Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

we must defend the honour of the fail dark souls clone Star Wars game from these reasoned opinions

okay you're not supposed to do the thing i'm talking about in order to prove you're not doing the thing i'm talking about lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He’s not denying it though, he’s saying it’s justified.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

WAMPA STOMPA so u can be a wampa

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Star Wars Fallen Order was extremely mediocre. I didn't like it, but I couldn't hate it. It just made me question what I was even doing playing it. It instills no passion.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Does WAMPASTOMPA actually let you play as a Wampa? The code is seared into my brain but I don’t actually remember what it does.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wampa Stompa was one step of how you could activate SOTE's debug mode, which would indeed let you play as a wampa on Level 2 (and many other enemies).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'll gladly play Fallen Order 2 once it comes to Xbox Game Pass via EA Play, and I won't even call it Farten Odor.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

American McGay posted:

Does WAMPASTOMPA actually let you play as a Wampa? The code is seared into my brain but I don’t actually remember what it does.

yeah different levels let you play as different enemies, it was really fun and made replaying the game fun for me and my little brothers back in the day, you could be the chicken walker! there was also a hidden easter egg of a playboy bunny emblem in this one speeder level, if you stopped and turned around at some point in the race, behind a swung open gate there's a challenge coin thingy but for some reason it's a playboy bunny symbol. ill always remember because i was so excited and i told my dad and brothers and he was all "how do you know what the playboy bunny is go clean your room"

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Every game that respawn makes that isn’t titanfall 3 I hate by default, so the Star Wars dark souls never really stood a chance

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Khanstant posted:

yeah different levels let you play as different enemies, it was really fun and made replaying the game fun for me and my little brothers back in the day, you could be the chicken walker! there was also a hidden easter egg of a playboy bunny emblem in this one speeder level, if you stopped and turned around at some point in the race, behind a swung open gate there's a challenge coin thingy but for some reason it's a playboy bunny symbol. ill always remember because i was so excited and i told my dad and brothers and he was all "how do you know what the playboy bunny is go clean your room"

It was Max of Sam and Max you dunce.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

elf help book posted:

I'll gladly play Fallen Order 2 once it comes to Xbox Game Pass via EA Play, and I won't even call it Farten Odor.

Ya know, I always get a weird urge to play FFXIII-2 when I see your avatar. For context, I recently finished XIII (surprisingly good) and have never played XIII-2 before.

Should I go do that or...?

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

precision posted:

okay guys keep being weirdly hostile about a perfectly decent star wars game :shrug:

im just sayin it's weird
I got stuck halfway through after a cutscene did not trigger because I took a different route than the developers intended. And before that, half of the time there were graphical glitches like my graphics card was overheating. Decent game, loving lmao.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thunder Bear posted:

Ya know, I always get a weird urge to play FFXIII-2 when I see your avatar. For context, I recently finished XIII (surprisingly good) and have never played XIII-2 before.

if you enjoyed XIII you'll probably enjoy XIII-2, though the combat is a lot less tightly-balanced and there's some really blatant padding in the game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Ryoga posted:

lmfao owned

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ryoga posted:

Lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ryoga posted:

lmao

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Ryoga posted:

lol!

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
goldmine

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just tried the ninja turtles game with my 10 year old and it rules. Saving downed players is hard though with the bar going so slowww and you usually get knocked before it completes. It’s fun to try. It rules this is on gamepass!

I am trying not to buy tony hawk 1+2 because I assume it will come to gamepass when the actiblizz deal closes but I dunno if I can wait! They need a sale.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I tried a Shadowrun game, it made me want to continue my Wasteland 3 game. Not saying I didn't like it, I just forgot about my Wasteland 3 game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Augus posted:

if you enjoyed XIII you'll probably enjoy XIII-2, though the combat is a lot less tightly-balanced and there's some really blatant padding in the game.

yeah imo 13-2 is like. the most boring midgame part of 13 but the whole way through. the story is wacky which is cool though. i never really sat down to try lightning returns though.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

I tried a Shadowrun game, it made me want to continue my Wasteland 3 game. Not saying I didn't like it, I just forgot about my Wasteland 3 game.

Returns is so-so but Dragonfall and Hong Kong are two of the best modern RPGs made.

Also I don't understand people who like Wasteland.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Alchenar posted:

Returns is so-so but Dragonfall and Hong Kong are two of the best modern RPGs made.

Also I don't understand people who like Wasteland.

