Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
drat that's a 2009 rear end post

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Everything but soda goes down the drain

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Agreed. dump this twee garbage and grab yourself a classic: Miller high life

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Y’all are missing the point that it’s a god-awful horrific beer. I like open/mixed ferm stuff normally. I generally like OEC’s product. This was bad…my partner loves funky sour beers and even she couldn’t get more than three sips in. Maybe a bad batch slipped through their QC, I don’t know.

Control Volume posted:

Agreed. dump this twee garbage and grab yourself a classic: Miller high life

I washed the taste out with a Bass.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Looks like Tired Hands and Jean Broliet are back on their abusive bullshit:

https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/sig...-workers-wishes

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

As the guy who had a Tired Hands av for a decade, man Jean fuckin sucks

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Genesee pineapple kolsch is shockingly good

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Sapporo is buying Stone, Greg Cock is leaving

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220623006037/en/Sapporo-U.S.A.-to-Acquire-Stone-Brewing

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Trying to remember the last time I bought anything from stone. One of their taprooms is close to me and I'll occasionally stop in to buy some of their taproom-only stuff if it sounds interesting, but I havent bought any of their core beers in ages.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

sporkstand posted:

Trying to remember the last time I bought anything from stone. One of their taprooms is close to me and I'll occasionally stop in to buy some of their taproom-only stuff if it sounds interesting, but I havent bought any of their core beers in ages.

I think I started straying away from them when every stone I got, in bottle can or draft, tasted skunked. That woulda been in the early 2010s, and I haven't had one since then.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Stone sucks except their "best by" beers. But then again, I haven't had one of those in a couple years.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Stone sucks except their "best by" beers. But then again, I haven't had one of those in a couple years.

I kinda like their Xocoveza that they release during the holidays. Other than that tho...

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

it's friday and hot as hell, great time for this strawberry mint gose from lupulin brewing! drat it's tasty

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/40035/607006/

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

sporkstand posted:

I kinda like their Xocoveza that they release during the holidays. Other than that tho...

Yeah, that's the last Stone beer I have consumed and it was just this last xmas. Love me some Mexican hot chocolate so those stouts are in my wheelhouse. Not sure how long it'd been since I'd had something from them prior to that, years for sure.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Alright, who's got a kegerator? I finally splurged on one, an Insignia single tap from Best Buy. Got my c02 filled, got my keg, but all is not right. I'm getting more head than a good date, and the carbonation isn't quite right. Manual calls for a psi of 10-12, so I tried a couple of levels within that threshold. It seems to be getting slightly better but still way too much head at the beginning. I can basically fill a pint glass with head quite easily. I did have a little bit of beer flowing from the top of the keg but I tightened that some more so I think thats ruled out. I originally had some hissing from the c02 canister where the regulator connects to it but I tightened it (requiring quite a bit of force) and that seems to be gone as well. So whats going on? The keg has been inside the kegerator for over 24 hours at max setting, manual calls for me not to make adjustments to that until 48 hours have passed. I'm on pint 4 or 5 now I'm not sure

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

codo27 posted:

Alright, who's got a kegerator? I finally splurged on one, an Insignia single tap from Best Buy. Got my c02 filled, got my keg, but all is not right. I'm getting more head than a good date, and the carbonation isn't quite right. Manual calls for a psi of 10-12, so I tried a couple of levels within that threshold. It seems to be getting slightly better but still way too much head at the beginning. I can basically fill a pint glass with head quite easily. I did have a little bit of beer flowing from the top of the keg but I tightened that some more so I think thats ruled out. I originally had some hissing from the c02 canister where the regulator connects to it but I tightened it (requiring quite a bit of force) and that seems to be gone as well. So whats going on? The keg has been inside the kegerator for over 24 hours at max setting, manual calls for me not to make adjustments to that until 48 hours have passed. I'm on pint 4 or 5 now I'm not sure

I have that same one. Go lower on the psi, more like 8-10. It’s gonna be different for every keg/type of beer too. Sometimes just flat out pull the release valve and let some air out. It’ll also settle a bit more once you get about a third into the keg. What you got in the keg?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

codo27 posted:

Replace your stock 5' beer lines with 10'. It'll cause a bit more line resistance, so it doesn't come flying out with a shitload of foam, but lets you run around 10psi to keep proper keg carbonation. I also put some teflon tape on my co2 tanks when I connect them to the regulator. But some kegs, you'll just have a bunch of foam. Typically the first pint is the foamiest, and the second won't have much. So give your friend the lovely pour and keep the second for yourself because it's your beer and he's only over there to drink your free beer.

Also, it's a pain in the rear end to swap the beer lines in the tower if you have 2 or more taps. I've got a 2-tapper Insignia from Best Buy as well.

