Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I feel like Khan would make a better Mars given that the Mars/Moon relationship is a pretty prickly one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Do The Universe could have been a miss but they still got it. This scene could have been so bad if it was handled slightly differently, but it ended up hilarious.

https://twitter.com/nescartridges/status/1540188036243283968?t=y_tYaRIoVypcuaIIg3EsQA&s=19

Movie was great. A fish out of water story but B&B were outcast dumbasses even in their own time so the comedy fit like a glove. They're not even really cognizant enough to even realize they're in the future, so there isn't much of a "whoah things are different" plotting like a lot of these revivals do (like that Rocko's Modern Life movie from a couple years back.) The movie doesn't even revisit the extended cast to see where they are now. They get a lot of comedy out of an iPhone though. Kinda disappointed that the aged up B&B was for a brief shot, but it makes sense within the story.

The ending has them remain in the present day, 2022 rather than them going back in time. Pretty funny and fitting that the entire extended cast of the original show thinks that Beavis and Butthead died in space in 1998. Brilliant way to continue the show if they want to.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://i.imgur.com/0zau7HW.mp4

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

The new Beavis and Butthead was great. There were quite a few parts that made me laugh out loud.

Also major spoiler: One of them finally scores.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fuckin lol I've never watched his expression

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I didn't like Do the Universe. I just didn't think it was very funny. Also I don't think they did enough with them being in the future they should have done more with Beavis and Butthead fish out of water in 2022 but it seems like they spent too much time just getting them into a scenario where they'd be there. And when they were there there were the smartphone shenanigan's and the white privilege bit (which I thought was done well but then they showed the best part of the movie in the trailer so the rest was kind of a let down). A lot of it could have just been them being chased by the government in car chases in any era. I would have liked to see more time and jokes devoted specifically to them being out of their normal time if that was gonna be the premise. But most importantly at the end of the day I just didn't get as many laughs as I normally do from B&B

I went in with really high hopes maybe I was setting myself up for letdown.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Fuckin lol I've never watched his expression

Koth had amazing expressions

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

you broke my grill posted:

I didn't like Do the Universe. I just didn't think it was very funny. Also I don't think they did enough with them being in the future they should have done more with Beavis and Butthead fish out of water in 2022 but it seems like they spent too much time just getting them into a scenario where they'd be there. And when they were there there were the smartphone shenanigan's and the white privilege bit (which I thought was done well but then they showed the best part of the movie in the trailer so the rest was kind of a let down). A lot of it could have just been them being chased by the government in car chases in any era. I would have liked to see more time and jokes devoted specifically to them being out of their normal time if that was gonna be the premise. But most importantly at the end of the day I just didn't get as many laughs as I normally do from B&B

I went in with really high hopes maybe I was setting myself up for letdown.

I'll probably see it eventually but I have low expectations for it.

Not sure we really even needed it but seems like the best approach would either to be age them up a bit or just keep them the same age and stick them in a modern context with no explanation given. I don't know. I've seen a couple of funny clips but I'm nt real excited about it.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Do the Universe doesnt really stand as a feature film, its more of an extended episode like the South Park specials.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

yeah I wonder if the whole thing was just a way to set up upcoming new episodes where they will be in the current year but still be teenagers

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

yeah I wonder if the whole thing was just a way to set up upcoming new episodes where they will be in the current year but still be teenagers

Instead of MTV and music videos they're watching tik tok and youtube stuff on their phones while playing Fortnite GTA5 or Call of Duty.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

or just keep them the same age and stick them in a modern context with no explanation given. I don't know. I've seen a couple of funny clips but I'm nt real excited about it.

That's what the 2011 revival did and it worked great.

PeterPanda
Jan 3, 2022

BiggerBoat posted:

Instead of MTV and music videos they're watching tik tok and youtube stuff on their phones while playing Fortnite GTA5 or Call of Duty.

Beavis would totally do Fortnite dances and poo poo, which I think would ironically scare away some of the original gen x fans.

"I came here to watch Beavis and Butthead, not a couple of cringey young people!!!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like the joke that Beavis and Butthead go through a black hole and end up over 20 years in the future and nothing is fundamentally different.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's exactly what they're doing, this is a bridge to a new series.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I forgot to mention. I loved how the most prominent 90s reference, one that moves the plot forward, is Touched By An Angel of all things.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

That's what the 2011 revival did and it worked great.

The animation style was somehow better than this new movie, too.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Loved the new movie. How they keep failing upward in life because no one believes they can be that dumb at first is hilarious.

counting sucks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed a lot at the end where the Governor lady realized that everything she said to them could be interpreted to be about sex.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thatherton!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I asked an AI text generator to write a KotH scene in the style of a Dynasty Warriors cutscene.

quote:

The scene opens with a wide shot of the Alamo. We see Hank and his friends standing outside the Alamo, looking up at it in awe. The camera pans to the left, revealing a large group of soldiers on horseback, led by a General. The General dismounts his horse and approaches Hank.

General: I am General Santa Anna, leader of the Mexican Army.

Hank: Oh, uh, hi there. I'm Hank Hill. This is my friends, Dale, Bill, and Boomhauer.

General: I have come to take this Alamo. You and your friends must leave immediately.

Hank: Well, now hold on just a second. We ain't going nowhere. This is our Alamo, and we're gonna defend it!

The camera cuts to a close up of the General, who has a look of disbelief on his face.

General: You fools! You're all going to die!

The camera cuts back to Hank and his friends, who look determined.

Hank: We'll see about that!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Perfect.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Featuring John Redcorn as "Lu Bu"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Bobby activates his Musou, screams "Sore ga watashi no handobaggudesu!!" before kicking Hank's testicles to the moon.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Nancy! Do not pursue John Redcorn!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wanna hear a Warriors style buttrock version of the KoTH theme song now.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/kothscreens/status/1541992138346352640?t=mpjGwcl8J9vMo_LdNu-QfA&s=19

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

TIL that Beavis is his last name. Also kept wondering why this looked like your average Adult Swim cartoon and not, you know, beavis and butthead until I saw that Titmouse did all the animation, now it makes sense. Pretty entertaining and laughed a buch, esp at smart beavis and butthead's dialogue.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/proudbugman/status/1542276202769125376

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bwaaaah

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Hank, nooooo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I guess she was probably interested in Connie?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Look the Hills just ran into her at one of Buck Strickland's parties.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want Bobby to be the one to take the shot. He’ll put me down clean.

Okay.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/kaybebop_/status/1542532254467072002?t=v9JJ0322PBIuUXZH_nFDlQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/kaybebop_/status/1541836326978437120?t=GU4OQwkZ0oqNpsuSEbN2jw&s=19

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

we
are the alley friends
we drink beer every day
our coolers full of cans
we pack alamo away

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Don't got to change a thing for Connie

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005