Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think he already knows how she got the footage. Honestly I'm not sure why though. Might be mixing up 2 things from the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I know it was mentioned earlier on the thread, but having just gotten to the scene in S2 where Starlight kills an innocent person - probably needlessly - and then says she didn't feel anything, man her whole pointless stance this season, and her self-righteousness about it, becomes really weird.

Still a great show but it feels like spinning the wheels there a bit.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It feels to me like she felt guilty as shir about that and that's prob what's informing her actions this season? Killing a guy and getting Butcher's approval didn't help her one bit. So might as well to just go for the moral stand. It scans to me.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Jensen Ackles is a wildly attractive person.

What do we think the odds are of Solider Boy surviving this season

Reading the wiki on the comics iteration and ho boy, glad they went another direction.

quote:

Soldier Boy is Payback's "elected" leader, though he yearns to join the Seven. (never resorting to foul language or joining his team during the "Herogasm" Orgies). He also mistakenly interprets gay sex with Homelander as a test for him to join the Seven.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 26, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The World Inferno posted:

Very low. I'd be surprised if he makes it to next season.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, I originally thought Neuman would be the season's villain, but I get the sense they're probably adding her to Homelander's all supe leadership team.

I don't see Ackles doing more than a season of this, and then going off to either reignite that movie career or take on a series regular role in something. His casting this season always felt like it was an attempt to reignite Ackle's career post Supernatural.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I would be surprised if he's around one more season, but I really hope he is.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was wondering how many supe weiners we were going to see. If a supe with a heing power gets circumcised, does the foreskin grow back? Or donthey have to a special mohel with a diamond balded scalpel or whatever they use?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Shageletic posted:

It feels to me like she felt guilty as shir about that and that's prob what's informing her actions this season? Killing a guy and getting Butcher's approval didn't help her one bit. So might as well to just go for the moral stand. It scans to me.

Yeah, she doesnt feel guilty in the moment, and her initial thought was "why did you go for the gun you idiot?", and that's what drives her guilt once she has time to process it. She can feel herself becoming like the other supes, and she hates it

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1541066433970536448

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder what Boys Universe Seth Rogen posts

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:lol: @ notable celebrity Seth Rogen

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
i'm guessing A-Train isn't dead and he finds Hughie and gets V24 which lets him run again but he's gonna need 1 every day

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/scenesoftheboys/status/1540661987931193345

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

The World Inferno posted:

I'd put them at about 60/40. Kripke went out of his way to get him in the show, and wrote the character with him in mind.

He's had a blast with the character, so unless Homelander lobs him into Saturn or something I'd say there's a chance. He got along well with butcher, and if they go the comic route of butcher killing all supes, I can easily see that kicking off with soldier boy, especially if Homelander is gone.

60% nope, 40% yup.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Had a chance to sit down and watch Herogasm last night, what a great hour of television. I'm both nervous and excited to see how the last two episodes of the season play out. A lot of major poo poo happened as far as plot and direction went.

It was so cathartic to see Homelander challenged on a physical level, he's coasted all his life being a god among men. It'll be interesting to see where the character goes after this. And de-powered Kimiko getting it done had me sweating, the Homelander fight was so good, but her fight was a highlight of the episode as well.

I wonder how the score of the episode will hold up over time, I agree it is the best episode of the series so far, so many points came together. If something is very good or very bad the internet loves to 10/1 it to death. Not sure what I'm saying here, as I'd give it a 10 myself.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/lonemrager_/status/1541048836554199042

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
Who's that in the middle?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

2nd level spells posted:

Who's that in the middle?

I think it's Antony Starr

Almost hard to believe there are two more episodes this season.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Why did Starlight say "I acquit" at the end of her speech? Who did she acquit?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kuiperdolin posted:

The glove didn't fit. Don't know what else you're looking for, here.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

AlternateNu posted:

The glove didn't fit. Don't know what else you're looking for, here.

Yes she felt she didn't fit into The Seven and was referencing a famous trial with noted Baseball player OJ Sampson.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'd put them at about 60/40. Kripke went out of his way to get him in the show, and wrote the character with him in mind.

