Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

anatomi posted:

Casting in general has been on point but Starr is a goddamn treasure.

This one’s my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Hughie to me is the classic millennial guy that thinks he's more woke than he is.

In his head, he's fine with having a girlfriend who's stronger and more successful than him. In reality, he's not happy unless he's the powerful one in the relationship. In his head, all he wants is for A-Train to sincerely apologise for killing his girlfriend. In reality, he wants to punch his head and he doesn't care about collateral damage any more than A-Train did.

Like a lot of the characters, he has an amazing mental image of himself that doesn't match up with his actions. I think Butcher is just about the only one who realises his actions don't match his supposed principles and he doesn't give a gently caress.

As for my theories on Soldier Boy (and the fight scene):

Soldier Boy is emitting some kind of radiation all the time, we know because of Hughie's Geiger counter. And it seems to intensify the more amped up he gets, culminating in the destructo-blast.

My theory is that the radiation is what drains the powers of people near him, and it's constantly in effect to some degree. That's why the twin's power fizzled out while he was charging up, and why the three of them could hold their own against Homelander relatively well.

(the beam clash was dumb though. Although I did like the small touch that Butcher's eyes are emitting a lot of smoke, and he's screaming, while Homelander just looks like he's concentrating. I think if he wasn't so arrogant at letting himself be distracted by each new combatant he could've taken them all.)

Just a thought anyway. I think we're going to find out why the Russians gave Soldier-Boy new powers, and I'm not sure it's going to turn out to be a good thing for Soldier-Boy.

jabby fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 26, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Anyone want a beatboxing Homelander avatar? Can't justify buying it right now.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 26, 2022

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

That's mesmerizing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I think the power fizzling was just as a joke, but also because they said they haven't done it for 10 years. I guess you could also argue that they despise each other which is affecting how their power works.
Also if it was as you are suggesting, then Butcher or Hughie would have noticed that their temp powers were wonky and said something.

Sometimes being radioactive just means you are radioactive.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Apparently Amazon only gave them one note about the orgy which was that "In every moment, we have to understand that this is a superhero orgy, and not just an orgy"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mcbexx posted:

Anyone want a beatboxing Homelander avatar? Can't justify buying it right now.

drat, I remember Annie going "Nom nom nom" looking different.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

anatomi posted:

Casting in general has been on point but Starr is a goddamn treasure.

hosed up that they made me feel bad for such an rear end in a top hat, even for a few minutes.And then at the end of episode 6 when he's standing in front of the mirror again, but this time we don't see/hear the internal dialogue - you know he's just shredding apart any last dregs of humanity left in there.

TBH the person who is probably going to catch the worst of it when Homelander goes full psychopath is Maeve - he knows she's been dallying with Butcher, so she's HL best chance of finding out how the hell Butcher and Hughie have powers, why Soldier Boy is involved, etc.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

starlight posts in d&d

She's too liberal for them. Annie is KHive

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

As Homelander walks out of the room we see the rubber mask come off and it was Tom cruise/Maeve/Stan edgar/the crazy psychic bald girl from the facility,behind the mirror all along!

Black Noir pulls off the rubber mask to reveal his normal mask underneath.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

When SB is charging up later you see HL'S eyes fizzling and Butcher and Hughie start losing their grip, so I assume that merely being around him even before the explosion fucks with your powers

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
When Starlight made the video at the end and aired all the dirty laundry, why didn't she mention that Homelander kllled Supersonic, especially with the connection that she had with him

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

tokin opposition posted:

every adult character in the boys deserves the guillotine

Anika seems pretty cool, outside of her garbage choice in chocolate.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think the power fizzling was just as a joke, but also because they said they haven't done it for 10 years. I guess you could also argue that they despise each other which is affecting how their power works.
Also if it was as you are suggesting, then Butcher or Hughie would have noticed that their temp powers were wonky and said something.

Sometimes being radioactive just means you are radioactive.

That tube thing was actually made out of old CRT monitors and Soldier Boy has been in there eating bananas the entire time.

It adds up.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

When Starlight made the video at the end and aired all the dirty laundry, why didn't she mention that Homelander kllled Supersonic, especially with the connection that she had with him

I imagine the same reason she didn't drop the plane video. Don't empty your magazine in the first salvo.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

NutritiousSnack posted:

She's too liberal for them. Annie is KHive

She's a nice, pleasant, Christian girl from Iowa, she probably voted for Rubio in the primary.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Xiahou Dun posted:

Anika seems pretty cool, outside of her garbage choice in chocolate.

That tube thing was actually made out of old CRT monitors and Soldier Boy has been in there eating bananas the entire time.

It adds up.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

GD_American posted:

I imagine the same reason she didn't drop the plane video. Don't empty your magazine in the first salvo.

It's probably also to make a good ending - a short simple "Soldier Boy is alive and responsible for the recent attacks, Homelander is evil, I'm quitting" gets the point across. I imagine we'll see her bring up more specific things in the next episode.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I just realized that Deep is probably the only person who watches hentai for the tentacles.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's at least two

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

RE: the hughie toxic masculinity subplot

agreed mostly with what everyone has said about it so far. one thing i did want to mention though that really didn't sit right with me was the part in the episode when hughie saves MM from the Russians after taking V24. there's the scene in the truck where they're driving a dying kimiko to the hospital and hughie has this smug, very proud look on face for doing what he did. i felt that seemed so very wrong. i mean, i get that we're supposed to see that hughie is quite pleased with the results of V24, but he's doing this WHILE KIMIKO IS DYING IN THE BACKSEAT! he seems to be the only person in the crew that's not thinking of her at the time. it just felt really out of character and just weird.

grobbo posted:

On another note, Homelander's entrance and challenge to Soldier Boy basically rendered it moot, but I wondered if there were a few lines cut out of that hotel room scene. Soldier Boy seems incredibly compliant and content to go along with the plan, even though he's already proven that he's fully capable of finding his old team members like Crimson Countess without needing help from the internet, and it doesn't seem like the Twins' location was even particularly hidden.