I'm playing Returns whenever I can get away from ESO and it is the most jam of all my jams. If the others are better I'm thrilled.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah imo 13-2 is like. the most boring midgame part of 13 but the whole way through. the story is wacky which is cool though. i never really sat down to try lightning returns though.

LR is a fun ride. The lore and cosmology is still poorly translated and basically incomprehensible but Lightning talks a lot of poo poo and gets into goofy situations and the combat system is really fun.

It’s my favorite XIII game despite being the cheapest-looking and most jank one

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I'm playing Returns whenever I can get away from ESO and it is the most jam of all my jams. If the others are better I'm thrilled.

Returns took me from 'I have no idea what Shadowrun is' to 'Oh wow this is some really great storytelling in a really engaging setting' but then when you play Dragonfall you will realise within about 60 seconds 'oh the actual gameplay of Returns was actually pretty crap wasn't it?'

It turns out cover mechanics are quite important in a turn based shooty RPG

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Thunder Bear posted:

Yes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

External Organs posted:

Recompile has an incredible vibe!! I'm into it.

Yeah its cool. I got stuck somewhere in it last year and just sort of stopped playing instead of googling what to do, but it was pretty fun

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Ryoga posted:

Still loling

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

It’s very funny

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Blue Raider posted:

It’s very funny

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is there an easy way to browse the @iD summer demo event games on console? I’ve heard a bunch about it and wanted to check some out this afternoon but there’s really no indication of where to find them. Usually there will be like a panel on the home menu advertising it or something but I’ve got nothing.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I think they have their own panel in the store. They should have more visibility for sure.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

Star Wars Fallen Order was extremely mediocre. I didn't like it, but I couldn't hate it. It just made me question what I was even doing playing it. It instills no passion.

Star Wars Fallen Order was a really good entry title into that particular type of gameplay, in an age where those types of games are fairly saturated and FROM software had drat near mastered the form. It's weird watching someone try to re-invent the wheel. To those who have never played a souls-like, though, or the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time games, or Assassins Creed post Origins, it was probably a mind blowing experience.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

TheAnomaly posted:

Star Wars Fallen Order was a really good entry title into that particular type of gameplay, in an age where those types of games are fairly saturated and FROM software had drat near mastered the form. It's weird watching someone try to re-invent the wheel. To those who have never played a souls-like, though, or the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time games, or Assassins Creed post Origins, it was probably a mind blowing experience.

Which could be a lot of people! Really on these massive IPs I'm surprised whenever anyone risks anything, including making a game with effort behind it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Outriders campaign was fun enough but even with the endgame changes its endgame Expedition/Challenge Tier grind isn't very good. "Grindy" doesn't always mean bad, but unlike say Destiny 2's strikes or whatever these endgame missions are fun to play maybe once or twice tops. Not liking the flow and feel of the endgame's loot and leveling. I'll play the new DLC campaign at some point but after that I think I'll stick to better looter shooters.

It's funny to me that the devs stressed that Outriders is not a live game and would never have microtransactions, because it feels like it was designed to make you give up at some point and yell "Okay I'll just buy a loving Gear Upgrade Pack from the shop already for fucks sake"

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Roman posted:

Outriders campaign was fun enough but even with the endgame changes its endgame Expedition/Challenge Tier grind isn't very good. "Grindy" doesn't always mean bad, but unlike say Destiny 2's strikes or whatever these endgame missions are fun to play maybe once or twice tops. Not liking the flow and feel of the endgame's loot and leveling. I'll play the new DLC campaign at some point but after that I think I'll stick to better looter shooters.

It's funny to me that the devs stressed that Outriders is not a live game and would never have microtransactions, because it feels like it was designed to make you give up at some point and yell "Okay I'll just buy a loving Gear Upgrade Pack from the shop already for fucks sake"

It's probably very difficult to manage it as a live game being made by a studio separately from the publisher. You'd need square enix to commit for a lot of budget on a game they don't have day to day operational control over. I cannot think of a big live ops game where that's been the case outside of mobile stuff (and that's like, Call of Duty mobile and Asian market targeted stuff mostly).

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Evil Dead The Game is super hard to me. The mechanics are really simple but I just always seem to make the worst mistakes. The missions solo are unbearable. Having to start over from the very beginning when you die? The first mission took me 4 tries and each try took around 20 minutes.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Evil Dead The Game is super hard to me. The mechanics are really simple but I just always seem to make the worst mistakes. The missions solo are unbearable. Having to start over from the very beginning when you die? The first mission took me 4 tries and each try took around 20 minutes.

The Evil Dead games are left-handed erasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Missions that are fun to play once sound perfect compared to the F2P standard, which is zero times