Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Are we sure Noir is running? He could be loyal to Soldier Boy and needs to get the tracker out to go get some poo poo done, or find him alone.

He also could be Vought loyal, but knows that poo poo will go down and Soldier Boy may be able to use the tracker against Noir.

Surprising that Soldier Boy hasn’t mentioned Noir yet, given that he’s apparently the baddest remaining member of Payback, and the only one who got into the 7.

I was confused about Noir's behavior too until the TNT Twins told Soldier Boy that it was Noir's idea to give Soldier Boy to the Russians. Soldier Boy then says "that's impossible because Noir doesn't do anything without direct orders from Vought". We have no reason not to believe any of them, and that exchange perfectly explains Noir's behavior in the elevator

Noir is absolutely terrified of Soldier Boy's revenge but he's also completely loyal to the Vought company so he's probably going to try to help stop Soldier Boy without ever directly confronting him

I do think that Noir might be running off to let Maeve out of wherever they're keeping her, although I'm not sure why she wouldn't be in the same prison cell that Starlight was in after Noir captured her in S2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

:perfect:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My guess is that Noir wanted to oust Soldier Boy because he naively thought he could become the new face of the team, which is why he engineered the “coup”, but he didn’t anticipate Soldier Boy nuking his face and removing his ability to speak.

And btw Black Noir showing up in the Imagine video was the hardest I’ve laughed in a long time, absolutely was t ready for it, so amazing.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Watching the bit with the Nicaragua flashback again, Noir is talking to Edgar about how he is going to be playing a bigger role on the team, hence why he wants people to see his face. The "bigger role" in question could very well be that he is about to replace Soldier Boy as leader, ie. the fix was in and Noir/Edgar were already conspiring to frag Soldier Boy

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

My guess is that Noir wanted to oust Soldier Boy because he naively thought he could become the new face of the team, which is why he engineered the “coup”, but he didn’t anticipate Soldier Boy nuking his face and removing his ability to speak.

And btw Black Noir showing up in the Imagine video was the hardest I’ve laughed in a long time, absolutely was t ready for it, so amazing.

What part of "Noir never does anything without explicit orders from Vought" did you not understand? Noir didn't plan all that. He just followed orders. We have no idea who actually gave the order to give Soldier Boy to the Russians or why

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/antonystarr/status/1540420127899783168

Bust Rodd posted:

What?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Elephant Ambush posted:

What part of "Noir never does anything without explicit orders from Vought" did you not understand? Noir didn't plan all that. He just followed orders. We have no idea who actually gave the order to give Soldier Boy to the Russians or why

TBF Soldier Boy could just be mistaken. All that lines definitively proves is that Soldier Boy believes it. It's likely true, but I think it could still turn out that Noir was making his own move (and then it blew up in his face and he never stepped out of line again)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I still think there's a weapon out there we don't know about. MM tries to gas Soldier Boy and it doesn't do poo poo to him. How'd the Russians subdue him?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Soldier Boy ALSO thought his girlfriend loved him, he thought America would rescue him, he’s a dumbass who doesn’t know anything and believes everything anyone tells him.

Edit: lmao @ “Black Noir is a company man!” following the episode on which Black Noir completely ghosts Vought & abandons them

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 24, 2022

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Watching the bit with the Nicaragua flashback again, Noir is talking to Edgar about how he is going to be playing a bigger role on the team, hence why he wants people to see his face. The "bigger role" in question could very well be that he is about to replace Soldier Boy as leader, ie. the fix was in and Noir/Edgar were already conspiring to frag Soldier Boy

the first line Mallory hears when she starts eavesdropping on them is "everyone but Gunpowder" before the subject changes to Noir's mask, this could be taken to mean that Noir was telling Edgar that everyone but Gunpowder was in on the plot against Soldier Boy

edit: the clip in question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX3IlEocLsc

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Bust Rodd posted:

Soldier Boy ALSO thought his girlfriend loved him, he thought America would rescue him, he’s a dumbass who doesn’t know anything and believes everything anyone tells him.

