Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Mordaedil posted:

They do realize that this is literally opposite of reality right? This is projecting so hard.

I instinctively read it the wrong way around because what was actually there was so absurd, and didn't notice until other people started calling it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Mordaedil posted:

They do realize that this is literally opposite of reality right? This is projecting so hard.

The national review (and other right-wing outlets, presumably) have run at least a couple stories about separate firebombings of pro-lifer "crisis centers" over the past couple weeks:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/pro-abortion-terrorists-firebomb-oregon-pregnancy-center/

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/pro-abortion-terrorists-firebomb-buffalo-pro-life-pregnancy-center/

Other right wing outlets are running parallel stories, of varying degrees of ridiculous triviality. You can see how these operate in a closed circuit to reinforce the antiabortion right wing belief system...at the same time, we should acknowledge it if we weren't aware of these events.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's not like these "crisis centers" provide any actual service for anyone. They exist solely to convince women to carry their pregnancies to term, which is something they are perfectly capable of doing without a crisis center if that is their choice. Nobody is being deprived of anything when a crisis center is burned down.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Sure, but it is apparently a thing that is happening that at least a couple have gotten burnt down. At a minimum, Benson isn't the person making it up, even if you want to go the route of claiming it's some sort of false flag.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm well aware that they have been burned down and I'm glad of it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fister Roboto posted:

It's not like these "crisis centers" provide any actual service for anyone. They exist solely to convince women to carry their pregnancies to term, which is something they are perfectly capable of doing without a crisis center if that is their choice. Nobody is being deprived of anything when a crisis center is burned down.
I was about to say, these aren't like, OB-GYN centers. Despite what the comic says, they specifically target women who have not made a choice, or even who have but in the other direction. If anything they're the ones who don't agree with the choice, even in the visual comparison being made!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Have any of them actually been burned down? The last time I saw the big list of all the arsons it included minor three that had been firebombed for minor damage like singed furniture, and the rest were just vandalized with grafitti and maybe a smashed window. They were only burned down in the conservative persecution complex sense of the word.

Pregnancy Crisis Centers should be burned to the ground, but if that's been happening it's news to me. Well they should be made illegal and shut down and have their buildings repurposed for actual public services, but lol good luck with that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Have any of them actually been burned down? The last time I saw the big list of all the arsons it included minor three that had been firebombed for minor damage like singed furniture, and the rest were just vandalized with grafitti and maybe a smashed window. They were only burned down in the conservative persecution complex sense of the word.

Pregnancy Crisis Centers should be burned to the ground, but if that's been happening it's news to me. Well they should be made illegal and shut down and have their buildings repurposed for actual public services, but lol good luck with that.
Just gonna quota this for future reference.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else remember that SVU episode with the crisis abortion center where Fred Thompson told them to go after them because while he hated abortion, he still loved the law more?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting. Because holy gently caress that has never happened ever. As others already said, it's the literal opposite of reality.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hunny Bunny really channels the readership's sentiments.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

And yet, somehow, in that infinite multitude, there's not a one where Trump's does.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Using the loving Hilary H logo in the year 2022.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The Buffalo crisis pregnancy center is also down the road from an OBGYN practice that had one of their doctors get assassinated by "pro-lifers" back in the late 90's. The killer managed to initially flee the country with the help of a vast network of far right extremists.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the uphill struggle of the cost of living crisis – British households are facing severe pressure from rising living costs as UK inflation rises to 9.1%, its highest rate in 40 years"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Dominic Raab denies assault on Human Rights Act is ‘racist’ and risks fresh Brexit clash

Times:

British human rights overhaul set to limit power of European judges

Evening Standard:

Prince Charles jets out to Rwanda amid row over Government’s controversial migrants policy

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So this Dominic Raab fellow, does he get spit on every time he crosses the street or do you reserve that for special occasions?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Is Chip Bok really the only right wing cartoonist to acknowledge that all Biden's talk about green energy is bullshit and he's actually desperately trying to increase oil production? Because if so that's incredible.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Twelve by Pies posted:

Is Chip Bok really the only right wing cartoonist to acknowledge that all Biden's talk about green energy is bullshit and he's actually desperately trying to increase oil production? Because if so that's incredible.

All of the other right-wingers that get posted here are convinced that Biden is the second coming of Stalin and will force us all into EVs...or something.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) Secretary Sally McManus with Reserve Bank Governor Philip Lowe, in the foreground treasurer Jim Chalmers. ACTU Secretary Sally McManus says Reserve Bank in 'boomer fantasy land' over wage-price spiral fears (ABC).
ACTU must help restore a genuine bargaining system (AFR editorial).

