Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Kris xK posted:

Troll Patrol or Pawnbarian. Both are vertical, one handed turnbased games with enough thinking to keep you conscious but dumb enough that you can be out of it.

Kairo's stuff is great tho.

Ooh, ty, will try these during my more awake periods! Perfect format too.

incogneato posted:

For even less thinking but more addicting than I want to admit, Merge Mayor recommended earlier in the thread is better than it should be. I'm genuinely embarrassed that I keep coming back to it. I blame new parent sleep deprivation.

Honestly a game where I can fully pass out midway through is perfect. I've been fully avoiding timers by just falling asleep for 3 hours.

Thanks for the reccs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I have no idea if it's any good yet because I just started but Paragon Pioneers seems like a cool mix between Anno and an idler. It looks like a match 3 thing from the images but it's just tapping on tiles to manually collect resources for supply chains.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

explosivo posted:

I have no idea if it's any good yet because I just started but Paragon Pioneers seems like a cool mix between Anno and an idler. It looks like a match 3 thing from the images but it's just tapping on tiles to manually collect resources for supply chains.

Ive been playing it and thats my impression of it too. Its quite slow, or maybe im just incredibly inefficient.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Game seems pretty neat so far, actually. It seems like it's almost exactly the same setup as Anno where you have classes of citizens that you have to keep happy by ever increasingly complex supply chains. The translation is rough but also kinda funny so it evens out. Ngl I'm digging the concept of a pocket Anno that is always working away even with the app closed.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played about 4-5 years ago. It was a Korean social/dating sim thing that you play over the course of one or two weeks. It was based on like a chat interface and the characters (anime boys) would periodically @ you into their conversations throughout the day where you could participate and gain those valuable friendship points or whatever, otherwise the conversation would happen without you. I vaguely remember it being about hackers, I thought it was pretty neat.

Does anyone know what game I'm talking about?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Beartaco posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played about 4-5 years ago. It was a Korean social/dating sim thing that you play over the course of one or two weeks. It was based on like a chat interface and the characters (anime boys) would periodically @ you into their conversations throughout the day where you could participate and gain those valuable friendship points or whatever, otherwise the conversation would happen without you. I vaguely remember it being about hackers, I thought it was pretty neat.

Does anyone know what game I'm talking about?

Mystic Messenger?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
dawncaster's pretty neat. slay the spire-ish game where you pick cards to make a deck etc. it has a more linear structure than sts (each act has a fixed amount of encounters, you can pick 1 of 3 until you finish out that act's "deck" of encounters) and some interesting character creation stuff with different starting weapons, talents, perks

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Into the Breach coming (sort of) to Android:

https://twitter.com/subsetgames/status/1540017509901799424?t=EUs5Np-XsEk3HDOGjy8dxw&s=19

The surprise announcement is a physical release for Switch.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Wait hang on what's this about Netflix offering apps?? :dafuq: is this their attempt at making a competing app store like amazon was/probably still is doing?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

GetDunked posted:

Wait hang on what's this about Netflix offering apps?? :dafuq: is this their attempt at making a competing app store like amazon was/probably still is doing?

If you have a netflix subscription you can get games for free on play store. It's not a separate app store.

Some of the games are actually quite good and none of them have microtransactions or ads.

Into the breach for the price of netflix sub is really good value imo.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

WaltherFeng posted:

If you have a netflix subscription you can get games for free on play store. It's not a separate app store.

Some of the games are actually quite good and none of them have microtransactions or ads.

What if your Netflix account is on a different email address than your Play Store account?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

New Leaf posted:

What if your Netflix account is on a different email address than your Play Store account?

Doesn't matter, it asks for your netflix login to verify iirc. There should also be a games tab in your netflix mobile app to see them there.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

New Leaf posted:

The game asks you to login to your netflix account when playing so it doesnt matter.

I downloaded the games on my play store account but logged in with my wife's netflix

Edit: beaten

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Speaking of weird mobile Netflix games... Poinpy is pretty fun. Made by the creator of Downwell.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

WaltherFeng posted:

I've never bothered installing any because I assumed they were trashy microgames (until this Into the Breach announcement). What are some good Netflix games?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Farquar posted:

I've never bothered installing any because I assumed they were trashy microgames (until this Into the Breach announcement). What are some good Netflix games?
The only one so far that caught my eye was Shatter. That was a stylish Arkanoid/Breakout update for PS3.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Farquar posted:

Havent tried them all but Arkanum is an interesting card / roguelike game and Moonlighter is a 2D action rpg.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Yeah, if you've got Netflix and haven't played Poinpy, you should, it rules. I haven't tried the android version of Moonlighter, but that game's pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to them putting out Spiritfarer on mobile, I've wanted to play that one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Davedave24 posted:

Yeah, if you've got Netflix and haven't played Poinpy, you should, it rules. I haven't tried the android version of Moonlighter, but that game's pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to them putting out Spiritfarer on mobile, I've wanted to play that one.

Oh, is Spiritfarer coming? :toot:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh, is Spiritfarer coming? :toot:

Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSvixpnfE0

Terra Nil and Kentucky Route Zero are the other two that caught my attention as well for upcoming. Terra Nil is really interesting as the pc version had a demo earlier this year but not a release yet. Meanwhile, it appears netflix picked it up for a mobile port.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Poinpy is great, thanks for the rec. I also had no clue about this Netflix poo poo so I've also downloaded moonlighter to try since the chief complaint seems to be about the touch controls and I'm looking for controller games.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh no.... I just went to get Moonlighter, and it said "device not supported".

