Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Well, that's the intended way. The realistic way is to hutao it half to death, then wait around for entirely too long for it to reappear so you can actually kill it.

What's with mihoyo and bosses that make you wait around doing nothing?

Manatee Cannon posted:

they want you to interact with the boss gimmick rather than just instantly blow it up

I'd rather blow it up, personally

I wish there were ways to get them to follow a different pattern or at least turn off the cutscenes. The Ruin Serpent is even worse about it than Azdaha with how much time it spends underground.

I absolutely want to obliterate the bosses immediately since I'm fighting them at max difficulty every week, it's not really new anymore, I know what they're gonna do next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mix. posted:

so ive seen some rumblings that apparently kuki can be made into a carry if you either go really hard into her EM or go phys with pale flame and a sword like AF

incredibly funny if thats true

She can trigger some good Overload damage while remaining entirely off-field.

But that becomes somewhat counterproductive given her skill is mostly melee range and Overload is gonna explode enemies away.

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how Dendro works out. Hopefully it gives her more of a solid purpose.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

If you don't happen to catch the Zhongli banners to get him, the other option is using Razor. His burst lets him shatter them in one combo each. Specifically the ones at the end, not the first five.

or noelle who everyone gets guaranteed
you can just pop her burst and then her massive geo lightsaber will have enough range to hit all 3 pillars at once. just stand in the middle and spin to win

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Can't believe I'm 1 Sacrificial Knife off from the last level uncap on my Jade Spear. Don't suppose there's any ways to spawn more assassins elsewhere?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Can't believe I'm 1 Sacrificial Knife off from the last level uncap on my Jade Spear. Don't suppose there's any ways to spawn more assassins elsewhere?

If you're just using the ingame adventurer guide to find them, it usually only has a few spawns it will point you to and there are actually tons of enemies left over on the map
You can find all of them on the hoyolab map

If you've already cleared out all of those spawns then your only other option is to do a few ley lines and hope they spawn the right enemies.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How do you have her built? I have her 2 piece Pale Flame and 2 piece Bloodstained Chivalry based on the guide. She has +60% def from substats, but her shield goes down in a single strike from pretty much any boss. Hitting two enemies isn't a thing when most bosses are concerned.

Honestly, I don't rely on her shield too much. In fact, it's best if all it really does is eat some damage and go away, so that XL has room to get vapes.

Build:

Her damage isn't anything to write home about, but it's not nothing. The real reason I value her is her shield melting.

https://i.imgur.com/FpO0ug0.mp4

On her own, she can take out over 50% of the Cryo lawachurl in seconds, leaving the rest of the team to do their thing comfortably.

I owe my large collection of great BS pieces in part to her. If I couldn't speed clear this domain and beef up my freeze team, I would enjoy the entire game much less.

https://i.imgur.com/5KUm4Ej.mp4

She's also a big help in that godawful Mondstadt talent domain, but I only ever really do that when there's double rewards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you can just pop her burst and then her massive geo lightsaber will have enough range to hit all 3 pillars at once. just stand in the middle and spin to win

I frequently used Zhongli's skill to damage them but assumed that they were immune to actual geo damage. That's a much better technique.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

lmao, it never actually occurred to me to spin, I just took a couple steps toward each one.

But yeah, Noelle's definitely the "right" solution, that's why those podiums all poo poo out geo energy when you break them. And you can use her shield to ignore most of the thing's attacks.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RareAcumen posted:

I absolutely want to obliterate the bosses immediately since I'm fighting them at max difficulty every week, it's not really new anymore, I know what they're gonna do next!

Invulnerability phases equal time. Time equals content. - page 387 of The Guide to Terrible Game Design

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I frequently used Zhongli's skill to damage them but assumed that they were immune to actual geo damage. That's a much better technique.

Geo damage is the the only element that consistently damages rocks. See Ningguang's normal attack damaging rocks as well.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Shere posted:

One tip I can give you is that there's a known bug (?) with Noelle's burst at C6 where if you are off field at the time it was supposed to expire, it will instead roll forward into almost a full second duration of the burst. This means a single burst can get you something like 30 seconds of burst time. This can greatly alleviate ER issues. Example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysQiAfYYa34

But yes, otherwise you want around 130-150% energy recharge on her to keep her burst on cooldown. Slap whatever Exile set gives the most ER (and crit if you happen to be using the Favonius Sword) onto your Geo MC and get them to C4 if you haven't already for a near term solution. Exile sets cap at purple rarity and drop from almost literally everything so you might already have some good ones.

This helped a ton, thanks! I gave Noelle 2pc scholar, a little extra ER on other artifacts, and doing this consistently makes her burst uptime a lot more solid. Can't wait to be out of the sub-40 AR range so I can start on her actual artifact set.

