Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ok, time to replay xenogears, xenosaga 1-3, finish Xenoblade 1, and play xenoblade 2 for the first time before the end of july

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sourdough posted:

Ok, time to replay xenogears, xenosaga 1-3, finish Xenoblade 1, and play xenoblade 2 for the first time before the end of july

dont forget torna

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i still gotta play torna

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
man i wanna play all the xeno games now lol. is emulation the best bet? doesn't look like there's any gears or saga remakes that I can find

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Jeff Wiiver posted:

man i wanna play all the xeno games now lol. is emulation the best bet? doesn't look like there's any gears or saga remakes that I can find

pretty sure thats the only way to play them until sony gets off their asses and releases the rights to gears/saga

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Jeff Wiiver posted:

yeah there is jack poo poo

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
maybe by the time i get around to them they'll be available to play on the Nintendo Switch, god's favored console

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i still gotta play torna

Torna was cool but storywise kind of whatever since it's a prequel where you already know all the finale ahead of time. Really spectacular looking final fight though and extremely funny that they locked it behind doing 100% of randomly-generated tier fetch quests.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I remember getting this gaming magazine with a xenogears feature and partial walk through and it seemed sick. I was more interested in legend of legaia which was also featured and ended up buying that eventually instead which I enjoyed a lot though I guess most people think it’s garbo.

Really hope I can get the xb3 special edition cause Nintendo does a really good job with the art books. I got the Metroid dread one expecting a short little thing with some key pieces and it has art from all the 2d games and a ton of dread concept art. 60 pages or so. My kids love it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Leadthumb posted:

Where do the xenoblade games fall on this timeline?

it's a split timeline. the split occurs at the crucifixion with one timeline where christ survives (xenoblade) and one where he dies (xenosaga)
the timelines then reconverge in xenoblade 2 when kos-mos pops out of a gachapon machine and joins Rex's party

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

*Lucca and the gang taking jesus down from the cross and replacing him with a dopple doll while the romans are frozen in time about to spear him*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The power of U-DO

Is a curious thing. Make a one man weep, make another man sing.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Torna kicks rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I own Xenogears and Xenosaga 1-3 and haven’t played any of them yet. I should fix that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

*Lucca and the gang taking jesus down from the cross and replacing him with a dopple doll while the romans are frozen in time about to spear him*

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

Salvation rains from the heavens!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Leadthumb posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I own Xenogears and Xenosaga 1-3 and haven’t played any of them yet. I should fix that

xenosaga 1 has one of the most jarring intros i've seen. i like to believe the production team added it last minute because it has very little in common with the visual design throughout the rest of the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Augus posted:

it's a split timeline. the split occurs at the crucifixion with one timeline where christ survives (xenoblade) and one where he dies (xenosaga)
the timelines then reconverge in xenoblade 2 when kos-mos pops out of a gachapon machine and joins Rex's party

I am no longer able to parse whether this is a joke or not

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I am no longer able to parse whether this is a joke or not

its real and even if it isnt it is now

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Leadthumb posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They call me Judas
My perfume anoints
Betray my savior
And earn 15 silver coins

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They call me Judas
My perfume anoints
Betray my savior
And earn 15 silver coins

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

PI..PILATE'S IN A JAM!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

PI..PILATE'S IN A JAM!

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jesus sentenced to death on the cross for the crimes of stealing an old man’s lunch and not waiting for Marle to buy candy

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Solt feeding jesus some 'crusifixins' while steam shoots out of Peppor's ears.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They call me Judas
My perfume anoints
Betray my savior
And earn 15 silver coins

Fungah! posted:

PI..PILATE'S IN A JAM!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Jesus sentenced to death on the cross for the crimes of stealing an old man’s lunch and not waiting for Marle to buy candy

lmfao

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction.

But you're still hungry.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sudden Javelin posted:

And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction.

But you're still hungry.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sudden Javelin posted:

But you're still hungry.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Sudden Javelin posted:

But you're still hungry.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

but,
in the end
their religion refused to change...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Magus: You inherited the Earth, 'cuz you're meek.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Magus: You inherited the Earth, 'cuz you're meek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Barret: It's 'cus of that &^#$# 'crucifix', that people up there are sufferin'!