Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the destruction of democrats in 2022 has now taken place. political majorities have nothing to do with the quality of being destroyed, and democrats have proven that in a bravura performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

MLSM posted:

He said nothing will fundamentally change and boy he meant it

turns out he lied about that too lmfao

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1540762413464580096

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

theCalamity posted:

It still tickles me that the Democrats created the cloture rule that is preventing them from passing anything. It's loving hilarious.

Yeah it's a right wing party, and always was, at least from Truman onwards

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Jabronie posted:

It's always fun to check this calendar when something horrific happens. A good excuse for them as people lose steam.

lmao that the House is off for the entire month before, as well as week of, the elections.

six weeks of paid vacay over two months lol, and coming after five weeks off in aug/sept.

I know it's bc they'll be campaigning (and, more importantly, fundraising) but just lolol at their lack of even pretending to care about passing anything.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

"forces his way to the front of x" captures the essence of Beto

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Cerebral Bore posted:

those rules are intended to facilitate arbitrary mod actions by removing any need to come up with plausible explanations for punishments while providing an illusion of even-handedness, hth

The SCOTUS thread got derailed for pages by someone demanding an entry in an 18th-century dictionary that defines "arms" to mean "guns", and multiple people got probed for saying he was being willfully dense.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

political power grows from the barrel of an arm

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

biden supported the hyde amendment in 2019

lmao if you think he doesn't still

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chamale posted:

The SCOTUS thread got derailed for pages by someone demanding an entry in an 18th-century dictionary that defines "arms" to mean "guns", and multiple people got probed for saying he was being willfully dense.

That was so loving funny, just the perfect example of debate and discussion.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Not seeing any lies.

https://twitter.com/jhoiras/status/1540771237911207937?s=21&t=Uyxc0XhCfVSF7bzrcVqYpg

The democrats are going to be destroyed in 2022.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
I met a woman from Rwanda on bumble, maybe she'll marry me and take me to a country that isn't poo poo.

Real talk though I was trying to learn how they've been doing in the 21st century. All I had heard before hand was that they had recovered remarkably well considering, and that they were pretty welcoming to refugees which is pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0ozxrZlEQ

Then I watched that vid, and wtf, Rwanda is like strictly better than the USA :lmao:

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rwanda is doing a thriving business detaining Europe's nonwhite refugees

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Forseti posted:

I met a woman from Rwanda on bumble, maybe she'll marry me and take me to a country that isn't poo poo.

Real talk though I was trying to learn how they've been doing in the 21st century. All I had heard before hand was that they had recovered remarkably well considering, and that they were pretty welcoming to refugees which is pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0ozxrZlEQ

Then I watched that vid, and wtf, Rwanda is like strictly better than the USA :lmao:

a big part of that is because of how successful they were at profiteering off of the Second Congo War

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

the white hand posted:

Rwanda is doing a thriving business detaining Europe's nonwhite refugees

OK, I figured it was something like this because I don't exactly think of Singapore as a place I'd want to model.

Still over that incredibly low USA bar lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

a big part of that is because of how successful they were at profiteering off of the Second Congo War

always good to see countries that come out of colonialism internalizing how the world really works :sigh:

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

hobbesmaster posted:

always good to see countries that come out of colonialism internalizing how the world really works :sigh:

I do give the Rwandan government some credit for at least investing a lot of that blood money into stuff that actually helps the people. More than a lot of other governments do. But y'know, it's still at the expense of the people of some other country.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/WrittenByHanna/status/1541094348636520449?s=20&t=RC68DlLXzpLTBKso-tNVAQ

I know this is from a while back but lol

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Listen to what lmao why should anyone have to loving listen to their representative? They're the ones who are supposed to listen, they're representatives!

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Hmbol

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Chamale posted:

lmao that owns

I really love what the leadership has done with that place. Everyone who posts there deserves to have to post there.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lol that white woman fist shake

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

lmao that owns

I really love what the leadership has done with that place. Everyone who posts there deserves to have to post there.

