Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1540160321867993088 lmfao why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Why is this being announced as a proposed trade? The Wood trade already happened

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Intruder posted:

Why is this being announced as a proposed trade? The Wood trade already happened

Can't happen until the pick goes through because of the Stepien rule

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Intruder posted:

It apparently actually is being held up until next week for some reason.

E: ^^ that makes sense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Protected 1st are pretty worthless heh

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Man, this TyTy guy must have really botched all his pre draft workouts.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Huge W for okc today

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Miami Heat have Nikola Jokic at home.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Just what Miami needed: a white shooter

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Mega Mozzart is a sweet team name

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Le Saboteur posted:

Miami Heat have Nikola Jokic at home.

I was really hoping the Nuggets would take him

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

lol

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1540161591504691201

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Those are 3 worthless picks. They just didn't want to pay no 11...

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Nikola Jovic played against grown men

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The master plan was to draft a tall white shooter to draw Robert Williams away from the paint

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Ty Ty must be made of pure bitcoin

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Really like that swing for Golden State, unfortunately.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lmao

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

nachos posted:

The master plan was to draft a tall white shooter to draw Robert Williams away from the paint

I remember when the Mavs tried to do this to Tim Duncan by trading for Raef LaFrentz

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Nikola Jovic played against grown men
To be fair, there are draft picks from days of yore who who worked their craft by playing against chairs.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Disband the Knickerbockers organization.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I remember when the Mavs tried to do this to Tim Duncan by trading for Raef LaFrentz

lot of raef slander lately, and i don't like it. raef was cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Paracaidas posted:

It's definitely the team that can best afford to wait on him being better maybe.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Was Patrick Baldwin one of the players who stunk up their predraft workouts? Sounds familiar.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Drunk Canuck posted:

When you get a chance to turn one first round pick into three* first round** picks*** you take it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This seems like a good return to me assuming the Detroit pick actually conveys? Decent shot at ending up with two late lotto picks somewhere between 2024-27.

(I am operating under the assumption that a lot of teams didn't see picks outside of the top 10 of this draft as worth much)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i was playing video games please tell me about the handsome man Cleveland drafted

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Paracaidas posted:

Baldwin has Curry ankles. Guess he went to the right place.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Drunk Canuck posted:

So that pick from Denver will probably be in the 20s next year, if Washington loses Beal they might get their pick in about five years, and they might not get Detroit's 1st for 3-4 years. Great job

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
TyTy could be a nice fit for Houston.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Crazy Ted posted:

So that pick from Denver will probably be in the 20s next year, if Washington loses Beal they might get their pick in about five years, and they might not get Detroit's 1st for 3-4 years. Great job

That Denver pick went to Charlotte

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ajkalan posted:

Was Patrick Baldwin one of the players who stunk up their predraft workouts? Sounds familiar.
He was also disappointing in his one college season, considering both his recruiting ranking and the fact that he played for a mid-major.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

That pick compensation is a pyramid scheme. Someone call the SEC

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

morestuff posted:

That Denver pick went to Charlotte

That’s right and Knicks got that 2025 Bucks pick it looks:

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1540163720155996160?s=20&t=N5IZE8nEhlvAOyXMOjsQWg

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Knicks can salvage the draft by taking Ron Harper Jr

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

That pick compensation is a pyramid scheme. Someone call the SEC

You just haven't done the research. In the future all business transactions will be done through protected first round picks.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Knicks are mirroring their Wall Street brethren by making complex trades too fast for people to keep up with.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I would not have drafted Peyton Watson at 60.

E: well I guess anything goes in the second round but I would not draft him in the first.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So the Wolves get Alec Kessler's nephew and TyTy Junior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

rafael stone is pretty good at drafts