Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Found this at my job (I work at a Barnes and Noble)

“You got BDSM in my Minecraft isekai!”

“You got Minecraft in my BDSM isekai!”

I find it funny when he uses game physics around people and they just feel deeply unsettled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

thetoughestbean posted:

Yeah, people still like going to bookstores to buy their books. Sometimes they buy a coffee too

Yeah, people like me.

I thought Barnes and Noble specifically went bankrupt a few years ago.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
That was borders. Barne's and noble pivoted to carrying boards games, legos, and anime poo poo and having expensive coffee drinks in every store and has done alright. They still have books and places to sit so it's all good.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Brought To You By posted:

I find it funny when he uses game physics around people and they just feel deeply unsettled.

tbf if i saw a perfect cube floating in the air I would feel deeply unsettled.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I like how the cyclops girl keeps loosing her mind everytime he does some game poo poo because she's their world's version of a scientist.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The junk collector posted:

That was borders. Barne's and noble pivoted to carrying boards games, legos, and anime poo poo and having expensive coffee drinks in every store and has done alright. They still have books and places to sit so it's all good.

They got a new exec who got rid of a bunch of the random crap merch they were carrying and made their featured books section stuff that was popular rather than dead weight

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

most of the B&N's I"ve been at have maybe two chairs strewn about somewhere and the kids section bench and the rest is like 4 coffee tables jutted up in the Starbucks so "Books and places to read" is half-right.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

But Borders did all that. Except maybe the Legos?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

FilthyImp posted:

most of the B&N's I"ve been at have maybe two chairs strewn about somewhere and the kids section bench and the rest is like 4 coffee tables jutted up in the Starbucks so "Books and places to read" is half-right.

Excuse me it’s a Barnes and Noble cafe that sells Starbucks products, it’s very different

The difference is mainly that it won’t take your Starbucks gift card

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Jackard posted:

But Borders did all that. Except maybe the Legos?

https://www.npr.org/2011/07/19/138514209/why-borders-failed-while-barnes-and-noble-survived

invested in CD/DVD sales as things were moving to digital and let amazon devour their online sales basically

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Ah that makes more sense.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

thetoughestbean posted:

Excuse me it’s a Barnes and Noble cafe that sells Starbucks products, it’s very different

The difference is mainly that it won’t take your Starbucks gift card
Oh how i hate that!

Was it Borders or Brentano's that was swallowed up for their awesome in-store catalog system? Just a weird footnote of corporate history.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

here's a recent nyt article about barnes and noble which talks about how they're doing now and the changes they made, starting in 2018 when they brought in a new chief exec: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/15/arts/barnes-noble-bookstores.html

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Stexils posted:

here's a recent nyt article about barnes and noble which talks about how they're doing now and the changes they made, starting in 2018 when they brought in a new chief exec: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/15/arts/barnes-noble-bookstores.html

Paywalled. Was the new CEO before or after they fired all the department leads and receiving managers?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

A little over half way into the third Apocalypse Bringer book and those Dragon Quest bastards killed Bug Mom!

The second book had some horror stuff with the doctors but this one is just diving into it.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Guyver posted:

A little over half way into the third Apocalypse Bringer book and those Dragon Quest bastards killed Bug Mom!

The second book had some horror stuff with the doctors but this one is just diving into it.

I found that twist very disappointing. Mynoghra seems to have sacrificed a lot of the interesting stuff that was going on for extra edgelord monologues and power escalation. The author picking and choosing which game mechanics get adapted and how faithfully ends up making the whole thing feel contrived and railroady. I was really looking forward to book 3, but after I read it I honestly have little desire to read further.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

avoraciopoctules posted:

I found that twist very disappointing. Mynoghra seems to have sacrificed a lot of the interesting stuff that was going on for extra edgelord monologues and power escalation. The author picking and choosing which game mechanics get adapted and how faithfully ends up making the whole thing feel contrived and railroady. I was really looking forward to book 3, but after I read it I honestly have little desire to read further.

Yeah I'm pretty much in agreement with you. I hate the direction the author decided to go with volume 3.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Trying to find a particular manga I remember reading, but can’t get enough details into Google to find it. I’m pretty sure it’s an isekai but not 100%. In my memory, a guy wakes up in a fantasy world, but has his consciousness split between two bodies, one male and one female. Eventually learns to control each body separately. I think after that, the female part gets wrapped up in a marriage plot while the male gets hunted as a criminal maybe?

That’s about all I’ve got, so hopefully that helps?

