Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Tuna on pizza here is very much not a common thing.

Only time I've ever seen a tuna pizza is in the post horrible pizzas thread.

Same. I'd definitely try it, but I never saw it before posting in various weird food threads here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I don't mind Anchoves on pizza, but tuna just isn't my style

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tuna on pizza here is very much not a common thing.

Only time I've ever seen a tuna pizza is in the post horrible pizzas thread.

It's a common thing, in countries that aren't fascist hellholes with no individual rights and reactionary courts.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Americans do tuna melt right? Tuna, shrimp and mussels is one of my pizza go-to's and it's strange how that's suddenly crossing a line.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Americans will put any god drat thing on a pizza, but tuna that isn't served in slices raw over seasoned rice is considered poverty food here (where like nice tonnato and Nicoise-grade fish are rare). So when somebody says "tuna pizza" to an American the first thoughts are (in order) school lunch, stray cat food, microwave dinner for one, then "wait do they mean nice tuna?".

poo poo I'm arguing about American food in multiple threads, or the "reverse Butterfly Valley"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The tuna pizza should include the cat food Tina though

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

steinrokkan posted:

It's a common thing, in countries that aren't fascist hellholes with no individual rights and reactionary courts.

Someone has to stand up to Big Tuna and if that means I have to give up my rights then so be it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

cat food Tina

I haven't had the pleasure of being introduced to Tina yet...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

lobsterminator posted:

Am I being a dummy, but al tonno is a perfectly common pizza in Italy?

Is this some american meme that tuna cannot be on pizza?

There's a whole lot of wackass Italian pizzas in this thread. It might taste good, but I wouldn't use "is common in Italy" as a metric for anything about pizza.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
To be fair the worst Italian pizza crimes are labeled "pizza Americana" anyways:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

To be fair the worst Italian pizza crimes are labeled "pizza Americana" anyways:

*loudly snapping fingers* Garçon!! What kind of American pizza is this anyway, it doesn't even have a single burger...send it back at once!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

lobsterminator posted:

Am I being a dummy, but al tonno is a perfectly common pizza in Italy?

Is this some american meme that tuna cannot be on pizza?

I guess when I think of tuna I immediately think of canned tuna, which isn't great.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Who gives a fuk what is common or accepted in Italy. Have you actually met an Italian? There is nothing to aspire to with regards to Italians!

America is the highest level of Pizza renaissance you should aim to achieve.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

*loudly snapping fingers* Garçon!! What kind of American pizza is this anyway, it doesn't even have a single burger...send it back at once!

This is from the Swiss side of the border so they probably will answer to garçon. But not in a friendly manner.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I think they're saying the pic is just 2 slices worth of the onions? :stare:

Original if any Portuguese speakers want to correct the weird translate

According to the ufo thread Brazilians have advanced knowledge of extraterrestrial life forms. I belive this to be true entirely based on their pizza technology. Beyond earth, pizza beyond human understanding

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Soul Dentist posted:

Oh, I would consider the first pizzas in this post to be far worse than any of the Americanas pizzas.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940135&pagenumber=8&perpage=40&userid=224328#post519752042

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soul Dentist posted:

Yeah any foreign American pizza always seem to be just insane.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

repost of our mestre, our god, the reason why we are here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How did they even get to 'howabout we burn trash while we bake pizzas!'? Did they build the pizzeria next to a garbage dump?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Yeh raw white onion with the strongest cheese imaginable is peak white European boomer.

The shittiest possible interpretation of a ploughman's lunch

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Good news, everyone

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Captain Hygiene posted:

Good news, everyone

Dang a pizza can also be the Quaker Oats guy too! This is big time news right 'ere.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Here's one perfect pizza to cleanse the palate.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Yeah any foreign American pizza always seem to be just insane.

It's because in their perception "American" means "lol those comically fat fucks will eat anything"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Darkest Auer posted:

It's because in their perception "American" means "lol those comically fat fucks will eat anything"

Well, I mean they're not wrong... but we have SOME standards.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The base on any UK supermarket sold pizza labelled American must by law go really soggy in the oven.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

lobsterminator posted:

Here's one perfect pizza to cleanse the palate.

All I see

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

itry posted:

All I see

lol

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

itry posted:

All I see

People can pop it, and stop.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

itry posted:

All I see

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

itry posted:

All I see

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Named "Meatastic", this is a pizza made of deep fried ham with cheese on top with even more meat

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That sounds hard to chew.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Named "Meatastic", this is a pizza made of deep fried ham with cheese on top with even more meat
Looks like it's pretty much just a chicken Parmigiana, but with ham. Done right really nice, would recommend.

This dish already has a perfectly usable name people know, why are you calling it some thing else confusing everyone, restaurant people!!!

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Captain Hygiene posted:

Same. I'd definitely try it, but I never saw it before posting in various weird food threads here.

Tonno is a very common and beloved topping in Germany, every pizza place & frozen food aisle has it. I rarely order it unless I'm drunk, onions & a good amount of heat on it is mandatory though.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

That is not a Pizza who cares

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I'm not going to deep fry the ham but I do have some really high quality mince in (ground beef) so tonight I'll make a giant beef patty and use it as a pizza base. I got me a air fryer grill so it will be a case of switching it from flat plate for the patty to air fry for the toppings.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Be sure to post the results here!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pizza Hut in Australia has started selling this recently as the "Schnitzza".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

quote:

As Pizza Hut describes it, the schnitzza combines two of life’s best things – pizza and a chicken parmi.

quote:

Essentially, what we’re dealing with here is a large round chicken schnitzel as a base and your favourite pizza toppings as a coating to create a pizza schnitzel hybrid.

Pizza Hut is releasing the schnitzza in four flavours:

Margherita Schnitzza
schnitzza margherita
Image: Pizza Hut (Supplied)

The Margherita Schnitzza is a crispy chicken schnitzel base topped with Pizza Hut’s classic marinara sauce and gooey mozzarella.

Hawaiian Schnitzza
hawaiian schnitzza

The Hawaiian Schnitzza is a crispy chicken schnitzel base topped with smoky honey ham, juicy pineapple, Pizza Hut’s classic marinara sauce and gooey mozzarella.

Creamy Ham & Mushroom Schnitzza
ham mushroom schnitzza

The Creamy Ham & Mushroom Schnitzza is a crispy chicken schnitzel base topped with smoky honey ham, sliced mushrooms, creamy alfredo sauce and gooey mozzarella.

BBQ Beef & Ham Schnitzza
bbq beef ham schnitzza

The BBQ Beef & Ham Schnitzza is a crispy chicken schnitzel base topped with crumbed beef, smoky honey ham, tangy BBQ sauce and gooey mozzarella.

Genius? Sacrilegious? Both?

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 30, 2022