Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

2house2fly posted:

Here's a very compelling piece of evidence: Dr Strange was willing to sacrifice half of the people in the universe and risk the other half, purely so that Iron Man would die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK4gM7RC1M0&t=3475s

Noam Chomsky fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Oh my god. This play is amazing.

The other non-Avengers ones are pretty great too.

3-way tie between Joy Story, The Avenger, and The Princess Bride of Christ for the best one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's a dracula

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Oh my god. This play is amazing.

The other non-Avengers ones are pretty great too.

3-way tie between Joy Story, The Avenger, and The Princess Bride of Christ for the best one.

Agreed

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Okay. I'm ready for the meteor.

edit: Oh my god, the twist on Joy Story is amazing.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 23, 2022

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If only. Finally saw the film and I enjoyed it well enough. Needed more Raimi and less CGI action stuff.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat I know we were all joking about it for years but I love that some Winnipeg megachurch beat Endgame to having Iron Man die for our sins

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I just watched ragnarok and Infinity war again and drat i love this marvel poo poo, it's just a good time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

thrawn527 posted:

Okay. I'm ready for the meteor.

edit: Oh my god, the twist on Joy Story is amazing.

Is there a version where the streamer doesn't stop the video every moment to tell me what I'm seeing and how I'm supposed to feel?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

YouTube videos that takes place in someone’s studio apt are a good visual indicator of being a huge waste of time.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

Upsidads posted:

Is there a version where the streamer doesn't stop the video every moment to tell me what I'm seeing and how I'm supposed to feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9_AeLmuRKc

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ruddiger posted:

YouTube videos that takes place in someone’s studio apt are a good visual indicator of being a huge waste of time.

Jenny Nicholson's videos are pretty funny imo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

sebmojo posted:

I just watched ragnarok and Infinity war again and drat i love this marvel poo poo, it's just a good time

You should watch Top Gun Maverick, it's a better comic book movie than both of those combined.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Jenny Nicholson's videos are pretty funny imo

I'd rather watch one than any of the last 6 completely fake superhero movies they just released.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/solacecinema/status/1540022439480119296?t=pQ03k5m0NFx6h6sjdzgu0w&s=19

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Some WB exec is considering putting a bullet in his own mouth every time something new comes out

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

This is the most normal thing Ezra has done.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm concerned but not surprised.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Tweet doesn’t clarify, but the mother is with them and claiming Miller helped her escape her abusive husband. It sounds like Miller really is just starting a loosely connected cult around themself.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

porfiria posted:

This is the most normal thing Ezra has done.

After getting caught with babies and guns, Ezra is finally coming out - as a Republican.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

"In the midst of that unfolding crisis, the children’s father claims to Rolling Stone that Miller secured a flight out of Hawaii for the woman and her children, allegedly without the father’s knowledge. He claims he has not been able to see or speak with his children since their departure.

“I got a bad feeling in my stomach,” the father says. “I do want to go get my kids, they mean the loving world to me.” (Representatives for Miller did not reply to a request for comment.)

The mother and father have been at odds for some time, according to Hawaii court records. The mother pursued one domestic abuse case and one paternity case against the father in May 2021. He has denied all abuse allegations, and the domestic case was terminated when neither of the parents appeared in court. Files in the paternity case show the judge put the case on hold last October because the father hadn’t been served. The father filed a domestic case against the mother in April, related to her taking the children out of the state. That case is pending.

The mother says she is still living at Miller’s farm with her children. The two sources who confirmed seeing children there with their mother describe it as a chaotic environment that is unsafe for children. Video footage from April reviewed by Rolling Stone appears to show at least eight assault weapons, rifles, and handguns lying around the living room, with some weapons propped up next to a pile of stuffed animals."

There's a lot to unpack there, certainly. Either Ezra is a saint for helping abuse victims or a supervillain creating their own cult.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

teagone posted:

You should watch Top Gun Maverick, it's a better comic book movie than both of those combined.

Would you mind talking about why? I have seen a lot of praise for it which is a little baffling, the trailer was the essence of eh but people did seem to dig it a lot

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

McCloud posted:

"In the midst of that unfolding crisis, the children’s father claims to Rolling Stone that Miller secured a flight out of Hawaii for the woman and her children, allegedly without the father’s knowledge. He claims he has not been able to see or speak with his children since their departure.

“I got a bad feeling in my stomach,” the father says. “I do want to go get my kids, they mean the loving world to me.” (Representatives for Miller did not reply to a request for comment.)

The mother and father have been at odds for some time, according to Hawaii court records. The mother pursued one domestic abuse case and one paternity case against the father in May 2021. He has denied all abuse allegations, and the domestic case was terminated when neither of the parents appeared in court. Files in the paternity case show the judge put the case on hold last October because the father hadn’t been served. The father filed a domestic case against the mother in April, related to her taking the children out of the state. That case is pending.