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Antitonic posted:

Trying to find a particular manga I remember reading, but can’t get enough details into Google to find it. I’m pretty sure it’s an isekai but not 100%. In my memory, a guy wakes up in a fantasy world, but has his consciousness split between two bodies, one male and one female. Eventually learns to control each body separately. I think after that, the female part gets wrapped up in a marriage plot while the male gets hunted as a criminal maybe?

That’s about all I’ve got, so hopefully that helps?

After Transformation, Mine and Her Wild Fantasy ?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Yep, that’s it! Geez, people work fast; thanks a lot!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Mangadex just got a big shipment of Isekai baseball and I forgot how much I loved that the rabbit nation is called Watership Town.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Spanish Matlock posted:

Mangadex just got a big shipment of Isekai baseball and I forgot how much I loved that the rabbit nation is called Watership Town.

Yeah, the translators had been keeping it on their site so it makes it a bit easier to keep track of updates if they continue to upload to MD. They didn't upload the current two translated chapters (one an omake) but that's pretty common nowadays to incentivize keeping up with their main site or discord. As for the story
Man, I was enjoying that we finally beat the Watership Team but then loving Oni's show up talking about their mass cannibalism plan and I just really got bummed out. There's a lot of fantastical racism to unpack and now the fate of the continent is at stake too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I feel like I remember people recommending a series about a skeleton warrior, possibly adventuring, possibly more laid back, but I do recall there being one people were consistently excited about with a skeleton as the mc or one of the mcs. Any ideas?

It's not Skeleton knight in another world, is it? Because I've been reading some of that and...there's no substance to it. It's pure isekai oatmeal with an extra helping of gratuitous violence(sexual or otherwise) every time they want to depict someone as The Bad Guy. Every conflict is handled immediately without effort by the mc or his overpowered companions, no struggle at all. And the exposition dumps are particularly dumb, there was one real weird one where two characters in an aside away from the main characters first acknowledged they both knew of [thing] and then proceeded to explain to each other, who both already knew about [thing], the history of said thing for the benefit of nobody but the reader. It's just a below average isekai. So hopefully that's not the one that I heard good things about.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I feel like I remember people recommending a series about a skeleton warrior, possibly adventuring, possibly more laid back, but I do recall there being one people were consistently excited about with a skeleton as the mc or one of the mcs. Any ideas?

It's not Skeleton knight in another world, is it? Because I've been reading some of that and...there's no substance to it. It's pure isekai oatmeal with an extra helping of gratuitous violence(sexual or otherwise) every time they want to depict someone as The Bad Guy. Every conflict is handled immediately without effort by the mc or his overpowered companions, no struggle at all. And the exposition dumps are particularly dumb, there was one real weird one where two characters in an aside away from the main characters first acknowledged they both knew of [thing] and then proceeded to explain to each other, who both already knew about [thing], the history of said thing for the benefit of nobody but the reader. It's just a below average isekai. So hopefully that's not the one that I heard good things about.

It might've been Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Is it Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon? Because I've read that one and the main thing I can think of looking back on it is that the MC is the stupidest fucker to ever exist. Guy's life resets after death and he keeps ending up working for bad guys because it'd grant him a way to power up rather than figuring out how to assassinate them. It also has a couple problems where A] The driving force for the MC is how female characters he teams up with get fridged so he has to find a way to make things work out for them, and B] one of the villains is like a big gay stereotype, who while effective and very strong, is still a stereotype.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah Skeleton Soldier is always better when Isaac is around because he functions as the protagonist's brain. Unfortunately he's not always around. I really enjoyed the recent chapters where he taught Skeleton to use his status windows as deadly weapons. For all its flaws I'm probably sticking with it to the end because the mysteries it's presented are interesting enough.

That said the only undead-themed story people are seemingly always positive about is Unwanted Undead Adventurer so that's probably the one you're thinking of.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

Sindai posted:

Yeah Skeleton Soldier is always better when Isaac is around because he functions as the protagonist's brain. Unfortunately he's not always around. I really enjoyed the recent chapters where he taught Skeleton to use his status windows as deadly weapons. For all its flaws I'm probably sticking with it to the end because the mysteries it's presented are interesting enough.

That said the only undead-themed story people are seemingly always positive about is Unwanted Undead Adventurer so that's probably the one you're thinking of.

Yeah it was either Undead Adventurer which was always consistently good or it MIGHT HAVE BEEN Skeleton Knight in Another World since people REALLY liked that he very brutally killed slavers and rapists with gusto which was always a welcome change of things given how slavery gets used in isekai so that might have been the reason for the positive recommendations. Skeleton Soldier also got brought up, but yeah it had a "Girl in Fridge" issue pretty much every time a female character got introduced as well as the gay stereotype thing.