Edit: lmao @ “Black Noir is a company man!” following the episode on which Black Noir completely ghosts Vought & abandons them

He might not be a company man, but he could be a Stan Edgar man.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Huh, just realized that all the press about Jensen being uncomfortable etc was phony bologna, he doesn’t even take his shirt off in this episode! Unless Episode 7-8 or has a flashback Herogasm (with FULL 70’s bush!) then that was like a giant, concerted, multi month long multi-junket long lie cooked up by the showrunners to misdirect us away from the cool fight towards the horniness

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bust Rodd posted:

Huh, just realized that all the press about Jensen being uncomfortable etc was phony bologna, he doesn’t even take his shirt off in this episode! Unless Episode 7-8 or has a flashback Herogasm (with FULL 70’s bush!) then that was like a giant, concerted, multi month long multi-junket long lie cooked up by the showrunners to misdirect us away from the cool fight towards the horniness

He actually just didn't want to punch Antony Starr.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Bust Rodd posted:

Sounds like a Vought promotional strategy to me

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

I still think there's a weapon out there we don't know about. MM tries to gas Soldier Boy and it doesn't do poo poo to him. How'd the Russians subdue him?

This is good point. MM studies those Russian lab experiment videos and figures out that gas is what they use to subdue Soldier Boy but for some reason it doesn't work now?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is good point. MM studies those Russian lab experiment videos and figures out that gas is what they use to subdue Soldier Boy but for some reason it doesn't work now?

Maybe the poo poo he snorted in the motel room counteracted the gas?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Elephant Ambush posted:

Could have also been to show that whatever the Russians did to him to give him the beam thing also made him impervious to the gas they used on him, but I dunno. It's hard to tell what we're supposed to think about how he got captured or if we're supposed to expect another flashback to explain it or the answer is just "his team beat him up and handed him over"

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Bust Rodd posted:

He ghosted Homelander, who is in defacto control of a Vought. Stan Edgar is not at Vought. It is very likely that Soldier Boy will go after Edgar next since things are pointing to him having the answers and/or being responsible for the set-up.

We've seen before that Edgar uses Noir to do wet work that he doesn't want anyone else to know about, and they have a shared history that is deeply connected to Soldier Boy.

It's possible that Noir is just also scared of Soldier Boy coming after him but I would be very surprised if he doesn't turn up whenever SB confronts Edgar. Also be interesting to see if SB is immune to head popping.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I wonder if Noir is going to wherever he stashed Maeve, and what state she's in. she's supposedly has a lot of air time in the final episode this season. Pointless speculation based off of nothing, maybe Noir took her to Stan, because Stan always seems to have contingency plans in case his assets go rogue- then again Victoria was probably that contingency plan so I don't know

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Quite possible what the Russians used to subdue Soldier Boy wasnt like a sort of sleeping gas gas. Didn't they freeze him? So maybe it was liquid nitrogen they pumped into the room.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
It makes more sense that the video of Soldier Boy getting knocked out with gas was way earlier in the Russian test program, seeing how they were basically just poking and prodding him at that point. He could have gained immunity to the knockout gas they were using but MM wouldn't have any way of knowing that.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

That bit where Soldier Boy picks up the knockout gas grenade and smokes it is some top tier storytelling.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Blue Raider posted:

That bit where Soldier Boy picks up the knockout gas grenade and smokes it is some top tier storytelling.