Please please PLEASE let ITB work on my phone :ohdear:

Edit:

Cross posted from the ITB thread:

Wooooo!

Subset Games posted:

Alongside the Advanced Edition, we will also be bringing Into the Breach to Android and iOS devices! We have partnered with Netflix for this mobile version, so it will be free to play on both phone and tablet devices for everyone with a Netflix subscription.

I was worried it wouldn't be for phones, but this looks like it will be.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 24, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh lol Moonlighter doesn't have controller support. A game that is out on consoles.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
IDK what it is with android and controller support but a lot of devs seem to just give up and ignore it. Even Genshin Impact with its 9-digit development budget doesn't support controllers on android (but it does on iphone/ps4/pc).

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

IDK what it is with android and controller support but a lot of devs seem to just give up and ignore it. Even Genshin Impact with its 9-digit development budget doesn't support controllers on android (but it does on iphone/ps4/pc).

What % of players use it, what % of conversions involve it, etc.

When I switched from Apple to Android with my phone I was blown away that I (still, 3 or 4 years later) my bank HSBC doesn't let me do NFC purchases with it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Apex only supports BT controllers, not USB for some reason. On Android of course, on iOS everything works.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

What % of players use it, what % of conversions involve it, etc.

When I switched from Apple to Android with my phone I was blown away that I (still, 3 or 4 years later) my bank HSBC doesn't let me do NFC purchases with it.

Through their app or through google pay?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

Through their app or through google pay?

Neither work!

e: in that you can't set it up in their app.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm way late to the party but Slice & Dice is super fun. Good job goon buddy!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Field Mousepad posted:

I'm way late to the party but Slice & Dice is super fun. Good job goon buddy!

I bought it as well recently and it's great. Makes me feel smart (on normal).

Here's my first clear by pure luck

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Fwiw it counts as a win if you both die the same turn. And join us in the S&S thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982295 :)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

quite stretched out posted:

dawncaster's pretty neat. slay the spire-ish game where you pick cards to make a deck etc. it has a more linear structure than sts (each act has a fixed amount of encounters, you can pick 1 of 3 until you finish out that act's "deck" of encounters) and some interesting character creation stuff with different starting weapons, talents, perks

Been playing a bit of this, though I think I kind of ruined it for myself when on my second ever attempt I found a combo with the arcanist that let me first turn kill the 666hp Demon, nothing else has even come close to that

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Been playing a bit of this, though I think I kind of ruined it for myself when on my second ever attempt I found a combo with the arcanist that let me first turn kill the 666hp Demon, nothing else has even come close to that

I got a 3 mana strength card that was "make a basic attack for each card in your hand", using the Warhammer (2 base damage add brittle equal to damage dealt). So each hit effectively adds the base damage to the next hit.

Now swap the energy cost with a zero cost spell via shrine, add memorized and persistent, then clone it with a shrine of mirrors. And get 2 level up perks to draw +1 and +2 cards per turn. Oh and imbue the enchant for "basic attacks deal +1 damage per basic attack used this combat".

Killed everything from that point, final boss included, in one turn. Game is fun!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been playing it too and really enjoying it, although the runs go a loooong time and usually span a couple nights for me. Not that it's an issue but it feels like the difficulty doesn't really ramp up until the third or fourth "world"

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I got a 3 mana strength card that was "make a basic attack for each card in your hand", using the Warhammer (2 base damage add brittle equal to damage dealt). So each hit effectively adds the base damage to the next hit.

Now swap the energy cost with a zero cost spell via shrine, add memorized and persistent, then clone it with a shrine of mirrors. And get 2 level up perks to draw +1 and +2 cards per turn. Oh and imbue the enchant for "basic attacks deal +1 damage per basic attack used this combat".

Killed everything from that point, final boss included, in one turn. Game is fun!

Nice. Mine was abusing chain, I got a like 10 of the no cost cards that add 2 chain, and if you've played 3 cards that turn you also draw a card. I also imbued an enchant that every 3 chain you gain you draw a card. Then I had 4 twin lightnings, that have chain, echo. Level up perk of first turn double starting energy, every fight was just first turn get chain to 30 while maxing out hand size, cast a few zaps and twin lightnings and watch stuff melt

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Just noticed the special tribes in Polytopia are all on sale for half price (Steam version too). I've played this game for years without ever touching the modified rules tribes.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

i had a run with warmaces where i got the "every upgrade applies twice" perk from the random encounter plus a "decrease the cost of your basic attacks" effect and just absolutely stacked upgrades on my basic attack. i had a memorized +50 warmace so i would just chain 2-3 warmaces and instagib things

President in Residence
May 12, 2003

I've really been enjoying Magic Survival. Is there a separate thread for it? I'd love to read about various builds and find out more about how the items and spells actually work.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

President in Residence posted:

I've really been enjoying Magic Survival. Is there a separate thread for it? I'd love to read about various builds and find out more about how the items and spells actually work.

We've talked about it a bit itt but there's no thread for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

President in Residence posted:

try the vampire survivors thread, it's a bit of a catch-all for the subgenre rn