I'm still not 100% a fan of being reliant on her burst for damage, because it's leading to me skipping some mob groups in the overworld when it's not up, but she's really solid with Yelan/Gorou/Traveler otherwise. Especially since she seems to have the fewest number of bosses and domains that are immune to her damage, and the one that is (geo hypo) she's still useful in, and I can still machine-gun it down with XQ/Yelan/Fischl.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Riftling posted:

This helped a ton, thanks! I gave Noelle 2pc scholar, a little extra ER on other artifacts, and doing this consistently makes her burst uptime a lot more solid. Can't wait to be out of the sub-40 AR range so I can start on her actual artifact set.

I'm still not 100% a fan of being reliant on her burst for damage, because it's leading to me skipping some mob groups in the overworld when it's not up, but she's really solid with Yelan/Gorou/Traveler otherwise. Especially since she seems to have the fewest number of bosses and domains that are immune to her damage, and the one that is (geo hypo) she's still useful in, and I can still machine-gun it down with XQ/Yelan/Fischl.

Yelan's gonna be your damage queen for a long while. She's the freshest 5 star and I've yet to find anything that wasn't immune to hydro damage that I just couldn't beat down with her ult off field.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tae posted:

so self-proclaimed Genshin killer [Tower of Fantasy] has an open beta and it is.....pretty bad. Combat is absolutely not a draw, it feels tedious in a bad way, there's about 100x more clicking poo poo because it's an actual MMO and there's like 5 currencies for different gacha banners for some reason.

Exploration also sucks poo poo, you have a double jump but it doesn't really do that much more, and your jetpack lets you leap high but you can only do it twice before having a 2 minute cooldown.

That Genshin Killer and "Genshin is dying wheres the end game" poo poo is bar none the worst stuff about the game on the internet. I don't know if/when "end game" content is coming or whether they're going to up the world level when Sumeru or whatever rolls around but theres nothing left to analyze there and the internets trying to pit all these games against one another can be really tiresome sometimes. Especially when they don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to games like ToF or Ni No Kuni or recently Wuthering Waves which showed a trailer and is now apparently the game that needs to be switched to whenever its launched cause reasons.

There also seems to be a handful of personalities that seem to just actively try to turn people off the game and egg on criticism for this game as a "content" concept and I really don't know why they don't just move on to a different game since its not really productive stuf for community building.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 24, 2022

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kale posted:

There also seems to be a handful of personalities that seem to just actively try to turn people off the game and egg on criticism for this game as a "content" concept and I really don't know why they don't just move on to a different game since its not really productive stuf for community building.

If "the guy that plays Genshin" is your job, and Genshin is in a lull, the only content you've got is harvesting rage clicks. If you switch games you lose viewers. This is a thing with literally every service game when there's a slow period - it's dead, <other_game> is the new hotness, everyone switch, etc. It has an absolutely awful effect on everything and no one wins.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Ok so I've never asked this for fear of getting savagely dogpiled by zoomers, but what is "endgame content" even supposed to mean? Is there some of facet of video games that I'm just totally unfamiliar with? Like do people want some sort of mmo style infinigrind or something?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

MoonCrab posted:

Ok so I've never asked this for fear of getting savagely dogpiled by zoomers, but what is "endgame content" even supposed to mean? Is there some of facet of video games that I'm just totally unfamiliar with? Like do people want some sort of mmo style infinigrind or something?

Got it in one.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah, raids, infinite slow progression with mild upgrades in new dungeons all the time.

The patch they introduce coop required raids is probably the one I drop the game.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

MoonCrab posted:

In the context of Genshin i assume a loud, vocal minority want more stuff to do after they grind out enough characters and artifacts to complete floor 12 of Spiral Abyss in a minute or two.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MoonCrab posted:

Yes. The complaint is generally "it feels so bad to not be able to spend 12 hours on this game in a weekend after you've finished the 120 hour single player story mode".

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it'll vary from person to person even though they all have this same stupid base idea that the game needs to have content to sustain rewarding, challenging, multi-hour play sessions every day. a lot of the time you'll see the posts suggest using whatever the current event is as a permanent content mode, Labyrinth Warriors and Perilous Trial were both huge for this despite obvious issues with those events they should be working out before making them permanent.

and obviously once you do this sort of thing, it will eventually lose novelty and the cycle repeats itself for these people anyway.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The main issue is this game is much better than other games. So people who should be playing lost ark or wow just aren't and we have to hear about it. It's also imo not a zoomer complaint, millennials were the generation who came up with pindle runs and make genius suggestions like "uncap resin and divide drop rates by 10".

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So I can speak as a mihoyo-er, Genshin lacks "endgame" content that is doing something more frequent than abyss which is every two weeks and essentially just 3 floors.

Honkai Impact has Abyss fights which is (depending on your rank) either a series of exploration fights or 4 stages with the last stage a time attack and lower time=higher score. This happens twice a week.

Honkai Impact also has Memorial Fights which is a solo fight against 3 different bosses once a week.

