Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pablo Bluth posted:

This will be the 5th or 6th time I've made it to FoS, for whatever reason I've never made it to the Revival.

Because you have to dress up like a dickhead.

My friends invite me every year but I can't be arsed with the cosplaying it's the roaring 20s.

FoS kicks rear end though, if there's anything worth going deaf for, that would be my choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

Chemex makes more coffee than a standard size V60. I don't want shitloads of gadgets around the house, so I bought the pourover with the largest volume.

ya I have the middle size V60 and it basically makes one cup of coffee and it probably would be overflowing if I try and do any more. Like I said the Chemex is fine and will make a good pourover but time marches on and it has some weird quirks like the uneven filter thickness and its tendency to airlock or whatever. I think they rightfully have a bit of a reputation of being something used by hipster yuppie types who don't know anything about coffee because they look cool and give off the appearance like they maybe do. But volume is one of the valid reasons I'd go for one over a V60

Bryter posted:

Moka pots can ime occasionally make good coffee if your beans are ground within a very specific window of grind size (for a non-espresso grinder) and you dunk it in cold water or cover it in a wet towel the second it's finished brewing. Sometimes you can do all this perfectly and for no obvious reason the coffee tastes like horse piss that's been brewing in an ashtray.

They are extremely Italian

Its been a while since I've used a Moka pot but I'm thinking of getting another one now that I have a grinder so I can dial that in. I'm still expecting wildly inconsistent coffee from it though but it should be a fun experiment.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There's quite a lot of hill climb events on all around the place, which are normally good fun to go to

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1540419356642902018

quote:

F1 has agreed to renew its rights deal with ESPN through 2025, sources told SBJ. The three-year deal still doesn’t have a signed contract, but the racing series told Amazon and Comcast executives on Friday that neither company's bid was going to be accepted. Sources say that ESPN has agreed to pay around $75-90M per year for the rights. Currently, ESPN pays in the neighborhood of $5M per year for the rights, having signed a 3-year/$15M deal in 2019.

ESPN’s deal gives the media company flexibility to put a small, but undetermined number of races exclusively on its ESPN+ streaming service. Most races will be carried on linear television, either ABC or ESPN, sources said.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

yeah no poo poo hes not playing ecco

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

There's quite a lot of hill climb events on all around the place, which are normally good fun to go to

hell yes

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
you can also come watch me bin my car at a mcdonalds car park near you, which is basically F2 at Baku, just follow my insta

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

A Real Happy Camper posted:

yeah no poo poo hes not playing ecco

I have PTSD from that loving game

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

italian quid posted:

ya I have the middle size V60 and it basically makes one cup of coffee and it probably would be overflowing if I try and do any more. Like I said the Chemex is fine and will make a good pourover but time marches on and it has some weird quirks like the uneven filter thickness and its tendency to airlock or whatever. I think they rightfully have a bit of a reputation of being something used by hipster yuppie types who don't know anything about coffee because they look cool and give off the appearance like they maybe do. But volume is one of the valid reasons I'd go for one over a V60

I bought the big chemex to make a big pot of coffee when my parents come to visit, I used it twice, the bought a cheap coffee maker for them and now the chemex is a fancy flower vase.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Ecco kicked rear end

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Charles Leclerc posted:

FoS kicks rear end though, if there's anything worth going deaf for, that would be my choice.

FoS is on my list, so is Le Mans, and also Suzuka for the Grands Prix. Trying to work out getting to Le Mans next year, all going well.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

quote:

ESPN’s deal gives the media company flexibility to put a small, but undetermined number of races exclusively on its ESPN+ streaming service. Most races will be carried on linear television, either ABC or ESPN, sources said.

The streaming era is fuckin stupid as hell

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Bryter posted:

Moka pots can ime occasionally make good coffee if your beans are ground within a very specific window of grind size (for a non-espresso grinder) and you dunk it in cold water or cover it in a wet towel the second it's finished brewing. Sometimes you can do all this perfectly and for no obvious reason the coffee tastes like horse piss that's been brewing in an ashtray.

They are extremely Italian

You just need to ensure a minimum 10:1 ratio of price between grinder and moka pot.

e: 20:1

Diorama fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 25, 2022

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Gamerpost(tm) : Lewis is bad at Senna Super Monaco because he's trying to drive it like a car. You have to cheat and enter every corner from the inside because all the physics do is make you slide to the outside through the corner.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

italian quid posted:

Its been a while since I've used a Moka pot but I'm thinking of getting another one now that I have a grinder so I can dial that in. I'm still expecting wildly inconsistent coffee from it though but it should be a fun experiment.

