Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Kaboobi posted:

Also put one of each sphere in your storehouse and then don’t worry about selling them all. You can still access the areas if they’re in the storehouse.

Great tip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The 90-99 exploration grind is rough. Feels like I’m lucky if I make a half a level of progress a day. I wonder how much the new level 80 zone will help progress because at this rate, it may be out before I hit 99.

Similarly, the honey grind also sucks. I’m assuming the bear makes it much better but I’m definitely blocked by honey and 99 exploring right now.

Looking at the Towering Investment quests… probably not even worth starting for a few months until I’m 99 and have all pets at 6+.

So I’m on the fence about spending a month of all resources grinding to 99 exploring or just starting to GM a bunch of things and hoping the 80 exploration zone comes out by August and makes the grind less awful. Grinding to 99 is probably better just because of the honey bottleneck but it does not feel good.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Definitely get some of the level 6 pets first so you can be accumulating stuff like herbs in the background.

I just finished ATI II (600 herbs) and I can get almost everything for ATI III done well before reset except the lemons/oranges. Is it worth dumping all my OJ into WC for those or just wait until my orchard goes off? e: nevermind pumpkins are going to take all day and then some.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Don't bother hurrying it, ATI IV requires 600 seaweed, which you can only get from fishing at Small Island, at a rate of ~1 seaweed per large net.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

...then you hit the Spiked Shell wall...

But yeah, don't rush anything in ATI. You'll immediately hit another wall and get no reward for your progress, just poke at it over time as you get the stuff.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Yeah, I think I have all the level 6 before 99 exploring that even matter. I guess I’ll just start saving for the 10B storehouse and farm row because I’m waaaaaaay off on the Herbs, Honey, Dragonflies, and Cogwheels.

I’m still trying to figure out what the breakpoint is for steelworks upgrades. I’m still burning through the steel quickly at 100/hour. Steelworks is a huge money generator though. When I hit 50/hour i noticed a very large increase in daily silver. At 100, I can burn through almost all the oak I get through WC and mushrooms I grow if I spread my stamina usage out through the day. I’m sure I’ll hit the breakpoint of steel/hour versus mushrooms an hour pretty soon.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I felt today was a good day for the spiked shells, with the clown fish in CC and I need the 100k achievement there.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is it just the gold fish that you can't catch with nets or also other things?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

just the gold fish (and gold boot)

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Bottlenecked in two main quest lines by hundreds of golden fish, not even halfway up 98 farming to pursue capybara relief, feels bad!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

corn

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

Bottlenecked in two main quest lines by hundreds of golden fish, not even halfway up 98 farming to pursue capybara relief, feels bad!

Yeah, me too. Where’s that AHK macro someone was working on?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Koryk posted:

Yeah, me too. Where’s that AHK macro someone was working on?

I need this, because this game is going to cause lasting damage to my hands otherwise.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

If anyone has extra spiders, I could use them so I can finally get that exchange center trade.

Username Capfalcon in game as well.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Capfalcon posted:

If anyone has extra spiders, I could use them so I can finally get that exchange center trade.

Username Capfalcon in game as well.

Inc

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Thanks. Got what I needed.

Also, lol, next quest needs 50 skull coins. Yeah... That's gonna be a bit.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Capfalcon posted:

Something like 5 days with a Level 6 Snake.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Capfalcon posted:

I found the flags and eyepatches took longer than the coins by a good bit.

And if you haven’t found one yet, have fun with the model ship.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Klungar posted:

I’m getting 7.2-7.3M silver per LN in PC, myself, with only one more GM to go.

That doesnt sound right? Im getting 8,3m and have 3 GMs left.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ineptitude posted:

That doesnt sound right? Im getting 8,3m and have 3 GMs left.

The weekend event is 15% extra silver so that’s probably the difference.