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

codo27 posted:

Alright, who's got a kegerator?

If there's no fan blowing cold air into the tower, rig something up to do that. Keeping the beer in the lines in the tower cold plus the Shanks/faucets can help a ton with foaming.
Definitely seconding the additional beer line length as well.
Finally, it's a silly one and many beer people already know this one but to rule it out, always open the tap all the way and close all the way. Partially opening the tap causes disruptions in the flow of the beer which causes CO2 to come out of solution.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah, my coworker told me not to gently caress around with it and just open it all the way up when pouring. I didn't really get any satisfaction last night though. Still tons of head, and not enough carbonation. Wasn't the worst I've ever had after I let the head settle but not that crisp taste from the pub that I expected.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zaepho posted:

If there's no fan blowing cold air into the tower, rig something up to do that. Keeping the beer in the lines in the tower cold plus the Shanks/faucets can help a ton with foaming.
Definitely seconding the additional beer line length as well.
Finally, it's a silly one and many beer people already know this one but to rule it out, always open the tap all the way and close all the way. Partially opening the tap causes disruptions in the flow of the beer which causes CO2 to come out of solution.

I think the regulator that comes with the Insignias is kind of lovely anyway, at least from my googling over the past couple years I’ve had it. I have a brand new quality regulator still in the packaging that I’ve been meaning to swap in but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Basically just replace parts with better ones when you have some spare cash. I added a second line for nitro setup and replaced the tower, faucets, shanks, and lines and now it runs pretty smooth. First few pints of a new settled keg I use to fine tune the CO2 and from there just adjust as needed.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Out of curiosity, what’s the advantage of a new tower?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Out of curiosity, what’s the advantage of a new tower?

Well for me it was the addition of a second tap, but mostly aesthetics if you care about that or you can get ones with insulation that helps keep everything cold all the way to the glass as the other poster mentioned.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ahh gotcha. Yeah my insignia came with an insulated one, but yeah, adding a tap was pretty obvious. The fan was something I never bothered with. I really should though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ahh gotcha. Yeah my insignia came with an insulated one, but yeah, adding a tap was pretty obvious. The fan was something I never bothered with. I really should though.

In my opinion the best upgrade is replacing the standard faucet with a perlick style one:

Smoother pour imo and it doesn’t get the gunk build up and stickiness of a standard faucet.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yep. I have Intertap ones and they rock.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Two cans of The Kind randomly kicked my rear end last night, I slept so hard I didn't even wake up to piss!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So I didn't make any other changes but what I did today was put a glass under the tap and let the foam poor into that until I noticed the steam turned clear and put my actual pint glass in then and my pours are now perfect, cold, taste crisp and perfect amount of head. Happy codo right now

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I am drinking Genesee Cream Ale, one of the greatest beers of all time. For whatever reason it is loving hard to find now. I live in Asheville and it is nowhere to be found, I took a work trip to Raleigh this week and was able to grab some at a Wegmans. Stopped at a Total Wine first and they were all sold out. I'm about to write a strongly worded letter to Genesee demanding an explanation why I can't buy loving cream ale but every grocery store I go to has their NA beer.

Brawnfire posted:

Two cans of The Kind randomly kicked my rear end last night, I slept so hard I didn't even wake up to piss!

Weird flex to post how you pissed your bed but ok.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm just honest that way

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Genessee cream ale fuckin slaps and is criminally underrated

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Genessee cream ale fuckin slaps and is criminally underrated

I don't miss all that much from my three years in upstate NY but Genny cream is on the list

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Josh Wow posted:

Weird flex to post how you pissed your bed but ok.

Beer goons love piss-braggin'.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
I looked for the cream ale in Northern Virginia a while back and came up empty handed. Found Genesee Lager though, which was ok for a cheapo, kinda like a gansett or natty bo or rolling rock. I should try again.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

what would a long summer weekend be without some delicious, refreshing fruited sours?

we've got a key lime pie from a local place (indeed), a strawberry/pineapple sour from a place I haven't heard of before (but is apparently based here in minneapolis), and a tart tangerine and navel orange sour from great notion in portland, which I"m having right now. definitely tart! but not as much tartness as say, a grapefruit.

:cheers:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Drinking some Victory Summer Love ❤️

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I might be one of the few that hasn't been able to get on the sour train. They're just too much for me to drink more than like a half at a time.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Drinking some Victory Summer Love ❤️

Didn't they stop making that or am I thinking of something else?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I might be one of the few that hasn't been able to get on the sour train. They're just too much for me to drink more than like a half at a time.

I feel that way about a lot of dark beers, it's like drinking a giant sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Got a twelver of Three Heads Tiny Kind session for the weekend

Yum