Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Cat Hatter posted:

I know this is the least important thing going on here, but are they saying the difference between 6' and 4.5' is 2.5'?
https://imgur.com/onBh48h.mp4
(Not sure how imgur video embeds work)

Not even americans understand their own system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It would be a shame if there were a fire in the rich rear end in a top hat tunnels.

NoSpoon
Jul 2, 2004

Cat Hatter posted:

I know this is the least important thing going on here, but are they saying the difference between 6' and 4.5' is 2.5'?

The existing rail probably isn’t right at the top of the current fence. So the current palings stick up a foot, taller ones would stick up more.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Cat Hatter posted:

I'm not missing that, busses suck rear end. I'm saying that trains are prohibitively expensive for most of the places people wish they were once you consider the number of people they'd serve and its better to give crummy service (a bus) to a bunch of people than a nice service (a train) to a handful of people.

Trains>buses>>>>cars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this dumb tunnel

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

That bungalow makes me really angry.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Baconroll posted:

That bungalow makes me really angry.

Bungledlow.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

It's ugly in a way I don't understand. Design/architecture goons, tell me why I don't like this house.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BonerGhost posted:

It's ugly in a way I don't understand. Design/architecture goons, tell me why I don't like this house.

It's wearing a striped shirt with polka-dot pants. The cobbles and brick clash rather badly.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

It's wearing a striped shirt with polka-dot pants. The cobbles and brick clash rather badly.

It's also asymmetrical, but not enough to look intentional.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Motronic posted:

It's also asymmetrical, but not enough to look intentional.

It won't fix it but the windows on the door being on the opposite side of the handle is hurting my brain. Replacing the door would help a little but the door is still out of center.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Really not a fan of the "bad Minecraft build" aesthetic.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

That's what my palms look like when I don't scratch and pop open the eczema clusters, but let them naturally reabsorb, scab over and heal until the next crop pops up. Absolutely revolting, thank you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taJ4MFCxiuo

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Deteriorata posted:

Also the windows aren't symmetrical and the door isn't centered.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Also there's a manhole cover right in the fuckin' grass.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

when I don't scratch and pop open the eczema clusters

That's an option?!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/122965061#/?channel=RES_NEW

I can't decide what I like most about that house, but it might be the near complete lack of interior pictures to avoid showing you how tiny it is.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It's a UK house, they're all tiny. Kitchen is a nice size at least, and there's a floorplan if you scroll down. What a weird, horrible looking estate, though.

Bathrooms seem weird, the house looks like it's set up for somebody elderly, no high cupboards, raised oven for those who can't bend down, enough space for a wheelchair, and then they go and put a bath in instead of something more accessible. I like the ramp out the back, in a place you couldn't get into because of the step.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 21, 2022

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

BonerGhost posted:

I think for me, after reflecting on it for a few moments, it's that the "cobbled"(?? is that the term?) front feels like it's a fit for a more squat building with overhanging eaves located in the middle of a wilder garden of some sort. The "old" fronting combined with the newer-looking roof, windows and garden just makes it look like a texture that someone slapped on a render of a modern house. Completely out of place.

NoSpoon
Jul 2, 2004

Nettle Soup posted:

It's a UK house, they're all tiny. Kitchen is a nice size at least, and there's a floorplan if you scroll down. What a weird, horrible looking estate, though.

How is the master bedroom 2.8m wide, but the lounge that shares the same wall lines 3.5m wide? There’s something weird going on.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Could be measured from the back wall to W rather than the door, a built in wardrobe would account for a ~70cm difference

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

NoSpoon posted:

How is the master bedroom 2.8m wide, but the lounge that shares the same wall lines 3.5m wide? There’s something weird going on.

It’s a UK house, the lounge is a TARDIS and the electric kettles get warmer incrementally faster.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Bad Munki posted:

Also there's a manhole cover right in the fuckin' grass.

Buried gas or water shutoff?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

BonerGhost posted:

For me, it's the two horrible lawn squares. Put something pretty in there!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
The worst part about it is that it isn't the product of a single individual with horrible taste but rather some committee came up with that design and plopped a dozen identical copies of it down in that development. There are even other variants that have the same weird cobblestone/brick combo.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

koshmar posted:

The worst part about it is that it isn't the product of a single individual with horrible taste but rather some committee came up with that design and plopped a dozen identical copies of it down in that development. There are even other variants that have the same weird cobblestone/brick combo.

What. It's not an ancient house that just turned out that way? It's the brit equivalent of a subdivision mcmansion? :psyduck:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

the yeti posted:

Buried gas or water shutoff?

Drain access most likely.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related

Spotted in NW DC. This is the finished product from a contractor. The old gutter is still in place among other things.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm the zip tied bundle of assorted conduits.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Oops. Double post

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

value-brand cereal posted:

That's what my palms look like when I don't scratch and pop open the eczema clusters, but let them naturally reabsorb, scab over and heal until the next crop pops up. Absolutely revolting, thank you.

BonerGhost posted:

That's an option?!

Dyshidrotic eczema crew represent

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Vim Fuego posted:

What. It's not an ancient house that just turned out that way? It's the brit equivalent of a subdivision mcmansion? :psyduck:

It's in England so it's classier.

Leonard whitworth mc mansion III

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Arrath posted:

I'm the zip tied bundle of assorted conduits.

Thats a lineset and sealtite wiring for a mini split air conditioner.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And for an added bonus if the dude opens the fusebox at night they may not notice the rusty jagged edges!:gibs:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

By popular demand posted:

And for an added bonus if the dude opens the fusebox at night they may not notice the rusty jagged edges!:gibs:

That's not a fuse box, that's a meter base. There is no fuse there.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I came, I saw, I called the fire department.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

H110Hawk posted:

That's not a fuse box, that's a meter base. There is no fuse there.

So other than using rusty saw blades it's A-OK ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

By popular demand posted:

So other than using rusty saw blades it's A-OK ?

They're trying to cut their power usage.