Try the 4:6 method with a v60. Great for low and high volume imo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

marshalljim posted:

Pour overs for 12, hotshot

If you live in europe then all these machines are poo poo now. They drip through lukewarm water and the mildly hot plate turns itself off after an hour.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ferrari are being investigated for using illegal fuel :xd:

Edit: I've only seen mention of it in a meme, so may not be factual.

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jun 25, 2022

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Anime Store Adventure posted:

The streaming era is fuckin stupid as hell

Welcome to the Eurosport/Dazn zone. It has been this way for other sporting events for years. The only upside is that telcos have burned rubber to increase mobile and landline broadband coverage(at least in continental Europe).

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

learnincurve posted:

If you live in europe then all these machines are poo poo now. They drip through lukewarm water and the mildly hot plate turns itself off after an hour.

You can still get decent models from the likes of technivorm and sage. The cheap ones have always been pretty poor, starting the brew before the water is up to temp and then overshooting the mark with boiling water for the remainder. And hot plates were always the inferior option compared to an insulated carafe anyway.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I've now mentioned the Technivorm Moccamaster a couple of times already, why are there still people talking about other drip machines

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

SlowBloke posted:

Welcome to the Eurosport/Dazn zone. It has been this way for other sporting events for years. The only upside is that telcos have burned rubber to increase mobile and landline broadband coverage(at least in continental Europe).

Virgin made the mistake of going round our estate and door knocking to let everyone know that high speed internet would be coming to our area, the day before digging up all the roads and causing absolute chaos by only doing work during the day

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
btw i dont know how it is in other countries, but here DAZN just upped their price from 15 to 30 euros a month lmao. I cancelled immediately

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

is red bull gonna run out of junior drivers to put in their F1 cars? I dont see them giving daruvala or the like a seat

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

SocksAndSandals posted:

is red bull gonna run out of junior drivers to put in their F1 cars? I dont see them giving daruvala or the like a seat

red bull juniors program has always been running on empty, their current golden boy didn't even come up through it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:gizz: :gizz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78oVFDfEFj8

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Forget this F1 nonsense, this has been the car of the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96UjqDWGVns

insane

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

nawilo_420 posted:

btw i dont know how it is in other countries, but here DAZN just upped their price from 15 to 30 euros a month lmao. I cancelled immediately

Their latest new offer is 30€ for a single simultaneous device(two maximum registration) and 40€ for two simultaneous(six registrations). They grabbed a shitload of soccer series and that clientele is accustomed of being milked dry(sky made you pay these prices just to add the soccer channel) so i'm not expecting discounts any time soon.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

insane

leave it to the british to name a car the "Spéirling"

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

insane

Neat. 2000 kg of active downforce available at any speed, says Wiki. Enter that thing in the Pikes Peak Unlimited class.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

insane

They should replace the formula E cars with these.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

leave it to the british to name a car the "Spéirling"

It's Irish and should never be associated with the brits.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SocksAndSandals posted:

They should be happy they don't get throw in the Redbull-Max woodchipper.

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

They should replace the formula E all FIA governed cars with these.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
Latifi doesn't stand a chance only because there is clearly something different between his car and Albon's.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/latifi-puzzling-my-williams-f1-car-cant-match-what-albon-is-doing/10327981/

Very puzzling indeed.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Abisteen posted:

Latifi doesn't stand a chance only because there is clearly something different between his car and Albon's.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/latifi-puzzling-my-williams-f1-car-cant-match-what-albon-is-doing/10327981/

Very puzzling indeed.

albon's car has a serviceable driver, op

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
The confused thinking math lady meme except it's Latifi

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

true

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

marshalljim posted:

Neat. 2000 kg of active downforce available at any speed, says Wiki. Enter that thing in the Pikes Peak Unlimited class.

Too bad the pikes peak road is fully paved now

Petty Haberdasher
Jul 28, 2012

Abisteen posted:

Very puzzling indeed.

Does this explain him crashing on the formation lap as well?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I think this has been shared before, but man I love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6fDHXMnqc4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Abisteen posted:

Very puzzling indeed.

Yeah albon's car has albon behind the wheel so it is faster