Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Minamino is heading to Monaco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Minimonaco

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
What even is Lukaku’s level? As with Pogba, I guess we’ll never know.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Xabi posted:

What even is Lukaku’s level? As with Pogba, I guess we’ll never know.

Everton.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Xabi posted:

What even is Lukaku’s level?

the one where you roll up all the farm animals to make a katamari

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Are loan players allowed to appear against their parent clubs in the CL?

Can't wait for a man Chelsea paid £100m for ten months ago to knock them out of Europe and then celebrate

It's not normally the competition that bans it, just the loan agreement. I'd like to say I'd be astonished if Chelsea were dumb enough to let that happen here but...

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Dudley posted:

It's not normally the competition that bans it, just the loan agreement. I'd like to say I'd be astonished if Chelsea were dumb enough to let that happen here but...

It can be both. The Premier League and the Championship both disallow loanees from playing against the lending club, there's no contractual clause that will allow it. UEFA, on the other hand, have said that 'any "private contract" between clubs which might influence the other's team selection is "null, void and unenforceable so far as Uefa is concerned", with any attempt to enforce such a clause a "clear violation" of the regulations, which would prompt sanction' (from an article about the Courtois match in 2014). La Liga has no stance on the issue so most clubs put the 'this player can't play against us' clause in the loan agreement, but Real Madrid removed it from their loans in 2019.

All the info is from this blog, so grain of salt and all that, but he does note that Bayern have benefitted the most from loans scoring goals against their parent club in the CL and has videos too. Coman against Juventus, Rodriguez against Real Madrid and Coutinho against Barcelona.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://twitter.com/ChrisCOB_OB/status/1539612000472408065?s=20&t=R22ipQsTREgE255dXAjnbw

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Kieran Gibbs to Bayern confirmed

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This has big Guy Goma energy

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Rangers going for a weird policy of bookending transfers, have signed McGregor to a 1 year extension at 40, and have now signed Zac Lovelace from Millwall aged 16.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/nufc/status/1540036261926289415

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

West Brom have now signed Jed Wallace as well. Really excellent opening to the window imo, as good as could be reasonably expected anyway. Would like a right back to replace Furlong and someone at least as good as Andy Carroll up front and we might actually have a decent team.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

sprotto posted:

someone at least as good as Andy Carroll up front.

Jozy's recently signed a contract with New England Revolution but I'm sure there's another striker out there somewhere.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Stealing this from bovvy
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1540035271290458113?s=20&t=zfvNygEzS-cVpDWVEMO9cw

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1540019104488329220?s=21&t=OfIAhA92GBKiuFUUcV9a8w

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
someone once posted here about how we should celebrate Pogba for relentlessly loving over united again and again and heck i agree

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

we'll always have fred

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

which is as much a threat as a promise

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Has anyone watched The Pogmentary™ yet?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

greazeball posted:

It can be both. The Premier League and the Championship both disallow loanees from playing against the lending club, there's no contractual clause that will allow it. UEFA, on the other hand, have said that 'any "private contract" between clubs which might influence the other's team selection is "null, void and unenforceable so far as Uefa is concerned", with any attempt to enforce such a clause a "clear violation" of the regulations, which would prompt sanction' (from an article about the Courtois match in 2014). La Liga has no stance on the issue so most clubs put the 'this player can't play against us' clause in the loan agreement, but Real Madrid removed it from their loans in 2019.

All the info is from this blog, so grain of salt and all that, but he does note that Bayern have benefitted the most from loans scoring goals against their parent club in the CL and has videos too. Coman against Juventus, Rodriguez against Real Madrid and Coutinho against Barcelona.

coutinho scoring 2 vs barcelona was genuinely one of the funniest football moments i've ever seen. what a farce of a club

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I think you'll find he's a nailed on starter actually.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

nawilo_420 posted:

someone once posted here about how we should celebrate Pogba for relentlessly loving over united again and again and heck i agree

he's about to gently caress Juventus up as well

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Paging African a*ds c*m

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1540376046662725632?s=20&t=LhqRko7sKVSl-IyjWp5kKQ

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Now just need Pep to buy Rice and England have a fighting chance at the World Cup

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like there must be some significant add ons because that seems awfully low for an England international with a few years left on his contract. Still suppose it's a profit on Leeds's initial transfer outlay of £0.

Glad he gets to win a couple of trophies and get paid a wedge, and didn't have to take the inevitable offer go to pooshited that would have come when the dejong deal falls through. Farewell to a good lad who always did his best and got maybe the most benefit out of working with bielsa. See you in 20 years when you take an ill-advised job as interim manager to try and prevent relegation or something

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

the sex ghost posted:

Feel like there must be some significant add ons because that seems awfully low

Game's gone.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

sassassin posted:

Game's gone.

Leeds United deserve their share of the Saudi blood money imo

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1540238417044422657

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
never thought i'd see newcastle beating milan to transfer in my lifetime

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Big Wayne to Hanging Around Waiting For Lampard To Get Sacked is a done deal

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/06/club-statement-240622

There was a strong suggestion that he'd stick around for a season in League One if the administrators could sort something out and it wouldn't just be another season as a dead club walking, so it sounds like the Portsmouth bell is tolling for thee

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
tbf Rooney relegating Everton would be even funnier than Lampard doing it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

never thought i'd see newcastle beating milan to transfer in my lifetime

Who?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Big Wayne to Hanging Around Waiting For Lampard To Get Sacked is a done deal

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/06/club-statement-240622

There was a strong suggestion that he'd stick around for a season in League One if the administrators could sort something out and it wouldn't just be another season as a dead club walking, so it sounds like the Portsmouth bell is tolling for thee

apparently a local property developer is going to buy Derby (they just bought Pride Park in preparation) but between Wazza and Festy Ebosele leaving it appears they may be in the midst of doing a Sunderland

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Should have sold him after the euros for 80 mil, he regressed a bit and The Bielsa system made him injury prone

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sven Botman.

All the big ITKs saying Jesus to Arsenal is agreed for £45m.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arteta couldn’t hack it with the last two incredibly expensive strikers so let’s hope this time it turns out differently for some reason.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
He has previous with this one at least.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Lot of great sour grapes milanista chatter that kuluku getting the call up is the preferred move to botman anyway and we're buying a dud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tetsuo posted:

Lot of great sour grapes milanista chatter that kuluku getting the call up is the preferred move to botman anyway and we're buying a dud.

Huffing that copium. Kululu rules, but the Milan front office literally aren't being given any money to spend right now. They'd have signed Botman and Sanches both if their ownership would write a check, but instead...