Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

bandaid.friend posted:

It's surprising Akaya 2 kept making money despite the patch delay and banner pause

Lotta people going "well... It'll be a while before the next one, maybe I DO want some constellations"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Of the teams I've tried since coming back:

Noelle w/Gorou, MC, and Yelan feels strong like 70% of the time, then the other 30% of the time I don't have Noelle's burst up and I'm just sitting on MC trying to avoid griefing myself with the earth pillars. Being virtually immune to damage is fun.

Xiao w/Jean, XQ, and Yelan has fun gameplay and potential, but I run into the same issues as Noelle without the invincibility. I can definitely see needing to triple down on building up Xiao for him to work really well.

Sucrose w/Fisch, XQ, and Yelan is a ton of fun for the content that isn't immune to it. A lot more of a glass cannon, but I like not being so reliant on one character's burst in the overworld. Lots of numbers make brain go happy.

I imagine my Noelle and Xiao issues will be less of a thing when I can get 5* artifacts and build ER, so I should probably just stick with Noelle with how strong she feels, but Sucrose's taser numbers are really pleasing to see too. I got Kuki, but it feels like a lot of people are pretty down on her right now.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Focus on building up Xiao's artifacts (if you have access to the Inazuma domain with Vermillion Hereafter, that is his set, 100000%, and if not: his old best was literally 'just throw your best crit dmg/crit rate/atk artifacts on him and an anemo goblet'), then maxing his normals and burst, getting Jean a decent VV set and maxing her burst as well. Her use to Xiao is primarily using her skill to generate particles to help get his burst ready faster, and then putting up the healy field to keep him alive from the constant bleeding. When Zhongli gets a rerun the single highest QoL improvement you can make for Xiao is getting him Zhongli in the party.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

(if you have access to the Inazuma domain with Vermillion Hereafter, that is his set, 100000% ...)
That domain is on the surface of the Chasm in Liyue, not in Inazuma.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cranky corvid posted:

That domain is on the surface of the Chasm in Liyue, not in Inazuma.
Oh sick. Then yeah go nuts on that one, Xiao time baby

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kuki heals really well. Her skill heals waaaay better than Barbara's skill, and her C2 removes her tiny cooldown altogether. it ticks fast for good numbers.

e: I hope they give players a way to farm for Inazuma characters, because she'd be a godsend for newer players.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tempting me to roll for her. I didn't want to roll on this banner because I don't care for Itto or the other 4 stars, but my main healer is Barbara and making the party wet has plenty of issues. And she's a cool ninja.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Eimi posted:

Tempting me to roll for her. I didn't want to roll on this banner because I don't care for Itto or the other 4 stars, but my main healer is Barbara and making the party wet has plenty of issues. And she's a cool ninja.

Don't roll for a banner if a on-banner 5 star is your worst outcome

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all banners have the worst case (Qiqi)

new 4* tend to come back again in the second patch after their release, if they aren't niche like Gorou/Sara. Shinobu will probably come back in 3.0-3.1 since one of the new dendro reactions is with electro and she would support that well.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Riftling posted:

Noelle w/Gorou, MC, and Yelan feels strong like 70% of the time, then the other 30% of the time I don't have Noelle's burst up and I'm just sitting on MC trying to avoid griefing myself with the earth pillars. Being virtually immune to damage is fun.

One tip I can give you is that there's a known bug (?) with Noelle's burst at C6 where if you are off field at the time it was supposed to expire, it will instead roll forward into almost a full second duration of the burst. This means a single burst can get you something like 30 seconds of burst time. This can greatly alleviate ER issues. Example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysQiAfYYa34

But yes, otherwise you want around 130-150% energy recharge on her to keep her burst on cooldown. Slap whatever Exile set gives the most ER (and crit if you happen to be using the Favonius Sword) onto your Geo MC and get them to C4 if you haven't already for a near term solution. Exile sets cap at purple rarity and drop from almost literally everything so you might already have some good ones.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 22, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nice to see that Kuki gets basically 100% uptime for her skill. Ongoing heals and aoe electro damage is pretty dope

