Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Really thought that "We've been called many names" thing was gonna wind up as Inhuman for a second. Fuckin' djinn as the big bads of the season was not on my expected list of things from a MM series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
So these guys have a marvel history

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Clan_Destine_(Earth-616)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TwoPair posted:

Really thought that "We've been called many names" thing was gonna wind up as Inhuman for a second. Fuckin' djinn as the big bads of the season was not on my expected list of things from a MM series.

Lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had the biggest smile during the Livin’ on a Prayer fight. Immediate rewatch.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
After rewathing certain scenes in Multiverse of Madness and then this episode, I gotta say

I can understand why they didn't give her stretchy (balloony?) powers

I am now tempted to watch live action One Piece just to see if they manage to pull it off (prognosis; dubious)

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Whoever designed this outfit should be bloody shot. Anson Mount is a good looking, square jawed guy and this suit makes him look uggo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sloth Life posted:

Whoever designed this outfit should be bloody shot. Anson Mount is a good looking, square jawed guy and this suit makes him look uggo.

I assume it's the suit from the TV show?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

lol you are severely overestimating the TV series

He never wore the headpiece, either. I liked the MoM suit though, as one of the few Inhuman fanboys out there I felt it looked good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Opopanax posted:

lol you are severely overestimating the TV series

He never wore the headpiece, either. I liked the MoM suit though, as one of the few Inhuman fanboys out there I felt it looked good.

loving lol.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Opopanax posted:

It looks fantastic. And other people that no idea what the Inhumans are thought so too. I had friends asking me who that guy was because he looked cool and they had no clue who the hell he was.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

X-O posted:

It looks fantastic. And other people that no idea what the Inhumans are thought so too. I had friends asking me who that guy was because he looked cool and they had no clue who the hell he was.
Did you tell them it was Blackagar Boltagon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapnAndy posted:

Did you tell them it was Blackagar Boltagon

Yeah see now if you want to complain about something making him look stupid, using his full name would be a good pick

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They used his full name in the movie. But he was still cool.

I really liked the effects for his voice and that we saw he was sad by what happened

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anson Mount was such a weird choice for Black Bolt because it is such a dour part while he is basically weaponized charisma.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going through Discovery right now and it was kind of funny when he shows up because I realized as much as I've been watching him/aware of him for like a decade, I hadn't actually heard his voice ever

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's really, really good on Strange New Worlds.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I liked just about everything about Bablackedagon Bubboltagorn in Multiverse of Madness but they gotta figure out how to shrink down those latex hoods because they always make everyone's heads look comically large and it only make their shoulders/torso look smaller in comparison. Somehow Captain America's helmet looks thinner.

VVVVVV Wow, no excuses

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 24, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I liked just about everything about Bablackedagon Bubboltagorn in Multiverse of Madness but they gotta figure out how to shrink down those latex hoods because they always make everyone's heads look comically large and it only make their shoulders/torso look smaller in comparison. Somehow Captain America's helmet looks thinner.

https://twitter.com/HailEternal/status/1540079490554105856?s=20&t=L9OS_0iMb5pPiRrej-2wUA

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Costumers/set designers have unions and the overseas CGI farms Disney sends this stuff too does not

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

lol how loving ridiculous.

e: like I get it I guess CGI lets you make the suit however you want and you can your superheroes more ripped without using fake looking muscles but... I dunno drat, make a loving real suit. I guess the counterargument would be why make a full suit for such a minor character, but I feel like that's gotta be cheaper than the CG

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

TwoPair posted:

e: like I get it I guess CGI lets you make the suit however you want and you can your superheroes more ripped without using fake looking muscles but... I dunno drat, make a loving real suit. I guess the counterargument would be why make a full suit for such a minor character, but I feel like that's gotta be cheaper than the CG

Makes it easier to do the head exploding later.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

TwoPair posted:

Yeah I'm starting to think this is it:

Opopanax posted:

Costumers/set designers have unions and the overseas CGI farms Disney sends this stuff too does not

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Black Bolt and Reed were probably filmed pretty late and it's probably quicker and cheaper to just CGI them than have them go to a costumer, create the costume, then get them in for a day's work or less.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Black Bolt and Reed were probably filmed pretty late and it's probably quicker and cheaper to just CGI them than have them go to a costumer, create the costume, then get them in for a day's work or less.