I seriously thought he was gonna eat it like The Mask with the bundle of dynamite lol.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I love the way the writers are able to weave plot threads so that we have an episode where multiple characters confront the person who killed their loved one and have to work out how to deal with a response of regret/indifference/denial/gloating, and that doesn't feel forced by the writers that it all happens in a 15 minute window even through it obviously is. The characters just naturally meet because of course they are all in the same place at the same time and then those conversations happen because they are all ready to have that conversation.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Monsieur Charcuterie just having fun and being his best self

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

grate deceiver posted:

Monsieur Charcuterie just having fun and being his best self

God I love Karl Urban's absolute glee in that fight. Yeah he's getting hit, but he's been hit before. But it's Homelander, he's been dreaming of a day like this for years.

e: hey, what happened to Cherie, she dead? A lot was going on and I can't go back and re-watch that part at the moment

e2: Ah ok, thanks. Guess she was out of it when Frenchie and Kimiko were talking

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 24, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

As Nero Danced posted:

God I love Karl Urban's absolute glee in that fight. Yeah he's getting hit, but he's been hit before. But it's Homelander, he's been dreaming of a day like this for years.

e: hey, what happened to Cherie, she dead? A lot was going on and I can't go back and re-watch that part at the moment

She's alive. Last seen asleep on the hideout couch.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I swore that scene where Butcher was talking to Homelander in the Flatiron building was a v24 withdrawal hallucination. I guess it really happened.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Not a bad episode, a tad overhyped maybe, there wasn't anything that shocking with Herogasm minus one or two scenes.

That being Love Sausage making his triumphant return with his penis and poor MM getting a body full of cum blasted on him. The sex stuff? It wasn't anything special, hell, I bet some people here have been to gatherings that have been much like that. If you're part of the BDSM community, you likely chuckled at all this and wondered
if most people thought it was extreme and considered that quaint at best. Okay so maybe a third scene with Deep loving an octopus. I wonder if Homelander will make him eat that one, better hope it's only ink that spills out.

I get what they're trying for with Starlight and Hughie but it's not exactly gripping stuff.

V24 appears to be quite powerful, if it enables you to take a few hits from Homelander of all people, that seems much stronger than what some other supers are able to do or withstand. Not that Homelander likely thought that they'd still be standing, how often does he really try? He's never needed to do so, like everything he's been half assing it until now, but a real fight? This is a first for him. Likely why they were able to do so well against him. If anything else, it just goes to show how strong he really is, as even the one guy that is supposed to be able to take him out really was struggling and would have died if not for the actions of Butcher. I thought Homelander and Soldier Boy might be rather even, that was clearly not the case. You'd think Soldier Boy would know how to fight unless he was always half assing it as well during his superhero days, if anyone had combat experience, he would have. Didn't really amount to much either way.

Was anyone else trying to see if Noir was showing any skin or not when he was removing that tracker? I still don't think it's actually the original, for one Noir seems taller than the older one. If he can cut himself open with a knife, that kinda says something about his ability to take damage. Love Homelander telling Noir he could be trusted only for Noir to nope out of there. Question is what is he doing.

So Annie went public. My bet is Homelander will say he broke up with her, she was at an orgy being a slut and Vought will push that whole angle. It's basic and you know people would fall for it easily. Especially with Homelander being treated the way he has this season and people loving him for it. Plus, we see how women are often treated by the powerful. Hell look at todays BS ruling for an example of things.

As for the whole Kimiko and Frenchie storyline........who cares.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

The Last Call posted:

Not a bad episode, a tad overhyped maybe, there wasn't anything that shocking with Herogasm minus one or two scenes.

That being Love Sausage making his triumphant return with his penis and poor MM getting a body full of cum blasted on him. The sex stuff? It wasn't anything special, hell, I bet some people here have been to gatherings that have been much like that. If you're part of the BDSM community, you likely chuckled at all this and wondered
if most people thought it was extreme and considered that quaint at best. Okay so maybe a third scene with Deep loving an octopus. I wonder if Homelander will make him eat that one, better hope it's only ink that spills out.

I was thinking the same thing. Dildos, nipple clamps, and binding, whoopdie do. I've been propositioned with far worse by weirdos online. I think it was a bit overstated in the marketing, but it fit with being a collection of losers rather than every single supe in the world, and I really doubt they could do a full on orgy and make a decent show out of it, especially this deep into the season. Better that it stays something just going on as a backdrop to the actual plot.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

As Nero Danced posted:

It also seemed like he was basking in his ability to take a hit from Homelander--seeing the fear on Homelander's face as he realizes he can't just effortlessly put him down.

