Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Papercut posted:

I don't doubt his skills, I just doubt whether he's gonna be able to play 40 healthy games per year

He has no injury history and there is literally no reason to think he’ll develop one outside of him being thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
People had the exact same worries about Evan Mobley.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

dokmo posted:

People had the exact same worries about Evan Mobley.

Seems like an outdated and unfounded bias imo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Papes posted:

He has no injury history and there is literally no reason to think he’ll develop one outside of him being thin.

Because he plays so light.

If he stays light he probably won't be able to play the NBA role people have envisioned for him. If he puts on weight, you are in unchartered territory for him in terms of how his joints hold up.

It's not an unwarranted concern.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

jackofarcades posted:

Looks like Paolo quickly became the big favorite to go #1 on most odds boards.

Speculation is that the Rockets are swapping with Orlando?

If the Rockets trade up to 1 and don’t take Chet, they’re moronic.

Jabari vs. Paolo is a coin flip, so there’s zero reason to give up assets to swap for either of them.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1540028556926918660

deals

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
For whatever its worth p3 has chet with no red flags at all movement wise. He’s blessed to Have been trained by smart people since age 12

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

"McLovin Kaiju" is one of those things I'll randomly think about for years to come and laugh

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Yeah nobody wants Chet to beef up to 240 and bang up with embiid in the low post. He’s gonna be a mobile “big” who can use his stretch Armstrong body to disrupt shots.

Maybe he does get injured which would suck, but there’s certainly nothing known at this point that makes him more prone to injury than any other prospect.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Because he plays so light.

If he stays light he probably won't be able to play the NBA role people have envisioned for him. If he puts on weight, you are in unchartered territory for him in terms of how his joints hold up.

It's not an unwarranted concern.

This is true of 90% of all incoming rookies.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

This is true of 90% of all incoming rookies.

I mean, sure but this is a pretty big outlier.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Deals!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

I mean, sure but this is a pretty big outlier.

In what way?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Chet probably weighs like maybe 5 pounds less than Anthony Davis did coming out of college.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Giannis also was likely malnourished coming into the league

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

They did it.

Honestly way better than I figured they would be able to do with just cash. Lately even seconds haven’t been available for cash until the late 40s.

Dexo posted:

Chet probably weighs like maybe 5 pounds less than Anthony Davis did coming out of college.

I heard a podcast last night hosted by David Aldridge in the Athletic feed. He compared him to Ralph Sampson and if you look at pictures of him when first drafted or just walking around now I can see it.

That was an interesting show in general, Ryan McDonough is an interesting guest actually.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I was worried about chet's size then I remembered kd and kg now I don't really care. It's been proven that it can be done.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

Noted healthy person Anthony Davis

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Papercut posted:

Noted healthy person Anthony Davis

Noted thing smart people post who blame AD for having guys fly into his knees or blame him for people accidentally Zazaing him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

Yeah, Chet is way less built than AD was, and Chet is almost a year older than AD was when he was drafted.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I mean, he's a fine #1 pick but when the pick being injury prove means you lose your job I totally understand having reservations on his unusual body type.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Noted thing smart people post who blame AD for having guys fly into his knees or blame him for people accidentally Zazaing him.

Yeah, I don't think many (any?) of his injuries have been joint related. It's been poo poo like getting concussed by a teammate or people rolling into him or fracturing his hand from dunking too hard.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

I mean, he's a fine #1 pick but when the pick being injury prove means you lose your job I totally understand having reservations on his unusual body type.

There is no proof that he is any more injury prone than either of the other top three picks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

like also, anyone who has watched Chet games, bigger stronger people have tried to body him and he has pretty much embarrassed every single one who's tried.

This isn't to say he's going to like stonewall Embiid or some poo poo. but he's fine

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Theory: Having a big that other players will be visually tempted to try to post up will actually be an asset for whatever team drafts Chet. Baiting dudes into breaking off the team offense in favor of low-efficiency possessions

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Unrelated but I remember watching the USA vs France game where they had to put the ball in Kenneth Lofton Jr's hands because no one else could score on Vic and I still lmao

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’ve made peace with the Hornets doing something dumb to cut salary tonight, I just hope it’s vanilla dumb and not a catastrophe

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Are the Kings going to draft yet another guard?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Vox Nihili posted:

Are the Kings going to draft yet another guard?

I think they will unless they can trade out

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
who will draft large adult son ron harper jr?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the draft has an ABC broadcast again this year, nice

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

I think they will unless they can trade out

I think they trade down. I think we would have gotten a woj tweet now that's says they decided to stand pat if they didn't have something lined up.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
how could anyone root against okc running out an sga-poku-chet backcourt

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

who will draft large adult son ron harper jr?

Probably no one but I expect him to be signed with some team before the night is over.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SaberToothedPie posted:

how could anyone root against okc running out an sga-poku-chet backcourt

And you're not even mentioning Giddey!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Very excited to see three children of legends go 1-2-3. It will be heartwarming to see Rhonda, Jabari and Slenderman watching their kids make their next big step

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I am hoping my team does something smart and good tonight.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

wandler20 posted:

And you're not even mentioning Giddey!

hes point forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPaR1-ubtDM