Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I respect my wrist too much to use a snubbie. Give me the telephone pole 9.5" inch I can scope. The 4" Rossi .357 is small enough to buy some surprise time, if it doesn't blow up. Don’t buy brazilian guns.

The RV is next summer at the earliest. The Redhawk decision will come down sometime this summer.
These are all very good points, but much like the new libre astartes army list book… you could probably just beat somebody to death without even loading it or using it as a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brains
May 12, 2004

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I mean she’s from California. I doubt under any circumstances, besides a federal law making it illegal, will it ever change there.

hate to break it to you but this is probably gonna be one of the first resolutions coming out of the GOP-controlled house

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It would be a somewhat effective bludgeoning tool, yes. Two pounds of Taurus's finest steel lol.

E: Pelosi basically flat out stated the GOP is plotting to ban abortion nationwide in her speech this morning so yeah, it's coming.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm done with conservatives. These people aren't my countrymen, I feel no kinship towards them.

How am I supposed to view them with anything other than contempt, disgust and hostility?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

brains posted:

hate to break it to you but this is probably gonna be one of the first resolutions coming out of the GOP-controlled house

My sweet summer child. don’t you understand she’s white and rich, the sky is the limit.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Never forget.

https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/texas/house-dems-endorse-pro-life-candidate-in-heated-south-texas-race

quote:

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Just a day after Democrats forcefully recommitted to protecting abortion rights, a U.S. House leader swooped into Texas on Wednesday to defend and stand side-by-side with Rep. Henry Cuellar, one of the last anti-abortion Democrats in Congress.

The small campaign rally in San Antonio, where Cuellar is in the toughest reelection fight of his 17 years in office, put on full display the awkward timing of House leadership showing unwavering support for an abortion opponent as the party simultaneously rages over a leaked draft of a U.S. Supreme Court opinion that would overturn the landmark Roe v. Wade decision from 1973 that legalized abortion.

U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn, the third-ranking Democratic leader in the House, rejected that his campaigning for Cuellar undercuts the urgency of the party’s election-year promises to defend the constitutional right to an abortion.

“I would ask anybody, which is more important: to have a pro-life Democrat or an anti-abortion Republican?” Clyburn said. “Because come November, that could very well be the choice in this district.”

[sic]

He must first get past a May 24 primary runoff against Jessica Cisneros, an immigration lawyer who supports abortion rights, and who finished roughly 1,000 votes behind Cuellar in March, when neither candidate met the majority threshold to win outright.

Not only got Hoyer and Pelosi backing it but backing it against a younger local latina immigration attorney.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It would be a somewhat effective bludgeoning tool, yes. Two pounds of Taurus's finest steel lol.

E: Pelosi basically flat out stated the GOP is plotting to ban abortion nationwide in her speech this morning so yeah, it's coming.

Oh no I meant using the Ruger I wouldn’t hate someone so much to see it fair for them to be beat to death with a Rossi…well normally.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

We all fuckin knew it, why did it take till now for the policy makers to realize it? Goddamn

E: I have a Taurus 1911 and it functions just fine. May in part be due to the fact that the PO tricked it out like a mid-90s JDM import, tho.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 24, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh yeah, those fuckers have another pound+ of weight behind them. Heavy frame revolvers are the original multi-tool, doubling as framing hammers.

E: It seems like it took them "so long" to realize it, but they accepted this coming decades ago. The "left" here doesn't actually exist anymore, they are in it for themselves and their own grifts, not for the people.

E2: not all Tauruses are trash, but a lot of trash has Taurus stamped on it.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 24, 2022

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
just a reminder that as Thomas pretty clearly laid out their plan to roll civil rights back 50-70 years one of our current sitting President's greatest achievements is getting Thomas on the bench.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

:decorum:

Oof. Those ammo prices.

I mean, .44 isn't great either, but drat. We'll see.

.454 you have the option of running .45 colt and schofield ammo if you are wanting to get into cowboy calibers. [Or get a S&W -ES style revolver like a 460 xvr snub nose if you can find one at retail or one of the S&W 460's in a "bear emergency " pelican case, you can also run 454 casul plus 460 and a few other rounds with more ammo options in the same revolver] . My bear gun is a S&W model 29-10 but its a little on a long side. I lucked out 2-3 years ago when Walmart got into selling hunting ammo only and they put most other types of ammo onto clearance. I managed to get a shopping cart full of .45 colt for $5 a box even though I don't have a gun to shoot it. Revolver ammo is expensive...