Knight:

Victorian state politics with premier Dan Andrews. Health Minister Martin Foley among high-profile Victorian Labor ministers to retire before November election (ABC).

Broelman:

Spooner Leak, Son of Leak:

Chris Bowen urges 'vigilance' on energy grid as supply storm passes (Canberra Times).

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Marty Two Bulls

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Another bicycle for the collection.

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Orange Wolf Bad: Schiff is worse than “The Little boy who Cried, Wolf” who Continues to Lie about Trump and Conservatives every day.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Time to bust out a favorite of mine again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No_Vti186Tk&t=122s

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Branco's incoherent rambling is so funny. Apparently the boy who cried wolf is lying about Trump and conservatives every day.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

“The Little boy who Cried, Wolf”

The what now? Can somebody break down any of the punctuation and capitalization choices in there?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The little boy who cried wolf was actually right in the end though.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

rydiafan posted:

“The Little boy who Cried, Wolf”

The what now? Can somebody break down any of the punctuation and capitalization choices in there?
It's the Little boy--Harold Little. Branco is identifying him for his friend Wolf, and when they last saw him he was amongst a group of boys, but he was the one crying. Edit: doesn't explain the cap 'Cried' well I tried.

Also the boy who cried wolf was eventually telling the truth but no one would listen so they all were horribly ravaged by a wolf.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 24, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I guess the one good thing about the liberal ANY DAY NOW is that it will end whenever Trump dies, since I don't think they'll advocate for putting a corpse in jail. But who knows!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Peepee Doodoo, he was a bad president.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Committed

Ted Rall posted:

Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks journalist who published revelations about US war crimes in Afghanistan and Iraq, is closer to being extradited to the United States to face espionage charges in a kangaroo court. Meanwhile, the criminals he exposed live comfortable lives.

First Dog on the Moon: It’s winter at our Tasmanian insta-farmlet where we have just four minutes of direct sunlight a week

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've had the busiest week so let's catch up with news from the week best we can:

China Daily

Next Target by Cai Meng 20/6

US-style Democracy by Song Chen 21/6

Biden the Bubble-boy by Luo Jie 21/6

US Self-defeating by Cai Meng 23/6

Europe then and now by Luo Jie 24/6

There's also an "article" that'll throw up this weekend.

Le Monde

21/6

by Urbs from France
The storm we didn't see
"By looking too much to the left,"
"We forgot to look at the extreme right."

22/6

by Dilem from Algeria
Gas Prices are going up
"Fill 'er up, please!"

Charlie Hebdo

This accompanied an article on issues face by laicity.

Macron offers a hand to the opposition.
"With me- or without you."

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Committed

gently caress you Rall, the marines deserve respect for their work in bringing freedom and rights in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria, what have you done for the people living in those countries?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've had the busiest week so let's catch up with news from the week best we can:

China Daily

Next Target by Cai Meng 20/6

:confused:

I Love Annie May posted:

gently caress you Rall, the marines deserve respect for their work in bringing freedom and rights in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria, what have you done for the people living in those countries?

Nah. There is no sense in blaming the individual marines, but uh, the interventions weren't well planned or executed and I wouldn't call their aftermath bringing freedom and rights.

Mind you, Assange is a shitter and WikiLeaks were never about freedom of information -- single look at their behaviour around Russia shows that well enough -- but that's Rall for you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I think Japan is being seen as allowing Nato access to gently caress around in Asia. Not sure what the context is.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I Love Annie May posted:

I don't think ironic joke posts like this are welcome in D&D.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think Japan is being seen as allowing Nato access to gently caress around in Asia. Not sure what the context is.

Context is Chinese propaganda because they want to invade Taiwan like Russia has invaded Ukraine.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

A return to form and his more classical material of the late 2000s, Rall reminds us all why he was in the alt weekly publications nationwide. Even his composition and detailing harken back to his glory days, before Gen X ironic detachment and contrarianism fell out of style. While not blazing any new trails or breaking new ground, there is a comforting familiarity to the criticism of hypocritical American imperialism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Aoi posted:

Context is Chinese propaganda because they want to invade Taiwan like Russia has invaded Ukraine.

Rather I suspect that they want to invade Taiwan completely unlike how Russia has invaded Ukraine, given what a complete clusterfuck that has been. Or, preferably, subjugate or influence Taiwan without having to resort to an actual invasion, since that is expensive and breaks poo poo even if successful.