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Judging from all the mentions of dismay about Qiqi I assume she's one of the worst? I found her funny in the story interaction. If not her then who is the absolute worst trash tier garbage character?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The Finn posted:

Judging from all the mentions of dismay about Qiqi I assume she's one of the worst? I found her funny in the story interaction. If not her then who is the absolute worst trash tier garbage character?
Keqing is probably the worst in terms of "does nothing anyone else in her niche can't do a ton better and is also lovely to do it with" but Qiqi is also very meme-able for how much a lost 50/50 sucks when you end up with a weird little melee sword healer instead of your banner target.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

The Finn posted:

Xinyan is probably at the bottom, because someone has to be. Keqing is at the bottom of 5* for similar reasons. People have done the hardest content in the game with both. This game doesn't so much have garbage characters as it has really overtuned mistake characters that wind up dominating team slots.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Mailer posted:

Xinyan Thoma is probably at the bottom, because someone has to be.

Or maybe Sara for being the Gorou of the worst element

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Qiqi is just the character everyone gathered around and decided would be our punching bag, because she existed before the bad 4* characters and at that time people mistook Keqing having the largest amount of theorycrafting for her being particularly good. as more characters come out the standard pool 5* could continue to decrease in value, like Diluc might as well be in the Qiqi and Keqing crowd.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I do enjoy Keqing, but of course I'm still in the leveling phase, and maybe it's just the sword moveset I'm into. :shrug:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Electro is actually king in the mid-level, undergeared stage because its reactions don't scale much with gear. But that's the same reason why isn't not so great later on.

Combined with her exploring ability, Keqing is honestly a great character to own early on.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Keqing has a pretty high effort kit. I'm still hoping they add some kind of supporter or weapon or artifact that works well with her since she is pretty cool. If they did something like the augment core system in the future she would be a good candidate for it imo.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Finn posted:

Qiqi used to be the absolute worst of the standard-banner 5-star characters around release. She was all-in on healing with pretty irrelevant damage, but also a super expensive 80-cost burst to access most of her healing and absolutely 0 energy generation from her skill. Meaning she was barely usable outside of double-cryo teams where the other cryo character could generate energy for her. But most double-cryo teams use an energy-hungry main DPS and want a support who can generate energy for them, and Qiqi is useless for that.
She did have the highest healing output of any character in the game -- it just wasn't very relevant because even relatively weak healers can heal "enough" to keep your team alive while also doing other useful stuff.

But ever since they released the Clam artifact set she is not too bad, since it gives a way to convert high healing output into free DPS. Now instead of being a useless pure healer who gets outperformed by any other "healer + X" character in the game, she can do big heals while also contributing a respectable amount of damage. Having the highest healing in the game is actually relevant when all that extra hp gets transformed into damage instead of just uselessly overhealing people past max HP. She still has the same awkward energy / team comp restrictions though.

Nowadays I'd rank the standard 5*s like Mona > Jean > Qiqi > Diluc > Keqing, although of course it really depends on who you already have and what teams you want to use them in.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 23, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jean is still the most versatile of the basic 5* and has a genuine niche of shield shredder with the proper comp. Like if they keep adding high shield mobs and bosses to the game (that are not fire) she and bennet would rip em apart. If they ever add another character that can generate Bennet like field that constantly applies hydro then she would rip through fire shields too.

The main dps ones are the ones that are depreciating the fastest.

I really REALLY want them to rework/buff some of the older units, at the same time I cant see them not increase the level cap at some point, with maybe level 100 providing another talent unlock for the characters.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 23, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Keqing is a character that gets a lot of focus in Liyue based stories and a lot of fanart and seems popular as a character, just not for her gameplay.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh right, she did singlehandedly ruin the Lantern Rite event

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
she was the only standard 5* popular enough to get her own rateup banner!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've got Keqing level 90 C6 80/160 CR/CD 9/12/12 and I can't do a drat thing with her.