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Mustang posted:

I'm done with conservatives. These people aren't my countrymen, I feel no kinship towards them.

How am I supposed to view them with anything other than contempt, disgust and hostility?

I saw the dumb hub-hub some midwestern movie theatres kicked up over the new Lightyear movie, over a gay couple that's in a movie for like one montage scene...

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/oklahoma-theater-lightyear-gay-kiss-warning-1235301733/

I thought it was dumb that part of the country seems intent on dragging us back to the 1950's... nothing in the film would be offensive unless you would take offense at any of the 60's star trek episodes that brought up a social issue. But after reading the news this morning on Roe vs Wade, man .. here we are getting dragged back 2-3 generations.

Yikes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh yeah, those fuckers have another pound+ of weight behind them. Heavy frame revolvers are the original multi-tool, doubling as framing hammers.

E: It seems like it took them "so long" to realize it, but they accepted this coming decades ago. The "left" here doesn't actually exist anymore, they are in it for themselves and their own grifts, not for the people.

E2: not all Tauruses are trash, but a lot of trash has Taurus stamped on it.

I think the deal with Taurus is anything that was using old Smith & Wesson production equipment is okay-ISH…vs that one gun they made that if you banged it against something would fire.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
loving sick of you guys saying Dems don't want to win, or all they care about is fundraising. They're taking this VERY serious

I have been informed Pelosi just read a poem in response to Roe being overturned. And you guys say they're ghouls

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Big K of Justice posted:

.454 you have the option of running .45 colt and schofield ammo if you are wanting to get into cowboy calibers. [Or get a S&W -ES style revolver like a 460 xvr snub nose if you can find one at retail or one of the S&W 460's in a "bear emergency " pelican case, you can also run 454 casul plus 460 and a few other rounds with more ammo options in the same revolver] . My bear gun is a S&W model 29-10 but its a little on a long side. I lucked out 2-3 years ago when Walmart got into selling hunting ammo only and they put most other types of ammo onto clearance. I managed to get a shopping cart full of .45 colt for $5 a box even though I don't have a gun to shoot it. Revolver ammo is expensive...

I think it's going to come down to what I can find for a reasonable price, and I've always had a weird love for a Redhawk. I started out looking for a straight replacement to the Rossi .357, Ruger's 8 rounders are a hair cheaper than Smith's offerings (R8, the 686+ is 7). Now that I'm thinking bigger bore, availability is probably going to play heavily into it, and the .44mag/spl is more abundantly available than the .454, and the .480 Ruger might as well not exist considering it's about $4/rd.

Statistically the Ruger and the variety of Smiths are capable of the same thing, but the Redhawk line has some wonderful character.

I don't think we'll be seeing many, if any, more dumps like the dropping of handgun ammo a few years ago that walmart did. That's a wild time that was likely a fluke. I do remember seeing cowboy carts much more available during the covid gun run though.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I think the deal with Taurus is anything that was using old Smith & Wesson production equipment is okay-ISH…vs that one gun they made that if you banged it against something would fire.

The 247 was a remarkable piece of poo poo yeah.

I still have SOME faith in my Rossi, but seeing as it was removed from the US market shortly after I bought it, there's understandably little faith left. I think part of the problem is more with the quality of steel they use on occasion.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 24, 2022

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Dems are just an obstacle to progress the only remotely functioning institution that could bring about something not horrifying is the junior officer corps and NCOs in the military and only political avenue for a good outcome at this point is some poo poo hot LT or Captain to start a bonapartist coup.

TVS how would you rate yourself on a scale of zero to Gaddafi?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1540353602274959361?t=GU1785SyZsRcwFptIldbUg&s=19

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Dems are just an obstacle to progress the only remotely functioning institution that could bring about something not horrifying is the junior officer corps and NCOs in the military and only political avenue for a good outcome at this point is some poo poo hot LT or Captain to start a bonapartist coup.

A Cincinnatus would be nice, but that seems like just a fantasy unfortunately.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
waking up to see the news and :d2a:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/mileskahn/status/1540358985819344897?s=20&t=qDNOmOfJUIpVLm4Pw6xPbw

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Just make some red boxes that need to be turned into green boxes and mountains will be moved to make it happen.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well I can tell you what I’m gonna do with my money. I’m gonna go by myself another loving Kratos tank, before I ever give money to the Democrats, with the exception of Fetterman.

https://youtu.be/iGDlut2lY04

Seriously could anyone even attempt to argue that that it wouldn’t be the proper decision?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Not even joking I do not see any other mechanism by which the United States survives the next couple decades as sort of strong federal liberal system. The opposition party is actively preventing political solutions to fix the Supreme Court just dismantling what’s left of the federal government and somewhere around field grade most officers get out or become spineless yes men.

