Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I found Bass Ain't Bitin' 2022 under Decks & Blades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

~Dogecoin-tan, you've fallen, let me help you up~

:carol: uwu buy the dip uwu :carol:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Thanks, kinda frustrating that the clues don't help finding things, but oh well.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Looking for fp/third person Minecraft-like cute voxel survival crafting building multiplayer games on sale (cute is important here so no 7 days/Rust/etc). Have played Creativerse (sp), Valheim, Dragon Quest Builders. Any other suggestions?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Dragon Quest Builders 2? (Unless that's what you meant)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Papercut posted:

Any thoughts on Death's Door?

Unbelievably good atmosphere and worldfeel with a very dry sense of humour. Combat is solid, boss design is great. Very solid writing too. I didn't know when I first started playing that it was by the devs of Titan Souls but when I learned that I was just like "Oh. That explains a lot."

My one complaint is that while they put in a really fun post-game scavenger hunt for secret stuff, the reward should have been a boss fight against Truth but it was just a cutscene.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The postgame stuff in death’s door is really good though because there are ingame hints for where to find things you’re missing, so you can 100% the game in a reasonable amount of time without needing to look anything up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

yeah but we're in the steam thread? :confused:

I honestly can't even fathom this being a problem. my eyes glaze over just looking at inventory screens at this point. my goal is to get out of them asap to get back to the game itself

i have got the DLC for the yakuzases I've played so far and I collect all that junk ASAP and aside from money/consumables, it mostly sits in my inventory anyway. You never worry about money in those games, they give you some easy cheesy source of infinite money at some points or others. the weapons they give you are like most weapons I get, never used unless there's come completion points in it for me to use em. weapons won't really break the game, just some animation variety for a few swings of a fight. can't remember which one but DLC gave me some golden cannon gun or fish laser and it broke the first fight after I blocked with it briefly, not even realizing it cost durability to do so.

Y7 DLC adds some fun classes, even if they aren't "better" than the defaults-- it's the kind of game to me where "better" to me means "getting to see my new friends in kiss makeup" anyway.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

out of curiosity what's the average length of game you play because for me the criticism "it gets old fast" doesn't matter all that much when the entirety of the game is less than 10 hours long but my standard metric is playing stuff that lasts for 40, 50 hours a pop

death's door isn't that long but feels much longer, in a bad way

the lousy navigation combined with the fairly repetitive gameplay wears down the aesthetic appeal pretty fast

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I wish Death’s Door zoomed out a bit more when you run around

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Creeper World 4 has co-op? does that even work well?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

quote:

It's Probably Fine

You’ve got 37 unpaid parking tickets. You just got pulled over for speeding. In your defense, you were texting your sister about how drunk you are. Plus there’s all that blood on your windshield. Obviously you know it’s deer blood, but the police officers walking toward your vehicle don’t. Still, in the time it takes them to figure that out, maybe you’ll sober up. Or escape on foot! Either way, it’ll probably be fine.

I want to play this

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Does Sekiro have any jump scares and horror? I'm...really bad them, and I feel like Sekiro is the type of game that would have a number of really shocking ones...

Pretty sure I'd love the combat and everything else, but I'm trying to understand the "intensity" of what to expect, if that makes sense. Like if there are any, are they Bloodborne-style "dark enemy in dark corner you can't see suddenly moving" or is it closer to "full on in your face experience overload"? Because I really, really can't handle the latter unless it's sufficiently signposted or I get a massive heads up.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Artelier posted:

Does Sekiro have any jump scares and horror? I'm...really bad them, and I feel like Sekiro is the type of game that would have a number of really shocking ones...

Yeah, some

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Artelier posted:

Pretty sure I'd love the combat and everything else, but I'm trying to understand the "intensity" of what to expect, if that makes sense. Like if there are any, are they Bloodborne-style "dark enemy in dark corner you can't see suddenly moving" or is it closer to "full on in your face experience overload"? Because I really, really can't handle the latter unless it's sufficiently signposted or I get a massive heads up.

how do you feel about unexpected arrivals of monkeys, apes?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Artelier posted:

Sekiro doesn’t really have any jump scares in the “ooga-booga” sense, though there are some attacks/ambushes likely to catch you off guard

enemy design is also way tamer than BB, unless you have a particular aversion to centipedes

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

kazil posted:

Yeah, some

It does? Can you remind me because the only one I can possibly think of is big snake

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mordja posted:

It does? Can you remind me because the only one I can possibly think of is big snake

Not a ton of jump scares in the traditional sense, though there is big snake, some surprise kite nightjars, headless ape coming back to life

There is a ton of body horror though

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

edit: How's Craftopia? Seems pretty split in reviews whether it is finished enough to be fun to play. It seems like one of the few multiplayer survival craft games* that isn't gritty as gently caress.

ymgve posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2? (Unless that's what you meant)

Yeah and it's not very good multiplayer. Looking for something that's primarily multiplayer.

