Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Guess in the absence of vital cultural coverage I'll have to look at a picture of a klan rally while listening to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF7lv1gfP1Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Southpaugh posted:

"It is one of the largest cultural events in Europe" he said because hes totally loving insane.

The Running of the Gammons is bigger than Eurovision in my house

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

crispix posted:

they should really just get a general "NO" badge to wear indefinitely
I bought this when I was last in the USA. I call it my "work t-shirt" because of how many times clients ask me to lie for them.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I wish it was televised.
First year since forever when they are not the majority political party.
I want to see them rant about the protocol with random cuts to red faced white haired bulldog face chewing piss nettles boomers.
They are going to be more unhinged than usual.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 10, 2022

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's p funny how we're officially the only part of the UK aside from London better off since Brexit, but the protocol is most definitely economically disastrous for NI, it really is about the economics and the children of the future!!!!!!!!!!! :bahgawd:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
that's it jim you go and beng your big drum to show those papists and unelected eurocrats who's boss :kiddo:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Southpaugh posted:

"It is one of the largest cultural events in Europe" he said because hes totally loving insane.

I think by that he means most fascist parades in Europe are state run things but he's just some grass-roots, cultural fascist

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Reading this in the william ulsterman voice.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Dublin Pride and RTE are DONE

https://twitter.com/DublinPride/status/1536780916525355013?t=CncUYsHiDC2VkrAwCvy6Gg&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Fair fucks

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Very good decision. Happily surprised that Dublin Pride are doing this.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
(Which incidentally would be a good name for an organisation promoting equal representation for all sexual orientations in the media)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-61779305

Lads, its saved.
GBNews will be airing the twelfth live for those who cant get their sash ironed in time.
And Big Arlene will be commentating it!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Lads, its saved.
GBNews will be airing the twelfth live for those who cant get their sash ironed in time.

They should have gotten commentators from either side tbh. Arlene vs the lads from Kneecap

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
that's dame big arlene :nono:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The grande dame herself

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Good.

happyhippy posted:

Lads, its saved.

lmao alternative st. patricks day

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

Good.

lmao alternative st. patricks day

Good, RTE should be held to the fire on poo poo like this.

Alterative St. Patrick's Day would be Snake Day and I am pissed that we do not have that here. I would be more than happy having a few hissy bois chilling out in my garden, keep the rabbits at bay.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Really solid response there, and a good explanation for why it only happened now and not last week.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PowerBeard posted:

Good, RTE should be held to the fire on poo poo like this.

Alterative St. Patrick's Day would be Snake Day and I am pissed that we do not have that here. I would be more than happy having a few hissy bois chilling out in my garden, keep the rabbits at bay.

Someone get Barry White.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Someone get Barry White.

No that's the opposite of Snake Day! Which I guess by the transitive property means that Paddy's Day is also Whacking Day (which as we all know, was started as an excuse to beat up the Irish, a tradition we continue to this day)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i really thought Big Arlene presenting it was a joke lol

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I can't get over how stupid this statement is. People's views are the ideal thing to judge them on, that and their actions.

https://twitter.com/FancyVegasPro/status/1538457481495584768

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
She's a professional moron

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what a stupid oval office

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So much for the Tolerant Left!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Strongly tempted to register isciarakellyatitagain.com and just s/"the brits"/"Ciara Kelly" the sourcecode from the relevant.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/1539508819776131072

Bullying: bringing up my workplace malfeasance during a political debate.

Not bullying: bringing up a teenage transgression with the guards.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I don't even know the context of what he's calling bullying - but was it another legitimate criticism of FG that Leo tried to galaxybrain into being a homophobic assault against his person?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
It was an entirely stupid exchange last week.

Pearse said Leo is out of touch with the cost of living crisis as he threw a celebration a week previous for FG TDs to celebrate a decade in power.
Then Leo said he's one to talk about money as Sinn Fein received a inheritance from a vegabond living a caravan.

Pearse replied he expected Leo would be more humble as he's under a criminal investigation. And Leo shot back that Pearse shouldn't talk about crime as he was accosted by the Garda when he was 18.

That last bit is the bullying, and snapback.

Marenghi fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 22, 2022

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

leos a oval office

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
Really shows the class divide between people who think a teenager having a run in with the guards is unforgivable over those who think it's par for the course.

Growing up in a working class neighborhood we were accosted by the guards most weekends for the crime of hanging around in the evening.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

the first time a cop yelled at me ever was for sitting on a wall.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I got the cops called on me for playing footie in the driveway of my mum's house with 2 mates at 8pm during WC2002 football fever.

The garda just rolled down the window and went "[Family Name] is it? Should have known..." Lol what a prick

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Marenghi posted:

Really shows the class divide between people who think a teenager having a run in with the guards is unforgivable over those who think it's par for the course.

Growing up in a working class neighborhood we were accosted by the guards most weekends for the crime of hanging around in the evening.
TBH I had plenty of run-ins but the main difference with having gone to a private school was I knew the commissioner because his son was in my year and I'd been to his house to get shitfaced after a school play. Made me a little more inclined to actually talk poo poo to bored gardai hassling us on the weekends in Templebar.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40903220.html

quote:

A derelict former bar and hotel, which was gutted in a suspected arson attack on the northern outskirts of Cork city on bonfire night, has been earmarked for demolition and redevelopment as a mixed-use retail and residential development.

A planning application has been lodged with Cork City Council for the redevelopment of the former Sunset Ridge Hotel site in Killeen, near Blarney. The notice was published on Friday just hours after fire gutted the building.

Some galaxy brain solutions to housing problems down here, burn down the existing place so you can get the permission.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

happyhippy posted:

Some galaxy brain solutions to housing problems down here, burn down the existing place so you can get the permission.

It's only arson if you're a poor.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
As a member of the group of sentient fungi that grew up in Bray, I'd be wary of big massive shopping centres, sometimes they take 23 years for no reason.

e: our shopping centre is also nominally residential somehow, they are like going to modify unused storefronts into apts or some shite.
Spoiler: they're all gonna be unused

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

happyhippy posted:

At least when suspect arson happens in Glasgow it's because someone wants to knock down a listed building to turn it into flats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Shoehead posted:

As a member of the group of sentient fungi that grew up in Bray, I'd be wary of big massive shopping centres, sometimes they take 23 years for no reason.

e: our shopping centre is also nominally residential somehow, they are like going to modify unused storefronts into apts or some shite.
Spoiler: they're all gonna be unused
They stick 'em on top in Dublin, so I'd exepct to see similar.