Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SocksAndSandals posted:

Are they ripping off Dubai bcs I distinctly remember that city starting off as basically a big ol' line in the desert back in the day

They're ripping off musk lol. There's a certain brand of dumbass dipshit that loves watching space ship launches that will eat up a slick well produced video talking about "The Future"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Quizzlefish posted:

Wow his hands look worse than I thought

:five:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

italian quid posted:

They're ripping off musk lol. There's a certain brand of dumbass dipshit that loves watching space ship launches that will eat up a slick well produced video talking about "The Future"

The Dahir Insaat segment combined with Bazingas

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

As a new Tesla owner I resent this remark and demand that you stop this blasphemy of our lord and Martian saviour 😡

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Charles Leclerc posted:

As a new Tesla owner

hahahahahahahahahhahAhahahahHhahahahhaahhahab

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Pearnicious posted:

It really sucks rear end that America is regressing to an even worse third world theocratic poo poo hole country, and that I will most likely die in the civil war sparked by either the 2024 or 2028 presidential elections, but hey, at least I got to laugh at some dank memes on the way down.

I'd say it'd be cool if F1 skipped the American races to protest this, but no one in the US cares about F1 so it'd be moot.

We'd need most of the National/Major league teams to quit for anyone to care. I hate it here. I'm also in Austin TX so it's especially a repressive hell-scape

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

DevCore posted:

[...] but no one in the US cares about F1 so it'd be moot.

This will be very true once again when Netflix goes under.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They could use the new commercials on Netflix to advertise good shows like the Antiques Roadshow

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

DevCore posted:

I'd say it'd be cool if F1 skipped the American races to protest this, but no one in the US cares about F1 so it'd be moot.

We'd need most of the National/Major league teams to quit for anyone to care. I hate it here. I'm also in Austin TX so it's especially a repressive hell-scape

Yep, every time Texas makes headlines for some heinous law or whatever there's a little high-pitched voice from just across the Red River, like an annoying copy-cat younger cousin squeaking, "Hey I can do that too, look at me!"

I also hate it here, so we copied that too.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

They could use the new commercials on Netflix to advertise good shows like the Antiques Roadshow

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Or whatever irrelevant poo poo Piers Morgan is now doing that I hear advertised on the radio every day

Clarence
May 3, 2012

When's the next US race? I want to see what Seb's t-shirt is going to say.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Clarence posted:

When's the next US race? I want to see what Seb's t-shirt is going to say.

I hope it says :d2a:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Charles Leclerc posted:

Or whatever irrelevant poo poo Piers Morgan is now doing that I hear advertised on the radio every day

He's on national telly isn't he? Cause like most countries nowadays it's all going to poo poo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Something that's really saddened me with all this streaming poo poo is the death of the stupid loving infomercials you could put on when you were drunk at 2am. That poo poo was loving great

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Can one of you IT types let me know how I can get my laptop replacement ticket unassigned from a loving co-op student and re-assigned to someone that will know what they're doing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

italian quid posted:

Can one of you IT types let me know how I can get my laptop replacement ticket unassigned from a loving co-op student and re-assigned to someone that will know what they're doing.

Tell them you clicked on a link in a malicious email.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Submit the ticket again and hope it gets assigned to someone more useful

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

italian quid posted:

I’m not an it type so my answer why do you want a replacement computer so fast when you could be using it as an excuse to not answer emails etc

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Work smart

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

I’m not an it type so my answer why do you want a replacement computer so fast when you could be using it as an excuse to not answer emails etc

I still have to use the old one till the new one arrives buddy and it's a lot easier to do gently caress all when excel isn't crashing 1-2 times a day because my loving 4 year old rinky dinky Lenovo work last gave me has 8gb of ram and can't handle more than like 3 excel spreadsheets being open at once

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
my 4 year old macbook pro is working perfectly

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nawilo_420 posted:

I'm not eligible for a MacBook because I have to use Microsoft Access. I specifically asked if I could get one and that's what they came back with

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zedd posted:

He's on national telly isn't he? Cause like most countries nowadays it's all going to poo poo

Being on national TV in the UK basically means you got somebody to pony up the bare minimum for a freeview channel number. I'm sure the dozens of people who tune in to watch his ersatz outrage are very pleased to have their poo poo opinions 'validated' though.

Being nationally syndicated on UK television is, quite literally, orders of magnitude less impressive than the Max Headroom Incident.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

italian quid posted:

Microsoft Access

lol, lmao

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://jalopnik.com/daniel-ricciardo-is-producing-a-scripted-formula-1-tv-s-1849114249

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Charles Leclerc posted:

As a new Tesla owner I resent this remark and demand that you stop this blasphemy of our lord and Martian saviour 😡

nawilo_420 posted:

italian quid posted:

I'm not eligible for a MacBook because I have to use Microsoft Access. I specifically asked if I could get one and that's what they came back with

This loving page has been an excellent emotional roller coaster.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Access deez nuts

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cannon_Fodder posted:

This loving page has been an excellent emotional roller coaster.

The best part of the F1 thread is when there is no F1.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

your friend wicka posted:

Access deez nuts

Do you know how many times I want to say that when I have to have some loving 2 hour meeting about putting some stupid poo poo into access to spit it out onto a spreadsheet when a macro could easily do the same thing

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

nawilo_420 posted:

hahahahahahahahahhahAhahahahHhahahahhaahhahab

i think it’s neat that teslas do a tribute to f1 with their romain grosjean mode

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I will not stand idly by and let the good name of Microsoft Access be besmirched!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

italian quid posted:

Something that's really saddened me with all this streaming poo poo is the death of the stupid loving infomercials you could put on when you were drunk at 2am. That poo poo was loving great

The second best drunk purchase someone I know made was one of those magic bullet blenders. He found out when it was delivered.

He already owned a magic bullet

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

You could ask for a previous generation of MacBook Pro with Intel processors, install Windows on it to use Access. Actually, I think you can get a new M1 MacBook Pro and install Windows for ARM on that, it's unsupported but it works. And Microsoft has put out a native 64 bit version of Office for ARM processors.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

refleks posted:

inching ever so closer to complaining about "that uppity black"

redbull needs someone to fill in for juri vips

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

rpop posted:

You could ask for a previous generation of MacBook Pro with Intel processors, install Windows on it to use Access. Actually, I think you can get a new M1 MacBook Pro and install Windows for ARM on that, it's unsupported but it works. And Microsoft has put out a native 64 bit version of Office for ARM processors.

Just build your own PC, OP.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Custard Undies posted:

Now there is a car you can set your watch to!

This looks like it's taking styling cues from a cybertruck :barf:

Every time I see that McMurtry car it looks like someone upload a video with the wrong aspect ratio and frame rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JYp9eGC3Cc

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

italian quid posted:

Microsoft Access
goondolences

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

rpop posted:

you know as much as I'm sure I could run this set up no problem, I get why my IT department would and should absolutely say no to this given that me and my coworkers once watched for 30 minutes as a director struggled to plug a USB plug into an ethernet port and then couldn't figure out why her USB dock wasn't working once it was in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
So you're saying you're a Ferrari performance analyst...