The stamina change is really good. Can just slowly use it over the course of the day and not void any oak and then get a huge dump the next day.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

New stamina perk is nice, but you still lose out on Stamina until your Max Stamina is 360 (or 720 with the Energy Drink perk), so it’s still optimal to use all of your stamina each day. F that though, it’s too hard, hundreds of thousands of stamina over the limit 4 lyfe

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
The worst part of gecko jail is that I need literally nothing else from Black Rock Canyon so it’s just stamina down the stamina drain.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

FreshFeesh posted:

The worst part of gecko jail is that I need literally nothing else from Black Rock Canyon so it’s just stamina down the stamina drain.

Are you done with literally everything else you need to do for the Tower? I got through the quest without stepping foot in BRC, getting all my Orange Geckos from the Wishing Well. Exploring is probably better spent in the Forest to make Nets to get all the fishing drops you still need.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Klungar posted:

Are you done with literally everything else you need to do for the Tower? I got through the quest without stepping foot in BRC, getting all my Orange Geckos from the Wishing Well. Exploring is probably better spent in the Forest to make Nets to get all the fishing drops you still need.

Yeah, I’m nowhere near needing geckos yet and I have about half the geckos and from I need just from throwing crab claws in the well since the Macaw came out. Same with frogs.

Throw claws in all day long.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I’ll have to start with the claws; I hadn’t even considered them since picking up the macaw. Thanks for reminding me to look at the longer-term goals!

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Intruders Beware needing 4 cutlasses is rude as hell.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Any chance this mask is tradeable and anyone has extras? I can't find it in the first explore cave and its lame that I can't progress into new explore areas without abandoning that quest.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

It is not, but put in yddub in as a mailbox password and you’ll get one.

Hell, go down the list of the 100 mailbox passwords and just throw them all in and get a stock of some good stuff to get through early quests.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Looks like I need Farm Lvl 20 for that but will do, thanks!

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Mailbox passwords confused me terribly when I was starting. I knew there were over a hundred, and I expected to see a drip feed of clues via quests like the first two. I didn't want to "cheat" by just typing in the list of passwords.
But it turns out there aren't actually any quest-clues after those first two and I can only assume that the clues on buddy.farm are fan-made. So unless you're a big dweeb for riddles I'd suggest just going down the list and typing them all in at the start.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's more fun to try and guess passwords, especially the dumb, obvious Password tier ones.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

They feel, to me, like the sort of thing that were just hidden in patch notes or sprinkled out through events over time. Without the initial context though they'd be impossible to find. So I just went down the list and put em all in.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Agent355 posted:

They feel, to me, like the sort of thing that were just hidden in patch notes or sprinkled out through events over time. Without the initial context though they'd be impossible to find. So I just went down the list and put em all in.

Yeah, on May The 4th, it was fun to guess any odd Star Wars related name or phrase you could think of to see if one of them triggered, especially since the dev was just watching what guesses came in and added the ones they found amusing to the original list. Certainly would not be nearly as fun to try and do that blind with no context.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

sweet freedom

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Lawlicaust posted:

200 pocket watches, the model ship, 100 gold fliers, 50-100 of every lower tier item the macaw drops is going to take a while. The macaw was my first level 6 pet and it got 6 more to level 6 before I got all the drops I needed from him.
I started playing exactly two weeks ago and somehow it turned into an impromptu speedrun, so I'm about halfway through the PC requirements at this point (beelining macaw and snake helped).
An unexpected bottleneck with this kind of approach is bacon, of all things, since pigs grow only so quickly and Mount Banon's drop rates make model ship and pocket watches look like acorns.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

oldskool posted:

drat it, i can hear the whispering creek from here

L6 Tree Frog is broken lmao

e: Fishing script
code:
;tab nation with help from Chris Kimbrell
xpos1=
xpos2=
SetMouseDelay,-1
SetBatchLines, -1
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
Process, Priority,, High

