Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Remember on PS3 when PSN was just down for like 3 months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Fallen Order sounds good on paper but they actually took the worst parts of Souls and Uncharted and mashed them together. A lightsaber shouldn't feel like a pool toy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I understand they wanted to keep it T or whatever but yeah, the little battle scars it adds while you’re wailing on someone is so stupid.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah vidja games rarely do lightsabres well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You will never ever hear me say this otherwise, but lightsaber combat should steal Sekiro mechanics so the blow only truly hoes through on posture break

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Fallen Order sounds good on paper but they actually took the worst parts of Souls and Uncharted and mashed them together. A lightsaber shouldn't feel like a pool toy

It's boring as gently caress. Every element of it is the worst it could be.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Played one round of Naraka. No, no thank you.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

SUNKOS posted:

Jedi: Fallen Order is on sale and with the sequel that was revealed looking good and Respawn being solid devs, is it worth grabbing? Seems like a mix between Uncharted and Dark Souls. Reviews praise it but I think some people here complained about some parts of the game being annoying?

If you like Star Wars it's a must play. There are plenty of issues with it and navigating the maps if you're a completionist is absolutely tedious, but it's still a fun game with a good story. Graphics are great too, though if you're playing on Xbox One or PS4 base consoles, 30FPS will give you quite sluggish controls.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Zurtilik posted:

Anyone play Fable II lately? I feel like I've had a surprisingly high amount of freezes.

I had a run through it about a year ago with no issues at all. On the SX.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my first compy was a 2001 viao with dual freaking memory Stick slots, and a sick 1024x768 LCD panel with speakers. and then my first console was a PS1. imagine how much of a sony fan boy I was until the ps3 and killing back compat when every electronic thing in my life that was good was a Sony lol. I even had an awesome Sony CD player with anti skip that actually worked. for the like 2 years that I was a kid wanting to listen to music on the bus and mp3 players still sucked or were insanely expensive

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fable 2 has the honor of being the first game i can remember with an obtrusive in game ad for dlc, where the very first chest in the game contains not a reward but a call to action letter from the devs.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

If you like Star Wars it's a must play. There are plenty of issues with it and navigating the maps if you're a completionist is absolutely tedious, but it's still a fun game with a good story. Graphics are great too, though if you're playing on Xbox One or PS4 base consoles, 30FPS will give you quite sluggish controls.

I found on a series S that the frame rate is really poor at times. If you swing the camera around on Dathomir it's quite jerky. Good game though and worth persevering. I think the best looking stuff is in the opening though. Not finished yet mind.

Edit: Other thoughts- it feels a bit poundshop Elden Ring in terms of combat abilities, the things you pick up are purely decorative things for your light sabre, which you can't actually see well anyway. Or new poncho stuff. Felt extremely unnecessary. But definitely the game is worth playing. But don't fart around, just play through the main story.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 24, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SUNKOS posted:

Jedi: Fallen Order is on sale and with the sequel that was revealed looking good and Respawn being solid devs, is it worth grabbing? Seems like a mix between Uncharted and Dark Souls. Reviews praise it but I think some people here complained about some parts of the game being annoying?

I haaaated it. It’s insanely buggy and it feels like they decided to add souls gameplay without considering if it would be fun in the context of a Star Wars game.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I don't care much for Star Wars anymore and I enjoyed Fallen Order. It's very Souls-lite and not as mechanically solid as the games From Software makes, but it was good enough IMO and I thought the story was mostly fine.

A must-play for poncho enthusiasts.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I like the fable games. They’re mindless

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Blue Raider posted:

I like the fable games. They’re mindless

They're really good, I'm excited to see what they'll do with the fourth if it ever gets released.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Remember on PS3 when PSN was just down for like 3 months?

Roughly one month after I got my ps3.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fable Lost Chapters is GOATed

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

John F Bennett posted:

I had a run through it about a year ago with no issues at all. On the SX.

I had another game freeze too on my Series S. I don't like this. :smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Fable 2 has the honor of being the first game i can remember with an obtrusive in game ad for dlc, where the very first chest in the game contains not a reward but a call to action letter from the devs.

I think it was Dragon Age for me because it had a quest icon at the camp and dialog that terminated in "buy the DLC"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Played one round of Naraka. No, no thank you.

I've played like 5 rounds and think its fun. I guess I'll see if I stick with it when I start getting matched with 400 ping gods from China

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I've played like 5 rounds and think its fun. I guess I'll see if I stick with it when I start getting matched with 400 ping gods from China

Im on the china server I think over here and like, them being gods isn't the issue so much as its a genre I dont care for with some sloppy as poo poo feeling combat.

Does feature innovation in the genre of "titty ninja"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fallen Order is very okay. It’s an okay Uncharted clone. It’s an okay Dark Souls clone. It’s an okay Metroid clone. It’s an okay Star Wars story. It does a lot of things okay and doesn’t really do anything exceptional except for having a Mongolian throat-singing metal song in the soundtrack.