Edit: I dropped Skeleton Soldier fairly early due to the fridging thing so I dunno how it goes in later chaps.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 22, 2022

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

doomrider7 posted:

Yeah it was either Undead Adventurer which was always consistently good or it MIGHT HAVE BEEN Skeleton Knight in Another World since people REALLY liked that he very brutally killed slavers and rapists with gusto which was always a welcome change of things given how slavery gets used in isekai so that might have been the reason for the positive recommendations. Skeleton Soldier also got brought up, but yeah it had a "Girl in Fridge" issue pretty much every time a female character got introduced as well as the gay stereotype thing.

Edit: I dropped Skeleton Soldier fairly early due to the fridging thing so I dunno how it goes in later chaps.

I dropped it a while ago after binging to the current at the time, Girls still get fridged but how his timeloops works is pretty strange and interesting. And also pretty much the skeleton knows he needs to be 1. far stronger, and 2. have far more information on the actual state of the world in order to avoid the girls getting killed.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

doomrider7 posted:

I'm down for a good skeleton story, but I also dropped Skeleton Soldier because of the fridging.

As for Skeleton Knight, from memory it does drop the gross sexual violence after the second or third volume of the LN, but in exchange it becomes a much more aimless with the MC just coincidentally being in place to stop the evil church's plan time and time again. I'm still a couple LNs behind though, so I can't say if it ever gets more focused or if they bring in more pointlessly problematic material later on.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Invictus posted:

Aside from the ones already mentioned, there's The Skeleton Who Was The Brave, which is more on the whimsical action side.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tamba posted:

It might've been Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha?
pretty sure this was it, it's pretty highly rated so it's possible. Thanks!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

I think this was it, it's pretty highly rated so it's possible. Thanks!

Good News! It's getting an anime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxUhwthVdKU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Unwanted Undead Adventurer was great till it crawled up its own rear end.

It's still good and fun to read but after they introduce Rentt's village every volume adds a new thing for Rentt to be super special.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it gets to the point where it is a mystery why he was such a schlub before he died.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I made this effortpost about isekai I've read and I'm gonna put it here as well for a rundown of everything I feel was worth mentioning ok? ok

top recs:
The Faraway Paladin - has an anime, I've not seen it but I hear it's a subpar adaptation with bad animation. Person reincarnates as a baby that is found by a trio of monsters; a ghost, a mummy, and a skeleton warrior, who raise him in the desolate ruins of a former civilization. Very good series that gets very dark at times. Excellent characters, decent art, excellent story.
Roxana - a series where the lead reincarnates as the villainess of a romance story. the MC is part of a kingdom's reigning household renowned for their evil and cruelty, and in the story she's from, when the heroine's brother is killed, her entire kingdom is laid to ruin. Thus, she must find a way to keep said brother alive, without blowing her cover among her ridiculously evil family. Excellent art, probably one of the darkest recs on the list.
Beware the Villainess! is a Manwha that follows a person who finds themself in the body of a doomed villainess of a dating sim story, and her efforts to avoid the various horrible fates that await her at the end of every path in the story. Completed series, ends strong.
Yakuza Reincarnation - an elderly yakuza dies while fighting off a thug, and reincarnates as the exiled princess of a fantasy kingdom in a world ruled by fairly obvious but still creative parallels to real-world crime lords(drug dealers, human traffickers, etc). Excellent artwork, characters, story, and action, one of my most-anticipated series to eventually get an anime
Welcome to Demon School, Iruma! - Has multiple great anime seasons. extremely good, fun series about a boy getting sold to satan by his terrible parents, but satan just wanted a grandson. he gets enrolled in demon school and makes friends. A wonderful series that can absolutely turn on the action and even a bit of horror when it wants, but is mostly just a really good time.
The Red Ranger Gets Isekai'd - a group of Power Rangers are fighting their Big Bads, when one of them gets thrown into a portal and ends up in a fantasy world. Great art, great humor, great action, I was surprised it has stayed as good as it has, one of my current-running favorite isekais.
The Wrong Way To Use Healing Magic - two schoolkids get summoned to a fantasy kingdom while walking home from school, and their friend accidentally gets sucked into the portal too. He has the ability to heal, which sucks in terms of strength, but he learns to use it in unorthodox ways and becomes kind of a freakish monster of a person. Good characters, a decent story, decent humor, but it all ties together very well. Has an anime coming I believe.
Is This Really A Different World? - this one hurts. It only has six chapters before seemingly being abandoned, but those six chapters show a hilarious, brilliant take on an isekai "fantasy" world. Guy finds himself in another world, encounters a red ogre, who is...the barista of a vegan cafe. It sets up some really drat creative comedic ideas for a series but then just stops as I assume the artist went on to other projects. Such a shame.
Isekai Transporter - follows the guy who drives Truck-Kun, the vehicle notorious for sending people off into other worlds. Initially tongue-in-cheek, it gets really into the weeds about the minutiae of how and why he has to run people over all the time, it's pretty great for what is based entirely off a simple joke.
The Devil is a Part-Timer - has an anime, with a second season that just began airing after...almost ten loving years since the first season!!!!! the demon lord and hero face off against each other in a climactic battle, before the demon lord tries to escape through a portal. He ends up along with his minion in japan, and starts working at McDonalds to pay the rent in his tiny apartment, while the Hero ends up elsewhere and starts working at a call center. Has lots of appropriately silly stuff based on that premise, but also has a massive overarching storyline involving the fantasy world that apparently only just wrapped up a couple years back despite being running for many years.
The Observation Record of the Self-Proclaimed Villainess - girl obsessed with a dating game gets isekai'd into it as the villainess, and is determined to stick to the storyline but is terrible at being a villainess. Her fiance, the genius prince, keeps an eye on her antics. Very wholesome series, with some pretty dramatic twists I wasn't expecting. A definitive ending, as well, which is rare for an isekai these days, and also has a sequel(spoilers even visiting that link, obviously)
The Eminence in Shadow - has an anime coming at some point. MC is a full blown chuuni and reincarnates into a world where he is indeed insanely overpowered, but spends immense effort making sure he looks like any other "mob". One of the genuinely good comedy isekai, takes the piss out of a lot of isekai tropes in funny ways, while also having lots of ridiculous action and drama (that the MC is oblivious to due to his delusions)