I don't have C6 sara to buff her, but it's pretty much hat it'll take to make her compete with any of the other 5 stars.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Unless you really like Itto, don't roll. Gorou and Chongyun are both pretty niche characters that you pull out and play around with, but they're kinda difficult to build teams around.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Started playing this not too long ago. Any way to get my casters to target the stupid geo cube rather than the pillars its hovering above?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So for Shinobu swords ATK stats are as useful as a dull blade. I'm thinking the fav. sword and sac. sword would be better used on someone else. Not sure how useful her burst is or if it's worth leveling.

Cinnabar spindle - increases skill damage
Iron sting - increases EM
Traveler's handy sword - heals, why not?
Fav sword - Makes particles
Sac sword - Seems pretty unnecessary considering her skill duration/CD

Even if you're willing to pry your favonius/sacrificial sword off someone else, I think the other 3 swords are better options if you aren't planning on using her burst.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't see a reason to use anything other than fav, being able to funnel energy to another character is better than a marginal increase in healing/damage

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
so self-proclaimed Genshin killer [Tower of Fantasy] has an open beta and it is.....pretty bad. Combat is absolutely not a draw, it feels tedious in a bad way, there's about 100x more clicking poo poo because it's an actual MMO and there's like 5 currencies for different gacha banners for some reason.

Exploration also sucks poo poo, you have a double jump but it doesn't really do that much more, and your jetpack lets you leap high but you can only do it twice before having a 2 minute cooldown.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Started playing this not too long ago. Any way to get my casters to target the stupid geo cube rather than the pillars its hovering above?
Unfortunately no, the trick is having:
- Claymore user to smash through the pillars fast
- Someone who deals elemental (but not Geo!!!) damage to blow up the pillars when it does its split-phase thing (this can also work with the regular hover-y phase but you want your hardest hitting stuff ready for the time limited bit)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This has been a complaint I've had since around 2011 at the earliest because that's when Uncharted 3 came out and to be fair I didn't get Mario Odyssey.

God I miss just miss being able to jump and land at a higher elevation. Every game that gives you a jump demands that you mantle up onto everything every drat time.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Unfortunately no, the trick is having:
- Claymore user to smash through the pillars fast
- Someone who deals elemental (but not Geo!!!) damage to blow up the pillars when it does its split-phase thing (this can also work with the regular hover-y phase but you want your hardest hitting stuff ready for the time limited bit)
I'm pretty sure you can one-cycle the split phase with an undergeared Noelle with her burst up, but it's been awhile and I have ZL who can definitely one-cycle it.

So you bring Noelle/ZL for the pillars and then switch to your non-geo boss killer team for when you stun it.

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 23, 2022

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Incoherence posted:

I'm pretty sure you can one-cycle the split phase with an undergeared Noelle with her burst up, but it's been awhile and I have ZL who can definitely one-cycle it.
Oh right, yeah ignore the elemental damage thing I was saying, that's only relevant to the crystals (and is annoying when you're going Itto Mode)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Archers can shoot the geo core above the pillar until the final 3 pillars. The Ganyu strategy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Finally killed it. Seems like half the time my Lisa/Yanfei will target it when its hovering above the pillars. Absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why they won't hit it when its exposed otherwise. And yea, I just used Noelle to smash the regen blocks

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Also Paimon is an emergency snack

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Still more work to be done but my Xiao is looking real good now and performing amazingly.

Think I found my main. Surprised it wasn't Itto.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Also Paimon is an emergency snack

Paimon is actually an exotic seafood, thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe posted:

Or maybe Sara for being the Gorou of the worst element

Eh, C6 Sara stapled to carry Raiden is a thing... which yeah makes her the Gorou of the worst element. At least she has a place (albeit limited) which is more than I can say for Xinyan or Thoma. I guess Thoma I can at least squint and think some day his shield will be useful.