I mean, he lets himself get lasered, waits a good 90 seconds before helping Soldier Boy (though that could've also been to catch Homie off-guard), then just sort of stands there and lets Homelander hit him in the face a bunch of times (with only the occasional headbutt or laser eyes thrown in).

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

As Nero Danced posted:

I was thinking the same thing. Dildos, nipple clamps, and binding, whoopdie do. I've been propositioned with far worse by weirdos online. I think it was a bit overstated in the marketing, but it fit with being a collection of losers rather than every single supe in the world, and I really doubt they could do a full on orgy and make a decent show out of it, especially this deep into the season. Better that it stays something just going on as a backdrop to the actual plot.

I have to ask.. what did you guys expect?

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Soldier boy's power was the removal of super powers since before the russians, presumably he used it on Black Noir in Nicaragua and then he caught a grenade to the face before the russians kidnapped Soldier Boy, and Mallory interpreted that as 'the russians have an anti-supe gun which disabled Soldier Boy and hosed Black Noir's ability to heal/why he became mute'

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Black Noir rapes Hughie.

There's a reason I tell people not to read the comics.

I thought he just shoved his thumb up Hughie's butt

Herogasm in the comics is about the same as in the show. A lot of that is just specifically that when it comes up, we've seen all the heroes do a bunch of gross and unspeakable poo poo already that Herogasm itself doesn't really have the same shock value that it would have on its own. There's a couple of things like beastality in one panel (that I had to go back and check to make sure it was even there, since someone in the thread brought it up and I totally missed it lol, I guess Garth Ennis has the ability to make mundane out of the disgusting) and supes snorting ground up fetus and Mauve's vaginal mucus or whatever. But other than that, no one really does poo poo that raises an eyebrow given the poo poo that already happens.

Same thing here really, nothing can top ant-man exploding someone's dick from the inside. Why even try. Just some general debauchery to set the scene of the larger plot.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

El Padrino posted:

Soldier boy's power was the removal of super powers since before the russians, presumably he used it on Black Noir in Nicaragua and then he caught a grenade to the face before the russians kidnapped Soldier Boy, and Mallory interpreted that as 'the russians have an anti-supe gun which disabled Soldier Boy and hosed Black Noir's ability to heal/why he became mute'

Has this been stated at all? Because that is the complete opposite of what I've gotten from this season.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Velius posted:

It’s not a good sign for Maeve’s future if they’re back loading her time in the season. Connotes a lot of death flags in the season ender. Especially with Homelander reminiscing about all the women who’ve abandoned him and listing her, when we know she hated him from the start.

also the parallel between that and crimson countess telling soldier boy she hated him from the start

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Small detail: mothers milk is providing triage to a guy wearing a shirt. Most likely this was a caterer, not a supe.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dalael posted:

I don't think people were expecting anything until the creators and actors were like,

"OMG u guys won't belive the stuff we did for upcoming episode Herogasm! Woah boy get ready one actor ever refused to film a scene wow its gonna be raaaaunchy!"

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

christmas boots posted:

Has this been stated at all? Because that is the complete opposite of what I've gotten from this season.

I don't think it's been stated like that but Black Noir showed in S2 that he has healing abilities like Kimiko, back then speculation was that his super healing resulted in massive scar tissue like what was shown when Maeve shoved the almond joy in his mouth.

In the Nicaragua flashback he looks fine until Mallory finds him hosed up and trying to reach for his mask, so something "turned off" his healing power. First they thought it was an 'anti-supe gun' that the Boys went to Russia to find before the Soldier Boy reveal

Edit: and of course, this is just speculation on my part

El Padrino fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dalael posted:

It was kinda hyped up by the cast and people on the show, so expectations it would go even further than anything before.

They made it seem like it was going to be this massive thing, and it really wasn't. Especially compared to what's already happened.