Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
last time the labour right did something fun it turned out to be the edstone, so maybe it's better that they just don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

MikeCrotch posted:

I do like that the Lib Dems are willing to have a bit of fun with stupid poo poo like this. You would never ever see Keith or another Labour frontbencher do anything that remotely looks like fun

how does this look remotely fun lmao

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Curry and beer isn't fun?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
well i'm just looking at that picture

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

trap sprung its precicely chosen for font snob fbpes to share it on twitter

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

it’s a good metaphor because the plank at the back ensures the door will never be opened

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

its probably a good choice, the libdems entire strategy here is to just look like the friendly third party who isnt either of the other two.
which starmer plays completely into by trying to be as cruel as the tories but more boring

they just have to hope nobody asks ed davies anything about his politics

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Wait, what did I miss?

https://twitter.com/Crackhead1982/status/1540322325484257281

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Communist Thoughts posted:

its probably a good choice, the libdems entire strategy here is to just look like the friendly third party who isnt either of the other two.
which starmer plays completely into by trying to be as cruel as the tories but more boring

they just have to hope nobody asks ed davies anything about his politics

It works every time. Bouncing between Tories and Tory+lib dem coalition when the Tories get too unbearable

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Every time saying that the last coalition is ancient history, they're totally 100% ruling out another Tory coalition, they're really a real party with real politics this time

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
well at least the uk still has legal abortion (right?)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

nawilo_420 posted:

For now, our religious extremists are mainly confined to a handful of counties in the Irish occupied territories.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

For now, our religious extremists are mainly confined to a handful of counties in the Irish occupied territories.

Also the office of culture secretary

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah, I weep at the state of UK politics sometimes but then I look at the US and see how much worse it could be.

Honestly, I try and stay positive and just keep in my head that all the bs around the globe at the moment is just the last gasp of lead-poisoned fygm boomers.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the lib dems are massive poo poo cunts and we should not under any circumstances gotta give it to em

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I watched Question Time, gently caress me.

If I win the Euromillions tonight I am going to create the city of Londochesterpool here in Scotland and provide busses for anyone in England who fancies coming up and breaking away from the rUK in the next Indyref.

Gotta build it before the Tory-Invite-Only Inverness QT next week though.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

gonadic io posted:

Every time saying that the last coalition is ancient history, they're totally 100% ruling out another Tory coalition, they're really a real party with real politics this time

He's already said he'd do another coalition lol

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

MikeCrotch posted:

He's already said he'd do another coalition lol

I can only find him saying he'd consider one with labour, got a source for him saying this about the Tories? Lol, lmao

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Dravs posted:

Yeah, I weep at the state of UK politics sometimes but then I look at the US and see how much worse it could be.

Honestly, I try and stay positive and just keep in my head that all the bs around the globe at the moment is just the last gasp of lead-poisoned fygm boomers.

they will all be replaced with devout Nazis, hth

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

Penny mordaunt is current favourite to be leader. No major gently caress ups, reasonably attractive, can seemingly actually speak without sounding incredibly stupid, in charge of brexit trade deals so gets to claim credit for those pieces of poo poo.

She's also a serious homeopathy enthusiast, so Labour and the Lib Dems' strategy of reducing turnout may backfire alarmingly.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

gonadic io posted:

I can only find him saying he'd consider one with labour, got a source for him saying this about the Tories? Lol, lmao

I might have misread in all the hooting and hollering

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh if Mordaunt isn't a TERF then whatever, they can't get any worse than Boris loving Johnson

so she's probably a TERF lmao

Venomous has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Jun 24, 2022

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1540641883709489160

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1540236169212055555

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
a wet wipe island is what i call great britain

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

what happens when a wet wipe island merges with a fatberg

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

nawilo_420 posted:

Yep, we finally extended access to all areas of the UK as early as, er, 2019.

Abortion was legalised in Great Britain in 1967, but this didn't apply to Northern Ireland. In 2017 power-sharing collapsed in Stormont, and two years later, parliament basically said "we notice you haven't passed any laws for a while. We assume you intended to legalise abortion, and so we're going to pass a law that does that in a few month. Please resume power sharing if this isn't what you want, otherwise we'll take that as a yes." Despite a desperate last-minute attempt to head it off, the DUP were unable to restart Stormont in time and the coup was complete.

That said, the fight isn't over yet. Legality needs to be accompanied with proper provision of services, and the devolved power has been dragging its heels on this front. But making it so people can't be convicted under Offences Against the Person Act 1861 for Plan B is a big thing.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

lumpentroll posted:

what happens when a wet wipe island merges with a fatberg

Keith Starmer

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Heavy_D posted:

Abortion was legalised in Great Britain in 1967, but this didn't apply to Northern Ireland. In 2017 power-sharing collapsed in Stormont, and two years later, parliament basically said "we notice you haven't passed any laws for a while. We assume you intended to legalise abortion, and so we're going to pass a law that does that in a few month. Please resume power sharing if this isn't what you want, otherwise we'll take that as a yes." Despite a desperate last-minute attempt to head it off, the DUP were unable to restart Stormont in time and the coup was complete.

That said, the fight isn't over yet. Legality needs to be accompanied with proper provision of services, and the devolved power has been dragging its heels on this front. But making it so people can't be convicted under Offences Against the Person Act 1861 for Plan B is a big thing.

And as with their American counterparts the anti-abortion brigade in Northern Ireland are all too happy to stick their teenage daughters on the ferry to Liverpool for a short stay 'with family' the moment they get knocked up, and by the grace of God when they return they're magically no longer pregnant.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Heavy_D posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-56041849

A good timeline of Northern Ireland and abortion law.
Including a famous case of some one going to England to get it done.
Of course the DUP are trying best they can to be hypocritical bastards.

Bitter sweet though, by not starting up the Assembly because 'they want the same laws as the rest of the UK' excuse, the UK is going to enforce UK abortion laws against what the DUP want.
Catch 22 fuckers.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

also, abortion might be out the door here too
https://twitter.com/sophiasgaler/status/1540996063485739008

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1540979839406047233?t=N2q6BpZ6a9KUwzA-Q96nQQ&s=19

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

cunts

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've started calling the Labour Party the Capital Party

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lib dems lmao

https://twitter.com/RMTunion/status/1541007155276439553?s=20&t=fD0ghOD4hhfMqORWrxmGug

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/LOS_Fisher/status/1540989060046626817?s=20&t=NrxyyBodH-LQJeFnaIID6g

You do have to love the liberals.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Interesting strategy to rip off the mask youve only just managed to glue back on after last time, but before you've successfully bamboozled anyone into voting you in

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Lib Dems are worse than the tories imo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at least "ethnic" hairstyles are finally allowed on BBC news