Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I don't think Damage Control are the Big Bad Guys, but are the We-Can't-Use-Shield stand-in for a government agency. Antagonists sure, but I don't think they're the Big Bads.

That would definitely be weird to do after SWORD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

That would definitely be weird to do after SWORD

poo poo, I forgot we had even done SWORD yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like he vague idea is that with SHIELD gone there is no big agency overseeing everything. Just a bunch of different letter groups with shady agendas and incompetent leadership all carving out their place. My guess is that goes somewhere with Thunderbolts or maybe Secret Invasion/Armor Wars/Cap 4.

Like our introduction to SWORD was in chaos and with a big interdepartmental mess of an operation. I never got the sense they had any kind of control.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
SHIELD wouldn't show up armed to the teeth with drones chasing a minor around after she saved a kids life. Kamala would go home and Daisy would be sitting in her room saying "Welcome to the Avengers Academy" or something.

That's what the MCU lacks, a pipeline for young heroes to be trained and learn how to use their powers in a way to avoid hurting anyone by accident. Sounds like a D+ series just waiting to be made.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Someone should really Champion that cause.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

muscles like this! posted:

Also since the bangle was a family thing I'm wondering if there's going to be a thing where she's part alien since there isn't a ton known about her mother's side of the family.

just please god don't make her part Eternal. I don't wanna shout "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT ALL IN ON THE ETERNALS" at my TV and hurt its feelings

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Moon Knight only lacked an Eternals scene because it was going to cost too much. Marvel knows everyone is crazy for more sweet Phastos and Kingo action.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

just please god don't make her part Eternal. I don't wanna shout "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT ALL IN ON THE ETERNALS" at my TV and hurt its feelings

Unfortunately I feel like that's what it's got to be. I mean the only other option is Inhuman and you could say the bangle had some terrigen stuff on it or whatever but well... Inhumans, man. I'm positive that at some point in the future down the line, Marvel will take another swing at the Inhumans. I just don't think it's now.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's Flash finally finished off the "is Diggle going to become a Green Lantern?" story arc. Reverse Flash helps Dig open up the box again but Dig rejects the call because he sees that if he takes it he'll never be with his family again. The box then goes away.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This week's Flash finally finished off the "is Diggle going to become a Green Lantern?" story arc. Reverse Flash helps Dig open up the box again but Dig rejects the call because he sees that if he takes it he'll never be with his family again. The box then goes away.

Jesus christ

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That’s lame but it seems like the ring was just meant to be a fan service send off and then they decided they actually wanted him around so they eventually decided they had to resolve that. Lamely.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also HBO Max decided they were going to do a Green Lantern show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
at least he got his victory lap through all the shows right before every one of them got cancelled

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

at least he got his victory lap through all the shows right before every one of them got cancelled

Ah so the twist was he was a Black Lantern, spreading death through the universe

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cowards. That is the only word I will say for denying what Dig deserved.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol that the vast majority of ppl were introduced to this guy with a football shaped hole in his brain

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Illuminaunties is a pretty top tier pun

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I had forgotten that Netflix was adapting Miller’s Chosen, but this is just awful

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1538185756052709376?s=21&t=zl4CG44Z2fo52fvLo2zS5Q

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Also HBO Max decided they were going to do a Green Lantern show.

I have to wonder if this is still happening. AFAIK, it hasn’t even started filming even though two of the leads were cast ages ago, it was noticeably absent from DC Fandome last year, and it generally doesn’t seem to fit with Zaslav reportedly wanting to reserve more expensive DC projects for theaters. It might still see the light of day, who knows, but I’m not holding my breath at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We're probably all better off not getting a CW Green Lantern.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lobok posted:

Someone should really Champion that cause.

My ideal MCU Young Avengers combines the two teams. Though until we get a Miles, Parker can be their spider-man.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

twistedmentat posted:

My ideal MCU Young Avengers combines the two teams. Though until we get a Miles, Parker can be their spider-man.

I wonder if they're keeping Miles in reserve until Tom Holland is done. Considering Peter is still fairly young and inexperienced and the MCU version effectively stole Ganke, Miles doesn't really bring a whole lot to the table right now.

Also I'd rather they use the Champions name anyway. Young Avengers is more obvious about what the team is and for marketing / branding reasons maybe it's Marvel's preferred name but I've never loved when team names explicitly highlight the youth of the team.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 18, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

STAC Goat posted:

That’s lame but it seems like the ring was just meant to be a fan service send off and then they decided they actually wanted him around so they eventually decided they had to resolve that. Lamely.

They also ordered a show to pilot where Diggle trains up a new generation of heroes while they attend college.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
End the cw shows and put the new good shows on hbo max. Stargirl and doom patrol are the only 2 that should exist at the moment.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bring back gotham

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They also ordered a show to pilot where Diggle trains up a new generation of heroes while they attend college.

afaik Justice U hasn’t actually gotten a pilot order, though apparently it’s still in development and not necessarily dead

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

End the cw shows and put the new good shows on hbo max. Stargirl and doom patrol are the only 2 that should exist at the moment.

Peacemaker is also really good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Peacemaker is also really good.

Forgot about that one

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mr Hootington posted:

Forgot about that one

Superman & Lois?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Klungar posted:

Superman & Lois?

Submission are clos3d

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Aw dang it! This is the third time I've had to crumple up and throw away my posterboard proposal for an Aztek: The Ultimate Man show.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Ms Marvel continues to be great.

The Obi-Wan finale was also great.

Stuff is cool. I enjoy it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else notice that in the scene with Bruno and Kamala in his room that the kid who plays Bruno was loving jacked?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It wouldn’t have been proper Jersey if nobody ever played Bon Jovi.

Not sure if I love the optics of making the first Muslim superhero a literal genie, though.

However, that was clearly a Ten Rings symbol on the floor of the bangle chamber, and we already knew that the rings were some weird kind of energy sending a signal to an unknown place, so… maybe we actually do know where the other bangle they we’re looking for got off to?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Anyone else notice that in the scene with Bruno and Kamala in his room that the kid who plays Bruno was loving jacked?

My partner thought he looked older but yeah that T-shirt was working for him, maybe there was a gap because of covid?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CapnAndy posted:

It wouldn’t have been proper Jersey if nobody ever played Bon Jovi.

Not sure if I love the optics of making the first Muslim superhero a literal genie, though.

However, that was clearly a Ten Rings symbol on the floor of the bangle chamber, and we already knew that the rings were some weird kind of energy sending a signal to an unknown place, so… maybe we actually do know where the other bangle they we’re looking for got off to?

I didn't love the whole "good brown people versus bad brown people" being directly pointed out then turning the show into "good brown people versus bad brown people."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC the actual filming for Ms Marvel was a while back so it also could have been a reshoot and he bulked up in between.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I noticed Bruno’s physique in that tshirt too, my thought was that it was intentional with the subtext of the scene very much being “hey, I’m a love interest too, look at me”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

I didn't love the whole "good brown people versus bad brown people" being directly pointed out then turning the show into "good brown people versus bad brown people."

Well, they're probably Kree so they are really blue people

But yea its not a great look.