His rant about complicated modern America would feed naturally into an opportunity for the Boys to persuade him that Homelander is a Nazi-loving, decadent creep who he can go and beat up to make things simple again, but instead we get 'you're not the only one who wants payback' and smash cut, mission accomplished.

okay good, i'm glad i'm not the only one that thought butcher managed to convince SB with remarkably little effort, especially for a guy who just spend the last 50 years being tortured by a hostile country, who you would think would be a little bit more discerning and cautious with who he would associate with.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
lets be honest he probably wanted a crack at homelander anyway simply because everyone said he was the new, better solider boy, having someone else track down payback for him was just a bonus

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

RE: the hughie toxic masculinity subplot

agreed mostly with what everyone has said about it so far. one thing i did want to mention though that really didn't sit right with me was the part in the episode when hughie saves MM from the Russians after taking V24. there's the scene in the truck where they're driving a dying kimiko to the hospital and hughie has this smug, very proud look on face for doing what he did. i felt that seemed so very wrong. i mean, i get that we're supposed to see that hughie is quite pleased with the results of V24, but he's doing this WHILE KIMIKO IS DYING IN THE BACKSEAT! he seems to be the only person in the crew that's not thinking of her at the time. it just felt really out of character and just weird.

He's high as a kite.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

drat this last episode, I can't remember any show having me on the edge of my seat like that at the end. This show is the real deal.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Eau de MacGowan posted:

lets be honest he probably wanted a crack at homelander anyway simply because everyone said he was the new, better solider boy, having someone else track down payback for him was just a bonus

Yeah, just look at his face when he asks Butcher to tell him about the guy, he already thinking about it.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

GD_American posted:

I really thought she was going to go "and Victoria Neuman is the Head popper" at the end there.

I'm really curious why Neuman is so confident she could explode Starlight's head but not Homelander's. Is she bluffing with starlight? She had some line about it maybe taking a lot of effort but being possible.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
She's gotta have line of sight but we don't know how far away she can be and still pop. Plus, starlight's head is presumably way easier to pop than say, Homelander. Regular people's heads don't seem to be an issue. Girl went full Pringle on Congress.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Maybe it's a matter of whether she can pop his head before he eye lasers her eyes out. I understand not wanting to take that gamble.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Maybe it's a matter of whether she can pop his head before he eye lasers her eyes out. I understand not wanting to take that gamble.

I feel like Starlight's power being incredibly bright/blinding is gonna come into play with Neuman.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

jabby posted:

I feel like Starlight's power being incredibly bright/blinding is gonna come into play with Neuman.

In a grand showdown scene Starlight blinds Vicky who immediately curses and turns around to face her Supe allies, forgetting the murder eyes are still on, and ends up killing and maiming half of them before the big fight even gets started.

Another comic hope: I really hope we get Supe-seeking missiles and A-10 gun runs on grounded Supes.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My new hope is a dramatic moment where a villain's about to win until Hughie teleports completely inside of them and explodes out of them like the Koolaid Man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Martman posted:

My new hope is a dramatic moment where a villain's about to win until Hughie teleports completely inside of them and explodes out of them like the Koolaid Man.

VNN: Stunning news today, the evil Homelander was finally defeated though it cost the hero who finally finished him off his own life. Let us forever remember the heroic sacrifice of.... Termite!
Hughie (in a bodycast): God loving dammit.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

So did anyone count how many Temp Vs Maeve gave Butcher this time?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

VNN: Stunning news today, the evil Homelander was finally defeated though it cost the hero who finally finished him off his own life. Let us forever remember the heroic sacrifice of.... Termite!
Hughie (in a bodycast): God loving dammit.
Well poo poo I was forgetting we've basically already seen that. That kinda limits the options for Hughie pulling off badass moves.

In my defense some of the gore starts to really... blend together... hmm, poor choice of words.

Martman fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jun 26, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I thought the hairy fat dude in the gold underwear was more revolting than any of the gore or nudity so far.

Turn on your monitor.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I think the setup will be Hughie teleporting his way between an oblivious Starlight (maybe on stage?) and Neumann, allowing them to mirror the opening scene from Season 1 and close his arc from ‘powerless in a world of superheroes, losing the one he loves’ to powerful and saving. Also closes his foray into Butcher utilitarian nihilism with self sacrifice and hope. And they can mirror it visually but Quaid’s naked.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
He needs to grab hold of homelander/the deep/A-train and teleport them inbetween Neumann like the poster said above.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Think Deep will go out trying to stand up to Homelander, after his wife gets fried during a tantrum.

Also think the V24 is toxic, so Hughie and Butcher will both know that theyre on borrowed time. Nobody gets to be a non-hosed up Supe in the Boys.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

Think Deep will go out trying to stand up to Homelander, after his wife gets fried during a tantrum.

The way Deep rolled his eyes behind her back after she jumped in to join the conversation with Homelander, I wonder if he's already tired of her now that he's back on top (albeit in a hilariously reduced 7) and will dump her out himself.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gets caught in a jacuzzi with a dolphin and murders her to stop the story coming out (the dolphin is underage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The Deep is heading towards a moment where Homelander reveals he knows that he retrieved the airplane video footage, and that won't result in his death but it will result in suffering. Deep's wife absolutely does not understand the danger she is in trying to integrate herself with the forces of toxic masculinity and probably comes to a sudden end soon.