Junior military officers are probably the only single group that is close enough to the levers of power and not captured or neutralized by either a political machine that’s actively trying to further lock in permanent minority rule or is actively chasing “stability” at all costs preventing any political solution that would actually work to address anything.

Realistically the US will probably just slowly Balkanize into a very weak federal system and over decades just start cracking up.

Or the worst outcome it stays strong and just goes full fascist when a competent and actually ideological GOP leader can capture the Trump wing.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 24, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
And here comes Joe with the national address...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Could we please not advocate / plan a military coup ITT?

Thanks.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Everybody's going to the party,
Have a real good time!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’m just sending mustang an invite to the Minecraft rp server, chill

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

nanci pelosi posted:

roses are red
violets are blue
abortions are gone
please vote blue

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

drat am I having a fever dream or did Joe promise to codify roe v wade? oh well I'm sure there's a good reason he didn't, he is after all the candidate who would be able to get Congress to work with him

drat she's right, glad she saw the error in her ways after campaigning for a pro choice Dem like weeks ago https://twitter.com/GravelInstitute/status/1540347369111392256

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 24, 2022

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/FarnoushAmiri/status/1540370901803433984?s=20&t=FbDLQUSU0XJGTYtpAp5iBQ

jUsT voTe

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Not even joking I do not see any other mechanism by which the United States survives the next couple decades as sort of strong federal liberal system. The opposition party is actively preventing political solutions to fix the Supreme Court just dismantling what’s left of the federal government and somewhere around field grade most officers get out or become spineless yes men.

Junior military officers are probably the only single group that is close enough to the levers of power and not captured or neutralized by either a political machine that’s actively trying to further lock in permanent minority rule or is actively chasing “stability” at all costs preventing any political solution that would actually work to address anything.

Realistically the US will probably just slowly Balkanize into a very weak federal system and over decades just start cracking up.

Or the worst outcome it stays strong and just goes full fascist when a competent and actually ideological GOP leader can capture the Trump wing.

I thought Officers are generally CHUD/Brainworms?

So based on peoples experience was the officer core more talented and decent people than shitheads or the reverse?

FrozenVent posted:

Could we please not advocate / plan a military coup ITT?

Thanks.

Hey, we’re just talking about Edward Luttwak!

Also I did that topic for a speech class once after reading his book in high school. I am totally shocked in retrospect nothing happened.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God loving drat they are the worse. The other side are insane loving fascists, who will loving use up their supporters like cannon fodder, but those morons actually deliver on the crazy poo poo they say they’re gonna do.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Proud Christian Mom posted:

just a reminder that as Thomas pretty clearly laid out their plan to roll civil rights back 50-70 years one of our current sitting President's greatest achievements is getting Thomas on the bench.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Stability and prosperity. Everything else be damned.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well I will say his recent decisions on transstudents and title 9 are pretty loving progressive.

Plus didn’t he convince Barack that gay marriage was in fact, not bad and actually cool and good?

I think what I really need now is one of those Arnold Schwarzenegger speeches, because he is the only one that could probably still inspire me in anyway these days.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Good news is soon we won't have either

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I thought Officers are generally CHUD/Brainworms?

So based on peoples experience was the officer core more talented and decent people than shitheads or the reverse?

Hey, we’re just talking about Edward Luttwak!

Also I did that topic for a speech class once after reading his book in high school. I am totally shocked in retrospect nothing happened.

Junior officers are mostly young and idealistic and are representative of the college/no college split you see in politics today. While junior officer chuds exist if they post about it on social media they will probably get dogpiled by their peers. On the officer side I heard plenty of jokes at Trump's expense, never anything positive about him.

I wasn't joking about the green and red boxes though, officers have a nearly irresistible urge to make everything on an excel spreadsheet turn green. An untapped and underutilized resource.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GET ME LIN MANUEL MIRANDA RIGHT NOW

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

86 posts since last night let's see what dumb bullshit people are arguing about this time. Is it going to be about cheese or wiffleball bat preferences.

Oh. oh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiny Timbs posted:

GET ME LIN MANUEL MIRANDA RIGHT NOW

SCOTUS stripped you of your Miranda rights earlier this month.