There’s a lot of tension between the different genres it’s trying to be at once. The linear Uncharted setpieces don’t agree well with Metroidvania backtracking for collectibles since they require a linear path that can only be traversed in one direction. It being a cinematic story-driven game also means that exploration is always something you need to deliberately halt your progress for and never something that happens organically

I’m probably never gonna replay it because the cutscenes are unskippable.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I played the first level of fallen order and I was like wow this kicks rear end! And then it dumped me in some swamp with a bunch of medium sized angry lizards. Sorry game, put me back on a runaway train to fucksville or I'm done (I was done).

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Im on the china server I think over here and like, them being gods isn't the issue so much as its a genre I dont care for with some sloppy as poo poo feeling combat.

Does feature innovation in the genre of "titty ninja"

I think the combat feels ok, it's not super tight but the idea of uninterruptable focus attacks vs parries vs flying around like a ninja gives it a bit of a fighting game feel and that's more interesting to me than another BR shooter.

Maybe Rumbleverse will be like this but way better.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

External Organs posted:

I played the first level of fallen order and I was like wow this kicks rear end! And then it dumped me in some swamp with a bunch of medium sized angry lizards. Sorry game, put me back on a runaway train to fucksville or I'm done (I was done).

Star Wars games love making you fight animals with lightsabers. It's practically a requirement.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Bummed cause i think im gonna have to drop Disc Room before i solve the mystery/get the true ending or whatever. It feels like half the difficulty is fighting the rng & hoping you’re in the one tiny spot in a stage where the buzzsaws won’t gently caress u up

Also lmao, Disc Room has a ‘best dev team’ score for every level, and there’s one door that wont unlock unless you “survive 15 seconds” and not even the devs highscore can live that long

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Disc Room does nothing for me except stress me out. I gave it about 20 minutes before I went back to Flight Sim to check out the Halo Pelican, which made the game crash so I went back to camping in RDR2.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

External Organs posted:

listen you signed up for a soulslike you should know you’re gonna get at least one swamp

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Disc room owns really hard. The puzzles beyond the simple "how do i not die" are really hard tho!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the new fable should get dlc set on an island with extreme weather conditions

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fallen Order has terrible exploration. I also found the combat to be mostly lacking. Definitely echo the sentiment that you spend too much time fighting space bugs and space rats.

The platforming is barely passable. There is absolutely no reason to borrow the Souls games’ bonfire mechanic.

They should have just made Dark Forces. I want to shoot and slash imperials. Not spend spend time climbing vines and wall running.

I’m replaying it because Obi-Wan had me in the mood for lightsabers and the second time through the game really shows it’s rear end.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Von Linus posted:

I found on a series S that the frame rate is really poor at times. If you swing the camera around on Dathomir it's quite jerky. Good game though and worth persevering. I think the best looking stuff is in the opening though. Not finished yet mind.

Edit: Other thoughts- it feels a bit poundshop Elden Ring in terms of combat abilities, the things you pick up are purely decorative things for your light sabre, which you can't actually see well anyway. Or new poncho stuff. Felt extremely unnecessary. But definitely the game is worth playing. But don't fart around, just play through the main story.

I was going to say, do not play this game unless you have a series X. Only good at 60 FPS. I got it for free on stadia and it plays so much better.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Ruffian Price posted:

the new fable should get dlc set on an island with extreme weather conditions

Fable/Forza Horizon crossover DLC is gonna be lit

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Shrug I overall had quite a bit of fun with Fallen Order, dropping into a mob of stormtroopers, having one yell 'big mistake Jedi' and then having them start yelling 'oh.. oh no.. run!' as you lightsaber murder them never got old. There's a lot they could improve on in the next game though for sure.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate-finished Jedi. Everything about it except for the Star Wars setting kinda sucked. I’m all for a sequel, but there’s a lot of poo poo that needs to change.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Beastie posted:

Fallen Order has terrible exploration. I also found the combat to be mostly lacking. Definitely echo the sentiment that you spend too much time fighting space bugs and space rats.

The platforming is barely passable. There is absolutely no reason to borrow the Souls games’ bonfire mechanic.

They should have just made Dark Forces. I want to shoot and slash imperials. Not spend spend time climbing vines and wall running.

I’m replaying it because Obi-Wan had me in the mood for lightsabers and the second time through the game really shows it’s rear end.

Respawn, as well as making Jedi: Survivor, are also working on a Star Wars first person shooter. I doubt it'll be anything like Dark Forces but if it's anywhere near as good as Titanfall 2's single player, we're in for a treat.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Jedi was 80% good and 20% awful. It’s close enough to a great game that they could definitely achieve it in the sequel if they learned the right lessons from the first one. I liked it enough to finish, but there was so much backtracking it got old by the end.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Red Warrior posted:

Shrug I overall had quite a bit of fun with Fallen Order, dropping into a mob of stormtroopers, having one yell 'big mistake Jedi' and then having them start yelling 'oh.. oh no.. run!' as you lightsaber murder them never got old. There's a lot they could improve on in the next game though for sure.

Those bits of the game are fun, but also why they shouldn't have tried to make a Souls-esque game and instead should have focused on being a mix of Jedi Knight and Uncharted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

Fable/Forza Horizon crossover DLC is gonna be lit

I would legit play the hell out of Forza tracks set in Albion.