Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

the 2009 bill was a copy of a bill proposed in 1989 and 1993. the 1993 bill cleared committees but a Democratic majority in both houses (57 senators, 258 in the house) didn’t pass it for the democratic president to sign.

Which is why it's tough to blame Clinton for this specific failing of the democrats even though I'd put Clinton as *the* impetus for the democrats turning into what they are today. My personal position is that libs never cared, just as they have never cared about the wellbeing of blacks after 1968, or immigrants, or gays or literally any group the republicans regularly attack because what are they going to do? They can't vote for the only other viable option and they have to vote if they want to survive, much less have any rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Also Sarandon believes in things and has stuck to her guns rather than groveling to libs who are the best and know what's best. It's why they still hate Bernie and his bros even though Bernie fell into line for Clinton and Biden. Its not enough that you do what they want. You have to be broken and apologize for not agreeing with them.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

2015-2016-2020-2022

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

LastInLine posted:

It's a stretch to lay the blame anywhere but on Obama who promised then refused to codify it in 2008 and failed to fight for a justice nomination in 2016. Obviously RGB being a racist collection of cancers powered by hubris is a close second, it's still crazy to put it anywhere but on Obama since you can secondarily easily make the case that the entire (first lol) Trump administration was also a direct result of Obama.

Obama governed the way he did because Clinton set the path. Clinton was part of the Democratic Leadership Council in the 80s, alongside future piles of poo poo Al Gore and Joe Biden. They called themselves the New Democrats, and they staged an internal takeover to move the democrats towards the center. Abandoning labor and the social safety net and embracing Reaganism was a planned political project. Obama would later join the New Democrats and govern accordingly.

Pretty much all the worst failures of the democrats can be laid at the feet of the Clintons and Joe Biden. There were others, sure, but those three were the primary architects of loving over everything.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

more like the Turd way

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

yeah I really want to hear these pieces of poo poo tell me why $1400 is $2000 again :rolleyes:

people going to bat for 1400=2000 was the most major league democrat brain i've ever seen lol.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ex post facho posted:

2015-2016-2020-2022

What's that it looks cool

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

yeah I really want to hear these pieces of poo poo tell me why $1400 is $2000 again :rolleyes:

bro do u even inflation

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

1glitch0 posted:

It's everything,

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Kazzah posted:

It's everything,

everywhere

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Oneiros posted:

everywhere

bagel

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Kazzah posted:

It's everything,

gently caress I meant this one, bagel

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Inflation

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/bookis714/status/1541129448472293376?s=20&t=NEwaLnYkJyhogoo0y_YSYA

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lol

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/More-than-1-million-voters-switch-to-GOP-in-17267799.php

quote:

Suburban swing voters who turned against Trump's Republican Party in recent years appear to be swinging back, according to data analyzed by The Associated Press.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:rubby:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

Obama governed the way he did because Clinton set the path. Clinton was part of the Democratic Leadership Council in the 80s, alongside future piles of poo poo Al Gore and Joe Biden. They called themselves the New Democrats, and they staged an internal takeover to move the democrats towards the center. Abandoning labor and the social safety net and embracing Reaganism was a planned political project. Obama would later join the New Democrats and govern accordingly.

Pretty much all the worst failures of the democrats can be laid at the feet of the Clintons and Joe Biden. There were others, sure, but those three were the primary architects of loving over everything.

Oh yeah no doubt, in this we're in total agreement. I'd also concede that pointing at a single democrat of the post-Clinton era to lay blame is like saying it's just the claws of the cat that killed the bird, they're all part of the same whole. Additionally I'd go so far as to say voters are well aware of this, that the post-Clinton dems are just republicans who will say but not do the right things and that any support they have out of their urban strongholds exist out of revulsion to the conservative project, not out of belief in them as a political force which is why they are being destroyed in 2022. They are only supported enough to win elections as a reaction to republicans getting what they want and their losses come when they are elected to stop it and fail.

This entire thread is nothing but pointing out that fact and wishing obliquely that a political solution to our problems existed, but it doesn't and we are doomed.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
l o l

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Why would he openly admit to pedophilia?! :eyepop:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Horseshoe theory posted:

Why would he openly admit to pedophilia?! :eyepop:

mod application

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Rename thread to 'the democrats have been destroyed in 2022'

nobody is voting for those jokers ever again lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Democrat” will be a byword for destruction for millennia, much like how we still refer to the classical Roman practice of decimation.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

the sex ghost posted:

Rename thread to 'the democrats have been destroyed in 2022'

nobody is voting for those jokers ever again lmao

lol that the narrative they're trying to push is that 'republicans getting everything they ever wanted during a democrat party led congress and executive is actually good for our chances because people will want to help us'

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Platystemon posted:

“Democrat” will be a byword for destruction for millennia, much like how we still refer to the classical Roman practice of decimation.

we'll get to retire the similar usage for Whigs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Can't wait for Democrats to lose Congress in the midterms so abortion rights can get more and more restricted <3

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
We got prayer back in school and the babies are safe. Now I just need to keep voting Republican for the rest of my days to keep the heathen Demonrats from taking God away again.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

can't wait to not help the democrats

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nonsense posted:

can't wait to not help the democrats

good democrat impression

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

hold on just one second I was assured this would never happen and the materially comfortable highly educated suburbanite voters would NEVER, EVER immediately snap back to the GOP the exact nanosecond they think crime is going up and/or the value of their house doesn't increase as much as they assumed it would

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nonsense posted:

can't wait to not help

-the democrats

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

hold on just one second I was assured this would never happen and the materially comfortable highly educated suburbanite voters would NEVER, EVER immediately snap back to the GOP the exact nanosecond they think crime is going up and/or the value of their house doesn't increase as much as they assumed it would

Why do you hate bipoc

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Why do you hate bipoc

I'm sorry but the fact is the latinx brainpan is biologically configured for machismo

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

sorry i mean latin@

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I'm sorry but the fact is the latinx brainpan is biologically configured for machismo

machismx

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This is the fault of trans people for existing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Adbot