Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Skwirl posted:

Also, the concept that JJ Abrams had a plan for what was supposed to happen after The Force Awakens means you've never watched Lost or Alias.
JJ Abrams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I393m7xTNHw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Heliotrope posted:

Blue Hawk is a white superhero who has been patrolling around black neighborhoods, brutalizing and killing black people. He gives an insincere apology at a community center but gets called out. He starts off defending himself by saying he's "just going where the crime is" but winds up screaming about how statistically black people commit more crimes then average and "Supe Live Matter", then assaults a bunch of people booing him and later spins it as him defending himself from Antifa.

So why did THAT cause these idiots to get in a tizzy? Isn't that what they say all the time, anyway?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Oh boy, I’m just so tired of all these Star Wars

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bugsy posted:

Seeing how this thread touches on crypto a lot, this made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/StephenMLangton/status/1539328481305034752

Hi, my name is Melon Husk, legally distinct entity, and I want you to invest in my new crypto coin, NotAScam

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I still like lost and thought the resolution was satisfying.

Still dumb a bunch of answers to questions were only in webisodes

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/RMTunion/status/1539180339788238848

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Samovar posted:

So why did THAT cause these idiots to get in a tizzy? Isn't that what they say all the time, anyway?

Having not seen The Boys because I really hate the concept of "What if Superman, but a jerk", I can only assume it's because they portrayed him as wrong for doing so.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Scratch Monkey posted:

Oh boy, I’m just so tired of all these Star Wars
I just want more games where I get to go PEW PEW and pretend I'm in an X-Wing.

Thank u EA for not completely loving up Star Wars: Squadrons!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Cleretic posted:

So, Steam reviews are social media, right? Because they're reacting in the exact way you expect to a game all about the trolley problem.

https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1539454770225852417?t=2XmrknR3d2ICJJrAJwUBBQ&s=19

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Samovar posted:

I can only assume they are incredibly slow? It's been clear from season 1 the show is "woke". Capitalism, white supremacy and right wing politics in general are routinely the bad guys from the start but for whatever reason it's only by season 3 they are realising.

Maybe the secret nazi called "stormfront" using memes to sway public opinion was too subtle for them?

It really is a fantastic show, as long as you don't mind gore (cos there is quite a bit of it) I highly recommend everyone gives it a look.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
As someone else pointed out it also makes fun of rainbow capitalism, which to right wingers is the same thing as "wokeness taking over." And there's also an AOC stand-in who makes people's heads explode with her mind.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FreudianSlippers posted:

Not having anything planned out worked out for the original trilogy.

A New Hope works perfectly fine as a standalone film because that's what it was written and shot as.

Lucas' spiel about he had everything planned from the beginning is obviously just him talking poo poo.

Was it originally released without the "EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE" header as I once read? And the whole idea of it being "Episode 4" of an ongoing series was tacked on after the fact?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Henchman of Santa posted:

As someone else pointed out it also makes fun of rainbow capitalism, which to right wingers is the same thing as "wokeness taking over." And there's also an AOC stand-in who makes people's heads explode with her mind.

Oh wait, did chuds take the rainbow capitalism criticisms as "making fun of both sides"? I thought the show was pretty clear what it was saying there but I could see how if you tried to squint enough you could see it as an anti-lgbt taking over message.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Mega Comrade posted:

Oh wait, did chuds take the rainbow capitalism criticisms as "making fun of both sides"? I thought the show was pretty clear what it was saying there but I could see how if you tried to squint enough you could see it as an anti-lgbt taking over message.

Back in the Bush era, proto-chuds thought Stephen Colbert was actually conservative and that they were in on the joke.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Olanphonia posted:

Wasn't that Larry Summers, the former treasury sec? I don't think the Fed has said that they are hoping for higher unemployment

Jerome Powell is advocating the same thing, more or less. They want to engineer a recession because workers have it too good.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nucleic Acids posted:

Jerome Powell is advocating the same thing, more or less. They want to engineer a recession because workers have it too good.

It's a plot worthy of a chud conspiracy

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

The scene where Maeve and her girlfriend are meeting with Vought marketing who are talking about Maeve “coming out” as lesbian, prompting her girlfriend to say “you know Maeve’s bi, right?”, getting a response that amounts to “well, market research thinks that might be too… confusing” might be one of the most darkly funny moments on the show.