more general isekai recs:
I Came to Another World, But I Hope to Live Safely - about an isekai'd protagonist who has no powers getting allies who are stupidly strong. Decently funny, likeable characters, solid intrigue.
I Was Reincarnated as a Sword(also known as Sword Dad) - getting an anime at some point. guy dies, wakes up as essentially The Master Sword in the middle of a forest. Gets stuck in the ground, eventually is found by an escaped slave catgirl who wields him to kill her captors, and from then on they become adventurers. Pretty good series, I like the dynamic between the two lead characters.
Der Werewolf - guy reincarnates as a werewolf in the demon lord's army, becomes a commander and helps besiege and occupy a human settlement. Not a lot of chapters but what's there is good.
Life with an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout - has a well-regarded anime. Two salarymen are summoned by a goddess to another world, one gets turned into the most beautiful girl in the world, romantic hijinks ensue. Written and drawn by a husband and wife duo, genuinely funny series.
Reborn as a Dragon Egghas a similar feel to I'm A Spider, So What?, but focuses much more on the struggling to survive in the wild. Has some of the annoying trappings of isekai, like the stats thing that plagues the Spider Isekai. Also has a pretty unique art style. My biggest complaint is it doesn't update very often.
The Ideal Sponger Life - guy gets asked to come to another world by a queen who wants to bear his children. If that's all it was, I'd pass on it, but...it swiftly delves into significant sociopolitical dealings between multiple kingdoms, such as the ramifications of suddenly having a king(the MC) in a kingdom ruled by a queen, in a world dominated by male-run kingdoms. I was surprised I enjoy the series as much as I do.
Combatants Will Be Dispatched! - a group of power ranger villains sends a pair of agents to another world to prep it for invasion. Every single person in this series is a huge dipshit rear end in a top hat, especially to each other. By the Konosuba author, but more mean of a series, the characters can be downright unlikeable in how much of a jerk they are sometimes if the comedy doesn't hit, but it does have its moments.
Handyman Saito in Another World - a handyman gets transported to another world, joins a dungeon-diving team to find treasure. Has some really incredible short gag strips before it starts getting into longer-form storylines(which I feel are weaker than the gag parts, but are still good)
I Am the Only One Who Knows This is a Game - dude plays way too much of a game that is basically Skyrim-level buggy, and then gets Captain N'd into it. He then has to use bug exploits to survive in the game, which was notorious for being designed to hate the player even before being glitchy as hell. Pretty funny and silly, doesn't update often.
Campfire Cooking in Another World - a chef gets sent to another world with the ability to buy stuff from a magical amazon window basically. Meets up with Fenrir, a demigod wolf, makes a contract with him in exchange for cooking food for him. It's a very laid-back series which is mostly focused on him making monster companions who then go and fight absurd things while he makes dinner. very cute, also has a spinoff series that follows his Slime companion called Sui's Big Adventure, which is also very cute.
A Wild Last Boss Appeared! - guy wakes up in the body of the godlike character he played in a player-created-content-centric mmo. Goes around recruiting the 12 zodiac beings they created with their guildmates who betrayed them in a climactic battle between the group as a sendoff for the game, which all of this is treated as real world lore in the world he wakes up in. Good art, interesting characters, decent story, though it's stopped updating lately.
Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Guy gets isekai'd to a fantasy world every time he goes to sleep, but one time when he died with his elf friend in the fantasy world, he awoke to find her in bed with him in Japan, and they start going back and forth between the two worlds. Cute, laid-back series.
Moon-Led Journey - guy is accidentally summoned by a spiteful goddess, who chucks him out the proverbial window to the world below, where he has to initially scrape to survive before becoming the typical overpowered isekai protagonist. I wound up reading the light novel of this up to wherever it stopped a few years ago, and it's decent, has some interesting things to do with what an insanely overpowered isekai protagonist would mean to the grander scheme of things, but it takes a WHILE to get to that point. Has an anime.
Survival in Another World With My Mistress! - :nws: series, dude gets sent to a fantasy world with minecraft powers. Like, literally, places blocks, and the furnace and crafting table etc. Has a fair amount of boning in it. Pretty funny series, I like the main characters, I like whenever he does his minecraft bullshit it makes everyone else side-eye the poo poo out of him because it looks freaky as hell, it surprised me with how fun it is for a fairly generic isekai. Very horny series, fair warning.

