Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Orthanc6 posted:

Trump needs to be charged with sedition for the US to survive. I'm convinced this is the only viable path.

It can't be just trump. The GOP had a huge hand in this. This was discussed and planned. There were meetings. Charlie kirk was bragging about paying for busses to transport people, and so was ginni Thomas.

January 6 was our beer hall pustch. The planners and financiers need to go to jail. All of them. For a long time. Roger stone, the fuckers that asked for pardons, anyone that loving breathed on this plot needs to go under the jail. Anything else just delays the next coup.

It's the only way America survives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

generic one posted:

“You guys may not be following the internet like I do.”

Thread title right here, if it fits. That or:
“You guys may not be following the Jan 6 Hearings like I do”

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dr. Faustus posted:

Saving the best for last today and a prefect cliffhanger for hearing six!

There could be a seventh hearing!

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Meatball posted:

It can't be just trump. The GOP had a huge hand in this. This was discussed and planned. There were meetings. Charlie kirk was bragging about paying for busses to transport people, and so was ginni Thomas.

January 6 was our beer hall pustch. The planners and financiers need to go to jail. All of them. For a long time. Roger stone, the fuckers that asked for pardons, anyone that loving breathed on this plot needs to go under the jail. Anything else just delays the next coup.

It's the only way America survives.

This is pretty much what I am thinking also. I don't know how the country can continue to be functional if something this egregious isn't punished. I understand that charging him risks setting off people in his base, but I think there is a real chance of unrest as well if there aren't repercussions for this. And the next attempt will likely be attempted by someone more competent than Trump.

The disheartening thing is hearing people that are testifying say they would vote for Trump again against Biden.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ted Cruz didn't ask for a pardon. I wonder if that's foresight or arrogance on his part. Because he was part of the green bay sweep.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ted Cruz didn't ask for a pardon. I wonder if that's foresight or arrogance on his part. Because he was part of the green bay sweep.

He likely knew he wouldn't get it because Trump hates his rear end like everyone else in DC.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Oracle posted:

He likely knew he wouldn't get it because Trump hates his rear end like everyone else in DC.

To piggyback: ever single person in the world hates Ted Cruz. Because he's an annoying pissant and is basically purchasable as a mouthpiece regardless of cause

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

th3t00t posted:

"Levying war isn't limited to formally declaring war. It includes any forcible opposition to the execution of a public law. Such "forcible opposition" ordinarily requires actual use of force by multiple people with the common purpose of preventing some law from being enforced. Weapons aren't always required; sheer numbers can be enough.

Merely conspiring to overthrow the government isn't levying war—there must be an actual assemblage of people who are ready and intend to use force. (But see "Related Crimes," below.) So, no person acting alone can be guilty of levying war."

Pretty sure :doink: Jack McCoy :doink: could easily turn what Trump did on 1/6 into a guilty verdict for treason.

Conspiring to overthrow the government and then calling on people to use force to do so is levying war.

yeah, I quoted that. However you're skipping the part about having to have two witnesses swear that it happened, in front of them, which you ain't gonna get, because anyone in that room to witness it was part of it and they aren't going to squeal on themselves, and they're all terrified of the Trumpstaffel coming to get them so much they all swear they'd vote for his treasonous rear end if he ran again, even as they detail his crimes under oath.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Ted Cruz is one of many people who actually could have a preemptive pardon and we still do not know.

Yeah let's tick some boxes:
Rhonda McDaniel Romney, on video, admitting the loving RNC was assisting the Trump staff in the plot to send fake electors to the Congress. That's one of the worst crimes involved here, and it implicated the RNC as a whole.
We now know Gaetz, Brooks, Perry, Biggs, Gohmert reqested pardons. MTG and Jordan called to ask about them but stopped short of making the request to Meadows and his staff.
Don't forget Judge Carter made Eastman turn over a lot of documents and some of them are from Donald Trump, including two "hand-written notes," so those could appear at any time.
In the meantime we also have Donahue testifying Trump kept telling him to just say the election is corrupt and leave the rest to Trump's co-conspirators.
Ron Johnson offering to carry and hand-deliver the alternate slates of electors for BOTH WI an MI because the Nat'l Archives got them, but never did anything with them. Then lying about it by pretending to be on the phone and then putting his phone down without ever pretending to even say anything into it, like, you know, "Bye."

There is so much more but I need a break to soak this up. Someone take over for me!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 23, 2022

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Oracle posted:

yeah, I quoted that. However you're skipping the part about having to have two witnesses swear that it happened, in front of them, which you ain't gonna get, because anyone in that room to witness it was part of it and they aren't going to squeal on themselves, and they're all terrified of the Trumpstaffel coming to get them so much they all swear they'd vote for his treasonous rear end if he ran again, even as they detail his crimes under oath.
Mo Brooks has agreed to testify live before the committee under conditions.

That's one.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

its because cruz isnt a moron fully. the house chuds are all the true believers and nut jobs.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They literally tried to orchestrate a loving coup.

However and please this is for reference not some rightwing talking point:

The democrats orchestrated a rebellion and were not banned as a party. So nothing major will happen to the GOP as a party.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

generic one posted:

“You guys may not be following the internet like I do.”

