So it's actually showing up as a drain in the left-side panel? If you hover over that production number it'll tell you exactly what's producing and consuming it at that exact moment, so you should be able to figure out what's up.

I thought that too, but when I hover it always just says income from the trade. I think the hover popup doesn't update while it's pulled up, and the drain only lasts for a split second, so I've haven't been able to catch it while it's draining. It looks like it never lets my steel get up over 150 before it drops it to 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Do you have ARPA projects building?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is the script building endless container ports?? or garages or wharves i guess, if you're in spayyyyce

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

It looks like it's the containers. It built 2300 containers for stone for some reason. I can hold 10 million stone! So that's good I guess. I wonder what it's trying to accomplish.

Edit - Grain silos. It was trying to build more grain silos. Come on script! I don't need to store more food, I need to launch our bioseed into the universe!

Jester Mcgee fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 22, 2022

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Garfu posted:

Listen, Evolve is my favorite incremental of all time, but I'm done waiting for soul gems, and you can be done too!

code:
 document.getElementById('statsPanel').__vue__.r.Soul_Gem.amount += 10000000 

Trying this but it's not working for me. Been trying to dig around in the source to see what's changed but no luck so far. Anyone else got any ideas?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jester Mcgee posted:

It looks like it's the containers. It built 2300 containers for stone for some reason. I can hold 10 million stone! So that's good I guess. I wonder what it's trying to accomplish.

Edit - Grain silos. It was trying to build more grain silos. Come on script! I don't need to store more food, I need to launch our bioseed into the universe!

Most scripts are intentionally dumb to give you, the player, choices. So you play via script that lets you automate large chunks and you tweak the settings. When done right you should get the feeling that you are working on a machine that is still actively moving down the highway at full speed and your trying to smooth out the breaks.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Evolve's script is, out of the box, designed more for the mid-game player. There's just far too many variables involved for it to be a catch-all type thing so requires constant tweaking based on what point of the game you're at.

The 'trigger' settings are especially powerful to make everything more efficient.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 22, 2022

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Nervous posted:

Trying this but it's not working for me. Been trying to dig around in the source to see what's changed but no luck so far. Anyone else got any ideas?

It works fine by the way. Are you sure you have the dev console opened for the right window?

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

Rynoto posted:

Evolve's script is, out of the box, designed more for the mid-game player. There's just far too many variables involved for it to be a catch-all type thing so requires constant tweaking based on what point of the game you're at.

The 'trigger' settings are especially powerful to make everything more efficient.

I poked around at the trigger settings menu and couldn’t figure it out at all. I figured I’d shelve it until I really needed it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jester Mcgee posted:

If you want to cut down this behaviour the Storage Settings let you set maximums on the number of crates/etc it will build per resource, or you can just flat out turn off crating per resource.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Jester Mcgee posted:

I poked around at the trigger settings menu and couldn’t figure it out at all. I figured I’d shelve it until I really needed it.

It's a very simple if-then.
ex: Moon bases you want the script to immediately build two of each mine and not use all the support on one, which can happen early on due to lack of building capacity so you'll do:
Type: Built ID: Moon Base Count: 1 Type: Build ID: Moon Iridium Mine Count: 2
Type: Built ID: Moon Base Count: 1 Type: Build ID: Moon Helium-3 Mine Count : 2

This will make it immediately prioritize those so you'll progress.

Another very useful one is
Type: Researched ID: A.R.P.A. Type: A.R.P.A. ID: Supercollider Count: 2
Which will make it immediately try to build 2 supercolliders after unlocking arpa which is another progression breakpoint. Although this is less important until much later when you'll be skipping through progression very fast.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Waiting on the last 3500 MW to finish up my first 4* technophobe. I already have like 60 thermal collectors, so I guess it's just a slow grind of asteroid redirects/knowledge/quantum/swarm satellites/additional thermal collectors to the finish line.

