Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Entropic posted:

The subtitles on the official HBO youtube vid label Dolores' narration in the trailer as being said by "Christina", read into that what you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpj0v0U4R0o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Very excited for some great music. They’d better not be doing a Portal 2 with a human on which Dolores was modeled story. If we’re throwing prediction darts at the wall I’ll guess that CPAlores is part of some backup Rehoboam battery simulation.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think the whole world is a WorldWorld

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Why'd they have to put another NIN cover in the trailer? Now I'm going to watch this stupid poo poo to see if they actually use the soundtrack well again.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I think the whole world is a WorldWorld

For sure. It's gonna be thrown in a far-off future and the Hosts have made a WorldWorld to figure out some riddle about humanity they need for their survival.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Worldworld is just an intricate car battery.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I kind of liked Ed Harris’ daughter. I’m sure they forgot all about that stinger that had her back as a robot in the future, though.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Why'd they have to put another NIN cover in the trailer? Now I'm going to watch this stupid poo poo to see if they actually use the soundtrack well again.

Music is the only consistently great thing about this show.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Music is the only consistently great thing about this show.

I felt like the 3rd season dropped the ball there as well. Seemed to be much less of it and used poorly.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
HBO could’ve easily had two milky robot shows on their progamming slate at the same time, but inexplicably decided to cancel Raised By Wolves.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
To me S2 is better than S3 because it simply had greater heights to it. S2 had a few episodes that I think were actually the best in the entire series, by a large margin, while S3 didn't really have anything that stood out to me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gonz posted:

HBO could’ve easily had two milky robot shows on their progamming slate at the same time, but inexplicably decided to cancel Raised By Wolves.

i cannot comprehend the idea of a person who watched the first episode and wasn't instantly on board for the whole ride. they must exist in the world but... must they?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

So was the last episode of this the one where future soldier Jesse Pinkman put the kibosh on raping the hosts after their training exercise? Also, why didn't they just switch the hosts into freak mode after training?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dum Cumpster posted:

I felt like the 3rd season dropped the ball there as well. Seemed to be much less of it and used poorly.
They did use Fischerspooner's Emerge as credits music and for that, I am thankful.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So was the last episode of this the one where future soldier Jesse Pinkman put the kibosh on raping the hosts after their training exercise? Also, why didn't they just switch the hosts into freak mode after training?

You put more thought into it than the writers did.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Kinda forgot we get a new ep in five minutes! :toot:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

LLLLLLLLLLEEEEETTTTTSSSSSSS GET REEEAAADDDDDYYYY TO STUMMMMM-BBBBLLLLLEEEEEEE!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mind controlling flies, huh

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I was questioning why I still watch this show and I'll be damned if the last minute didn't hook me back in.

E: My god, that version of Video Games.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 27, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Always good to see Aaron Stanford again. I assume he'll be back since its most likely that Christina is in a simulation.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
This is Eastworld, and it is still incoherent.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Codependent Poster posted:

Mind controlling flies, huh

My take was that the scene was supposed to show host-gangster seeing his own dead and fly infested flesh body after being replaced, but they cut that part before shooting but still left the flies. Scene sequence makes no sense otherwise.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What the gently caress was that?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjHSHFHokGs

My suspension of disbelief is shattered

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

That was pretty boring! But it was coherent. At least Teddy is back.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I liked S2 but most importantly it was a good springboard for Zahn McClarnon's career.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Very indicative of how far this show has fallen when the season premiere gets 10 new posts. The thread was extremely active with live posts and speculation during season one.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
The show was extremely full with good poo poo and quality during season one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That episode was extremely boring.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

MokBa posted:

Very indicative of how far this show has fallen when the season premiere gets 10 new posts. The thread was extremely active with live posts and speculation during season one.

The show is probably not doing well compared to S1 (maybe not even S3 at this point), but it’s appointment TV that is dead. Most people will watch over the next week.

M_Gargantua posted:

This is Eastworld, and it is still incoherent.

Judges? I’m sorry, we were looking for “WestSide World starting Dolores and Teddy!”

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's not dead, your show just needs to be really really good.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I forgot S3 almost totally, whats the deal with Ed Harris at the end of S3 into S4 I'm already confused.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
why does this show exist? why am i watching it? what is the meaning of life?

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
S1: Sexy robots getting abused by rich vacationers
S2: Sexy robots abusing rich vacationers
S3: GTA5 Rp is real actually and Elon Musk designs all transport.
S4: “I write npc stories for video games.” “What’s an npc?”

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Campbell posted:

S1: Sexy robots getting abused by rich vacationers
S2: Sexy robots abusing rich vacationers
S3: GTA5 Rp is real actually and Elon Musk designs all transport.
S4: “I write npc stories for video games.” “What’s an npc?”

i wish s2 was that good

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Elendil004 posted:

So I forgot S3 almost totally, whats the deal with Ed Harris at the end of S3 into S4 I'm already confused.

He was killed and replaced by Robo Ed Harris, who works for Halebot

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Ignis posted:

He was killed and replaced by Robo Ed Harris, who works for Halebot

...who is a Dolores? They are are Dolorii, right?

There is probably a youtube video explaining all of this. :ohdear:

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

...who is a Dolores? They are are Dolorii, right?

There is probably a youtube video explaining all of this. :ohdear:

Right, but she was blown up in a car or something (that also killed human hale's daughter?) and that made her evil. I'm forgetting the exact sequence of events.

I can't believe they did a time jump that glosses over the world being turned upside down at the end of S3. And then they also do that thing where a character is in a deep, meaningful relation with a new character and we have no idea why they both love each other since we know nothing about this new person. Give me a loving break.

Lister fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 27, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
There is no way that Dolores Christina isn’t inside some sort of open world simulation that she herself is unknowingly influencing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
The best part of the premiere was Maeve. Let’s hope her character keeps some coherence this season.