Nucleic Acids has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Jun 22, 2022

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Was it originally released without the "EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE" header as I once read? And the whole idea of it being "Episode 4" of an ongoing series was tacked on after the fact?

It was originally just Star Wars. Episode IV and A New Hope were added with the second theatrical rerelease in 81.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Chuds generally think rainbow capitalism is acquiescing to the woke mob rather than corporations simply realizing they can get money out of more demographics. So yes.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lmao at JJ Abrams planning a trip to the grocery store let alone a single narrative.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Nucleic Acids posted:

The scene where Maeve and her girlfriend are meeting with Vought marketing who are talking about Maeve “coming out” as lesbian, prompting her girlfriend to say “you know Maeve’s bi, right?”, getting a response that amounts to “well, market research thinks that might me too… confusing” might be one of the most darkly funny moments on the show.

For me its the earlier bit in that episode, where they're filming the movie in which Maeve comes out to an incredibly stereotypical punky-hacker lesbian, but they get interrupted right before they kiss. Felt some real anger at Disney/Marvel with that ep.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Chuds generally think rainbow capitalism is acquiescing to the woke mob rather than corporations simply realizing they can get money out of more demographics. So yes.

It’s kind of funny that the whole pushing of pride related stuff has happened even more than ever now because beyond smashing a coffee machine that’ll get replaced a week later, the chuds have shown themselves absolutely incapable of boycotting any products whatsoever.

Remember the Pepsi and Doritos boycotts that probably lasted until the next time they went grocery shopping and saw they were on sale.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Skwirl posted:

Jesus wept.

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1538970467880554496?s=20&t=8sBFmED5JJkpvIj5Ax07rg

Their first example is a man worried about missing his stag do. Not his actual marriage, just the night where he gets black out drunk, sexually assaults a stripper then vomits in a dumpster.

Beep boop, partying with your friends is non-optimal and therefore invalid

Come on mate, having a stag party is a time-honoured tradition and I can completely see why someone would be annoyed that they were going to miss it, I'm in complete support of the RMT strikes, and I can still feel a bit sorry for the people who are having major life events impactd by it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I got screwed by the strikes too as I’m traveling Saturday to fly home, but there’s other ways to get to London and I’m still supportive of their action because I’m not a complete selfish rear end.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scientastic posted:

Come on mate, having a stag party is a time-honoured tradition and I can completely see why someone would be annoyed that they were going to miss it, I'm in complete support of the RMT strikes, and I can still feel a bit sorry for the people who are having major life events impactd by it.

I get being upset by it, it does suck. I'm saying the largest news source in your country shouldn't try and use it as a blunt object to beat down organized labor. Missing a stag do isn't a loving news story.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Basically,
https://twitter.com/beachmongoose/status/1537908162463838216?s=20&t=t44L-kTtaYu_rHGDPcs0Jg

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Scientastic posted:

Lmao eat poo poo you loving hump.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Bugsy posted:

Seeing how this thread touches on crypto a lot, this made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/StephenMLangton/status/1539328481305034752
Apefest going great
https://twitter.com/harper/status/1539254508441714689

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
All power to the workers my friends.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lmao eat poo poo you loving hump.

but it's TIME-HONOURED

some can trace their family's stag dos back for centuries!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

It wasn’t planned out but it was under the direction of one guy. The obvious problem with having no plan is whatever director was on charge just did what he wanted. Which would be fine if they were in control for everything but they weren’t

It's like they turned Star Wars into a comic book story

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I get being upset by it, it does suck. I'm saying the largest news source in your country shouldn't try and use it as a blunt object to beat down organized labor. Missing a stag do isn't a loving news story.

I regret to inform you that this is significantly better than the BBC's historical coverage of strike action.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/jerrysaltz/status/1539637386711371777

This is pretty rich coming from Mr. Doesn't Know How to Make Coffee.

https://twitter.com/jerrysaltz/status/1537782683400605696

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

How is a wallet drainer site a thing that can even exist? How is cryptocurrency infrastructure that vulnerable?

This is just screamingly funny.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Who could possibly have guessed he would be the archetypical idiot old person who can't do anything useful and yet spends 100% of their time complaining about other people.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

He's also one of those people wrote yet another "but at what cost" article about China and COVID, his being that he couldn't get his treats delivered to him right away.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

lets keep this simple: the bbc is an arm of the tories and is trying to turn people against the strikes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What a moron.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

He deleted it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013