Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TenementFunster posted:

brb firing up the thesaurus
shut the gently caress up tf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
enchiladas tonight binch

https://twitter.com/VerbalTwo/status/1539439015002353665?s=20&t=HNt9xqCpdKfFllCBl7blOA

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Those look tasty, hot a recipe to share?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
pound of beef browned i dont add water when i add the taco mix (chi-chi's original) cuz what the gently caress i want all the flavor and greasy boy fat
i added in some habanero taquiera sauce

good smear of refried beans on the tortilla lil bit of green chilis meat cheese
red enchilada sauce cheese on top cook to preference
i always cook longer cuz i ALWAYS end up making too much and gently caress it i can cram them all in my little casserole dish

v basic but hot drat

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
forgot to buy table cream....

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:rip:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
for real

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at least it's not McCormick spice mix. it's always a risk eating at white people's house because of it. it's not, like, inherently wrong or anything, just really mild. and it's permanently seared into my brain as associated only with bad 'mexican' food

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not sure what that has to do with enchiladas other than it looks better than the white side of the family's version that's for drat sure.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I wish I could get real/good Mexican food out here in the middle of Nowhere, Ontario. My only options are Taco Bell and Mucho Burrito. :(

Theres a vegan Mexican restaurant 2 blocks from where I work but its way too loving expensive. Its also right across the street from a Smokes and poutine is just as good of a comfort food and I can also have them smother it in bacon and deep fried pepperoni for cheaper than one of that restaurants burritos.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder if there is an anime studio out there specializing in making pretty looking food who could make a box of smokes poutine appear appetizing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Arc Hammer posted:

I wonder if there is an anime studio out there specializing in making pretty looking food who could make a box of smokes poutine appear appetizing.

I really want to watch gourmet girl graffiti again :sigh:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
One day I'll have good enchiladas :( Whenever I've ate them at a restaurant they've been bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
gently caress I just found out that Keiko Nobumoto died back in December. gently caress cancer :smith:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Reverse them. :twisted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

how does mahouka fit into this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm going to [REDACTED] you, Stair

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

*for the third, maybe fourth, year in a row* I really should get around to watching a Fate show other than zero (which was awful and bad). I enjoyed Extella and the story in FGO, so I hope theyre more like that.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Loading up stuff on my tablet since I'm gonna be out of town for awhile. Got a bunch of movies both anime and not. Far as tv stuff goes I got Back Arrow since I took a real long break from mecha and I figure a Goro Taniguchi anime would be a good way to get back into the swing of things. And speaking of swings I grabbed Birdie Wing too since while my preferred kind of sports anime ain't the over the top kind I've seen enough buzz to want to check it out for myself.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I, on the other hand, can proudly say that the only Fate series I've watched in its entirety is Carnival Phantasm.

I might watch the cooking show one day, though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raenir Salazar posted:

One day I'll have good enchiladas :( Whenever I've ate them at a restaurant they've been bad.

It's kinda like meatloaf, no restaurant ever cares about doing a particularly good job because everyone is expecting it to taste like Mom's cooking anyway. Same reason I've never seen cerdo y frijoles in a restaurant despite it being literally the Mexican version of pork and beans- it's too much of a home cooking dish for anyone to agree on lol. My family likes to use verde chile for it and it's considered heresy by almost every other Latino I've met.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 23, 2022

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

sb hermit posted:

I, on the other hand, can proudly say that the only Fate series I've watched in its entirety is Carnival Phantasm.

I might watch the cooking show one day, though.

did any of the jokes even make sense then if you didn't know anything else..wtf

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i watched a fate (where the old guy in the sequel wasn't old) anime and the sequel (?????), infinite fate swords or whatever, and found them to be merely ok verging on meh
really not my thing. learning that they made a loli spinoff (and a dozen gachas, apparently?) really killed any interested i couldve had in the fateverse
the cooking spinoff does look like a fun time though

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i have never watched nor played fate

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

i watched a fate (where the old guy in the sequel wasn't old) anime and the sequel (?????), infinite fate swords or whatever, and found them to be merely ok verging on meh
really not my thing. learning that they made a loli spinoff (and a dozen gachas, apparently?) really killed any interested i couldve had in the fateverse

I dont think any of that is correct.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The original game is pretty good if absurdly long.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Wise.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

marumaru posted:

Lord El Melloi Case Files is real good. The story in the gacha game is also somehow good, and Ive finished it all without spending a dime or that much time playing.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The original game is pretty good if absurdly long.

Theres still no official translation for it though right?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

verbal enema posted:

:hai: glad to see more people have experienced fsn entirely via LP

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
havent done that either

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Theres still no official translation for it though right?

No and there never will be probably.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Lord El Melloi Case Files is real good

i've heard that kara no kyoukai is good too

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If the mahoyo translation is good and foreshadows ones for the Tsukihime remakes I could see a future FSN re-release getting localized but even that optimistic case would be many years down the line.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

*for the third, maybe fourth, year in a row* I really should get around to watching a Fate show other than zero (which was awful and bad). I enjoyed Extella and the story in FGO, so I hope theyre more like that.

they are. zero is like. the most self-serious fate thing. extella is pretty representative of the earlier moon cell games tonally, so if you liked that then the upcoming remake of extra might be something you'd enjoy (maaaaaaaybe dont watch the fate/extra anime though. it's an original plot and nobody likes it.) fgo's a bit goofier but generally in line with fsn's tone, the main issue with watching fsn is that fsn anime are kinda scattered; no good adaptation of fate route, ubw's probably the most complete but loses some of its impact without the setup of fate route, and heaven's feel has to cut a fair amount by nature of being a movie adaptation of a very long vn route.

marumaru posted:

the cooking show is fun but like entirely built around the relationships between a cast you've expressed disinterest in, so

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I made a thread for anime freeze frames, gifs and webms you wanna share.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I'm watching Kaguya-sama dubbed and I've got a question: How does the English dub narrator compare to the original Japanese guy?

I'm absolutely loving how he hams it up but I'm wondering if that's a new embellishment or if the original guy is just as spicy.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mazed posted:

I'm watching Kaguya-sama dubbed and I've got a question: How does the English dub narrator compare to the original Japanese guy?

I'm absolutely loving how he hams it up but I'm wondering if that's a new embellishment or if the original guy is just as spicy.

it's very different, i like both (though i watch the original)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtvdKShsqVk

potential spoilers

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mazed posted:

He's a different kind of hammy. Some people really don't like the characterization of the English narrator (I'm fine on it, personally)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i remember people complaining that the english dub VA didn't match the jp VA's sincere enthusiasm