He's had a blast with the character, so unless Homelander lobs him into Saturn or something I'd say there's a chance. He got along well with butcher, and if they go the comic route of butcher killing all supes, I can easily see that kicking off with soldier boy, especially if Homelander is gone.

60% nope, 40% yup.

Consolation prize might be that Jeffrey Dean Morgan really wants into the Boys, so there's a good chance he will show up in season 4.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Morrow posted:

Consolation prize might be that Jeffrey Dean Morgan really wants into the Boys, so there's a good chance he will show up in season 4.

Playing a different character, I assume

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

jabby posted:

So did anyone count how many Temp Vs Maeve gave Butcher this time?

just enough to run out when it's most dramatic

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Kuiperdolin posted:

Vought of any wrongdoing!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

500 new posts I'm not reading but that episode was great.

Looks like Homelander's invulnerability relies heavily on fear. Maybe 4 or 5 of the seven could take him out if they all worked at once but they're all cowards so it would never happen.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Looks like Homelander's invulnerability relies heavily on fear. Maybe 4 or 5 of the seven could take him out if they all worked at once but they're all cowards so it would never happen.

I know what you mean and I agree with you but I think it's real funny to word it like this when The Seven currently is literally just Homelander and The Deep.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Also, at this point I assume that Soldier Boy will realize he has no real reason to risk his life fighting Homelander and will just swap sides.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Also, at this point I assume that Soldier Boy will realize he has no real reason to risk his life fighting Homelander and will just swap sides.

Ego, both want to be the big man, and both know the other do as well, so the other is always a threat, no matter how much they claim to team up.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Soldier Boy is a walking Chad meme, the one thing he's not going to do is pussy out and show his belly to the guy almost in their last fight

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
That scene with Homelander trying to talk the suicide off the ledge is some balls. That is a pastiche of a very beloved scene from All Start Superman and is far more intresting than anything in Snyder's Superman movies.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Am I the only one who believes that Soldier Boy did the same poo poo Homelander is now doing and that's why he was given to the Russians as part of a deal? He appeared to be doing whatever he wanted however he wanted and no one was more powerful than him, so odds are he was exactly like Homelander is going now. Only difference is the people in charge at the time took note and decided to do something about it before he embarrassed the nation, a hero is one thing, a martyred hero is legend and forever. Could be the military was pissed at him for screwing things up and set him up, but betting it's going to be the former. Just another Homelander, hence why his team hated him. Sounds familiar. Wouldn't surprise me if Homelander is his genetic son, if not some aspect of SB in him.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He went into that fight suuuper overconfident though. I mean he can fly. He could hover over everyone else and laser them up and they couldn't do poo poo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Do you think Homelander gives up the cape? That was a brutal Ackles line delivery.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Am I the only one who believes that Soldier Boy did the same poo poo Homelander is now doing and that's why he was given to the Russians as part of a deal? He appeared to be doing whatever he wanted however he wanted and no one was more powerful than him, so odds are he was exactly like Homelander is going now. Only difference is the people in charge at the time took note and decided to do something about it before he embarrassed the nation, a hero is one thing, a martyred hero is legend and forever. Could be the military was pissed at him for screwing things up and set him up, but betting it's going to be the former. Just another Homelander, hence why his team hated him. Sounds familiar. Wouldn't surprise me if Homelander is his genetic son, if not some aspect of SB in him.

The mystery over why Soldier Boy was sold out is something only Stanton and Noir know the answer to, I'm presuming they reappear next episode and make whatever revelations they make to set up the finale.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Ya Homelander fights stupid cause he never had to fight before. I wonder if he ever bothered training at all.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

jabby posted:

He went into that fight suuuper overconfident though. I mean he can fly. He could hover over everyone else and laser them up and they couldn't do poo poo.

pretty sure laser blasts, chest energy blasts, and teleportation can all go up

on that note, it would be funny if in the next fight homelander tries that and gets teleported back to the ground nude and hugged by nude hughie

TIP fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 26, 2022

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

TIP posted:

on that note, it would be funny if in the next fight homelander tries that and gets teleported back to the ground nude and hugged by nude hughie

That seems like the most "The Boys" way that things could go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Do you think Homelander gives up the cape? That was a brutal Ackles line delivery.

Ohh I want another mirror session on him putting it on and taking it back off repeatedly

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 26, 2022