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
"Events occur in real time." :twentyfour:
https://twitter.com/SimonWDC/status/1539788907545501696
This mid-season break is going to be brutal.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I can just see this getting turned into a qanon style thing of OUR LEADERS are being turned into clones we must rescue them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

quote:

"They were angry from the standpoint of what happened in the election,” Mr Trump told filmmaker Alex Holder.

lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I didn't realize that Clark had his house searched and all of his electronic devices taken by doj folks. Turns out I didn't realize that had happened because it only happened yesterday

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/06/23/jeffrey-clark-house-search/

also lol that this is the clark that trump staked all of his legal hopes on

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

To piggyback: ever single person in the world hates Ted Cruz. Because he's an annoying pissant and is basically purchasable as a mouthpiece regardless of cause
he's richer, happier, and healthier than anyone in this thread will ever be.

maybe we shouldn't have made it so crime plays?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Have to be an absolute idiot to not have deleted all your poo poo form 1/6 off any of that stuff.

So what I'm saying his he definitely has not

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jaxyon posted:

Have to be an absolute idiot to not have deleted all your poo poo form 1/6 off any of that stuff.

So what I'm saying his he definitely has not

given all the different people that are currently cooperating and the fact that devices on every end of most significant communication efforts have been seized, it's honestly less stupid to just face the consequences than to add a thousand slam dunk federal destruction of evidence charges on top of whatever people already have going for them.

We're more at the flee the country than 'maybe if i destroy some evidence i can get out of this' stage.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Mo Brooks has agreed to testify live before the committee under conditions.

That's one.

You're assuming he was in the room where it happened, the room where it happened.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

given all the different people that are currently cooperating and the fact that devices on every end of most significant communication efforts have been seized, it's honestly less stupid to just face the consequences than to add a thousand slam dunk federal destruction of evidence charges on top of whatever people already have going for them.

We're more at the flee the country than 'maybe if i destroy some evidence i can get out of this' stage.

Kind of hard to get to Russia nowadays what with all the sanctions and all.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Quaint. Cute. Adorable.

That is how I described the way Watergate will look once this Coup story starts emerging and especially when the indictments start going out.

Anyone and everyone in my personal life who has berated me, condescended to me, and forced me to keep politics to myself so they didn't have to feel uncomfortable will have to loving re-apply for my respect or simply eat my ENTIRE rear end.

gently caress decorum and gently caress their feelings. I was suicidal last October after my best friend from High School hosed me over (over politics) and my own sister hasn't spoken to me because she tried to speak to me like she would withhold support for me in the future for "alienating" her. This has been pure loving misery since Trump won 2016 and there is not enough therapy, Prozac, or pot in the universe to smooth that poo poo over.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

They literally tried to orchestrate a loving coup.

However and please this is for reference not some rightwing talking point:

The democrats orchestrated a rebellion and were not banned as a party. So nothing major will happen to the GOP as a party.

If only we could right both of those wrongs and get rid of both of them. Then again, capital will just get more fascist if we take away it's wedge.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Quaint. Cute. Adorable.

That is how I described the way Watergate will look once this Coup story starts emerging and especially when the indictments start going out.

Anyone and everyone in my personal life who has berated me, condescended to me, and forced me to keep politics to myself so they didn't have to feel uncomfortable will have to loving re-apply for my respect or simply eat my ENTIRE rear end.

gently caress decorum and gently caress their feelings. I was suicidal last October after my best friend from High School hosed me over (over politics) and my own sister hasn't spoken to me because she tried to speak to me like she would withhold support for me in the future for "alienating" her. This has been pure loving misery since Trump won 2016 and there is not enough therapy, Prozac, or pot in the universe to smooth that poo poo over.

At the office right now and just laughed way too hard at this.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

InsertPotPun posted:

healthier than anyone in this thread will ever be.

I hate to do this, but: citation needed. Ted Cruz is a blobby piece of poo poo, the man is not healthy to begin with, and I'm pretty certain that at least a handful of people posting in this thread are emphatically healthier than he is.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont think ted cruz is happy

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

How are u posted:

I hate to do this, but: citation needed. Ted Cruz is a blobby piece of poo poo, the man is not healthy to begin with, and I'm pretty certain that at least a handful of people posting in this thread are emphatically healthier than he is.

Don't body shame people as "blobby". Even if they're lovely.

You don't know his health or anyone else. It's none of your business.

There's about 15 billion better and easier ways to shame Ted Cruz without doing this.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Jaxyon posted:

There's about 15 billion better and easier ways to shame Ted Cruz without doing this.

hes fat and ugly and makes blobfish look good by comparison OP

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 24, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hes fat and ugly and makes blobfish look good by comparison OP

We get it, you hate fat people

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
At this point, I think the only :master: Biden's got is to announce criminal indictments against Trump and everyone involved and explain to the nation that he will not be pursuing a second term because he doesn't want there to be a perception that he's trying to knock out his likely opponent in the general.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i hate ted cruz not fat people lol

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Lager posted:

Hahaha oh boy, I heard Gaetz, Brooks, Biggs, Perry, and Gohmert...Did I miss any names?

Time for some of this: https://youtu.be/1Z6MJIjCJ20

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

negativeneil posted:

At this point, I think the only :master: Biden's got is to announce criminal indictments against Trump and everyone involved and explain to the nation that he will not be pursuing a second term because he doesn't want there to be a perception that he's trying to knock out his likely opponent in the general.

Harris/Abrams 2024.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Could’ve fooled me.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

So you were trying to compliment him by calling him fat and ugly?

I thought you said you hated him?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Harris/Abrams 2024.

Why you gotta harsh our mellows like this?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Jaxyon posted:

So you were trying to compliment him by calling him fat and ugly?

I thought you said you hated him?

tk posted:

Could’ve fooled me.

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Jaxyon posted:

Adding to this, unlike the rest of us portly persons he's got cash enough to actually get the good healthcare that America says it has but only gives to the rich.

As the Cheeto in Charge proved, you can be in the worst health and still live forever if you're getting that tier of treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I don't doubt the guy has access to great healthcare, but having access does not = being healthier than everybody posting itt.