The rumor is that those two were added in reshoots, so yeah, that’s probably part of it.

But also, the union thing

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

This was rumored since late last year, so it didn’t take me by surprise, but honestly, these characters have so little to do with their comic counterparts that I don’t really understand why they bothered using the name. I guess the Marvel Universe isn’t exactly overflowing with characters related to djinn, though, and I suppose nothing this show is doing would preclude a more faithful version of the ClanDestine from being introduced down the road, though I can’t imagine they’re very high up on Feige’s list of properties to adapt

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I took a costume design course in college and you would be surprised the amount of work and money that goes into making a custom costume like that. CG is probably cheaper these days tbh.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean disney is still interacting with the unions to make the costumes for all the characters who do have actual outfits it's not like blackbolt is the loving line in the sand

it's almost definitely because the illuminati were added/altered in post from whatever the original plan was

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Also it's a lot more comfortable for the actors.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I took a costume design course in college and you would be surprised the amount of work and money that goes into making a custom costume like that. CG is probably cheaper these days tbh.

Making something that looks true to the comic (or thematically appropriate if you're avoiding yellow spandex) is hard enough, then you need to make sure it still looks right when the actor bends. And doesn't fall apart until two hours after they're done using it (so many old props along the lines of "nobody built it to last 20 years, even if it wasn't thrown out it would be decaying foam rubber now despite how cool it looked at the time").

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Just started the new episode of The Boys and the intro warning is amazing and I guess this one will be a doozy.

Edit: It was. Fantastic episode. It is just shy of a miracle that they were able to make one of the best comic based shows out of one of the worst books. Phenomonal.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 24, 2022

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TwoPair posted:

There's a lot of super human secret groups operating in the MCU. It was also kinda funny how the djinns just immediately surrended peacefully to the cops even though they can punch a hole in the floor without breaking a sweat. Also. not only is the whip sword that one of them used based on a real weapon (the urumi), it's ten times more insane in real life:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Alhazred posted:

There's a lot of super human secret groups operating in the MCU. It was also kinda funny how the djinns just immediately surrended peacefully to the cops even though they can punch a hole in the floor without breaking a sweat. Also. not only is the whip sword that one of them used based on a real weapon (the urumi), it's ten times more insane in real life:

I've wrestled with rolls of concrete reinforcement wire that wanted to spring pointy bits at me (they're great for gardening cages), that weapon is terrifying.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I just realized something that bothers me a lot about the latest episode of Ms Marvel

For all these years, I assumed the plural of Clandestine was Clandestine and not Clandestines

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I just realized something that bothers me a lot about the latest episode of Ms Marvel

For all these years, I assumed the plural of Clandestine was Clandestine and not Clandestines

Nope, surnames break the usual pluralization rules (if anything in English could be called "usual". The plural of Jones is Joneses, the Sheep family would be the Sheeps, et cetera.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I am livid about the latest episode of Ms. Marvel. How in the gently caress do you introduce Brown Jovi and not let them play.

Unacceptable

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Medullah posted:

I am livid about the latest episode of Ms. Marvel. How in the gently caress do you introduce Brown Jovi and not let them play.

Unacceptable

Introduce concept now, pay off during series climax.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
They actually played the background music in the next scene. They are a really good cover band!

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Joe Fisto posted:

Introduce concept now, pay off during series climax.

Give them their own D+ show, about how normal people live in the MCU, a side character can be a Skrull or something.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Seems a stargirl season 3 teaser promo was aired last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3WjbT81g_k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Another banger of an episode on the Boys today