* that are not Stationeers, Valheim, Creativerse, DQ Builders

FuzzySlippers fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 24, 2022

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Are there any of those Steam skins that have a "notes" section on the wishlist? I don't remember why I added most of these, so I'm not super excited about anything on sale...

I'm gonna get Gleaner Heights, that Lynch Stardew which is 50% off, and I guess Wartales which is 20% off and I'm gonna buy eventually anyway. It's gettin co-op soon. I've had an eye on Telepath tactics for a while, which is right in my wheelhouse, but also supposed to be not very good, that's only ten percent off.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thanks everyone for the sekiro warnings! Especially the following :

kazil posted:

Not a ton of jump scares in the traditional sense, though there is big snake, some surprise kite nightjars, headless ape coming back to life

Gonna look those spoilered terms up to prepare

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Artelier posted:

Thanks everyone for the sekiro warnings! Especially the following :

Gonna look those spoilered terms up to prepare
It's not a scary game. It's 3rd person! You're more likely to say "aw godDAMNIT" rather than get spooked.

Much more likely.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The Joe Man posted:

It's not a scary game. It's 3rd person! You're more likely to say "aw godDAMNIT" rather than get spooked.

Much more likely.

I am very bad at jump scares and horror in general I cannot stress that enough! I couldn't finish Dusk because I was too stressed because of the face enemy!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

boofhead posted:

steam clue answers:
2. Custard Castle Small Claims Court

Yeah, that does not exist in my client (EU).
Good troll, Valve.

Googling turns up this product page
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2025180

Opening the URL on the web page while logged in doesn't do anything (other than taking you to the Clorthax clue page, but it does not advance progress).

Pasting the URL into the Steam console does the same thing.

Maybe don't bother at all with this crap if you can't even be arsed to have an intern test it.
(It's 2:00 am local time, servers should be fine by now).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

kazil posted:

The kite nightjars are some of the funniest enemies in videogames. First time I got hit by one I didn't even realise what the gently caress had gotten me; I was fighting the other two at the start of the castle roof, started moving and suddenly heard aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and loving exploded. Dude died in the explosion or by my swings, so it wasn't until I got hit by the second one that I went 'ok where the gently caress did he come from' and I spotted the kite that I put 2 and 2 together.

God, Sekiro is so loving good.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mcbexx posted:

Good troll, Valve.

Opening the URL on the web page while logged in doesn't do anything (other than taking you to the Clorthax clue page, but it does not advance progress).

Maybe don't bother at all with this crap if you can't even be arsed to have an intern test it.

Look harder.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Good troll, Valve.

They don't actually have pages. The "game" is that you're supposed to find them on the genre store pages and then click on them, which will activate the next step.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

ah jeez, Wartales doesn't have controller support? Telepath tactics doesn't either?

code vein has a heavy discount, and Forgone which somebody mentioned a minute ago is only five bucks. maybe those and a vampire survivors ripoff or two

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I skipped over the Consecration Of Esthme twice because I thought it was a Dear Esther sequel/knock-off, lol.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

mcbexx posted:

Yeah, you can't visit the games themselves - you have to click the altered 'add to cart' button next to them in a store list to 'redeem' them as an answer.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Bad Seafood posted:

I skipped over the Consecration Of Esthme twice because I thought it was a Dear Esther sequel/knock-off, lol.

got me as well

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Remember when Steam sales would get their own threads, and be dozens of pages long within a few hours? :allears: Different era for both Steam and SA

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

Remember when Steam sales would get their own threads, and be dozens of pages long within a few hours? :allears: Different era for both Steam and SA

Flash sales put the fear of God in goons for missing out on a good deal. Or even better, rushing to grab massive price mistakes before they were fixed.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021
Holy poo poo, this years mini-game was awful.

Glad I'm done.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my cart so far:

Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - $24
Grapple Dog - $10
Dysmantle - $11.59
Northern Journey - $8.99
Cleo: A Pirate's Tale - $5.24
Okinawa Rush - $7.99
Night Reverie - $6.99
Gleaner Heights - $4.99
Alekon - $6.07
Anopek - $3.49
MagiCat - $1.24

total - $90.62

i had Gujian3 in there but then I saw that they still haven't removed the forced-online DRM which is wack for a single-player game

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont think the point was for it to be fun, just to make you look at games that are available for purchase. same as putting cards at the end of the discovery queue.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Can't see that fishing one anywhere I look. I'll try again another day I suppose. What a stupid minigame.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Rinkles posted:

forums dyin' rinkles

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Reminder that the Humble Monthly drops 7/5 before the summer sale ends on 7/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rinkles posted:

this forum is dead and gay but Steam sales haven't been good/exciting for like 8 years now. Recent AA releases would drop 80-90%. poo poo was insane