I've only ascended in one universe so far. As far as I can tell from reading, I just need to bang out a quick 0* ascension in each universe to unlock the harmony crystal cost creep discount, then I'm good to go for my 4* technophobe. Is that correct, or will 0* only give 1/5th of the harmony crystal bonus?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Waiting on the last 3500 MW to finish up my first 4* technophobe. I already have like 60 thermal collectors, so I guess it's just a slow grind of asteroid redirects/knowledge/quantum/swarm satellites/additional thermal collectors to the finish line.

I've only ascended in one universe so far. As far as I can tell from reading, I just need to bang out a quick 0* ascension in each universe to unlock the harmony crystal cost creep discount, then I'm good to go for my 4* technophobe. Is that correct, or will 0* only give 1/5th of the harmony crystal bonus?

I *believe* it should be the full harmony crystal discount if done at 0* but I've never actually tested. Would be consistent with other similarly worded perks.

After your first technophobe subsequent ones become much easier as the thermal collector bonus adds up fast. IIRC I made it all the way through a few floors of hell before finally ticking up enough power the first time.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

I *believe* it should be the full harmony crystal discount if done at 0* but I've never actually tested. Would be consistent with other similarly worded perks.

After your first technophobe subsequent ones become much easier as the thermal collector bonus adds up fast. IIRC I made it all the way through a few floors of hell before finally ticking up enough power the first time.

I did a 3* -> 4* technophobe. 3* took maybe 2 days. 4* took significantly longer (I think 5 days?). I think I need to tinker with the script's job allocation settings or get better about manually managing jobs, because it once I enter intergalactic and citizen pressure ramps up, I have no quarry workers and minimal priests allocated so production takes a big hit and it starts taking an eternity to build additional ziggurats or slave pens.

I woke up this morning with 3 minutes left on the last thermal collector I needed to ascend, so now the universe-hopping technophobe phase begins.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What is even the point of Factories in Crank? I got the four corners and back to the original system and now I can... build mass production facilities for resources I am already perfectly well stocked on? Not sure where to go from here.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you should have been able to build them after clearing your first base, at which point they make a bit more sense

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you should have been able to build them after clearing your first base, at which point they make a bit more sense

Ah, okay, I must have just never noticed.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Lately i have noticed that my idlers have slowed down something fierce when the browser window is not in focus, sort of like how Chrome users have been complaining about for a few years. I am using Firefox. Has Firefox also started throttling the performance of non-active windows? (not tabs, separate windows)

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Lately i have noticed that my idlers have slowed down something fierce when the browser window is not in focus, sort of like how Chrome users have been complaining about for a few years. I am using Firefox. Has Firefox also started throttling the performance of non-active windows? (not tabs, separate windows)

yee
https://old.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/comments/re9vic/psa_the_next_version_of_firefox_96_will_disable/

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
I would recommend moving to Vivaldi for playing browser games. It's a Chromium variant, but with advanced features that gently caress with pages stripped out or disabled.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Evolve: I've been very busy the last week, so I let my last reset go for a while, and I finished the Dyson Net, the Stellar Engine, and the Stargate. Never been anywhere close to this deep in a run before. I had been planning on just Bioseeding when I had time, but how far am I from whatever the next tier of reset is? I'll probably just bop out in the morning if it's still pretty far out.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Evolve: I've been very busy the last week, so I let my last reset go for a while, and I finished the Dyson Net, the Stellar Engine, and the Stargate. Never been anywhere close to this deep in a run before. I had been planning on just Bioseeding when I had time, but how far am I from whatever the next tier of reset is? I'll probably just bop out in the morning if it's still pretty far out.

Build some mass ejectors, eject as much infernite and elerium as you can, and save up 10 soul gems. You're very close to being able to do a black hole reset.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Not close. You need about 20M knowledge for the next reset & that will be a while yet for you.

ErIog posted:

I would recommend moving to Vivaldi for playing browser games. It's a Chromium variant, but with advanced features that gently caress with pages stripped out or disabled.

Yeah I switched to Vivaldo for tab stacking and am very happy with it as a browser.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Chakan posted:

Not close. You need about 20M knowledge for the next reset & that will be a while yet for you.