The mother says she is still living at Miller’s farm with her children. The two sources who confirmed seeing children there with their mother describe it as a chaotic environment that is unsafe for children. Video footage from April reviewed by Rolling Stone appears to show at least eight assault weapons, rifles, and handguns lying around the living room, with some weapons propped up next to a pile of stuffed animals."

There's a lot to unpack there, certainly. Either Ezra is a saint for helping abuse victims or a supervillain creating their own cult.

I mean even if they are doing the right thing 'extremely unsafe gun filled ranch' is not a great place to be keeping children

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Children no, big cats yes
Solved

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Flash is doing a Waco, so what

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I mean even if they are doing the right thing 'extremely unsafe gun filled ranch' is not a great place to be keeping children

Full agreement. A social worker did visit the house, "said in a text that they had visited the house on May 16 and the kids “looked good,” noting the worker had “more work to do.” One can hope that it meant they didn't have guns lying around in the living room, but who the gently caress knows anymore.

Why they're stockpiling guns and ammo is also anyone's guess. On a supposed marijuana farm no less.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

sebmojo posted:

Would you mind talking about why? I have seen a lot of praise for it which is a little baffling, the trailer was the essence of eh but people did seem to dig it a lot

It has some of the best action direction of any film I've seen, right up there with Mad Max: Fury Road for sure. Blows any cape poo poo action out of the water from the last decade, easily. The story and characters are simple but effective and serve the super accessible story really well. If you've seen the first film, it handles nostalgia proper; no wankery or any sort of obnoxious nostalgic bait. Some bits might seem cliche (like Rooster's mustache), but they just feel right considering the tone of the film. It's a movie with very little fat/bloat; just a really well written, beautifully shot, and super lean actioner made by a solid director. Really, it's a masterclass display of blockbuster moviemaking imo.

My comparison of Maverick to CBMs in genreal relates basically to the action and how Tom Cruise is basically a superhero pilot in the movie.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

McCloud posted:

Why they're stockpiling guns and ammo is also anyone's guess. On a supposed marijuana farm no less.

The marijuana industry is insanely violent, at least in places like northern California where it's hugely tied into local criminal groups and terrorizing migrant laborers.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Ezra Miller is gunning for Shia Leboufs spot as Most Unhinged Actor In Hollywood

Chairman Capone posted:

The marijuana industry is insanely violent, at least in places like northern California where it's hugely tied into local criminal groups and terrorizing migrant laborers.

Huh. Well, TIL

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Randy Quaid died?!!;

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

McCloud posted:

Huh. Well, TIL

If you want to watch a decent documentary about it, the Hulu "Sasquatch" miniseries from last year was pretty good. It was definitely a bait and switch where it's initially positioned as "Did Bigfoot kill a migrant laborer on a marijuana farm in northern California in the 90s?" and quickly turns into a deep look at the marijuana industry there and the less than savory figures involved in it.

Upsidads posted:

Randy Quaid died?!!;

Star-whacked.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

If you want to watch a decent documentary about it, the Hulu "Sasquatch" miniseries from last year was pretty good. It was definitely a bait and switch where it's initially positioned as "Did Bigfoot kill a migrant laborer on a marijuana farm in northern California in the 90s?" and quickly turns into a deep look at the marijuana industry there and the less than savory figures involved in it.

Murder Mountain on Netflix as well.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

McCloud posted:

Ezra Miller is gunning for Shia Leboufs spot as Most Unhinged Actor In Hollywood

Hear me out, so it's a reboot of Twins...

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
https://twitter.com/2gay2lift/status/1538439722002812929

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Who the gently caress is Nathan felder?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

lol
https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1540047634848747521?s=20&t=Grprd6-0j3YNoCAlnF5YUQ

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Who the gently caress is Nathan felder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vbCKava_JE

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

sebmojo posted:

https://twitter.com/colehaddon/status/1535429104111329280

Every sequel needs to reintroduce the main character(s) again, layout what has changed from the last movie, and tell us what the main conflict of this sequel will be. Many Marvel sequels take 30-40 minutes to finish doing all of that. Top Gun Maverick does it all in 11 minutes without using any pure infodumps, while including some cool action scenes and lasting shots in the process. It's not some deep work, but it is incredibly tight and polished blockbuster action at a level above normal superhero blockbuster action.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

No seriously who the gently caress is nathan felder you just posted a video of an unconvincing robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

golden bubble posted:

https://twitter.com/colehaddon/status/1535429104111329280

Every sequel needs to reintroduce the main character(s) again, layout what has changed from the last movie, and tell us what the main conflict of this sequel will be. Many Marvel sequels take 30-40 minutes to finish doing all of that. Top Gun Maverick does it all in 11 minutes without using any pure infodumps, while including some cool action scenes and lasting shots in the process. It's not some deep work, but it is incredibly tight and polished blockbuster action at a level above normal superhero blockbuster action.

"Cool guy fly plane pew pew" is simpler to get across and explained than anything in the Marvel movies. That isn't to say one is better than the other but the comparison being made here doesn't make sense.