some I've either not read yet but have been recommended on here before, or are relatively new/have few chapters
Isekai Izakaya Nobu - a bar has a door that lets in people from another world, haven't read yet but heard good things
Destroy Everything! - goddess of destruction and the hero kill each other, reincarnate as siblings, attempt to live normal modern-day lives while also having remnants of their former powers. new series, pretty decent so far
Ascendence of a Bookworm - has multiple anime season, apparently very highly regarded, but I've not checked it out.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Looking for recommendations on series that have a genderswap element but don’t resort to just being full-on porn. Currently already reading Fabiniku and Yakuza Reincarnation and they’re the kind of feel I’d be looking for. Any more ideas?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I'm a Spider has a genderswap character on the human side.

She Professed Herself the Pupil has a guy isekai'd into his alt character that's a young girl.

You could argue Slime counts since Rimuru is a guy reincarnated as a genderless slime but ate a female character for his human form.

Edit:

Tanya the Evil

Guyver fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 25, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What’s the one where a middle-aged dad becomes the villainness from an otome game

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

What’s the one where a middle-aged dad becomes the villainness from an otome game

Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Antitonic posted:

Looking for recommendations on series that have a genderswap element but don’t resort to just being full-on porn. Currently already reading Fabiniku and Yakuza Reincarnation and they’re the kind of feel I’d be looking for. Any more ideas?

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady. They never go over the actual part where the character gets isekaid in detail or who they were before, but they're definitely not from the world. You can infer that the MC was male in their previous life if you wish...or not. I don't remember it being explictly stated, but the mc basically saying "I'll get married to a girl because having kinds sounds like a pain" sounds like something a male (swapped) anime character would say. Then again, who knows. Either way come read about the idiot princess. Maybe this was all actually laid out plainly at some point, but it updates slowly so I may have forgotten.

Youjo Senki (Tanya) is also good as long as you're okay with the whole thing where the character is part of the definitely not german military in a fantasy mix of ww1/2. It's not written in a way where you're supposed to feel bad about the MC, at least the way I'm reading it. Some of the supporting characters are humans and not machines, so if you don't like that in your definitely-not-ww2-germany settings, then maybe don't read this. The author also wrote baikoku kikan, which features the MC as part of the secret police going around murdering dissidents, so there's that too. Anyways, I've liked tanya so far, but if you're uncomfortable with fascism depicted in manga, or the author apparently having written two of such series, then maybe skip it?

Herscherik - It's a kingdom (re)building series. The LN was apparently abruptly cancelled in the middle. It was okay, but not anything particularly special

Did I Seriously Just Get Reincarnated as My Gag Character?! I've only read up as far as jnovelclub has. Reincarnated into an mmo as a weird min-maxed character, etc, etc. If you're subbed to j-novel club, I think you can read everything they have so far since it's a new series for them.