Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

payday, oh yes OH YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Armitag3 posted:

payday, oh yes OH YES

the thermal drill, go get it!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Armitag3 posted:

payday, oh yes OH YES

i prefer 3 musketeers

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gnossiennes posted:

:same:

procrastinating getting out of bed rn

for multiple reasons honestly. funny how around 1030am my focus just died for the day.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

grindr offer was so incredibly trash I’m almost certain it’s not workable to something i’m happy with.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wow you'd thin,k there's be some money in hot gay anonymous sex :shrug:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they hosed up user data an incredible amount (and sold it in other places) for an incredibly high-stakes domain anyways too so whatever

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they hosed up user data an incredible amount (and sold it in other places) for an incredibly high-stakes domain anyways too so whatever

how so? i only did research on the spac deal they have coming this year

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

who needs a dating/hook-up application when you can have the flu, again!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

KidDynamite posted:

how so? i only did research on the spac deal they have coming this year

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetw...sh=19bbd74a5c4c for fuckup security

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/grindr-sold-its-user-data-for-years-revealing-personal-information/ for sellin

theres also a lotta adverse selection in spac-land. you don't spac if you're not at least a little hosed up

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i just realized "grindr offer" probably meant grindr wanted them to work for them, not what was on offer in the app

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i just realized "grindr offer" probably meant grindr wanted them to work for them, not what was on offer in the app

They probably prefer both, it's a lot easier to improve the app when you use it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

it is Friday my friends :)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ciaphas posted:

it is Friday my friends :)

how is the fuzz butt doing

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Government Clams

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetw...sh=19bbd74a5c4c for fuckup security

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/grindr-sold-its-user-data-for-years-revealing-personal-information/ for sellin

theres also a lotta adverse selection in spac-land. you don't spac if you're not at least a little hosed up

woof. that's extremely hosed. especially considering the political climate and that conservatives are definitely targeting the gay community next.

the spac stuff had me eye-rolling so i was hoping base salary and other stuff would make up for it. it did not. i said a number that would make me consider it but i'm almost certain that it will not happen.

a friend is suggesting i take two paychecks but i'm incredibly lazy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jonny 290 posted:

how is the fuzz butt doing

he seems well, thanks for asking! he hates me giving him the gabapentin but he seems to walk much more easily afterward, and still no repeat of his rear end locking up

only thing i'm worried about is the doc said his heart sounded just a little off-rhythm and recommended scans if his symptoms didn't improve. but they did, so ????

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

start monitoring breath rate at rest so you have an idea if anything gets out of wack heart wise.

I use this app Cardalis that the vet recommended for my cat. I also have to bring him in once a quarter to get his bp checked.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

They probably prefer both, it's a lot easier to improve the app when you use it.

The American work ethic is you piss in a bottle, you gently caress the bottle, if you die on the job they bury you in the bottle.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Truman Peyote posted:

the government ferry has clam chowder and frankly I’ve always been curious

BC Ferries chowder is Just Fine

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
cjs: “you need to switch your dynamo table to provision capacity. we don’t trust the scaling,” the team that decided to roll their own custom k8 cluster distributed through ec2 that can’t actually manage scaling themselves

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm deeply curious about corn chowder

born on a buy you posted:

cjs: “you need to switch your dynamo table to provision capacity. we don’t trust the scaling,” the team that decided to roll their own custom k8 cluster distributed through ec2 that can’t actually manage scaling themselves

provision them 2 RCU and call it a day

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

KidDynamite posted:

woof. that's extremely hosed. especially considering the political climate and that conservatives are definitely targeting the gay community next.

the spac stuff had me eye-rolling so i was hoping base salary and other stuff would make up for it. it did not. i said a number that would make me consider it but i'm almost certain that it will not happen.

a friend is suggesting i take two paychecks but i'm incredibly lazy.

do no actual work at grindr and see how many free paychecks you get

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

work at grindr's competitor, broagie

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

cjs: i hate cloudtrail i hate cloudtrail

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

dioxazine posted:

it’s good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

dioxazine posted:

the thermal drill, go get it!

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

dioxazine posted:

it's best when the corn is fresh and at it's peak, then you get the full corn flavor which really pairs nicely with the milk.

miripoix in rendered bacon fat
couple of potatoes
shitton of corn
milk
oodles of pepper

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is the way

corn chowder is exceedingly fuckin' good

i often take a poblano pepper angle on mine and that's really dank

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ultravoices posted:

miripoix in rendered bacon fat

this poo poo is so key. i used it for the first time a few years ago for my annual winter chicken noodle soup and never looked back

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Jonny 290 posted:

this is the way

corn chowder is exceedingly fuckin' good

i often take a poblano pepper angle on mine and that's really dank

i come from the land and time before spice, so that was definitely not traditional when i was growing up, but I heartily recommend throwing all the seasonings/toppings in/on your corn chowder.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

If there's one thing I can count on while in the Midwest is guaranteed access to amazing corn almost everywhere. Haven't had corn chowder in a long time but I remember really enjoying it.
Cornbread muffins too, gotta get back on my cooking game for this weekend.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Never did like creamed corn, though. Had a friend growing up that wolfed that poo poo down.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ultravoices posted:

i come from the land and time before spice, so that was definitely not traditional when i was growing up, but I heartily recommend throwing all the seasonings/toppings in/on your corn chowder.

if you are in arizona, new mexico, west texas or colorado, these things are just set up on downtown blocks in late summer.

the smell will literally pied piper you in on a cartoon scent wave like a looney tunes character smelling turkey dinner and you will walk away with a $15 paper sack full of fresh roasted hatch chiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AHc6FT5XkE

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
god drat do I miss hatch chilis and I’m allergic so they destroy me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs I’ve done nothing today. can you blame me? I can.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

cjs I’ve done nothing today. can you blame me? I can.

Sure.

You did 11.9.. You killed Jimmy Hoffa. You ate the Summer butter!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cjs: "town hall" meeting, i.e. management gets to tell us how great everything is while making sure we don't give any sort of credit or benefit to the actual workers

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

c outside s: I’m a big fan of the heat and I think I picked the wrong day to do yard work

it’s 89 with a 9 UVI so I am probably going to be kinda crispy tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve drank at least three litres of water so at least I probably won’t get sick