Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Good lord Tunic owns, what a great game

It's the second best game I've played this year, behind Elden Ring. Don't think I'd recommend it to everyone but for me it was a gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Wow, Ori and the Blind Forest is a very pretty game.

The intro also made me feel something for the first time in years.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s my #1 ”oh you just got an OLED TV? Well check this poo poo out” game.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The sequel's HDR support was terrible at launch tho, some modder fixed it on PC and a month later the fix came to Xbox

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I liked FC5 but it's the only one I've played and it was free.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Laserface posted:

I liked FC5 but it's the only one I've played and it was free.
Nice

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started on Crimson Skies tonight, this is my first time playing it. Is there anything I should know? I am anticipating the difficulty ramping up really hard, does it get pretty challenging like a lot of early 2000 games did? Not sure if I will be able to complete it, but I hope I can.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it is not that hard. also it kicks rear end.

the online was fun as all hell, rip.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Probably an issue with your Xbox 360 profile. Delete and redownload it (the profile) or maybe set up the one time password

This is the only advice I have so please don't correct me if I'm wrong

I tried this. But did not work. Thanks though!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Lammasu posted:

How can you be horny for Fall Guys?

I'm horny for All Guys

CONVERT PDF TO WORD
Jul 7, 2003

Microsoft has Series X’s available right now for those of you in Australia.

I have finally done it. Stopped checking on availability for a week after checking every day for half a year and now it will be with me in 1-3 days.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I'm horny for All Guys

Even Ted Cruz?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lammasu posted:

Even Ted Cruz?

Slime molds don't conform to genders hth

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Crimson Skies is one of the best arcade fliers ever made. It’s a drat travesty more haven’t been made. Iirc there was a hangup in getting the rights to the IP or something like that. It was originally some sort of tabletop game.

I wish more pulp adventures would get made. The only one I know of on the docket is that Indy Jones game that was teased by Bethesda, which lol.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Thunder Bear posted:

Wow, Ori and the Blind Forest is a very pretty game.

The intro also made me feel something for the first time in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9uylCx5k7U

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

CONVERT PDF TO WORD posted:

Microsoft has Series X’s available right now for those of you in Australia.

I have finally done it. Stopped checking on availability for a week after checking every day for half a year and now it will be with me in 1-3 days.

Congrats, it's a very good console

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xbox outsold Playstation again this week in Japan. Its obviously a supply issue thing but it is notable Series consoles are effectively YoY at double the sales rate as last year while playstation has declined (likely due to units shifted to Europe).

Its not in anyway a possibility at the moment for Xbox to catch up (its still well behind the 360 at same point in lifespan) but for narrative and convincing Japanese developers to include an xbox port its definitely interesting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Barudak posted:

Xbox outsold Playstation again this week in Japan. Its obviously a supply issue thing but it is notable Series consoles are effectively YoY at double the sales rate as last year while playstation has declined (likely due to units shifted to Europe).

Its not in anyway a possibility at the moment for Xbox to catch up (its still well behind the 360 at same point in lifespan) but for narrative and convincing Japanese developers to include an xbox port its definitely interesting.

everyone saw that i finally bought an xbonx :grin:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2 months in a row is a streak baby

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
finally it's time to spend $420 million to get Mistwalker to make another enormous FF spiritual sequel

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
can i just briefly give it up for Target brand batteries??? for 3 months now, i've been on the verge of buying one of those recharge/battery pack things for my controller, but i had 8 Target brand batteries lying around so i've been using them first, and those 8 batteries have lasted literally hundreds of hours. it's crazy. when i first got it i used some regular cheap batteries and they lasted about 2 actual days. each pair of Target batteries has lasted 2 weeks.

so, i guess never ever buy any other batteries because god drat

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

I really hope this is a good sign in terms of Japanese dev interest. I don't know how much weight the Zenimax and Activision Blizzard King acquisitions carry over there, those were very much "Microsoft are not loving around" announcements but I don't know how important those IPs are there.

They're attacking this from multiple angles: this news, the push for cloud gaming, the PC/Xbox development kit thing, big splashy Game Pass deals for Persona. It would be great if it meant the end of egregious money hats and general disinterest.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s hard to know how bad the PS5 is doing or how well the XSX is selling because nobody can keep these things in stock anywhere. It all just means that Microsoft is better at supply chain

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

precision posted:

can i just briefly give it up for Target brand batteries??? for 3 months now, i've been on the verge of buying one of those recharge/battery pack things for my controller, but i had 8 Target brand batteries lying around so i've been using them first, and those 8 batteries have lasted literally hundreds of hours. it's crazy. when i first got it i used some regular cheap batteries and they lasted about 2 actual days. each pair of Target batteries has lasted 2 weeks.

when those die just buy eneloops

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony is so bad at everything i cant believe it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

if Ragnarok is bad it’s game over.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the Japanese are clearly boycotting the ps5 after the Amerikkkans mandated that X is confirm

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if Ragnarok is bad it’s game over.

It wont be bad cause its just the same game as 2018 but with different levels and cutscenes but that likewise isnt gonna give the same high

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

hatty posted:

It’s hard to know how bad the PS5 is doing or how well the XSX is selling because nobody can keep these things in stock anywhere. It all just means that Microsoft is better at supply chain

Right, I think that Xbox are going better in Japan relative to last gen though. I'm just hoping this means a bigger footprint so they aren't as easy to ignore.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

precision posted:

I use Panasonic Eneloops, they get like 48 hours of life per charge

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

SpiderLink posted:

I really hope this is a good sign in terms of Japanese dev interest. I don't know how much weight the Zenimax and Activision Blizzard King acquisitions carry over there, those were very much "Microsoft are not loving around" announcements but I don't know how important those IPs are there.
Minecraft has done really well in Japan, it probably has 2 million units sold on Switch alone now plus whatever PS4/PS5/PC/mobile numbers, but that's about it. Nothing else that they own has much of a foothold there. Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls and Fallout do several hundred thousand units but they're not megafranchises.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they are beating playstation in japan now in the sense that there are xboxes being sold at all while sony is so trash they cant even remember where they are from

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'm going to assume the number of xbox ones sold in Japan was in the high double digits

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think it was 5 digits actually for xb1. Thank you us servicemen

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

ErrEff posted:

Minecraft has done really well in Japan, it probably has 2 million units sold on Switch alone now plus whatever PS4/PS5/PC/mobile numbers, but that's about it. Nothing else that they own has much of a foothold there. Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls and Fallout do several hundred thousand units but they're not megafranchises.

Thanks for the context, I didn't want to make any assumptions about that market. I do wonder if Blizzard is still as popular in Korea as it apparently was when I was younger.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah, Japan is basically Switch and Mobile country, but Minecraft regularly does very well over there, with 2.6 million lifetime sales of physical Switch carts alone according to Famitsu's latest sales data.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Apparently Minecraft even did okay on the Wii U over there, becoming one of the top selling digital games.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I just completed Chorus with Game Pass there. A fun game but Jesus Christ the story is stark raving mad.

I wish Squadrons had its control scheme :blastu:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Real hurthling! posted:

I think it was 5 digits actually for xb1. Thank you us servicemen

They finally got over 100k this year. I think it was like 105k sold over a 9 year period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Sony makes good tvs and the PS1 is bizarrely a very high quality CD player, but that’s about where I’d draw the line with their products.

The PS2 slim was cool too.