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/746803108949409793?lang=en

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

At least Beto runs up on republicans to call them pieces of poo poo what is anyone else doing better than him

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

hobbesmaster posted:

the “to be fair” here would be that congresspeople have two offices - one in their district and one in Washington that they split time between so the calendar only shows when they are working in Washington as opposed to their district.

in reality: :rubby:

Gotta make time for the local mega donors too!

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

evilpicard posted:

At least Beto runs up on republicans to call them pieces of poo poo what is anyone else doing better than him

its stupid, self-serving, and ineffective but its also doing a real hustle, which i respect

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hear me out, but I hope the Democrats win in November.

I want to see those thousand yard stares as they realize they made a bunch of promises they are now on the hook for. I want to hear the wilder and wilder excuses for their inaction as the country continues to burn. I want more irate cries of $600+$1400 except even stupider.

I want at long last for the world to see them as they truly are, with nothing to hide behind in the end but themselves. Only then will their destruction be truly complete.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

That scenario would just be a repeat of the last two years. Libs will keep their cognitive dissonance and saying just a few more senators this time will fix it.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Hope this means they stay home.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

papersack posted:

That scenario would just be a repeat of the last two years. Libs will keep their cognitive dissonance and saying just a few more senators this time will fix it.

Yes but it'll he even funnier this time

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1541086994020933632
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1541087616174530561
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1541087943976181761
Say what you like about the man, but he didn't miss. The Clintons will be damned for the rest of recorded history as mankind burns as a result of their ambitions.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The one thing that I always circle back on being puzzled by is the Susan Sarandon fixation

The Dems are just plain sad lol

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

docbeard posted:

Yes but it'll he even funnier this time

The longer it goes on the funnier it gets, like The Aristocrats.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Good soup! posted:

The one thing that I always circle back on being puzzled by is the Susan Sarandon fixation

She's the Emma Watson for olds. She is an icon to them and supposed to always be on their side and if they don't agree with them on issues it's a betrayal.

How can Thelma call dems dumb!? How can Heromine not like my favorite author of my favorite story in loving ever??

It's like if Sean Penn became a republican if anyone cared about Sean Penn.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

StratGoatCom posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1541086994020933632
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1541087616174530561
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1541087943976181761
Say what you like about the man, but he didn't miss. The Clintons will be damned for the rest of recorded history as mankind burns as a result of their ambitions.

It's a stretch to lay the blame anywhere but on Obama who promised then refused to codify it in 2008 and failed to fight for a justice nomination in 2016. Obviously RGB being a racist collection of cancers powered by hubris is a close second, it's still crazy to put it anywhere but on Obama since you can secondarily easily make the case that the entire (first lol) Trump administration was also a direct result of Obama.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Good soup! posted:

Anyone who has seen Rocky Horror or Bull Durham should have at least a little bit of a Susan Sarandon fixation. These types of feelings are perfectly normal.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

with the exception of our brave succ zone troops I want everyone who posts in d&d to be miserable so this misses the mark

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

docbeard posted:

Hear me out, but I hope the Democrats win in November.

I want to see those thousand yard stares as they realize they made a bunch of promises they are now on the hook for. I want to hear the wilder and wilder excuses for their inaction as the country continues to burn. I want more irate cries of $600+$1400 except even stupider.

I want at long last for the world to see them as they truly are, with nothing to hide behind in the end but themselves. Only then will their destruction be truly complete.
yeah I really want to hear these pieces of poo poo tell me why $1400 is $2000 again :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

LastInLine posted:

It's a stretch to lay the blame anywhere but on Obama who promised then refused to codify it in 2008 and failed to fight for a justice nomination in 2016. Obviously RGB being a racist collection of cancers powered by hubris is a close second, it's still crazy to put it anywhere but on Obama since you can secondarily easily make the case that the entire (first lol) Trump administration was also a direct result of Obama.

the 2009 bill was a copy of a bill proposed in 1989 and 1993. the 1993 bill cleared committees but a Democratic majority in both houses (57 senators, 258 in the house) didn’t pass it for the democratic president to sign.

hobbesmaster has issued a correction as of 03:44 on Jun 27, 2022