Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Blue jean babyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
so, as they overturn Roe today in the capital, I’m reminded of RBG, for no reason probably, refusing to retire and secure her legacy as a women’s rights activist, and I’m gonna lol at perhaps the biggest unforced error in women’s rights, perhaps of all time?

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug
She also officiated a wedding with no mask during the height of the pandemic while being like 150 years old and her body being 70% cancer by volume, then dropping dead 2 weeks later. #girlboss

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Katie Couric straight up removing RBG's extended screed about how black people should be happy they were taken from Africa because she didn't want her to look racist

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Top Gun Reference posted:

She also officiated a wedding with no mask during the height of the pandemic while being like 150 years old and her body being 70% cancer by volume, then dropping dead 2 weeks later. #girlboss

she died of covid

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/tarnished_dwebb/status/1540070872983166976?s=20&t=5lI8NZfetL5zyEEbR9LREw

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zerg Mans posted:

Katie Couric straight up removing RBG's extended screed about how black people should be happy they were taken from Africa because she didn't want her to look racist

Brett Kavanaugh hired more black people on his staff than RBG did

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
voting for Hillary in 2016 after swallowing my bile and then she still lost

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

based

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

so, as they overturn Roe today in the capital, I’m reminded of RBG, for no reason probably, refusing to retire and secure her legacy as a women’s rights activist, and I’m gonna lol at perhaps the biggest unforced error in women’s rights, perhaps of all time?

She didnt retire in 2013 cause she wanted her replacement to be picked by Hillary Clinton. Lol. Lmao even.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Thank god we didn't go with the hippie grandpa who wanted everyone to have healthcare

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Anime Liker posted:

Thank god we didn't go with the hippie grandpa who wanted everyone to have healthcare

Bernie at his best was a lot more likable than the hippies

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Bust Rodd posted:

Remembering rbg's personal trainer doing push-ups in front of her casket in the capitol rotunda before being buried alive in her sprawling tomb complex.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

Remembering rbg's personal trainer doing push-ups in front of her casket in the capitol rotunda before being buried alive in her sprawling tomb complex.

I hope we see more people performing their professions at funerals. I’d love to see a pancake flip or butchery

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL it came to America draped in a flag and carrying a cross

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Big shout-out to the legacy of the Notorious RBG

- qualified immunity for killer cops

- oil companies seizing indigenous land

- the end of Roe

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember when Obama was talking about his process to choose a Supreme Court nominee, and he said something about how a judge needs empathy, and the right were wailing and gnashing their teeth at such a vile thought

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember when Obama was talking about his process to choose a Supreme Court nominee, and he said something about how a judge needs empathy, and the right were wailing and gnashing their teeth at such a vile thought

remembering this too lol https://twitter.com/alexthomp/status/1256975027897065474

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
this has already been deleted but I had to save it for posterity because this is truly next level insane for what is happening today

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

literally shoving my head up my rear end in solidarity with women

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
e: wrong thread lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

That was sotomayor right? I definitely remember this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh how do you miss a problem like Maria

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's still extremely hosed up that Hillary, a woman, is the first person ever to have to run against an opponent in a presidential primary.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1255175048031350789

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

remember Biden calling a voter a liar after he implied Biden was selling influence in Ukraine then challenging him to a push up contest

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Proust Malone posted:

remember Biden calling a voter a liar after he implied Biden was selling influence in Ukraine then challenging him to a push up contest

That's actually funny and cool

Stop trying to make me like Joe

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Proust Malone posted:

was that the "listen, fat" conversation

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Proust Malone posted:

i thought that was one of the ones where biden screamed in the guy's face

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I was a college student during the latter half of the Bush years, and celebrated Obama's election my senior year. I attended meetings of the College Democrats instead of some actual radical student political organizations because I was lib-brained back then.

Anyway, here's descriptions of some of the folks I knew there:

- The President of College Democrats, who later admitted on Facebook he voted for Chris Christie in 2009.
- The secretary, who was an unhinged Zionist.
- Some random dude who one day gave an open invitation any eligible people in the room to join the Freemasons, which in hindsight was a bigger WTF moment the more I think about it.
- Some guy who chaired a separate organization called "Democrats for Life". He's a cop now.
- The one and only guy who wanted Hillary over Obama. He's probably the worst.
- Some dude who became a professional artist. He later received a commission to paint Trump's likeness on a guitar for a band that performed at the 2016 RNC. The guitar later ended up in Trump's hands in the oval office and the president apparently liked it and autographed it. It left enough of an impression that later on, after Trump left the White House, the ex-president invited him to Mar-a-Lago for a meet & greet & photo. Despite that, he didn't make a right wing pivot in his drawing career and simply focused on commissions to paint athletes on jerseys.

There were also a few people in the room whose politics legitimately improved following 2016, though not many.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Anime Liker posted:

It's still extremely hosed up that Hillary, a woman, is the first person ever to have to run against an opponent in a presidential primary.

It👏was👏her👏turn👏

Could someone translate the crazy here for me, please?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
white women.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It👏was👏her👏turn👏

Could someone translate the crazy here for me, please?

Bernie wrote a nanowrimo advocating for sexual enslavement for women and children ala Gor

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

He wrote an essay back in the 70s about how patriarchy fucks with our brains where one example was a woman who has fantasies about being raped. It's not like a great essay and that part didn't age super well but it's basically correct overall iirc

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
If they even try to replace RBG, we riot

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

StashAugustine posted:

He wrote an essay back in the 70s about how patriarchy fucks with our brains where one example was a woman who has fantasies about being raped. It's not like a great essay and that part didn't age super well but it's basically correct overall iirc

it’s not bad for a 24 year old kid in the 50s trying to sus this stuff out with nothing more than a Betty Friedan pamphlet to light the way, tbh

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

StashAugustine posted:

Isn't that also the reasoning behind the popularity of "bodice ripper" novels back then, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Two COVID simulation games came out on steam in the same week.

One was goon made about slowly watching a business slide into ruin as variants, anti-vax sentiment, and incredibly unwise individual choices spread.

The other was from China and you implement measures to contain and eventually eradicate it.