InputBox, howmuchbait, Bait Amount,How much bait to use?, ; Input Amount of Bait to Use
tooltip, Put mouse in top left corner of pond and press F6
Return
f6::
If xpos1 =  
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos1, ypos1
	tooltip, Put mouse in bottom right corner of pond and press F6
	Return
	}
If xpos2 =  
	{
	MouseGetPos, xpos2, ypos2
	; tooltip, Put mouse in the upper left of pond and press F6
	; Return
	}
tooltip, fishing will begin in 3 seconds. Press F2 to end early
sleep 3000
tooltip
loop	{
	loop	{
	Random down1x, 10, 20
	Random up1y, 10, 40
	Random up2y, 40, 75
		;light mode 0x50452F
		PixelSearch, 1Px, 1Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0x13323b, 90, Fast ; Find Fish
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)	
				{
				; tooltip, No Fish Found
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)	
				{
				1Py += up1y
				1Px -= down1x
				Random fishclick, 1, 2
				MouseClick, left, %1Px%, %1Py%, fishclick ; Click on Fish
				; tooltip, Fish Found, Click
				fishcount++	; Increase Fish Count
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 300, 800
			sleep %randsleep1%
	loop 20	{
		; loopcount++ ; Displays a count on screen to verify search is progressing
		PixelSearch, 2Px, 2Py, %xpos1%, %ypos1%, %xpos2%, %ypos2%, 0xFF0000, 50, Fast ; Find Blue Button
			if (ErrorLevel = 1)	
				{
				; tooltip, No Circle Found. Attempt %loopcount%
				}
			else if (ErrorLevel = 0)
				{
				; tooltip, I found the Circle! 
				2Py += up2y	
				Random dotclick, 1, 2
				MouseMove, %2Px%, %2Py%	; Used to test Mouse Click Position
				MouseClick, left, %2Px%, %2Py%, dotclick ; Click on Blue Button
				; tooltip, I tried to click the Circle!
				break
				}
		}
		Random randsleep1, 400, 1000
	sleep %randsleep1%
	if fishcount = %howmuchbait%	; End Fishing if Fishcount = Bait Wanted to Use
	break
	}	

f2::
Msgbox, Fishing Completed! You have caught around %fishcount% fish! ; Display number of fish caught
reload	;exitapp
tl;dr: Zoom in like crazy, pick some number of bait, F6 when your mouse cursor is above & left of the top left fish, F6 again when it's below & right of the bottom right fish, give it a few seconds, watch it go, don't mess with the mouse, F2 to stop

:siren:Caveats:siren:
  • You have to zoom in enough to get the fish slider bar's popup into the fishing area, because otherwise you end up having to pixel-search way too massive an area & it fucks up. I'm not sure if this is related to searching the color itself, or the range of colors it's looking for, or just not enough CPU cycles to get it to find the dot, mouse the dot and click the dot before the dot's moved from where it thinks the dot is. Personally, my zoom is 250% and that gets the bar fully into the pixelsearch area.
  • The color set up is for dark mode. There's a bit that says ";light mode 0x50452F"; replace the 0x13323b in the line directly below that with 0x50452F if you're one of those light moders.
  • Color recognition for actually hitting fish is hit-or-miss; doesn't work at all on Minerva, works ~85% of the time on Large Island. It always moves to the fish on LI, it just....doesn't always click on them, or the click doesn't register, and I'm not sure why. I figure having it bumblefuck around a little bit here is probably good for anti-botcheck if nothing else, and atm I'm only fishing LI anyway, so I haven't dug into this like I originally wanted to.
  • Hasn't missed a blue dot for me.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 27, 2022

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Do the game devs care about fishing botting?

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Yes, but I don’t care, either way I’m freeeeeee

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Arcturas posted:

explicitly, botting isn't allowed.

realistically, this script isn't pinging the server more often than you would be if you were actively clicking the fish & clicking the dot (& one could argue it's actually slower & less strenuous, depending on which dot patterns you get and how adept you get at hitting them), so unless you run it for like...several hours straight, it's not really going to be noticeably different from somebody just sitting in a waiting room or whatever tapping away manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Does anyone have spare Spiders? I need 88 for a quest and it's very slow going. Same name there as here.