Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think Japan is being seen as allowing Nato access to gently caress around in Asia. Not sure what the context is.

now I see the flag under the bridge. Given how shocked/scared the godzilla-thingy looks, I didn't think the red ball is helping :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Groke posted:

Rather I suspect that they want to invade Taiwan completely unlike how Russia has invaded Ukraine, given what a complete clusterfuck that has been. Or, preferably, subjugate or influence Taiwan without having to resort to an actual invasion, since that is expensive and breaks poo poo even if successful.

Probably part of the cartoon, that: the narrative that the perfidious NATO interfering and forcing Europe to threaten poor little Russia, then using Ukraine as a catspaw to indirectly intervene in what should be a regional conflict. Only, in this case, the evil Japanese are making trouble in the neighborhood again, this time by inviting in the Western powers (America, it always means America) where they don't belong.

...I guess? Chinese propaganda tends to be rather opaque, or come off other than how they're hoping for, to out-groups.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Japan being America's minion is a pretty common motif for Chinese propaganda not just regarding Taiwan but for every Asian country where America actually has significant influence (like Singapore and South Korea) or is just perceived to have more influence than China (like Vietnam). They have a consistent belief that all of Asia should allow China to be their leader, and that this would happen naturally without bad actors, usually Japan but also sometimes South Korea, stabbing them in the back. The fact that this is nearly identical to Fascist Japan's Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere seems lost on them.

There is a similar belief that comes up in their jingoism movies about east and south Africa but doesn't seem to be something they want to advertise in America facing cartoons.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I won't lie, I had to look at the cartoon a few times before it clicked that it was supposed to be the flag of Japan holding up the bridge and not Covid. But yeah, when the Chinese propaganda cartoon says "Asia", they mean "China". Kind of like how every so often right wingers will use "North America" for stuff that is clearly either just the US's concern or for something that benefits the US over Canada and Mexico. Last time I can recall was when Trump got rid of NAFTA and replaced it with whatever the gently caress the new agreement was called.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

I don't think ironic joke posts like this are welcome in D&D.
Devastated to learn that these colors run :911:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rescuing Southern Africa from Cecil Rhodes and the evil legacy of settler colonialism by replacing whites only hotels and train carriages with Chinese only hotels and train carriages.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

gently caress me, I am still gutted by this even with the near two months of warning

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Roe vs. Wade was overturned. Our government is terrible and does not have our best interests at heart.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Looking forward to weeks of void fetuses.

Wait, no, not looking forward to. The opposite of that.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
gently caress. It still feels like getting punched in the stomach, even knowing it was coming for months.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s visit to Rwanda – The prime minister flew to Rwandan capital of Kigali for the Commonwealth heads of government summit and met Rwanda’s president, Paul Kagame"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Rail strike to go ahead as Shapps accused of ‘wrecking’ negotiations

Times:

Railway managers struggle against RMT’s ‘Spanish practices’

Evening Standard:

By-election disasters leave Boris Johnson and his party running out of options

bartok
May 10, 2006

Can't wait to see all these crusty old fucks find a way to bitch about getting everything they ever wanted.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Libération newspaper in France. Spoilered because of small drawings of naked people.

"Abortion Black friday: In a judgment, the American Supreme Court has put an end to the right to abortion. It could become illegal in half the states of the country."

mlnhd fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 24, 2022

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

bartok posted:

Can't wait to see all these crusty old fucks find a way to bitch about getting everything they ever wanted.

The real tragedy here is how positively uncouth the left can be.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
:drat: the French don't give a gently caress

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

mlnhd posted:

Libération newspaper in France. Spoilered because of small drawings of naked people.

"Abortion Black friday: In a judgment, the American Supreme Court has put an end to the right to abortion. It could become illegal in half the states of the country."

Looks like the same Coco who does a bunch of Charlie Hebdo.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Broelman:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Greens senator Lidia Thorpe said she is ‘here to infiltrate’ Australia’s parliament (news.com.au). "Greens senator Lidia Thorpe said Australia’s flag does not represent her and it only represents the “colonisation” of the country."

Leunig:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

UP IS DOWN, DOWN IS UP- IT’S WRONG WAY JOE

Dementia Joe accidentally showed the world his script card. Written by his staff, it instructs Joe to ‘go into the room,’ and ‘say hello’ and ‘sit in your chair,’ and so forth. We all knew Joe needs to be handled, but I didn’t know he had to be micromanaged.

Joe is not the president. The election was stolen for him. He was installed. Still, one assumes that to be in such an office, Joe must be able to operate with some sort of sentient self-awareness. There’s a lot of complexity involved. A pilot must know a lot of things to successfully fly an airplane. A lot can go wrong. Joe the mannequin is sitting in the pilot seat of the USA.

Unfortunately his passengers will pay the price for his incompetence.

— Ben Garrison

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
That is a genuinely pretty impressive piece by Garrison. I wonder what plane he's traced.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
It is truly the end of garrison if he's begun tracing.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
That's definitely not traced; that rotary engine is about as accurate as all those "bikes drawn from memory" illustrations from a few pages back.

Edit: I mean I guess he could be tracing the outline and also screwing up the details, but that rotary engine is not, for example, radially symmetrical. And there's some apparent confusion about the difference between the engine and its cowling, and so on.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Why is the smoke going down?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mordaedil posted:

Why is the smoke going down?

Look at the upper left corner closer

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

That is a genuinely pretty impressive piece by Garrison. I wonder what plane he's traced.

He couldn't have traced it, he somehow intergrated the engine into the NACA cowling

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Really not looking forward to tomorrow's cartoons.
Thank you for these. I do feel somewhat vindicated.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Committed
Also not letting this Rall get away without highlighting his sub-Trump level flag

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zero_Grade posted:

Really not looking forward to tomorrow's cartoons.

Thank you for these. I do feel somewhat vindicated.

Also not letting this Rall get away without highlighting his sub-Trump level flag

Rall's really phoning it in these days.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I loved that thing.

"Which stripe is the blue one on the blue line flag? It's probably one of the red ones, right? Because the white ones are blank. That's reasonable, no need to look it up."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brawnfire posted:

I loved that thing.

"Which stripe is the blue one on the blue line flag? It's probably one of the red ones, right? Because the white ones are blank. That's reasonable, no need to look it up."

Dude, doing research is effort and I'm Ted Rall, Gen X Slacker Elemental. Putting effort in is for squares and :barf: Democrats :barf:.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Oof, the timing on this one...

Joel Pett

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Gary Varvel

And a sneak preview of tomorrow...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hmm I wonder which of these two parties controls the presidency, House, and Senate right now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

WATCH ANOTHER SHOW

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Raised By Birds posted:

Henry Payne

Oof, the timing on this one...

Kellies Nomination: Most Opposite of Reality

Or something. I don't know if that's a category. Could also be Worst Timing as OP said.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

I'm not completely convinced that "Murder, She Wrote" and "Poirot" count as Copaganda.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not completely convinced that "Murder, She Wrote" and "Poirot" count as Copaganda.

Colombo is the only Copaganda I need. #ACABEC

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Wait wait wait is this a reference to loving wrong way Corrigan? A trivia figure from the 1930s?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Reno 911? Really, Keith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

"And I'm sure my mom-to-be will make sure I have the best life possible, with access to education, healthcare, and--"

"LOL no that's communism gently caress you"