Honkai Star Rail, as of the last beta, has the genshin style Abyss, a rogue-lite exploration mode where you power up with random boosts, and a challenge mode that takes the "save" data from your completed Rogue-lite run and fight a boss to get a high score. This resets every week.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It's also a mistake to devote a majority of their development effort on Spiral Abyss equivalents. Throw a bone occasionally sure, but hardcore end game raider types are a minority for a reason.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is it safe to assume all the info from the OP is still relevant?

Mostly in regard to not spending primos to roll the standard banner

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes, the standard banner should only be rolled with fates you get for free from AR/BP rewards etc

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is it safe to assume all the info from the OP is still relevant?

Mostly in regard to not spending primos to roll the standard banner

Yep! I've been trying to keep info as up to date and have been slowly rewriting some bits :kiddo:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cool, guess I'll just save up till the next character banner hits

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
In addition to all of the other reasons to not pull on it, the Standard banner's "best" outcomes are generally the worst outcomes of pulling on the Character banner.

You will get your Dilucs, Qiqis and Keqings from failing to get the character you actually wanted in due time.

Riftling posted:

Glad it helped. I'll say that even at 90/90 with a full set of artifacts, Noelle is not my go-to for open world stuff for the reasons you've outlined. Even with the ability to charge her burst on command, it's still more effort than just pressing E on Hu Tao. Your team is my go-to team (I swap out C0 Gorou for C5 Yun Jin usually) for bosses and domains though. Trucks through virtually all of them.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 24, 2022

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

No Wave posted:

Yes. The complaint is generally "it feels so bad to not be able to spend 12 hours on this game in a weekend after you've finished the 120 hour single player story mode".

It's definitely more than 120 hours, especially if you count those world quests that are basically mandatory since they unlock previously inaccessible regions. I'm guessing 200+.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Or maybe Sara for being the Gorou of the worst element

Gorou is the Gorou of the worst element.

Regarding endgame content, my complaint is that I like the exploration side of the game and abyss is really samey. I think there’s room to have some rotating chests with challenges each month so I can go back to already explored areas.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mailer posted:

If "the guy that plays Genshin" is your job, and Genshin is in a lull, the only content you've got is harvesting rage clicks. If you switch games you lose viewers. This is a thing with literally every service game when there's a slow period - it's dead, <other_game> is the new hotness, everyone switch, etc. It has an absolutely awful effect on everything and no one wins.

Yeah its pretty blatant but I still roll my eyes at it when scrolling past as itd always back on this topic every day Almost during the 2nd half of the last several patches.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

akulanization posted:

Regarding endgame content, my complaint is that I like the exploration side of the game and abyss is really samey. I think there’s room to have some rotating chests with challenges each month so I can go back to already explored areas.

Moonchase and the Bokuso Box thing were basically this on a larger scale, i think as long as they're rotating back to that event theme once or twice within a given patch series it should be good enough on top of the actual new map content. but i am basically anti most ideas of adding permanent content since i like the current low-friction game it is & value how events come in to refresh gameplay. or for bad events (Hyakunin Ikki), knowing it's something i only have to bear for one week.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

We had what was effectively a chest respawn event for moonchase and I'll be honest it was pretty dull. I dont know what the right solution is. I think it would be neat if every daily login spawned a super mob somewhere random in the world that would drop 30 blue artifacts when it was killed and they wouldnt despawn until you found and killed it and up to 100 could persist simultaneously. (I think players are not gievn enough artifact xp and not being able to gamble on artifact rolls makes the game more boring)

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I definitely liked the festival events that set you to treasure hunting in old areas. Genshin's exploration is the star attraction for me, and it would be pretty neat if I could go back to the floating lightning rocks or the Stormterror ruins to sift around for a random respawning daily chest. Of course, you can kinda get that experience helping new players out on discord. It's pretty fun figuring out where chests are, clearing out the trash mobs, etc.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I'm still holding out for a daily thing that points you to a chest/puzzle you haven't found yet out in the world.

I had thought some kind of event that spawned chests out in the world would be cool, but after they tried a few like that it was indeed kinda boring. When they make a separate zone for these they can put chests overlapping with the original position of chests so it isn't an issue, but trying to re-populate the open world with the constraint that some players might not have been to that zone at all seems hard.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

akulanization posted:

In what universe is Geo the worst element?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
My problem with the calls for an "endgame" is that it'll just be whale content if it's actually challenging because to miHoYo that just means a stricter DPS check.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
people want challenging content that isn't the abyss, labyrinth warriors was a hit for a reason! I remember kokomi got KO'd twice during that event, it was so cool

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

In what universe is Geo the worst element?

the universe of like. 1.1-1.2 lol. Geo has been really strong ever since its rework so whenever someone still whinges about it being bad i just roll my eyes.

Now if you were to say it was, to use a mtg term, parasitic design or very reliant on having specific UNITS, that's a different story :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geo is the worst element because unlike every other one, it doesn't have any female 5*s