The 20M knowledge reset, agreed, definitely out of reach. The 1.5M knowledge reset, on the other hand, should be very feasible.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Thanks!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Vil posted:

The 20M knowledge reset, agreed, definitely out of reach. The 1.5M knowledge reset, on the other hand, should be very feasible.

Whatever this is, I haven't got the breadcrumbs for it, so I think I'm just going to bioseed out.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Toshimo posted:

Whatever this is, I haven't got the breadcrumbs for it, so I think I'm just going to bioseed out.

If you've built the stellar engine, you're basically there. Just have to eject a ton of elerium/infernite into the black hole until you get the research prompt. And save your soul gems.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011
I'm coming to the end of my 4* Joyless/Steelen run, planning to go for a 4 * black hole so I never have to go back to standard but I'll only have 30% mastery and have only spent phage on governors, would I be better off grinding out some bioseeds to get genes and some more CRISPR upgrades before going for it?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Would it be possible to start (or resume, maybe) prefacing posts in this thread with the name of the game they are referring to?

There's a bunch of stuff I've been reading here that sounds really interesting and compelling but even after backtracking through the thread a ways, sometimes I'm still not able to tell which game is being discussed.

I always liked the habit of including the name of the game at the start of the post, preferably bolded, to make it easier to track discussions and discover new games. As long as a bunch of people are doing it, people tend to follow suit and it just makes the conversations and discoverability easier.

Feel free to ignore this if it's too much trouble.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Mr Scumbag posted:

Would it be possible to start (or resume, maybe) prefacing posts in this thread with the name of the game they are referring to?

There's a bunch of stuff I've been reading here that sounds really interesting and compelling but even after backtracking through the thread a ways, sometimes I'm still not able to tell which game is being discussed.

I always liked the habit of including the name of the game at the start of the post, preferably bolded, to make it easier to track discussions and discover new games. As long as a bunch of people are doing it, people tend to follow suit and it just makes the conversations and discoverability easier.

I'm having a hard time getting the Tier 3 belfry to trigger a cultivation inversion, but I can't tell if it's because I'm still in nega-time. I have 80% of the Dechievements on worlds A, B, C and Za.
Anyone have any good café blueprint strings they can share? I feel like if I could just get up to the crystal palace destige, I'll be good.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm having a hard time getting the Tier 3 belfry to trigger a cultivation inversion, but I can't tell if it's because I'm still in nega-time. I have 80% of the Dechievements on worlds A, B, C and Za.
Anyone have any good café blueprint strings they can share? I feel like if I could just get up to the crystal palace destige, I'll be good.

Set your rest slot to Murder and tell your goblins to support West Ham instead

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

See now you have to make this game because it sounds awesome.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mr Scumbag posted:

The only game being discussed in this thread is Evolve, it really should get its own thread at this point.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nervous posted:

If you've built the stellar engine, you're basically there. Just have to eject a ton of elerium/infernite into the black hole until you get the research prompt. And save your soul gems.

I see the problem. It wasn't obvious that Stabilize/Infusion are mutually exclusive and I accidentally reset myself with stabilize. Just bad UI on that one.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Klungar posted:

The only game being discussed in this thread is Evolve, it really should get its own thread at this point.

I was just about to suggest that. The volume of posts it produces kinda drowns out everything else which is a shame for the folks who cycled out of it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what else should be discussed in this thread, if there are no non-evolve posts

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what else should be discussed in this thread, if there are no non-evolve posts

Better a deader thread where the odd new discovery has oxygen to actually breathe rather than immediately getting smothered by two dozen more Evolve posts in a row.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Klungar posted:

Better a deader thread where the odd new discovery has oxygen to actually breathe rather than immediately getting smothered by two dozen more Evolve posts in a row.

Thats how this thread has always been.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
If this thread has finally convinced me I should finally give in and try Evolve for the very first time, what should I know before I dive in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Aerox posted:

If this thread has finally convinced me I should finally give in and try Evolve for the very first time, what should I know before I dive in?

It's slower than you think.

You won't ever finish.